The 2000 election

In an alternate timeline where Al gore won in florida and became the 43rd POTUS. what would the world look like now?

Other urls found in this thread:

fas.org/irp/cia/product/pdb080601.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=GkAtUq0OJ68&nohtml5=False
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

likely about the same as it does now, except maybe no Obama

That's unlikely, if Al gore won there won't be bush era tax-cuts and no iraq war. it would be a lot different.

National debt paid off, no tax cut for the rich, no 9/11, no Iraq War, no Great Republican Recession. I cannot describe enough how much Bush and the GOP fucked America

He would have been impeached due to his family's connections with the KGB

china and indian would be raping our econmy

>no 9/11 if Gore won

who the fuck believes this shit?

Any money saved from the Iraq war not happening would be wasted ruining the economy with carbon restrictions.

No one likes Bush around here obamaleaf but you certainly exaggerate

no 9/11, bad economy we get Trump or a Trump like candidate on 2004.

All these GOP establishment shills love him but they have to dindu his existence. It'll be the same with Trump

>All these GOP establishment shills love him

Same people that hate trump

>People unironically believe Gore wouldn't have gone into Iraq

All the same who loved Bush but now deny it. It will no different with Trump.

Trump is the GOP establishment.

He would not have. The GOP Iraq War was a proud Bush GOP endeavor.

This lol, I can't imagine having that manbearpig chasing nut in the WH on 9/11 but he might've just nuked the entire Middle East to end dependence. Or if he didn't and Saddam were still around we could watch livestreams of Kurds being gassed every day.

He was against the war before it has begun

Dependence on fossil fuels

Republicans always have to dindu their own actions and project onto others.

There also wouldn't be a climate of hate.

good point

We'd likely be better off, but not because Gore was necessarily so great or because Democrats were the right choice, but because the Bush administration was just that bad. If you could have had someone like Romney in 2000, man oh man...

entirely shit analysis, crash would have still happened, 9/11 would have still happened, the only difference is it would been blamed on Democrats instead and Obama would not have even run.

you mean leftists wouldn't be so hateful?

No 9/11 because Clinton tried to warn W, and he ignored it. Gore would have listened.

Clean energy.

No debts.

No >muh Israel wars.

Neocohenservatism extinct.

Best timeline.

Nah Republicans don't take national security seriously and can't be trusted with keeping America safe.

debts would likely be higher

this

Debt would be lower.

Republicans are retards with money. They think tax cuts for the rich pay for themselves with trickle down magic.

How faggot? No tax cuts for the rich and no wars. Single payer would not have happened yet. There is no way debt would be higher.

he's an idiot

If you play EU4 it's exactly what happens when you have an average ruler instead of a shit one

having a different President would not have somehow magically stopped the attack it's not like they are collecting intel themselves idiot

The US would be in the same boat as Europe right now

>no iraq war
>debts higher somehow

If you actually think we wouldn't have gone to war you are a complete idiot, and ontop the of wars he would have spent shit loads on social programs

politicians say alot of things.

Actually foreign policy and terrorism are the President's domain. You would know this if you weren't a mouth breathing nigger proud boy.

Kiss my ring negro.

>[if] Saddam were still around we could watch livestreams of Kurds being gassed every day.

I would payperview that shit everyday and jack off to those little shits struggling for air. Goddamnit I miss Saddam.

>he believes we wouldnt have gone to war

no 911 = no wars

This is not hard.

Bush ignored repeated warnings you moron. He went on vacation for a month in August.

He spent all his time fishing and golfing.

Sound familiar?

two words

LOCK BOX

yes the President is personally conducting surveillance. If Clinton caught Osama after the first attack it would have never happened

>no amerimutt kikeslave meddling in middle-east
>Gaddafi alive
>Saddam alive
>Assad not in a civil war
>no king obongo
>no refugees into europe by kikes

The world would be a lot better, faggot.

He's too young and retarded to know how hard Bush and Cheney pushed for the Iraq War. Why are Republican children such autistic dindus?

it is the job of intelligence agencies to thwart these attacks, if you think the President specifically tells them what to look into you are an idiot.

The earth would be the same temperature it is now

It's Bill Clinton's fault Republicans can't keep America safe.

