Mormonism General

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ did show themselves to Joseph Smith! Because of Brother Joseph's courage we have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ on the Earth today! Visit www.LDS.org for more details on how to have true happiness!
Love, Your Friendly Internet Missionary

Other urls found in this thread:

utlm.org/onlineresources/racialstatements.htm
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Mormons/mormon_exposed.htm
jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Mormons/mormon.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mormonism is Scientology-tier garbage.

This post is the reason I've taken up being a missionary now! There's lots of disinformation about our church that we can clear up super easy! What issues do you have with the church or its teachings?

Good community, but starting to crack under the onslaught of degeracy like the rest of the West.
Bring back the Dannites and you might be able to survive until 2100.

Go away.

When will you purge SLC and Park City.
They are vile.

I like the talking salamander and the magical seeing hat.

Exactly! This is why we need new, committed members to help revitalize the church's message! Satan is very real and has been working hard in Utah to tear the church apart! But they must fail! For God hath promised our church shall not perish!

Mormonism is batshit but I will admit that I've never met a Mormon who I've particularly disliked, anecdotal to be sure but in my personal experience they seem to largely be genuinely good people.

Salt Lake City is under attack by Satan! But it is God's will that the Church shall never perish in this last dispensation

Maybe we can help clear up some of your misconceptions? :)

Are Mormon street gangs still a problem in salt lake City?

These niggas need to learn about J Reuben Clark Jr.
He is pretty much the living embodiment of Sup Forums

I think you've let anti-Mormon material cloud your vision. Perhaps you should visit www.lds.org to better understand what really happened in our history.

Park West was Best Park

Why don't you tell us more detail how exactly Salt Lake City is under attack by Satan?

>being Mormon
>posting on Sup Forums
Better hope your bishop doesn't find out. And before you claim some "preaching to the masses" shit, missionaries aren't even allowed on the Vegas strip.

Sure! Lots of feminist and LGBT movements have taken root in Utah. Satan is no doubt leading these movements against the Church to halt its progress and growth, and cloud the hearts of men from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Catholic here.

Go fuck yourselves heretics.

The Las Vegas Strip is an area ripe with crime, drunkenness, and immorality. The Spirit of God will not be present should we teach there.
Furthermore, I prayed fervently to know where I should help and I was guided to Sup Forums. Though some of the posters on here can be rather villainous, there's still potential for many in here!

Lidten up, I am putting this politely, but I dislike mormonism. Why? All of you are anti social, you force others into your belief systems, and are so pushy about it. I hate you all and your smug sense of elitism. You preach in poor countries and further drive them to ruin. You are a cult that deserves to be desolved.

Since the spirit directed you here, you should have no problem running this plan past your bishop. Go ahead.

>elephants and horses
>moon people
>Joseph smith sexual abuse disguised as polygamy
>temple ceremony just a copy of free mason ceremony
>angel Moroni story changed every time it was told
>"no seer stones" evolved to "lol ok he used seer stones"

What form has the LGBT movement in Utah, and how is it halting the growth of your church?

I encourage you and fellow catholic posters to reflect on the third chapter of Matthew, where Jesus was baptized. After Jesus was baptized, the lord sent the Holy Spirit as a dove and said from the Heavens "behold, this is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased"
If Catholic doctrine is to be believed, they're all 3 the same. So why would Jesus talk to Himself?

Part two.
Your prophet was a cheat and a liar. He abused so many people, and made his own religion for his own prophet. Not to mention the abuse that former mormons have to endure, and you are also treasonous. You are simply cult prancing ariund as a peaceful religion. Your artifacts are total bullshit, yes, he mysterously found them.

It clouds the judgement of men. Homosexuality is a sin, but the (((LGBT))) movement is taking the good hearts of people and twisting them against the Lord, out of a sense of "compassion".

