Was the Fourth Crusade greatest crime against humanity ever committed?

Was the Fourth Crusade greatest crime against humanity ever committed?

>The Latin soldiery subjected the greatest city in Europe to an indescribable sack. For three days they murdered, raped, looted and destroyed on a scale which even the ancient Vandals and Goths would have found unbelievable. Constantinople had become a veritable museum of ancient and Byzantine art, an emporium of such incredible wealth that the Latins were astounded at the riches they found. Though the Venetians had an appreciation for the art which they discovered (they were themselves semi-Byzantines) and saved much of it, the French and others destroyed indiscriminately, halting to refresh themselves with wine, violation of nuns, and murder of Orthodox clerics. The Crusaders vented their hatred for the Greeks most spectacularly in the desecration of the greatest Church in Christendom. They smashed the silver iconostasis, the icons and the holy books of Hagia Sophia, and seated upon the patriarchal throne a whore who sang coarse songs as they drank wine from the Church's holy vessels. The estrangement of East and West, which had proceeded over the centuries, culminated in the horrible massacre that accompanied the conquest of Constantinople. The Greeks were convinced that even the Turks, had they taken the city, would not have been as cruel as the Latin Christians. The defeat of Byzantium, already in a state of decline, accelerated political degeneration so that the Byzantines eventually became an easy prey to the Turks. The Fourth Crusade and the crusading movement generally thus resulted, ultimately, in the victory of Islam, a result which was of course the exact opposite of its original intention

Even Turks were much more civilized

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Company
catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-real-story-of-the-fourth-crusade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The first new crusade should take Constantinopole back,

bump

Exactly

After the third, it wasn't about beating the muslims back.

bump real quick as I write my reply before mods delet

Those Crusaders melted the bronze statues of Heracles, Bellerophon and Pegasus, Hera, Apollonios of Tyana eagle (that protected the city of Byzantio aka Constantinople) and others during the Sack of Constantinople (1204).
Those roughneck prostitute Crusader scums were Latins, Francs, Flemish, Venetians.

>Even Turks were much more civilized
You mean Seljuk and Ottomans. Ironically because they adopted Persian, M. Eastern (Islamic) and, later, Greek customs.
For example the Petchenegs (Turkic people) who invaded from North (modern Ukraine to modern Romania and modern Bulgaria) during the 10-12 centuries were completely savages.

Fourth Crusade was literally worst than the Ottoman conquest of Balkans or any other European 'dark age'. My opinion is probably a bit biased (also a bit un-detailed since I haven't taken the time to read extensively about Byzantine history) since I'm an entry-level byzaboo myself but it's definitely the worst thing to ever happen to Europe EVER and anybody who's read about it would probably know. Let me put it simply:

The Byzantine empire protected Europe from Persian, Arab, North African, shitskin, and other mudshit invasion for over a millennium CONTINUOUSLY. Basically these Greeks, Illyirans, Balkanites, and other Anatolians were never NOT fighting a war/battle for 1000 years straight, and for all these 1000 years they were either winning and gaining land or suffering losses in non-European regions - Egypt, Israel, Persia - which obviously wouldn't affect Europe. This is important, because it's basically the only reason such a concept as 'white' and 'Europe' even exists in 2017.

The 4th crusade left Constantinople and the ERE politically in RUINS. The one thing protecting Europe at the time of complete and utter chaos was half destroyed by OTHER EUROPEANS and FOR NO FUCKING REASON...

There's a difference between Muslims coming into Anatolia in an effort to conquer and saying 'die whitey christcuck, convert or die' and Venetian/Crusader EUROPEANS coming into EUROPEAN Anatolia and plummeting the bastion of medieval Europe for no fucking reason.

This happened in 1204 (I think) and basically left Europe open to Mongolian and Muslim hordes for centuries.

Nobody in Europe gave 2 shits to help the ERE afterwards, even when they warned of the Seljuks. So much for a united 'Europe'.