Holy shit Republicans are the biggest fucking dindus ever.

Bush was warned BIN LADEN TO ATTACK THE UNITED STATES

He ignored it and went fishing.

People forget he is a hardcore neo liberal, basically Clinton 2.0.
Clinton repealed the Glass–Steagall act and is there for at least as responsible for the 2007 crash as bush's tax cuts.
Basically Bush light, slightly less war, slightly corporatism and no christian fundamentalism.

He doesn't know the President is the Commander-in-chief. Holy shit you're retarded.

Fuck this is the right leaning NY Post.

I am older than you you utter faggot, and actually have an understanding of foreign policy. If you think Gore wouldn't have been pushed into the same wars you lack any reasoning skills

Like pic related

George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.

Al Gore would not have. That's why you're mad. You have to dindu Bush's fuckups onto others.

Republican national security pic related

that headline wew

and? the president personally do anything in these situations . I work in the intel community the different commands determine their own focuses and responses

still Clinton who fucked up the regulations for Wall Street

WTF is that real?

I don't give a fuck about George bush, I just can't stand utter idiots who have no understanding of any of this

PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKE GET SOME NEW IMAGES.

> I work in the intel community

No you don't. You're just an autistic retard dinduing Bush right now.

The president has nothing to do with the intel briefings he's given everyday! Holy shit you're retarded bro.

>Boss...
>They're just kids...

Young fags are adorable, now scurry off to youtube and watch videos of Clinton, Gore and tons of other democrats all promoting war with Iraq before and after 9/11.

>It would look any different
Same things would be happening except at different periods. He was about as shitty as Bush and that is a mean feat.

Republican President
Republican House
Republican Senate

90% of opposition came from liberals. Liberals were basically called traitors for opposing the war.

WE DINDU NUFFIN

Said it before. I'll say it again. Right wing retards are the biggest fucking dindus on the planet. Nothing comes close.

>paying off all your debt is good

>No Bush tax cuts.
>Deficit is largely under control.
>9/11 still happens.
>No Iraq War.
>The Global War on Terrorism is reduced in scope.
>Afghanistan still takes as long as it did.
>The Great Recession still happens.
>The 2008 election could go either way.
>If a conservative Republican wins, we are hobbling along to this day.
>If a Democrat wins, it's a little bit better.
After a President Gore, it's pretty difficult to tell what might happen.

Look at those Impeach Bush signs. Must be Republicans amirite retard.

Those damn liberal traitors!

- Fox news circa 2004

>it is the job of intelligence agencies to thwart these attacks, if you think the President specifically tells them what to look into you are an idiot.
But there needs to be someone at the top who knows what's going on if intelligence agencies are going to use information effectively. One of the biggest problems that was made clear by 9/11 was that the different intelligence agencies didn't coordinate effectively with one another, which is why the DHS was set up. Pre-911 especially it was essential for the people in charge to take an active role in setting goals for the intelligence agencies.

Bush was told that Bin Laden was gearing up for an attack on the US. And he did nothing with the information. We'll never know if Gore would actually have managed to prevent 9-11 but based on the Clinton administration's attitude it seems likely that he would have taken it a lot more seriously

>In an alternate timeline where Al gore won in florida
>implying that's an alternate timeline
pic related

both sides of the aisle were pushing for it for years, war with Iraq was inevitable no matter who was in charge
strange how they all but disappeared after Obama won, even though he continued on with the same exact plan as Bush and the republicans.

those damn libs!

I'm just sick of that fucking laughing cunt, mix it up once in awhile

There would still be an iraq war.

wtf i love al gore now

Yes ending the Iraq War and bringing the troops home was the same thing as Bush. You retards have lost your minds. Obama reduced US troops in the ME by 95%. You retards have lost your minds.

How many countries did Obama invade and occupy like Bush did Iraq?

inb4 retards think a drone strike in Yemen is totes the same thing

Sorry to trigger you. I'll put a trigger warning next time like Trudeau does on all government documents. I named a lot of my laughing gifs 42% unemployment lol and right wing retards usually get triggered by the filename, even when I just want to use the laughing gif, not the filename.