I understand the challenges with Mormonism's past. But you must understand, the past was done by MEN. And if we know anything, is that men are corruptible and imperfect. What's important is the Gospel, and not the men that twisted it

Specifically, though, what is this causing people there to do?

Mormons are shit-tier Christianity.
Fuck off, Heretics.

God did not create man, man created god. I am sorry but Mormonism is easily disprovable, and it is a joke. I will not join, sorry.

How do you feel about the loathesome blacks that get mentioned throughout the Book of Mormon? Was Joseph smith /our guy/? Also, is there any mention of the Jews?

Seriously all mormans should be shot on site. Anybody who wants to be the Islam of America needs to die. Goes for the cia morman niggers too. Cocksuckers only did good by helping the way of the future guy. Twa for life bitch

I have an honest question for you. Tithing. Why does tithing (10%) determine your status in the church?

It would seem such a strong conviction of your faith, worship, and participation, should not be so hamstrung by the strict rules of tithing, as 10% tithing is required, mandatory, and not a suggestion. In other words, faith and belief has a monetary price in the LDS Church. Would it not be better served for people to tithe of their own free will? It has been shown when you let people give charity of their own accord, and not set an amount, people give more. It would show people who are looking at your church from the outside in, that it is not just a money making racket and actually believe and portray what they preach.

Don't get me wrong, I feel Mormon families are great people and better members of a community, but the upper political echelons of the LDS Church cast a dark shadow on all it's lay people. It negates the positive aspects of your faith and values. Just a view from an outsider.

>Grew up Mormon
>Lived in UT all my life
>Live near SLC
>Don't practice it anymore

Regardless Utah is still one of the best states and you can't beat SLC or Park City. People are ignorant and immediately assume that Mormons are bad because [insert irrelevant argument here]. I'd rather live around Mormons than any other religion and they're conservative as fuck.

Fun fact - before writing the Book of Mormon, Joseph smith made a living by scamming people by telling them he could find buried treasure with the help of magical stones.

why was joseph smith such a qt

I encourage you to look in the mirror and see how your dressed exactly like everybody else bud. See that means your in a cult. Catholics have 1.2 billion people in our Jesus drink blood and eat his body cult. How many do you have cocksucker? That's what I thought. Freemasonry is a Jewish joke and so is your religion. Atleast my religion killed Jews and the Vatican supported jew killing u filthy fuxking Jewish recorder.

Mormon reporting in from the People's republic of New Jersey. OP, you need to know that many people on Sup Forums share misbeliefs of the LDS church. So just by making this thread, you are inviting the ignorant people. Of course there are Shitposters but there are also other Christians who attack and sperg out against Mormons. The Jews want us Christians to fight each other, we should not have infighting. Before anyone ITT says Mormons practice polygamy, we don't. The LDS church stopped practicing polygamy in 1890, if you practice polygamy now, you will get excommunicated. The only ones who practice polygamy is the FLDS church and their leader got arrested for child abuse.

Of course every denomination will have disagreements, but I will reiterate, the Jews want us to fight each other.

I'm impressed by the magic underwear.

Mormons are good people. And as much of a scam artist Joseph smith was, he was, dare I say it, /ourguy/
> racist verses in the Book of Mormon
utlm.org/onlineresources/racialstatements.htm

I believe they would say that paying the tithe is an act of faith. They would then further justify it by pointing out that the church has the largest non-government welfare program and a large charity where some portion of the tithe goes. They see it as a way to advance "Gods" plan all while helping others.

My two cents.

Tithing helps fund the construction of churches and temples and other church services. There is no one that checks up on you to make sure you tithed, you are on your own.

>Mormon street gangs
>ever being a legitimate threat to anyone
I see someone watches gangland

I've saw that documentary on that Mormon member who sells drugs. He's not a real Mormon.

*seen

Large chunks of SLC are gay neighborhoods. The pride parade is massive, the homeless rule the streets and the mayor is a lesbian who undermines the police. The West side of town is filling up with refugees, and my dentist office now has trilingual signs: English, Spanish, Arabic.

