Convert me to Catholicism

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/documents/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you perchance, a pederast or homosexual?

How about Orthodoxy?

no.

take the gnostic pill

>Catholicism
Why. True Christian Conservatism is the real ideal. Good faith, morals, religion, but made equal by todays standards and modern. Just don't go full Protestant.

fuck jesus. just become more spiritual. if your path leads you to be catholic then so be it.

>good faith
is this what christ cucks keep talling themselves?
Go kill more gays, pls

Why orthodoxy?

I wouldn't want you to end up in hell with the rest of them OP

>Go kill more gays, pls
Modern standards mean we don't kill them. We just refuse to allow them children or marriage, and wait till they go to hell for their punishment.

Pistis is necessary.

Catholicism created the west, so no.

> More spiritual

delusion.

>delusion
if thats how you see it then whatever. but why do you see it as delusional? is catholicism not just spiritual philosophy?

Please read this straightforward explanation of the historical and scriptural bona fides of the Catholic Church:

catholic.com/documents/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth

>Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.

>Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history...

>The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members—even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

>Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.

In brief:
~The Catholic Church was Personally Established by Jesus Christ when He walked the Earth. He endowed it with His teaching authority, and promised that it would never fail.

In short, the Catholic Church is "the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." 1 Timothy 3:15.

>Pistis is necessary.

why yes, it is, and the gnostic gospels make a big deal of it.

>Catholicism created the west, so no.

no, it really didnt. the catholic church is a piece of babylon, and so is the protestant church

Read John Henry Newman

Gnosticism?
May I have a little red pill?

>Catholic website states these things about the church
And I have read that the orthodox church claims to be the original church, who is to be believed

It will touch the child inside you

reroll and kek will lead you

Gnostic gospels actually put gnosis above pistis. It's a mistake from beginning because it rejects the main source of the transcendent.

There's no faith if it isn't centered on something which is already objective and clear. So, "fuck jesus and become more spiritual" is nonsense.

>papists

> leaf

Oh of course that makes so much more sense.
Now exactly where is "hell"?

>There's no faith if it isn't centered on something which is already objective and clear.
i never said to not follow a spiritual path that is distorted and unclear.

i never said to follow*
sorry, accidental double negative

I will read.
Thank you, user.

It's one thing to make a claim, another to *prove* the claim.

The historical and scriptural evidence for Catholicism - including the papacy, that central point of dispute with the Orthodox - is *very* strong.

>Gnostic gospels actually put gnosis above pistis. It's a mistake from beginning because it rejects the main source of the transcendent.

no, it really doesn't I have no idea where you people get these fallacious ideas from. go ahead and read 2 Peter in its entirety

I'll go ahead and clear up lies told about their gospels

>it calls Yahweh the old testament God the devil/demiurge
nope, Yaldaboath is the demiruge, Yahweh is venerated as the Father and creator of Jesus Christ, it further validates the OT as the words of Jesus Christ that promises his coming. and also validates the idea that Jesus Christ is on every page of the old testament further

>b-but its lucifer worship, that promotes your saved through secret knowledge and it practices black magic and demon summoning, and is descended from Simon Magus and his students
nope. the Gnostic Gospels affirm that salvation is achieved through Faith that Jesus Chirst is the Son of God, who died on the cross, was dead and buried, and resurrected on the 3rd day according to the scriptures. there is absolutely 0 claim that people are saved through secret knowledge, BUT the gnostic gospels claim to be the secret teachings of Jesus Christ, which they quite frankly are. Go ahead and read Matthew 13

Simon Magus actually makes an appearance in the acts of Peter & Paul, in the acts it describes Simon as deceiving people through his magic by levitating as high as a tower. Peter prayers to Jesus Christ to stop Simons sorcery and Simon Magus falls from his high levitation and dies. the gospel in itself is one of the most important because it teaches that prayer to Jesus Christ is our primary weaponry against sorcery and demons.

It's the biggest Jewish psy-op

>The historical and scriptural evidence for Catholicism - including the papacy, that central point of dispute with the Orthodox - is *very* strong.

nowhere in the bible does it give Rome authority in any way shape or form. nor does it give any authority to apostolic succession. not only that all the churches are in Turkey, and the seat of the church is in Antioch.

>thinking christ cucks have valid arguments for their shit belief system
lol

This

Paganism or deism are the only ways for us

Just going to ignore my image, papist scum?

Actually I believe religioncucks fuck children mostly.
Good try though.

>world rejecting religions
literally a jewish scam

It's the 2000 year old Church established by Christ. Any of the problems you see today: Marxism, liberalism, the Jesuits wreaking havoc, the Church has survived much worse and will always survive. The deeper you dig, the more perfect and logical all the Church teachings are. Some of the greatest philosophers and scientists of all time have been Catholic. Any other Christian branch can be traced to one person breaking away from the Church, but only She is the true Bride of Christ established by His apostles.

On the topic of conversion I've been thinking about different religions a lot lately OP and, although some people might get butthurt about this, I think the best way to pick a religion is to look at the results and pick the one that gives the results you like.

All religion has a degree of interpretation and to be frank any religion is going to have a few beliefs that you probably will think are weird and don't quite make sense. In a sense, that's the "faith", the choosing to believe things that you can't really explain rationally.

Why would you do that? Because you like the results. Take Mormonism, here in the USA everyone knows that the Mormons believe some weird shit but you know what? Mormons are happy, healthy, have a great community structure that supports them, marry young and have kids, and are a growing religion. If you have to believe some weird stuff but get that in return.....well maybe that weird stuff is right.

You can spend a lifetime analyzing what is "right" rationally and then trying to pick a religion. I think this way is a lot simpler and you can fill in the gaps and questions you have as you learn more about a faith from the inside.

>brazil
christ thread, created by a christfag.

>burgerlards
>not brainlets
Pick one

>hiding behind a muslim flag because your country is more pathetic than burgerland.