Constantinople was the single most important thing to Greece and all of Europe at the time. Now Imagine Ottoman seige of Constantinople except the Ottomans are white Christians and they don't even seige it they just destroy it.

That's the 4th crusade.

Are you a diaspora or an ethnic Finn?

Believe it or not constantinople would never fall to roaches if 4th crusade didnt happen, you cant imagine how wealthy the city was, after the reconquest byzantines received a scorched earth.

I read that many of those thieves coundt believe their eyes when they saw The wealth and greatness of that City.

The whole"remove kebab crusade when" meme goes into quite an awkward Light when it is revealed that kebab wouldnt have spread to Europe without those catholic barbarians. Even Turks were much better.

My mothers father left Istanbul after The purges in 1950s. My father is a real Mongol.

cool thread shitcucking for turks, you really are mongols in finland aren't you?

Ever heard of the holocaust?

I blame hitler for this

>for all these 1000 years they were either winning and gaining land or suffering losses in non-European regions

how fucking wrong can you be

>greatest crime against humanity ever committed?

That would be 9/11 hands down

I dont know after i read that. Maybe its better to leave that city alone. The last romans died 500 years ago.

and put the Catholics in charge

How is Sweden these days?

You mean holohoax? Even if it killed the (((6 million))) it's a joke compared to the crap communists have done since early 20th century.
If only as a psyop against your own people to promote further intervention in the middle east.
Even then communism is a far bigger crime against humanity.

I blame the Venetians for everything

Didn't sack Byzantium nearly hard enough

it's all about debt, doofus.

Crusaders were supposed to push the Muslims shit in by invading Egypt (((venetians))) now demand money and they suggest they raid Christian towns for them...

Shit goes out of hand and they go for the big fish, (((venetians))) sponsor and encourage this

Christianity loses its crown jewl to (((Venetian merchants))) and later Islam takes over

Remind you of anything?

I worded that wrong, what I meant to say was that the losses they were suffering weren't overall important to Europe or the Balkans and the wins were mostly in defense (keeping land).

Also I ignore the slavic invasions and Balkan skirmishes because they weren't threatening Europe but Bulgarian Empire still was quite the dick in the ass.

You're a liar, where's your mother from?

Latin massacre. The crusades did not cause it's downfall to the Ottoman which was hundreds and hundreds of years later.It fell to the ottomans because tehy had superior ballistics, (really big canons) and their walls couldn't hold it. Also they owned lots of money to Venice, and they owed policical agreements, they owed a lot of debts to the west and they wouldnt pay up, if venice wasnnt paid back then Venice and the Roman Catholic church woul dhave fallen into steep debts, all because some Greeks didn't feel like honoring contracts.

Sack of Constantinople was a revenge mostly by Venice because of the bad treatment of Catholic merchants that culminated in a massacre.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins

Byzantines were themselves quite arrogant themselves and did the same thing to Catalan Company in 14th century and suffered the same consequences.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_Company

>pointing out that the 4th crusade happened is cucking for turks
swedish cognitive dissonance in full tilt, boys

This, also the pagan Romans hated the pagan Greeks for their treachery. When the Romans would make political alliences with Alexander's Kingdoms like the Ptolemies in Egypt, Seleucids, or Atalids, ect ect They never would remain loyal, Greece would switch sides and double cross each other and the Romans constantly, it's how the Peloponesian war started and it justified the Romans conquering Greece. The best student of Socrates, Alcibiades was famous for his treachery against Athens to Persia, Socrates was actually hanged for treason to (something they don't tell you in many history classes but it is ackowledged) Greeks are not a loyal people, they even murdered Philip the Great for Persia, Demosthenes was hired by Persians to shill for them in Athens. Greeks were always fighting against themselves for Persia, they hate themslevs

I mean Socrates was poisoned

sort of funny, in that light, that no eastern power ever established european footholds until after the 4th crusade weakened the ERE enough for the ottomans to roll up. thousands of years of greeks backstabbing each other doesn't seem to harm europe, but those fucking catholics won't stop.

