Why are German cars considered premium and come with a premium pricetag when they are known to fall a part and have...

Why are German cars considered premium and come with a premium pricetag when they are known to fall a part and have reliability issues?

Is German engineering g a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegarage.jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330
tuv.com/media/01_presse_2/all_languages_pressemeldungen/tuev_report_2017/Maengelriesen_und_Maengelzwerge_AutoBild_TUeV_Report_2017.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why you hide your amercian flag?

This is true. vw especially has reliability issues that owners don't want to accept because...you know...their status as a German car owner is more important. Most cars nowadays are on a par with the Germans if not better in terms of reliability. If you want to pay more for status and better cabin plastics then that is up to you. Sheep follow sheep.

cadillacs are cooler i have an ats 4wd
the other cars have edgy useless interiors and rounded feminine curves on the body.
cadillacs are modern anglar yet classic
t. had nothing to do while on business trip and went to carmax every day

never had trouble with my BMW or Mercedes

The Swedes make a great car through. My Volvo keeps on trucking.,

You can buy an italian car if those are your nagging points.

Oh, wait... Those are Premium-Premium Gold membership.

We have to pay a massive tax on the cars in Aus, which sucks, wouldnt mind spankin new c63

If you can afford a new one when the warranty runs out, they are great.

German engineering likes to over complicate everything and over time that leaves more to break.

just get a volvo before workforce is replaced by women or niggers and all factories shut down

volvos
>hipster trash
other german cars
>techno mullet having fags

I don't buy German strictly because they are a cucked country. I planned on buying an A6, but I don't want my money going toward the welfare of Muslim bulls.

>volvos
>>hipster trash
But can hipsters even afford it

TBh only the middle class or higher drive these cars. hipsters ride fixed gear bikes

german engineering is so good to the point that they've built up such a reputation that they are now engineered to fail, yet people keep buying them.

they built the meme during the 60s-80s when american/british cars were total dogshit and have been living off it ever since.

great cars for 24 months but never own one longer than that

that's another good point every dollar spent on a german car is basically paying for farooq to come enrich europe

Ahah. If you ever have driven French cars you know you'd better stick to German cars.

Picrelated has literally every feature of a similar-year german car, looks arguable as good, yet is less than half the price.

you fucking piece of trash moron
have you seen some of these trust fund hipsters some of those bikes are 10k you pos

why anyone would ever buy a french/italian car (excluding dumb supercars) is beyond me. you just know it's going to be a turd.

arguably*

The only euro cars I like are Volvo's. especially their wagons.

Otherwise imma stick with japanese,. for a "luxury" car I think I would still rather a Lexus than a German car.

pic related is what I currently drive.

>TFW Toyota Tacoma made in beautiful San Antonio, TX

German cars havereliability issues? Wtf man? I see thousands of 20 yo Mercedeses, VWs, Opels and Audis and I've never heard of a Peugeot, Citroen or Hyundai older than 10-12 years. If there is any it's fucked up to the fullest. Can't say anything about American ars since there is not many of them here. But German cars>>>>>French and Japanese/Asian, without any doubt.

ITT: really fucking salty non-germans trying to cope with the fact that Germans are superior in engineering and basically everything

>cuck mobiles

THIS, is the power of German engineering.

German engineering is undoubtedly a thing, just not necessarily a good thing. For example, compare a Colt 1911 with a Luger P08. They're both hand held pieces of machinery that are designed to place a small piece of lead in a guy's body to make him leave you alone. If you completely strip a 1911 you have a handful of fairly sturdy and simple parts and some fasteners. Detail stripping a Luger results in a heap of pins, plates, springs and other unidentifiable bits that may or may not ever go together again to form an identifiable firearm.

They're both really cool guns, but the design philosophy behind them is readily apparent when you start taking them apart.

hello mr trump

The "Germean Engineering" myth.

thegarage.jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330

This exactly. My family has owned several late model used mercedes. Anything and everything (in which there is a lot of everything will fail and everything costs way more than its worth.

A new mercedes under warranty is where its at. Id still buy a luxury jap car first but whatevs.

Japanese for sure.

Although alot of them are built in USA and Canada now.

>>TFW Toyota Tacoma made in beautiful San Antonio, TX

Still very un-American-- especially when GM, ford and Dodge are pumping out great trucks.

they're also both from the early 1900s. Germany has designed some really great guns since then that are world class.

In cars, I agree with you - they design overcomplicated shit that's designed to break and fuel parts/maintenance sales at their dealerships. The german industrial equipment I have dealt with however has been top notch.

