Obamacare Repeal Would Raise Premiums Extra 100% Over the Next 10 Years

cbo.gov/publication/52939

>"Average premiums in the nongroup market (for individual policies purchased through the marketplaces or directly from insurers) would increase by roughly 25 percent—relative to projections under current law—in 2018. The increase would reach about 50 percent in 2020, and premiums would about double by 2026."

>B-b-but we'll have better care
Wrong

>"The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law. That number would increase to 27 million in 2020, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of eligibility for Medicaid and the elimination of subsidies for insurance purchased through the marketplaces established by the ACA, and then to 32 million in 2026."

Looks like Obamacare is here to stay. No Republican in a remotely competitive state will vote for this

Me right wing me know egonomics burrr

Yeah but than how are my millionaire friends gonna buy that jet they always wanted. Im cool with it j-jist dont need to get hurt. Ri-Right guys

good point

There's nothing more Jewish than American """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""health "care"".

Yeah. Some of us have known this for a while now. The primary cause of the increase in premiums for decades has been people who can't afford insurance being forced to use the ER for primary care, the least efficient and cost effective means of healthcare delivery, and thereby forcing the cost of their treatment onto people who actually have insurance. The purpose of the ACA was to bend the cost curve of the nation's healthcare industry by helping more people afford private health insurance through subsidized market places or through the expansion of a pre-existing and popular social welfare program, Medicaid, which while conceived as healthcare for those in poverty has come to disproportionately benefit the elderly, specifically those in hospice care.

Even people who aren't benefiting from the exchange subsidies or Medicaid directly are in fact benefiting indirectly and will have their premiums shoot through the roof in the even of an ACA repeal because more people will turn back to the ER for their primary healthcare.

>found out the healthcare my company provides just significantly improved today, switched to HRAs, cost went down significantly, no copays, company paying into deductible, cited it was because of new competitive form of healthcare being implemented

trump has already improved my life significantly, what is this thread even about

How does trump have anything to do with HRA's? They have always existed...

Obamaleaf lmao. Remeber last night whenbyoy fucking for destroyed? Yeah was really fucking good

So what do they predict will happen to premiums once the Obamacare marketplaces completely implode thanks to even more insurance companies completely pulling out of them?

Is that the same CBO that said we'd all save 2k and insure 20mil more people?

The company I work for adopted them because of the upcoming changes in policy. The insurance company literally said this at the meeting about it today. This may actually be the first time in my entire life a politician has done something that I benefited from. You shill cunts can go fuck yourself.

>CBO Projections

The same ones that said Obamacare would only increase premiums by $300?

>create horrific and painful barbed arrow and lodge it in your body
>try to take it out when the blood loss and infections become too much
>"No dont take it out! You'll only butcher your flesh and cause immense pain!"
>"see? Its actually good for you"

a repeal will make premiums fall. Simple supply and demand economics. OP is a fag.

Hmm... Interesting. Btw do you know any specifics on to how trumpcare would make HRA better? Honestly asking here.

"H.R. 1628, as passed by the House, would tend to increase such premiums before 2020, relative to those under current law— by an average of about 20 percent in 2018 and 5 percent in 2019, as the funding provided by the act to reduce premiums had a larger effect on pricing."-CBO
Also tax credits will be based on age not income under trumpcare, so this will likely increase burden

>CBO
One accurate organization right there senpai

So what about how obamacare has already raised them by more than 100% in under a decade, with no end of increases in sight?

>Btw do you know any specifics on to how trumpcare would make HRA better?
I don't know if he made it better exactly, more accurate to say that it wasn't available to me before. The insurance company had to offer a better plan to stay competitive seeing as what they were previously offering was complete shit. They are the biggest insurer in my state and don't have any real competition to keep them in check. However, one thing to note is that they flat out said they were only able to do this because I work for a larger company, smaller companies are struggling big time still, so we will see what happens in the coming months. Things may get very bad for some people.