They had it coming since the Byzantine Emperor allied with Saladin and attacked Barbarossa's Crusader army, an army which he paid for the rights of safe passage through Byzantine lands, during the Third Crusade.

Never forgive, never forget

so just destroy whole europe?

Again that happened hundreds of years later. The ottomans won because they had the canons to knock down the walls of Constantinople the only reason why they fought off the Ottomons for years to begin with was because of those walls.

>thousands of years of backstabbing doesn't harm europe
Except it was this backstabbing that divided the church in the middle of a war with Islam, murdered untold amounts of innocent white Roman men for schisimatic differences, and caused treachery from withing and infighting right up until the Ottomans walked into the Hagia Sophia.

Ill note though that the one group of "greeks" that the Romans truly loved were the Spartans. They had it good with the Romans, although they are not true "greeks" they call themelsves hebrews and are called "brothers" by the Jews in judea in 1 Macabees

>Jewish bankers send gullible white christcucks in a war they don't understand driven by greed and propaganda

Funny how it happened again and set in motion the implosion of murrica

constantinople never substantially recovered from the 4th crusade. at the time of the ottoman conquest the city was largely unoccupied. that's how badly they were fucked over.

>catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-real-story-of-the-fourth-crusade

Lies. You had hundreds of years to recover from a bunch of jews taking back their shekels.m which were theirs to begin with by written contract, Either way you were sunk because you made that deal to begin with.

If you cannot recover after hundreds of years from your shekels being taken by a Merchant city then you're a bunch of cucks. It's pathetic that you couldn't even recover. Roma has recovered under faaar worse and you know it

Catholics killed other Christians.
They are the great betrayers who killed their own and ignored the heathen muslim hordes.
The catholics killed Christendom.

Daily reminder Venice was a hub for jews

Daily reminder ((Venetian Merchants)) sold maps to the mongols and told them to invade europe

Daily reminder christcucks try to whitewash all the damage their religion did to europe, and pretend the whole christianity thing wasant a jewish psyops used by displaced judeans to infiltrate and wreck the roman empire that destroyed their temple to Yaweh

>destroy Constantinople for no reason
>Byzantines start small battles afterwards damaging some """Venetian""" property
>"B-B-But they owed us money"

Give me one good reason for Venetians and Crusaders to plummet Constantinople and ruin the empire with their incompetence.

>Greece would switch sides and double cross each other and the Romans constantly
Nice, Alexander's family and friends were literally trying to assassinate each other and inherit the empire during those wars, it's irrelevant to the 4th crusade on top of that.
>Socrates was actually hanged for treason to (something they don't tell you in many history classes but it is ackowledged)
He was executed for basically being atheist. Irrelevant, next.
>they even murdered Philip the Great for Persia, Demosthenes was hired by Persians to shill for them in Athens. Greeks were always fighting against themselves for Persia, they hate themslevs
Haha nice. Panonians and Thracians were also fighting him at the time, 'Greece' didn't exist at the time anyways it was all separated in city states. Irrelevant again.

Give me just one good reason for Venetians and Crusaders to plummet Constantinople. I hardly consider Venetians Italian anyway.

Daily reminder catholics were more concerned about genociding whites in the middle of nowhere in the baltics for not following rabbi jesus than they were about fighting back the muslim hordes invading spain. Christcuckery is a cancer and i'am glad its finaly gona lose its grip over white men forever. Hopefuly we will survive, recover, and never have to deal with this vile filthy jewish psyops religion ever again

lol @ this triggered boy who can't comprehend the fact that nigger-beahving Venetians have always been a bunch of sneaky traitors. Probably doesn't even remember that the WRE died mainly because of corruption.

Somehow the trial of Socrates ties in to this though guys don't worry, this guy will explain everything.

Fuck off kike.
Paganism is dead is Christianity is the truth.
Saying Jesus was a kike is just marking yourself as a retard.

I already gave many in this thread, Im not going to repeat myself.

