Can a Brit give me a quick rundown of how the U.S. Revolution was viewed in England at the time...

Can a Brit give me a quick rundown of how the U.S. Revolution was viewed in England at the time, as well as how it is remembered/ taught in schools?

>FARMERS WITH PITCHFORKS

Ahh the American War for Independence, We learn that it was the only war you were never late for.

>how the U.S. Revolution was viewed in England at the time
wtf I'm not that old

a bunch of traitorous third rate nobility borrowed money from england's enemies to finance a revolt so they could steal the land and slaves of their betters.

It takes a while to cross the ocean to fight in wars that pose no threat to you.

The leftist Whigs in Britain quietly supported it, which is a big reason why the leftists Whigs in the colonies won.

I know most Americans, even those who consider themselves right-wing, aren't ready to here this yet- but the revolution was a fucking disaster; it was a victory of egalitarian liberals over tradition, blood, and country based on the premise that everyone was equal. Some decent people latched on to it after they saw which way the pieces were going to fall, but the initial leaders and agitators who led the rebellion were the worst kind of leftists.

The Constitution isn't all bad though, it came many years after the revolution and was essentially a mini right-wing coup.

It took over 2 years to get their asses out of bed for world war 1 and 2. What were they doing - Swimming the Atlantic?!

Nobody here cares about it
I wasnt taught about it in school
In fact I was taught about how evil the British Empire was, also slavery

We had no business fighting either war and WW2 was a disaster for Britain, and white peoples in general. Britain lost its entire empire and now its losing its entire history. I'm proud we had people like Lindbergh who helped keep public opinion against intervention in WW2- even with he machinations of the jews and leftists we may have avoided direct military intervention altogether if not for the Japanese attacking.

WW1 had nothing to do with us. We sent you supplies because you were our allies but why should we send men to die in a pointless war halfway across the world? We didn't get involved until Germany provoked us.

In WW2, the same thing happened. We sent you supplies because you're our allies, but we didn't go to war with Germany or Japan until they declared war on us first.

Do they even mention the civil war in Bongistan?

>No business fighting either war
That hasn't stopped you since.

This country hasn't been involved in a war that served American interests since 1898

Wilson and FDR put so much power in the federal government and tied us down with our global hegemony, to the point that we now are constantly at war with someone.

Someone's gotta destabilize Israel's enemies user

We don't learn about the revolution, but in my school we did quite a bit about FDR/Great Depression. That's as far as we go into America asides from WW1/WW2

Not in my syllabus. Studied the war of the Roses. A civil war of the nobility. Didn't study the English civil war aka cavaliers vs roundheads.

When you have 2000 years to cover you miss a lot out. Studied the American west, cowboys and manifest destiny though.

Didn't even study the Napoleonic wars.

I only learned about the great depression in English reading Of Mice and Men

>FDR/Great Depression
What did they teach you? Please don't tell me that they said FDR fixed the Great Depression...

To add. Also learnt about the American Indians. How they scalped, stole horses from each other, left old people to die and were pretty brutal. Also learnt how they were pretty screwed over by the buffalo being wiped out and general interactions with the settlers. Big Horn etc.

We learned about how the Great Depression affected America and other countries. FDR was mostly about the New Deal, Lend Lease, and America's involvement in the war. "The Big Three", Yalta, etc.

Any Empire stuff is muh ebil empire. Poor oppressed natives etc. Basically a syllabus of self hatred.

>how it's taught in school

it's not.

My "teachers" told us that WW2 fixed it but strongly implied that it was FDR's doing

In primary school you do the ancient greeks, henry vii, ww2, Victorians
In secondary you study ww2, Henry vii, medieval times, London in the industrial revolution
I think the american revolution can be studied as an option at A level but barely anybody takes history at that point so its not a part of mandatory education

Wilson was busy selling our freedoms to the (((Federal Reserve)))