>Obama reduced US troops in the ME by 95%.
Yeah, he swapped them out for JSOC kill teams and drone strikes, even started drone striking two other countries that weren't involved.
Based black man

I'll just leave this here.

brb

First of all, I love how quickly you goalpost shifted to Obama when you got btfo on Bush.

And yeah, tactical surgical strikes is a lot smarter, cheaper and more effective than the Republican plan of invading and occupying entire countries.

People seem to forget that like 40% of the Dems voted for the war, Hillary Clinton included, so yes, Gore would've gone into Iraq 100%, even with Dems having a majority, it would have definitely been enough

You just admitted that the majority of Democrats voted against the war. I mean, why do Republicans dindu so fucking hard.

"Yeah we're total fuckups, but the Democrats would have done it too, even though they were against it"

What a compelling argument to vote GOP.

>White House urges congress to pass law to help future mortgage crisis
>Barney Frank and Chris Dodd fight against it and on live television that people shouldn't buy houses they can't afford
>2008 happens
>Dodd and Frank make a bill the Bush White House proposed, take credit, and blame Bush administration

Made me think

>See flag
When the fuck did i ever support republicans? All im saying is even with a majority, enough dems voted for the Iraq war that USA would have gone in regardless of who the president was. In the senate 58% of dems voted for the war, in the house of representatives around 40%, even with Gore president and dems having a majority in the house, the vote difference would still be over 150 for the war.

>TL;DR When it comes to Iraq, it's completely unimportant who the president was, the USA was going in anyway

also fuck both dems and the gop they are all cunts

Lol are you still actually trying to spout this debunked right wing retard meme?

Republicans had the House, Senate and White House.

Republicans controlled the Committee that's on that 1 video that u retards base your entire ideology on.

I swear, you Republicans are the biggest dindus on the planet.

Show me the Republican bill. Oh fuck you can't because it doesn't exist.

GOP HOUSE
GOP SENATE
GOP PRESIDENT

The biggest WE DINDU NUFFIN chimpout in the history of the world

I'm still trying to slap that nigger's cock out of your mouth because you can't seem to comprehend that absolutely nothing would've been different if Al Gore won.
We might have more solar panels and wind farms, that's about it.

George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.

literally no different

climate would be forever changed /s

Gore never would have pushed for the war. There would have been no 9/11. It would have been a completely different political climate than the neocon dystopia that Republicans created.

Go read the PNAC document.

90% of the opposition to the war came from Democrats.

How many Republicans voted against it? Please tell me that.

You wouldn't know what's going on in Antarctica.

Oh wait.

>inb4 retards think a drone strike in Yemen is totes the same thing

When a foreign government's drone strike lands in your proverbial backyard, I'm sure you'll calmly accept that it isn't war because "no boots on the ground".

He sets up his "carbon credit" scam earlier, and pushes for federal mandates for carbon credits to become a billionaire overnight.

9/11/2001. Gore admin sets up a review panel to write a report to consider what to ask a Congressional subcommittee for advise about which document to check for oh god they've begun a full scale invasion of Florida.

Meanwhile, the economy crashes like the goddamn Hindenburg blimp because energy = growth, and our ME "allies" stab USA in the back by offering concessions to terrorist groups because we're not funding their petrol states anymore. Housing bubble pops earlier, 2002, instead of merely threatening to crash in 2003.

President Gore gives zero fucks about all of this because he's a fucking idiot. We're told things would have been worse if we had unleashed the hobgoblin of global warming with our previously functional economy.

Texas seceeds because they're the only state that still has a black ink budget and can afford to do so, Califonia is overrun by wetbacks, and America as we know it is gone forever.

Thankfully, we live in a much better timeline.

>implying Al Gore would've stopped his Democrat Congress from declaring war on Iraq
Oh how precious, you forgot that the Dems controlled the House and they all voted for war in Iraq. How inconvenient for you. Or maybe you didn't forget, maybe you just weren't alive in 2003.

It would have been a lot of different. Everything would have been different. All you Republicans do is crash everything, fuck everything up and then say oh well the other guys woulda done it too.

>9/11 and the Iraq war are the same.

Good be 18 to post here kid.

A drone strike in Yemen is totally the same thing as Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Why did 40% of house dems and 60% of senate dems support the war in iraq?

If anything, 9/11 can be blamed on Clinton's and Dem's lax immigration policy/brown fetish.