>known to fall a part and have reliability issues
Is that why they are at the top in TÜV report and such? The report is based on the owners saying how satisfied they are with the cars and people have been pretty satisfied with them in the last 10 years, so not sure where you're getting your meme from, apart from VW scam
>German cars>>>>>French and Japanese/Asian
I'd agree on French being shit, but older Japanese cars were reliable as fuck, even more so than the German ones. The fucking engines just kept on going and going, but they've soon realised that you are better off selling cars of lower quality (when it comes to life span) so you can sell more., which is why they aren't the best anymore. Pretty much all car makers that go into mass production are now making cars with a limited life span, like said, including Germans. By my experience, anything past 2000 will work for a few years, then literally everything will start getting fucked, because it was designed that way

The most American cars right now are Hondas.

Yes German technical superiority was demonstrated by the efficiency of their industrial gas fired ovens...

Unfortunately this superiority will slip as the Germans are bred out of existence by the Turks, Arabs and East Africans.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought that the people who created the Nuremberg Laws for Racial Hygene are now allowing their genetic pool to be polluted by non Northern European blood.

>great trucks
I had an F-150 and the engine block cracked.

Hows that launch control working out for ya? Snapped my rear axel leaving the lot and had the salesmen push that pos back onto the lot and got a nice lexus instead.

forgot link tuv.com/media/01_presse_2/all_languages_pressemeldungen/tuev_report_2017/Maengelriesen_und_Maengelzwerge_AutoBild_TUeV_Report_2017.pdf

>>they're also both from the early 1900s.

Indeed. Modern guns are a different story. New handguns will spoil you as far as ease of maintenance is concerned. So easy to take apart it makes you feel like something's missing.

They get built by niggers and other shit skins now, of course they are going to fall apart

BMW owner here. Yeah it's a meme. So many cheap plastic parts that keep breaking in the interior. Engine makes strange growling noises when switching gears. I was surprised considering the make's reputation.

Germans were never known for good engineering mate.Germans are well known for OVERengineering everything they touch,because they always want to fix something thats not broken and then fix the problems caused by the fix to fix the problem caused by the fixes fix and so on.
German engineering was always a meme,they are corrupt as fuck - look emissions etc - and have good pr and thats it.You want a reliable car you go for a jap car.

Agree on that. If they were able to make cars last 30 years 30 years ago, they sure can make that today. They just don't want to.

Don't get me wrong senpai I like the car and American cars in general but the interior is usually absolutely dogshit when compared to German ones.

Lexus typically ranks up there on Consumers.

There's also too many parts to break in modern cars. Sure power-everything is where we're come and it's impossible to go back, but it's just more shit to break. I don't want infotainment systems, just leave my AC and radio with physical buttons.

The tax for 5.0 engine is too high and the mpg is too low to even consider it.

At least we can agree Japanese cars are the best.

I dont care what consumers say mate.You should not care too.Tell you why: because consumers are not logical,they have feelings for their car,they would fuck their car if it would happen to have a vagina,they will never speak about the flaws.If you want to know what cars are good you go to the local mechanic and ask what cars does he fix mostly.

German cars are unreliable because the rich idiots who buy them have no idea how to properly use them or maintain them. I've had vw's and audis my whole life and never had any problems. I like German cars because they feel solid to drive and are very comfortable. Japanese cars feel like tin and American cars are just generally too bulky. I would love a new mustang 5.0 though.

what a high-quality canadian shitpost

Case in point: Porsche 911. How they made that thing sell is still a mystery. Rear Engine - Rear Wheel Drive just don't make any sense for a sportscar yet it sells.

They used to be nice, hand made. Look at the cars from the 60s/70s to see. Pretty dope cars.
But then the shareholders realized that they could make a ton more money by selling cars with lower quality but still at a semi-premium price, but to more people.
Just like American cars in the 80s were dogshit, they still kind of carry that reputation today. I used to work at the MB headquarters user.

German engineering is good, it's their terribly outsourced materials that fall apart.

Cars are status symbols.The small dick big car is not entirely a joke you know.

That dog has mastered the art of territory marking

The CLA/GLA cars are total shit. They fuck up all the time bc there is an ecu below the washer fluid resivour, which conveniently starts leaking after 12-18 months.
There's also a wiring harness at the lowest point in the chassis, where water tends to collect. They're both the same platform and virtually identical under the hood.
I really like the E class though. Don't ever bother with the new pickups. They're rebadged nissans or some shit. Also the CLS is the same chassis as an E class, but it's sold at the S class price point.

German engineering is a meme, it's our terrifically materials made in Germany that are good.

Teenyboppers get wet at my 5 series

I drive a Niva since 1987.I dont care really about cars.

Bought my 3 series with 10k miles on it. Had the engine replaced under warranty cause of a defect.

Aside from that, its the most reliable car I've ever owned and I own a 4Runner which has given me more headaches than my BMW.

No....THIS, is the power of German engineering.

German cars are shit bit they expensive shit. German motorcycles are awesome though.

>VW
Every white girl under 30, "look at my basic German car"
Official p/o/l Ranking:
Merc>BMW>>>Merc A Class>>>>>>Smart Car>>>>>>>>Audi(aka VW) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VW

Germans care at home plus a french one. Motorbikes from Italy aswell. 0 issues with any of ´em.

