Addiction

I quit weed when I joined the military but i replaced it with alcohol

its fucked me over worse almost out of the military (only got out being top of my class and sharp in appearance)

I resolved to stop but it only lasted for a few days and I bought a fifth alot less than I use to drink

How do I stop the alcoholic jew? should I inundate myself with game and circus seems the only solution

Other urls found in this thread:

americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/wet-brain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop drinking, go back to smoking weed

then smoke moar weed fgt

My sisters boyfriens is enlisted and he's an alcoholic too. He's only my age, 24, but you can tell it's kicking his ass. Alcohol is evil

This is what they what they want for us idk why

I have no choice this is what the military wants

Is it good or bad that I have that album and think it's ok?

It's not the image but the mess it evokes I am a prisoner, how do I escape?

I know this monster very well. Most people don't understand this, but there are two types of drinkers....

1. Drinks alcohol, even heavily or daily, but is not an alcoholic. Can easily be "not in the mood" or actually can "have just one or two" and go home. Almost never drinks alone. Can keep a bottle in the house for months without touching it. Doesn't understand how alcohol can be addictive. This is a true Social Drinker.

2. Virtually impossible to have just one or two drinks. Can not keep beer or alcohol in the house without going through it. Can easily drink alone. Complete personality change when drinking. Seeks out alcohol like crack. Almost always drinking towards drunkenness unless impeded, and often frustrated and angry if stopped. This is an Alcoholic.

In my experience, you are either born as a 1 or a 2. If you are a 1, you are often clueless about how badly 2 is addicted because you can't understand it. A true alcoholic seems like it's genetics. You will see alot in the family tree. They have to try really hard not to drink. Similarly, a social drinker won't find much alcoholism in their family, maybe a distant uncle or something.

Just my 2c from my very long, intimate and disastrous history with alcoholism. I am not an alcoholic, but I wish I had taken it more seriously and understood about the two types before it was too late.

this

also Psychedelics can help with addiction.

Alcohol is an evil, evil master.

I only know one person who got out of it. He locked himself away in detox for the weekend and went in to AA for about a year or two. Took about a year before he no longer had a problem being around other people drinking.

Get help at your ASAP. The military has your back.

Escapism
I was able to switch from alcohol to vidya while I sorted out my shit. You could look to find an alternative outlet or hobby to distract yourself in a time of need.
For me I was in a state of no purpose or no meaning which lead me to the bottle. Not sure if your situation is similar, but maybe something sitting in your subconcious needs exploring.
I'm coming up to my 4th year sober soon!

Jesus christ have some fucking personal responsibility

>Cure my drug addiction with more drugs

Why has EVERY single person I have ever heard say that become seriously addicted to drugs?

Fast for 48 hours drink as much as you want in this time. If you do drink during the 48 hours make yourself feel like a total loser. After 48 hours break your fast. You can have four eggs and a cup of coffee every day in the morning that is all. While on this diet begin tapering your alcohol consumption. If you're any sort of man eventually no matter how addicted to booze you were your desire to return to a normal diet will overcome your desire for alcohol. Keep the diet until you're 48 days sober. This method has saved many people's lives, it just requires you to full heartedly commit to improving your situation. If you can't do that you're hopeless.

>weed
>an actual addiction
pick uno

The military doesn't make you drink mang. Meditate

>people that are addicted to the drug I like are not drug addicts.

FUck man hit the nail on the coffin there think youre onto something, me being a 1 living in a house full of 2s this makes perfect sense.

You still have to suffer all the health effects of alcohol. You are just as bad.

Weed does not cause physical addiction, psychological addiction can be made to anything, even scratching your fucking leg. Physical addiction hampers your functioning, psychological addiction is something only pussies have.

Your body will begin to rely on it to produce Dopamine. If you cut yourself off you'll go through withdrawal

Facts

willpower. I was bad on horsie for a long time but finally moved on. after getting my shit together, life has improved tenfold...got an amazing 10/10 redpilled gf and things are going great.

an amazing life is waiting for you on the other end of your addiction. I believe you can get there. use your friends and family, whatever support network you got, and leave that addiction behind. good luck man.

Get thru the first 72 hours and the withdrawals are over. You'll be nauseous, vomit, shake, sweat basically feel like shit and anxious, maybe hear voices in sounds and worse case scenario hallucinate or have seizures. Have someone to watch you you trust to fight you through that bit. Then exercise your ass off, eat as much as you want as long as it's nutritious and not fast food, no caffeine, sleep. Every day thereon out is all about not drinking. Every. Day. Figure out who it is you are, lifelong process. That will show you your purpose. Know thyself, develop your spiritualiry, whatever for you that means. It will be worth it. I promise. I love you. You can do it. Don't be afraid. Just get on that horse and ride.