I suspect it's to make sure everyone gives something and so that no rich man can feel his 4 million is better than the $50 of the widow. There are quite a few benefits to paying the full tithe though, they do an excellent job to taking care of their own, fantastic welfare system and community support. They also have what they call fast offerings which is where the rich men do their brag-giving.

Book of Abraham. Joseph Smith "translated" it and said it was new scripture. It was officially adopted by the church. This was before Egyptian could actually be academically translated. Once the Rosetta Stone was discovered, we figured out the document was just a funeral list, not a story about Abraham.

>the mayor is a lesbian
wat

How did you guys manage that? I haven't been there for several years but it seemed like a pretty straight-shooting kind of a place.

Mormonism is just another path to hell. It teaches the same salvation plan as Catholicism and (most) Protestants. The Bible says people are saved by grace through faith, NOT by works. Catholicism teaches salvation by faith and WORKS. Mormonism says "By grace ye are saved after all YE can DO".

Free grace is the way to go. None of the false "Turn from your sin to be saved" heresy perpetuated by Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovahs Witnesses, SDAs, Black Hebrews, British Israelites, Arminians, Calvinists, Hebrew roots, and many others.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Once saved always saved. It's a free gift. Take it or leave it.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the whole book of Mormon was Joseph smith's shitty jesus fan fiction.
At least you guys use it to promote traditional values, and with the increasing degeneracy of catholics you are quickly becoming the only game in town.
(Martin Luther should have been crucified upside down for his heresy)

Yes LDS is one of the few remaining uncucked churches, we don't adapt well to social change. The LDS church strongly emphasizes on family values, marriage, starting a family and having many kids. We also encourage members to dress modest and not dress like a whore. The LDS church was actually against legalizing same sex marriage in California. We had ad campaign against homos in California.

That's not entirely true. When I asked a local Bishop about what happens if you don't tithe or give a full 10%, he said he offers to go over your finances to create a budget to help you obtain the correct amount, as you are not allowed to enter the greater temples (SLC, Las Vegas, La Jolla, ect) if you have not tithed 10%.
I live in an area (not Utah) that has a high population of LDS members and was able to speak with the Bishop at a community function.

SLC isn't majority Mormon anymore, it's fallen to degeneracy. This is usually what happens to big cities. This is why you should avoid any big city. It's all the califags who keep moving to SLC because they couldn't afford living in California, yet they vote for the same policies that made California expensive.

Book of Mormon
...for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. 2 Nephi 25:23

New Testament:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

>gift of God
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Romans 11:29 KJV (God doesn't change his mind (Repent) about the gift of salvation. Osas)

Mormonism is one of the few christian churches that stand against degeneracy, for that I like them.

Sending people to hell through false gospel is the highest form of degeneracy

See

Californians fleeing the mess they made move into the city, drive up the home prices by paying cash (most homes in SLC proper sell in 3 days at 20% more than asking) and proceed to drive the middle class out of the city while relaxing in third Bernie bumbered Priuses and calling the cops on any Mexican construction workers who get to the job site too early.

It needs to burn.

And that's why you are going to get slaughtered by the muslims. You have no incentive to act.

Why does the Book of Mormon talk about bees? Bees were in the americas until Europeans showed up.

Nah. Mormons are doing much better than most people. Preach to not smoke, not drink, stay pure, modest, respect authority. Good people.

Mormonism is an antichrist religion created by freemasonry - JEWS. It's not Christian vs Christian if it is gospel vs false gospel.

Holding to morals won't get you to heaven.

That's terrible. It's not nice to call Californians locusts, but they do seem to be some kind of a plague a lot of times.

I actually do think so. I don't believe in the whole "just believe in Jesus" and continue in degeneracy meme.