Jerusalem and babylon are both examples of cities getting far faaaaar mroe BTFOd by their enemies, Babylon and Assyria respectively. You think the Venetians were hard on you. GIVE ME A BREAK.. There's a reason "dash their babies' heads against the rocks" is a psalm in the bible , do you even know how quickly the jews recovered? Babylon was impressive enough but the jews built back their city in less than a hundred years. babylon conquered the world

Socrates was not just executed for being an atheist, he was ALSO tried for treason against the state LIKE HIS STUDENTS.

>Greece is not a real coutnry back then
Im talking about Ethnic groups, they called themselves Hellenians (Greeks). Philip was the one chance they had outside of his son to fight back at Persia, what do they do instead? They kill Philip, and then try to shill for persia FOR MONEY

Alexander is accused but most even the Persians claimed that they killed Alexander's father not Alexander. His mother was a faar more likely candidate

The 4th Crusade left the ERE in shambles. Even after they eventually regained Constantinople from the Latins, the city and the empire were depopulated and unable to stand up to the Ottomans. Superior siege artillery or not, the Turks were already operating in Europe in the 14th century and Constantinople's fall in the 15th was inevitable.

I already discussed this next question.

christianity is judaism for good goym, pic very much related

Yes

No

Yes they did fall to the Germans for corruption, but Rome was known for generally following through on deals. This is why the Jews liked and would do business with the Romans even after long after their sacking of jerusalem, because they were reliable contractually. Greeks have the tendancy for just breaking promises. Philip himself called treaties like playing games, he broke every treaty he made, and the Greeks did the same for years between city states. Theres a reason most Greeks HATED Pericles

Let me clarify Greeks helped out the Persians kill Philip the Great. This is because Philip had conquered greece and they wanted their political freedom. Funny and sad how Philp was killed by his closest friends

The Turks would never have besieged those walls if it was not for gunpowder. They couldn't for hundreds of years after the 4th Crusade not until they got their hands on gunpowder.

The walls crumbled and so did their defense the relied upon.

If you don't take my word for it take the word of Diogenes. He held a lamp out at day time because he said that the spiritual and moral evil in Athens was so EVIL that it made the daylight like the night and no man could see through it.

Or Augustus who hated the Greeks, refused to speak their language on all occassiosn and dealth with them harshly.

Or Julius Caesar who also hated them. When he rebuilt Corinth did he fill it with Greeks? No
Corinth in Paul's day, was filled with Roman and Jewish immigrants, it was a Roman jewish city and Julius wanted it that way because he hated Greeks. During the civil war with pompey, did they help out Caesar? No they helped Pompey the "great" starve Caesar and his army TODEATH. note that also he was in Thessaly, one of the most fertile regions in Greece, best place to get food, the Greeks were not short on food.

Or when Caesar went to Alexandria, there Cleopatra's Eunuchs gave Caesar and his troops old rotting grain to eat and nothing else for a long time, in the middle of the growing season in the most fertile country in the world at the time. In Egypt, and when they decided to betray Caesar AS WELL for money, they set THEIR OWN LIBRARY ON FIRE, in hopes that Cesar would try to put it out, buyuing the escape of the Liberators (pro roman republic), but Caesar also hated that library, being atteneded by Greeks so he easily forgot about it.
Note: Chrisians did not burn down the Library of Alexandria that's a legend, it was Julius Caesar (by permitting it) and Cleopatra's political friends in Greek Egypt

to sum it up; GREEKS ARE TREACHEROUS ASSHOLES

Julius Caesar had a "replacement Program" for the Greeks, he planned on flooding their main cities with Romans and Jews. The plan was to EU them, but with whites.

He never succeeded. God rest his soul

>catholic.com
>HURR THE CHURH DINDU NUFFIN
>IT WAS BYZANTINES WHO DIDN'T PAY THEIR DEBTS SO DESERVED TO GET SACKED AND RAPED

really non-biased narrative there

>plummet
>Give me one good reason why people who are owed a large sum of money and aren't getting repaid should go look for repayment
>hurrr