Fuck picked the wrong second one goddamnit

Go to Alcoholics Anonymous and do what they tell you. You will stop drinking.

AA works for me.

Hey user you don't understand, I didn't ruin my own life with alcohol but because I didn't understand true alcoholism I enabled over and over and over again. I even stood as an example to alcoholics that you can drink and party and keep your shit together and have a normal successful healthy life. I heard people tell me many times that they were going to stop drinking and I laughed at them and even offered them beer because I didn't understand.

congrats on your sobriety, user. it's always nice seeing other people able to get out of that ugly cycle.

Nope, your body is returning to homeostasis after you stop supplying it with cannabinoids that would otherwise be produced from your endocannabinoid system which slowly restarts up. Consequences are extremely minor irritability, insomnia and lack of apetite that lasts around week that are barely noticeable unless you have extremely dull life and are bothered by smallest changes in your psyche. Even breakup with a woman is worse for you.

I'm a 1, and yeah, I totally cant recall anyone in my family that has alcohol problems.
I smoke socially sometimes, ended up buying a pack for a friend (I owed em) and we split it 50/50. Started craving them a bit, but even now its not that bad of a craving, I just don't have much of a dispossession for it.

I fucking hate people like you. IT IS ADDICTIVE! You can get addicted to drinking energy drinks, of course you can get addicted to that shit too.

OP how much do you drink?

I'm slid in to about a handle every 2-3 days at the best. Talk to me.

I'm glad you have the chance to see it, once you see it, a lot of things will start to become very clear and start to make alot more sense.

you should expand your drug palate so you're not consuming the same substance every day. Your addiction is not necessarily to alcohol, but to a state of intoxication that can be reached even without drugs if you work hard enough.

Alcohol is physically addictive. It fucking sucks.

I was born predisposed to type 2 but my habits (as well as most people's who are brought up in a healthy environment) started as type 1 and eventually went full type 2. I think there is always a gradual but irreversible shift and the transition speed is dictated by environmental factors and mental health.

detox with a bottle of valiums then take some shrooms when it's over

I know it's physically addictive, trust me

I can tell you about other drugs as well.

But if you want to know what's going on, it's not unlike our suggestion that "if you work hard enough." You might not know it for yourself if you haven't been there or if you haven't known somebody who was there, but it's the psychological hopelessness that is cursing us to fall away.

I've got more than that around the corner and down the hall. I'm an LSD guy, although they say my shrooms were bretty good when I had them growing. You have a young mindset.

Fast from food except for one small meal two days per week. The will teach you not to give in to cravings in general.

I am 2

In social situations I act the cheerly temple type

but when allowed I will drink whatever available till literally the last drop

to help my self I buy very small amounts so to limit myself

alcoholrehab.com/drug-addiction-treatment/psychedelic-therapy-in-alcohol-rehab/

I've been from alcohol to intravenous heroin and back, spent the last 10 years of my life self sabotaging with booze. There is a treatment I've been getting called "targeted neurofeedback" and it's had great results so far. I no longer wake up fighting the urge to vomit while hacking up my lungs, so it's much easier to wait until the evening to have that first drink. It's no miracle cure, but it makes intoxicants feel more like a choice than a necessity again, and that has done wonders for my general well being.

>targeted neruofeedback
That's very nice of you to mention that

Wish I were back at vomiting late at night or in the morning. Fun times once I blew chunks all over the neighbor's sidewalk. But they're a bunch of faggots who put up anti-gun signs and don't clean up after their apple tree on the sidewalk so fuck 'em.

Don't do drugs. Don't give yourself free time to do them. Willpower user.

cult dependent sheeple benefit from AA. There is more dignity in anything that can happen to you outside of those meetings than within them. If sitting around with a bunch of old fucks chanting slogans and weeping over how badly you want a drink makes you feel better, I think you need a sense of purpose before you can deal with your addictions.

Take responsibility for your own sobriety, don't let it depend on a program that says you will die without it. That should be a red flag, by the way. Fostering a frightening emotional dependency right from the start .

I wasn't vomiting from the direct effects of the booze, it was the withdrawal that did it.