I wish I didn't have a conscious and became Mormon just so I could marry a hot Mormon girl. Too bad I think it's a false Gospel

There are many Christians who believe in Jesus Christ, but they still engage in degeneracy. That is not good

jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Mormons/mormon_exposed.htm

jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Mormons/mormon.htm

Have fun in your Jewish fables

You are free to believe in what you believe. All Christians should unite against (((them)))

I agree!

>flag

Checks out

I don't believe in continuing in degeneracy either. That's a strawma

Strawman*

The Trinitarian God is way cooler. The only one in existence. Actually came down and died for us, instead of wussing out and sending someone else to do it, also kept his church together for the past 2000 years. Mormon God, not so cool.

Maybe not you specifically, but most Christian churches do. They always remind you that you aren't sinless and cant be godly. This creates an atmosphere of people not even trying. We tend to neglect all the verses that speak of righteous individuals. You can live a godly life but you have to try.

Honestly I like Mormonism a lot but I think they should use a professional ministry instead of volunteers and personally nothing in the Book of Mormon matches reality but if I try to take the "it's all metaphors" approach then the entire Joseph Smith story doesn't make sense. As far as I can see the only way to be a happy Mormon is to just enjoy the societal and cultural benefits and try to ignore the holes in the actual stories.

No one is sinless. Everyone is a degenerate. You just don't believe Jesus is powerful enough to completely forgive degenerate sinners. Most churches believe in the whole hard-beleievism thing. Many believe you owe something to God to get eternal life. And the scriptures say MANY corrupt the word of God.

You mean the anarchy flag. Anarcho-Christian. Anarchy comes from Greek, and it means no rulers, NOT without rule. Anarcho-Christian=no rulers but Christ

>As far as I can see the only way to be a happy Mormon is to just enjoy the societal and cultural benefits and try to ignore the holes in the actual stories.

That's the key to enjoying any religion. They are all imperfect creations meant to increase social cohesiveness, extend the tribe, and help the dimmer folks know to right from wrong.

Matthew 7
>24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and DOETH them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

>25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

>26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and DOETH THEM NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

>27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

>obedience to Jesus is working your way to heaven
LOL

Reminds me of China dropping Confucius' teachings for hard atheistic materialistic communism. Now the government has realized how degenerate it is and are trying to promote their roots and Confucius' teachings for a moral society.

Except for the part where Jesus wants obedience to everything he said, like not serving / working for money

Jesus is the rock. Did you DO his teaching about believing in him for everlasting life?

But they have not all (obeyed) the gospel. >>>FOR

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:11 KJV

>Which are by Jesus Christ.

You can't have any good fruit unless you first believe in the Rock.

Fruit is not the root.

That's your lord and saviour Paul speaking, not the Word of God. Try doing something Jesus taught, like not calling any man father, even your own blood father, or selling all (read: ALL) you have, giving to the poor, and sharing all things with your Christian brethren.

>it's another Mormon doesn't understand the trinity episode
God regularly talked to himself in the old testament too, bud.

Your Church owns the Mega-Mall by the Federal Reserve Building by the State Capital Building down the street from Zions Bank. Whole thread is JIDF. Mormons are trained to love being jew slaves.

Haha I don't call anyone my father, as Jesus in context was talking about religious authority. I've got a biological and spiritual father. That's catholicism with the whole father thing.

And clearly you don't understand why he said that. In the account of the rich young ruler, he had just got done talking about salvation by faith alone. And then the rich young ruler asked what he needed to do to enter heaven. He needed to be perfect. And he thought he was. By that statement of telling him to give up all he had, he was proving that no one is perfect enough to enter heaven on their own terms. That is why Jesus died in the place for sinners. He was God taking the punishment for every degenerate thing we've done.

amen brother

Also I forgot to mention the whole sharing all that you had thing was from the book of Acts, you know, where paul comes in.