Also there is a really big German factory in my city which always been nice to the population so...would buy again.
Sorry Tom.

I like my Fiat 500 manual but I don't know much about cars lol

Cool story. Why are you commenting in a thread about cars then?

>dodge

Yeah if you want your axle to drop at highway speeds like it happened to my cousin

Cars*

Because my wife is a retard and only wants german cars because that will show the neighbours we're not poor anymore.

Camaro ZL1 with 1LE Performance Package:
650 HP
650 lb-ft
195 mph
3.4 second 0-60
(Manual transmission specs. auto equipped cars are even faster)
$71,520

Audi R8 V10
540 HP
378 lb-ft
198 mph
3.6 second 0-60
(Automatic transmission)
$~145,000

>Is German engineering g a meme?

Yes, that being said however, BMW and VW are the most reliable, and best bang per buck. Mercedes is a literally meme brand unless you are a millionaire who can afford the top tier S class and AMG range.

Audi is complete trash.

t, mechanic.

>horsepower and acceleration are only factors
You can rice out a civic for less and get 1200 hp. Who cares? Audis are shit though. I'd take the rice rocket, even that should be more tasteful.

>1200hp civic for less

No.

I have an X3 with over 115,000 miles and the engine is still spotless.

Just shit like brake calipers or cylinders are the only real issue come service time

I would agree with that however VWs especially are hellish to work on without little girly fingers.

t. Mechanic who hasn't seen a Merc in 5 years.
>BMWs are reliable
Lmao. I think the Chinese can build better transmission than BMW. VW is the performance of a tractor with the price tag and maintanence of an entry Audi.

I know, but there really is not a way I can objectively compare specs like software and interior
However, the Camaro has Recaro Alcantara seats, and the Audi has leather that costs 6k as an option, so Ima still take the Camaro any day of the week

You mean, I can't buy a $2000 old civic and put $75,000 of engine and shit in it to beat a Ferrari or Camaro, etc in a drag race?

Reliability among German cars, not other cars, BMW is pretty solid in my experience.

It's been a meme since the 80s,sincerely /o

it also comes with a pedestrian targeting system and the steering has been removed
everything inside is plastic and looks like shit from every angle

I don't think you could get 1200hp out of any civic engine even, with unlimited funds.

My 3rd gen 4runner has 140k miles and runs like new save for a leaky valve cover gasket....but they all have that. I love mine, nothing is more satisfying than rolling down the back windshield and giving someone the finger

That's because most the German cars in India are probably from the 80s.
Superpowe...

>what is a swap

Very much a meme. I owned VWs and Audis... Both were electrical nightmares and replacement parts are massively overpriced.

Of course you could swap an engine..

Germans cars are better.
I have only had German VWs.

I am looking to buy an old MG F from the 90s...

Why did you Brits stopped making good family cars?

Read it again. I never said keep the engine. Put in aftermarket engine. The point is that form also matters, not just function. There's a reason why Ferraris cost so much, it's not because they are the fastest.

there is a reason why 4 of the top 10 cars for millionaires include the Honda Accord, Civic, CRV.

BMWs are fasttrack to lemon status, mercedes are reliable and drive like yachts but your paying a primium for the logo and expect 1k every mechanic visit

honestly if you are looking to ball on a 90k 7 series, you might as well go one step further and go with rolls royce or a bently since you demonstrate your arab-like need to spend on frivolties

Same company m8. Both are shit.

VWs were, for a time, made in Mexico.

The rest are rock fucking solid. It's going to be a sad day if Trump imposes insane tariffs on them.

Daimler employee in R&D here.
Also worked with Infinity.

1. Germans fuck up as well butvwe worry a lot about shit so its LEDs then others. But since there are problems that is all the customer remembers.

2. We all have the same suppliers (takata top KEK) so yeah it only makes sense to compare parts which are unique too see who builds the better car but consumers cant do that.

3. we fucking care. Ive seen engineers argue about 1mn foam for better accoustics like the while car depends on it. At the Ende money decides. That's why don't judge an S-class by the quality of an c-clasd

It's a tradeoff.

Either you have something that is very finely tuned, handles great and goes fast or you have something that lasts a long time, is low maintenance and more boring.

Personally I choose the boring car because I don't like spending tons of maintenance or parts.

>Honda Accord

I have a 2007 Accord Luxury V6, had since 2010, interior is on par with BMW, and the reliability is, well - it's a Honda so zero problems, Just an oil change every 5000km, check other fluids, belts, brakes and it will run forever pretty much.

Volvo is actually legit.

It surprised me when I tried their truck cars.

Mustang is awesome but it's not that practical and gas costs a lot in Europe, plus taxes for huge volume.

>Still very un-American-- especially when GM, ford and Dodge are pumping out great trucks.
The competition between American and Toyota truck makers have benefited us all. All the above now make great trucks.