I know where you're at. That's after I thought I had it together after shaking in my bed upon waking back up.

Turns out if you don't eat drunkfood first thing in the morning but you do take your vit. C pill, you puke it right back out after leaving your door.

Keep yourself busy fag.
I quit drinking comletely when started drawing because i cant draw for shit when drunk.

Also smoke some weed with a goid movie, after that alcohol will feel like the dumbest, dullest and the least interesting way to waste your time and money.

I gotta force down 3 presciptions including adderall every morning, I hate puking up pills because I never know if it's all out and I should take another dose or not.

Get off the addies mate. That's going to burn you out way worse than booze.

t. been there done that

Also if you tell me your other two scrips I can run them by some people. Probably unlikely that we'll meet again, but it might be helpful for me to try to do what I can to give realistic advice to people similar to yourself.

I'd literally never get up before noon without them. I'll get off them when I'm old and bed ridden.

One is an SSRI and the other is Gabapentin which was supposed to help with alcohol cravings but didn't. I'm weening myself off the latter, so it won't be an issue for too long.

st. anger was actually not a bad album.

t. metallica fan that enjoys every album made, for their own reasons.

Go back to weed. Move to Colorado if you must.

Literally only Metallica album I own
>was a gift from boomer parents

You sound like a really worse version of one of my friend's roommates. That's really bad, man. The guy in question would just crash hard on the weekends to keep the game going.

If you can't get up before noon then you have a real problem and it's not going to get better at this rate. I hope you already know that. I knew 50yo guy on these things and his wife took me aside about how he couldn't even function at all and would just lie on the couch unable to function when he was off it.

I gave her my advice, but you probably aren't in your 50s yet, so you should have a better chance.

Work the SSRI down in dosage as fast as you can, too. You didn't say which one. Some are infamous and they need to get rid of old stock and/or monetize the R&D.

Others are more effective. But the main thing wih SSRIs is to make them temporary.

because drug addiction is a symptom, its caused by underlying issues a person have.

This is why the most effective cure for addiction is getting treated with dignity and respect as a fellow human being, because when you step on them you will for the most part just fuel those underlying issues

Stop being a faggot and just go cold turkey, if you can't do it it shows you can't hack it anyway

That album was the worst album they ever did.

Weed is not going to help. Just get off the hard booze and drink beer in small amounts.

I take a low dose. I just have literally been the laziest most placid person I know all my life, and I don't react well to caffeine so I'd rather take a small amount of amphetamines in the morning and have any chance of doing even the bare minimum of what needs to be done that day than the alternative. My "crashes" did not start when I began the meds. I don't take adderall for fun or pleasure and never more than the dose I've been on for 5 years.

SSRI is Paxil 50mg

That album sucks ass.

This AA is a great tool for fighting addiction, only people that have been through it can help you. Ignore this faggot its not all old men telling the same story, though that is a lot of it, the program is free and anonymous they have nothing to gain by you going. Getting sober is a completely selfish act so dont worry about what other people think, in the program or out of it.

The pills are going to fuck you up worse than booze or weed. Hard booze is bad news, especaly when you mix in with pills. I say just drink 1 beer a day and maybe a 1 paper on the weekend,it will suck but at least its not cold turkey. But what ever you do get the fuck off those pills. In the end you should really ask a doctor about this.

>get hammered
>get hungry
>get mcchicken

you're oversimplifying it a bit, not everybody falls into those 2 categories

i have had my drinking get bad for months on end, and had some consequences as a result, but never had a problem stopping drinking.
would go years only having a couple drinks socially, rarely any decent amount, then get on the bottle for a couple months. have been drinking lately again, on average kill a 1.75L in two days. pretty much every night, but occasionally don't feel like it or realize it's just wasting money and my health and go a couple days or a week without it. no shakes, no cravings, nothing.
also, no major change in personality, not really getting drunk unless i have like 4 drinks back to back and try to only do that when its time to pass out

anyways, need to stop. yes, alcoholism can be hereditary for sure, yes it lowers your inhibitions. if you are having violent feelings or impulses to do crazy shit you can't control sober, you're setting yourself up for disaster. if you're a pretty level person you'll probably be alright, just don't drink and drive whatever you do, or start drinking before or during work hours

Of course every thing ever said or written is an oversimplification, that's a cop out.

You are definitely type 2 but in denial about it.