ITT

>Christians need to stand against the Jews

>Nevermind that Mormonism was created by the Jewish system of freemasonry

>We need to stand against the Jews

So the "whosoever" in Luke 14:33 doesn't mean whosoever? It only means one person? Jesus lied? I think not. Anyone who claims to be a Christian and hasn't forsaken all he has to follow Christ is not a Christian. It says disciple in there but in Acts it tells us the disciples were called CHRISTIANS first in Antioch.
Just admit it, you aren't a Christian.

dumbdumbdumbdumb

yeah christians should stand against Jews, but Mormons aren't Christian since they aren't trinatarian, they believe in multiple Gods and have a prophet after Jesus.
sorta like Islam

According to Mormonism, Jesus is a created being, the first spirit to be born of the Father (Mormon Doctrine, p.129) and a celestial mother (Mormon Doctrine, p.516). Therefore, Jesus could not be the eternal God or part of an eternal Trinity. Mormons also teach that both the Father and the Son are men with bodies of flesh and bone (Doctrine & Covenants 132:20; Articles of Faith, p 38); as two separate people, the Father and the Son cannot be considered “one.”

Mormons also teach that Jesus is just one of many sons of God. Jesus is referred to specifically as “a son of God” in the Book of Mormon (Alma 36:17). Lucifer, or the devil, is another son of God in Mormon theology (Mormon Doctrine, p.163). Further, Mormonism teaches that the number of gods is increasing. Any man on Earth can one day become the god of another planet and populate it with children born to him from his eternal wife (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 345-354). Any one of those children can later become a god in his own right (Doctrine & Covenants 132:20). Thus, there is not just One God, triune or not; there are many, many gods (Book of Abraham 4:3).

Mormonism’s founder, Joseph Smith, clearly rejected the Trinity. He wrote, “Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God. . . . All are crammed into one God according to sectarianism [the Christian faith]. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster” (Teachings, p. 372). Other Mormon writers such as James Talmage have confirmed Mormon denial of the Trinity (Articles of Faith, p.35).

It is a mysterious doctrine, but the Bible does teach that there is One God eternally existing in three Persons (Matthew 28:19). Because Mormonism holds a distinctly unbiblical view of God, the Mormon Church should be considered a religion distinct from Christianity rather than a part of it.

Or you can admit that you aren't wise into salvation and don't know the difference between discipleship and salvation.

But by your logic and eisegesis you can't be a Christian (if you're implications mean you think you're one) considering you are posting on Sup Forums on whatever device you've got.

The Bible warns of Mormonism. Mormons don't read the Bible or else they'd realize just how theologically and spiritually asinine and heretical their religion is.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is clear: believe on Him as Lord and Savior, repent, be baptized, follow Him all the days of your life as a disciple of Christ, worshiping and serving Him in brotherhood, love, charity, faithfulness, and truth. Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbor as yourself.

The Mormon "gospel"? Believe that a man with a record of swindling and lying as a young man was personally chosen by a god who changes and was once a man and is one of billions and billions of gods, to restore Christ's Church after a 1,400 year, 100% total apostasy on the Earth (looks like Christ lied, didn't He say the gates of hell would not prevail against His Church?), and that this god delivered a book of scripture that has been changed thousands of times, has things in it that are historically proven to have not existed in the Americas, cannot be backed with ONE shred of evidence, teaches the horrifying concept that your god's "grace" is not given freely and blessed on mankind in his mercy and love. Oh no, you must EARN that grace and THEN you get it (2nd Nephi 25:23, "for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, AFTER ALL WE CAN DO.") And then this same man lies about translating Egyptian papyri (nope, not a text written by Abraham), lied about his polygamy under oath, has numerous failed prophecy (Deuteronomy's test prophets: one failed prophecy and they are not a prophet of God. ONE.). Mormon culture is horrifying. Your family is used as leverage against you should you have doubts or leave the church )"sealed families" and all that). It's a false gospel of laws, human works, and social hive-mindedness. Come home to Jesus friend, please.

amen

Mormonism is a sick cult which ignores the Bible.

But how do magnets work???