Transgender - What the fuck is their argument?

So as of late (not sure if this argument has been around for a while), I've been seeing tranny defenders say that sex and gender are not synonymous. They're saying that sex is physical/biological, and gender is cultural.

Sure, let's go with that. Does this mean that they're admitting that one's sex CAN'T change, and whatever you're born with is what you are? If so, where does the term "sex change" come from...

what the fuck is their argument. I honestly want someone to sincerely defend their side and help me understand what that side is really trying to say.

Obviously, the majority of the supporters are delusional and have emotional arguments, but there are legitimate supporters out there. Those are the people I want to hear, because I'm genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTmNWY0ZPfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Google gender dysphoria.

It's a real mental disorder and should be treated as such, not treated like some sort of great progressive thing

They don't even know.
They argue one way one day, and another way the next.
They say whatever will advance their social marxism.

This is the answer

Thats basically it, gender is what society expects of you because of your sex. Like what to wear how to behave, certain character traits (men cant be cute for example). Some people really do not like that and want to present themselves as what society thinks the other gender should be.
Sometimes this goes so far that they do not even feel comfortable with their genitalia anymore because they feel it makes them to "manly" or "girly" and so they decide to make a biological change, hence "sex change". This feeling is called gender dysphoria.
Intersex etc comes from people not feeling comfortable in either role and making up their own.

This makes sense, but I don't see why we must go ahead and change the whole meaning of the word "gender". There's a perfectly fine term that describes that, which is "gender roles".

Some people may really enjoy traditional gender roles but for me personally, as long as society is successful, they don't matter to me. I'd respect their side a lot more if they weren't trying to change the meaning of the word "gender", and instead try to tackle "gender roles".

Gender dysphoria is a real mental disorder. Whether or not it can be cured without transitioning is something we don't really know yet.

Sex and gender are synonymous. Gender ROLES are cultural.

Because libshits refuse to let research take place

Agreed, see

So far it's sounding like transgender supporters are really just desperate to convince society that you really can convert yourself from a boy to a girl, or vice versa. And this new "gender and sex are the same thing" argument is the new straw that they're grasping for. Accurate?

Give me a reason why we should change the meaning of the word "gender", and "muh feelings" is not a valid reason.

>gender is what society expects of you because of your sex
>so instead of breaking societal norms like we were for 40 years, we put them back up and are now switching teams whenever we feel like.
yeah, no. They say this, but it's bullshit.
There is plenty of good arguments for not forcing your daughter to be "girly" or your son to "be a man", but this whole "its whatever we want now" is unnecessary nonsense to politicize identity and progress marxism.

>social marxism
Oxymoron. Marx only talked about economics.

what do you mean changing the meaning of gender? its true that many societies have had more than two gender roles, usually with very feminine men filling the third

post modernist philosophers applied his ideas to social causes to enact the revolution that no one wanted. I messed up and called it social marxism, but this is commonly referred to as cultural marxism.
youtube.com/watch?v=eTmNWY0ZPfM

I'm biologically male, but I identify as a masculine lesbian woman.

Therefore it's totally cool for me to go and get naked in female changing rooms, and if you try and stop me you're a disgusting ignorant bigot.

You answered your own question. I'm not referring to the term "gender roles", but the word "gender".

If people want to fight against gender roles, fine, there's actually substance to those arguments.

But changing the definition of gender? Why? What is that going to gain other than confuse people into believing their side? How is changing the definition of gender a good thing? What will it achieve?

Gender roles typically refer to the role a person has in family, occupation e.g. a woman takes care of the children, men are more for management roles.
Gender is more about character traits assigned to the different sexes e.g. girls are cute and men are more daring.

Gender roles is not only applicable to households. It is applicable to society as well, such as when somebody in this thread mentioned "men can't be cute" because it doesn't align with the traditional male gender role in society.

What you just described gender as is literally what I just described gender roles as, and that's the point I'm getting at. Why are people trying to change sex and gender being synonymous to "gender" and "gender roles" being synonymous?

It's simply a form of mental illness, what the left is trying to do right now is basically trying to rally every freak and reject there is to their side for votes.

>Why are people trying to change sex and gender being synonymous to "gender" and "gender roles" being synonymous?
I think eliminating normalized gender roles in society is part of it

that would then bring up the question, then what is the point of being transgender, but thats an issue between the mind not fitting with the body

mostly its gay dudes who want to lessen the stigma of being a disgusting fag, but in the end if you are a dude that cuts his dick off, your still a dude, except you cut your dick off. probably a cutting disorder too.

>basically trying to rally every freak and reject there is to their side for votes.

this, its the lefts war on the straight white male. anything they can do to remove the white power.

this is a good thing, leading them to slaughter

Well thats what the words typically are used for. I mean language is never static and changes over time, words get different connotations and sometimes even meanings

This

Since as of what, being lenient, the past couple months? I don't necessary live under a rock, I keep up with things, and the change of the word "gender" is arguably very significant.

I get that definitions change, but can you give me a valid reason other than "muh feelings" as to why such a drastic change must occur? How will this help anyone other than cause confusion? It's like changing the definition of a male to a tree. Maybe an exaggerated comparison, sure, but the point is is that they're two entirely separate things, there are existing terms for both concepts, meaning that there is no obvious reason to change the definition.

I got into an argument with a bunch of my classmates about this today. I argued that "gender identity" is just a way to put a made up title on someone's personality. Why can't we just have boys saying they reject gender ROLES and have a feminine PERSONALITY rather than giving them a special award for being some non-masculine freak?

Similarly I took the Peterson hardline stance and rejected that I would call anyone by their preferred non-binary pronoun because I don't want to affirm behavior i dissagree with. The banshees naturaly got very emotionally and said things like, "OR YOU COULD TREAT THEM LIKE A *PERSON*". But my argument was that these freaks will know that I don't support their "identities" regarless of the pronoun i use, so it would not be "respect" for me to use them, it would just be a facade of acceptance that (assuming SOME semblance of competence) would actually be more harmful to the freak. They know people will never accept their bullshit.

But the shit libs and banshees had non of my logic and stayed on their shitty ideological side. They kept bringing up the high suicide rate (41%) as evedince of why we need to ACCEPT trans freaks, not as why we should chastise them and not permit any more of them. Trans folk think having their *correct* gender will be the panacea to their miserable self-loathing, they are mentally weak and can not over their emotions and circumstances. After they don't receive their panacea through self-mutilation or public embarrassment the easiest option is then to just kill ones self.

Sigh. I hate this. There's so many people that prioritize making people feel better instead of acknowledging truth. This type of ignorance will be noted in history classes centuries from now for sure (at least I hope).