4 eggs? I only eat 3 sunflower seeds per day otherwise I get too sober bruh

>How do I stop the alcoholic jew?
You can't. It's genetic. Some people are just born to be addicts to something be it drugs or alcohol.
It's so bad in my family that one them has alcohol induced dementia or something. Worse yet lately I've started to drink alot because I've been getting depressed that the world is so shit and can't find any other way to cope but to overeat or drink till I faint. I choose the latter.

if you deleted everything after "can drink alone" in your list on 2 then yes i'm a type 2. i'm a part time alcoholic, not the full blown type who "seeks it out like crack, complete personality change, drinks till drunkenness, angry if stopped".
it's more general addictive behavior, but like i said i can stop for days in the middle of one of those periods with no problem. im absolutely not in denial of engaging in alcoholic behavior, the last time i drank regularly like this was 5 years ago, the last time before that another 8 years.
whether this meets the textbook behavior of an alcoholic i dont know. zero interest in AA, i would rather just not drink. if I could just smoke weed every day i wouldn't drink at all. all that "once and addict always an addict" has some truth to it, but also some bullshit to it. so no, i'm not an alcoholic, i'm an addict that will take alcohol if i dont have something preferable

will power, discipline, effort.

use a visual aid to mark off days without drinking so you can see your progress and your lapses.

tip out any unopened bottles and leftovers from a night of drinking or give them to someone else.

It's more complex even, there is also the functional alcoholic, which I would call what I am.

I am drinking 3l of beer (that's around 100oz) every day and on friday and saturday I drink like 1l (33oz) of it plus around 0.5-0.7l of rum (15-23oz).

Still there are no consequences. I stay the same person, I don't get all out drunk (I split the amount over several hours, up to 12), I don't talk shit. The only thing I've noticed after doing this for round about 3 years is that the hangovers get a little more noticeable, but not that much if I don't mix with shots or something like that.

I work, I treat my gf and my friends well and noone knowing me would suspect I drink that much.

That's a functional. Might be someone you know without you knowing.

i hate to hear that, it's difficult to see and depressing
americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/wet-brain/
it's called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, your diet is really important it's caused by b1 deficiency. take a liquid sublingual (under the tongue) B-Complex supplement and daily multivitamin it can help prevent it among other things

That's fair.

One thing I should have said, something I left out that's very important, is that if you're a type 2 you can't generally drink casually the way a type 1 can, at a ball game or work event say. They have to be more cautious and careful and will often fail. Type 2 almost always need to stay dry to make things work. Type 1s often don't understand this.

How do you even get hooked on fucking alcohol man
I drink a lot when I'm with friends or at a party but the day after I am disgusted by the sheer thought of drinking some beer
I think you just do it because you don't have anything better to do, get a hobby or just do something else when you want to drink

I went on a bender, went to the ER, got locked up for 10 days in basically a detox facility, and then went to intensive outpatient therapy for two months. Was clean for a year before my insurance (and meds) ran out. Then I was hitting the bottle again. More in control now, just drink beer, and only like once a week. It's a 30 though.

Mid or late 20s I'm guessing? That scenario changes wildly when you get into your 30s. Functional alcoholic is only a phase, but yea, granted, you can definitely pull it off for quite a while. When you hit that wall though, fuuuck that's when the real shit starts.

32. Guess I have good genes. Lucky me.

continue on this path and your liver wont be functional, you are literally poisoning yourself and causing systemic inflammation which WILL lead to cancer. I hope you find your way out of the fog.

im sure some people are the exception, if they're careful enough, but yes generally drinking heavily everyone will eventually face some problems from it, DUI or an accident or lose a job, go to jail, something
i've already had some hard lessons from it, anything else i've done just makes me broke, but those were situations where i had a RIDICULOUS amount of liquor

honestly 100oz of beer doesn't sound bad at all for a regular drinker, a true functional alcoholic. if you drink like that for years on end, it probably just makes you feel normal, like an opiate addict on methadone for comparison. even adding .5-.7L of liquor doesn't sound that bad, if it is just friday and saturdays especially. not saying that it's good to drink like that, but if sticking to that regimen it's just some money and some calories, if you're eating properly and don't do anything stupid it's not the worst thing to be a functional addict of

>continue on this path and your liver wont be functional, you are literally poisoning yourself and causing systemic inflammation which WILL lead to cancer. I hope you find your way out of the fog.
not doing that liver any favor, but 8 beers over 12 hours man? that's not even enough to be considered legally drunk behind the wheel

this, eventually I got cocky and took more risks until the one fuckup where I realize how dumb I've been acting.