Explain why the Earth is Flat

What is all the evidence for the Earth being flat?
If not, why does this convince people?

Where did this Theory come from? Is it a shill/distraction tactic or is it real.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=37y-MSBU6iY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_cooling
skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/dealing-with-dew/
i.4cdn.org/pol/1500386533235.png
youtube.com/watch?v=vPBkgBEAOc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here let me save you 200 posts before mods delete thread
>mah lenses
>mah flight paths
>mah curvature
>WATER CANT BE ROUND

CIA stop trying to associate us with dumb shit, everyone can see you plain as day.

Why is Antarctica's circumference so outlandishly big?

some funny guys did a thought experiment and came up with the best arguments they could in favor of a flat earth. as a joke. It relies upon deliberately ignoring well understood math, asking elementary school physics and astronomy questions then ignoring the answers, and the casting doubt on anything any educated person says, what any accepted textbook says, and all photographic or video evidence by accusing people of participating in a vast disinformation campaign run by NASA.

For the clever, it's a good larp. For the retarded, it's hottest in-the-know fad of the day.

weird things happen when you try to put a spherical surface on a 2d plane.

So what you're saying is the Earth is more of an oval.

>implying we're going to listen to you
What are you going to do it about it?

Ok I don't know if the earth is flat, or if its hollow, concave or even holographic but I have a serious question about our moon. Why is moon light colder than shade? When two thermometers are set up next to each other to measure the temperature of shade and the other moon light, it comes out that moon light is colder. Whats up with that.

No, there are just not many ways to get a sensible equal proportion projection onto a 2d plane. It's inevitable that some parts of the map will be distorted.

That said, the earth is not a perfect sphere, though it's sensible to consider it as such unless you're interested in gravitational aberrations.

gravity is a lie. they try to explain how things defy gravity with terms like "buoyancy". helium or hydrogen in a balloon makes it float allegedly because the helium or hydrogen weighs less than the surrounding gases

but you know what weighs less than hydrogen? nothing.literally nothing is a vacuum .vacuum weighs less. vacuums dont have a a gravity defying effect with a membrane that weighs the same amount as something filled with hydrogen like a blimp. those are pretty big. they dont use hydrogen anymore but had at one time

now that nasa and newton has been BTFO its time for the proofs that the earth is flat. the american government is trying to prevent people in south america from going to antartica. in the "summer" its not even frozen and people had gone there in the past now they have a military blockade because they dont want you going to the edge and seeing whats in the great beyond

i know what your saying "bullshit you damn nigger" well im no nigger and i can explain the horizon illusion . its thermal influences in a gas that has some moister. its distorting lights flight path. this is how they explain a mirage which can happen over water and created the floating city illusion. it doesnt take intense heat to create a minor deviation. you only need a decent heat source for a dramatic change in the lights flight path. over miles its enough at day time or even night on earth to create the illusion and it requires telescopic lenses to compensate for because the illusion takes miles to create

here comes the pasta
broken thermometer.

A lot of other people have tried and came to the same result. Moon light is colder then shade.

>A lot of other people have tried and came to the same result.

a lot of people have tried killing themselves and discovered that anime is real in the afterlife, give it a try.

the question between flat and round earth is facetious at best.

the real nature of the question is a matter of geocentric, vs heliocentric astronomy. the idea that the earth is a stationary flat disc in the center of the universe and the sun and moon revolve around it vs a model where the earth moves at incredible speeds in a vacuum and everything is extreme distances away

the geocentric has massive theological implications, validates pretty much all scriptures and mythology, and the oldest story of mankind how there was once a stationary star (over a stationary disc) in the Golden Age, where there was no night time. and backs the notion that the earth is a created place by some sort of divine being

>some funny guys did a thought experiment and came up with he best arguments they could in favor of the holocaust being a hoax. as a joke. it relies on deliberately ignoring well understood evidence, asking elementary school history and physics questions, then ignoring the answers, and casting doubt on anything any educated person says, what any accepted textbook says, and its all photographic or video evidence by accusing people of participating in a vast disinformation campaign run by every single historical society in the entire world

you BY FAR are the most intellectually dishonest person to have ever posted on this board.

If you're talking about this experiment:

youtube.com/watch?v=37y-MSBU6iY

then the answer is one that any amateur astronomer can know.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_cooling

The night sky is cold.

Objects exposed to the night sky will radiate their heat into it. Objects exposed to less of the sky (such as under a tree) can "see" less of the sky and will radiate less heat to the sky.

Its the same reason amateur astronomers put tubes in front of their telescopes.

skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/dealing-with-dew/

The anti-dew tubes have no optics and can be made of anything you fancy. They do nothing except stop the lens at the front "seeing" a large part of the sky.

Edit - that article even says "grass in the middle of a field white with frost or dew while grass near a tree has none". Its exactly the same effect as the "shade" in the youtube video.

>you BY FAR are the most intellectually dishonest person to have ever posted on this board.
You seem to be the most honestly stupid. at least in this thread.

Nah I agree with him 100%. He just happens to actually possess some real intellect and probably paid more attention in school than you ever did.

i.4cdn.org/pol/1500386533235.png

>weird things happen when you try to put a spherical surface on a 2d plane.

this meme, makes you intellectually dishonest and in your dishonesty removed the azimuth projection

>Nah I agree with him 100%. He just happens to actually possess some real intellect and probably paid more attention in school than you ever did.

i guess you both believe the holocaust happened too, didnt you?

watch out, we have an intellectual juggernaut here.

I'll save you the time of looking for evidence because it is literally all coming from religious people who arguing about science is merely the tip of the iceberg, when you get down to the nitty gritty and ask them how could this possible be covered up they go down the Gnostic autism rabbit hole about the Illuminati having contact with ayy lmaos and demon intervention and if you accept Jesus you'll understand all this.

The best part is flat earthers won't even deny this, this is how you can separate the trolls just repeating what they see from youtube for replies and the real ones, because they take it as part of their especially autistic religious views.

>what is magnetism
>what are field lines
>which direction does the flux travel
>how is it possible to magnetize ferrous metal so that it acts as a compass

that picture is weak

I haven't watched this video before and I've already read this article on jewgle and it just doesn't make any sense if the moon is reflecting sun light and beaming it down to earth, it wouldn't loose temperature or brightness. If light is heat waves and the sun is so big it can even reach Pluto so that (((NASA))) can take a cgi picture of it completely illuminated, than moon light be super hot.

Fuckers took the bait again. When will Sup Forums learn

>azimuth projection
azimuthal projections are still horrendously distorted. Wait, why am I arguing about geometry with someone who didn't pass it in highschool?

>I'll save you the time of looking for evidence that the holocaust is a hoax, because it is literally all coming form anti-semetic bigots who aruging about history is merely the tip of the iceberg, when you get to the nitty gritty and ask them how could this be possible covered up they go down the anti-semetic bigot autism rabbit hole about how the jews photoshopped all the evidence and how auschwitz wasn't a death camp that had a inmate brothel and orchestra/theator, and muh typhus, and if you accept hitler you'll understand all this.

>the best part is holocaust deniers won't even deny this, this is how you can separate the trolls just repeating what they see from youtube for replies, and the real ones, because they take it as part of their especially autistic anti-semitic views.

>we have a badass meme
pic related

Dumb as rocks. There is no gravity. The universe is electromagnetism.

What is gravity? We don't know. - Neil DeGrasseButtstorm

youtube.com/watch?v=vPBkgBEAOc8

>oh what's that
>we don't know what gravity is?
>guess in doesn't exist