Part 2

>STUDY: Young American Men Are Choosing Video Games Over Work in Staggering Numbers

>New research has found a surprising culprit for the serious decline in working hours among young American men over the last 15 years: video games.

>The decline of young men’s working rate has been steady and substantial over nearly two decades. As of 2016, 15% of men between 21 and 30 were not working or in full-time education—nearly double the 8% rate in 2000. Aggregate hours worked for men in that group fell by 12% between 2000 and 2015, higher than the declines for older male workers.

>A research team including faculty from Princeton and the University of Chicago now argues that “innovations in gaming/recreational computing”— and not, say, lower demand for less-skilled workers—explain as much as 79% of the difference in working rates between younger and older men.

>From the outside, the lives of the young men in question may seem grim. The researchers found that 67% of non-working young men now live with a parent or close relative, compared to 46% of the same group in 2000, suggesting that many are relying on family to support them long-term. They average 520 hours a year on their computers, and 60% of that is spent on gaming

fortune.com/2017/07/16/video-games-users-men/
============================================
why wont these boys just man up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Young American Men Are Choosing Video Games Over Work in Staggering Numbers
>Choosing
I'm fucking unemployable god fucking dammit.
We need more immigrants though.

Why bother?
I'm not being paid enough for my time and I can't see any paths forward.

post more of that slut

>you will never get to shoot your load on her tongue and watch it drip off onto her tits while she makes that face.......why live?

Also work sucks and men being smarter than women especially white men have realized that there is literally no gain to participating in the jewish wage slave system so why bother

My wife is forgien and has a higher paying job than me.

How does this make you feel?

>automation rapidly replacing jobs
>what jobs that are left are being outsourced to beaners and poos
>WHY WON'T THESE GODDAMN LAZY ENTITLED MILLENNIALS SLAVE AWAY FOR OUR RAPIDLY DECREASING IN VALUE DOLLAR!

The sooner boomers die, the better.

HOW DARE MEN ARENT SPENDING EVERY WAKING HOUR AT WORK.

That is really what they are telling you.

Never forget your great grand parents generation fought hard for a 40 hour week. They to were being told they had to spend every waking hour at work and it drove them all to strike.

The globalists want us working 80 hour weeks and if we don't do it, they will bring in browns to do it.

This.

If you want me to give up 40 hours of my week you'd better make it worth my while. Look at the average salary compared to the average rent.

Who the fuck would want to work 40 hours per week (and commute) only to see a third of his income disappear in taxes, another third in rent and the rest in food and utilities.

Fuck wageslavery.

Is she going to throw up?

MORE

weeb thread who want Sup Forums to tell him it okay to play.

>Why are young people too smart to pay Tyrone's gibs, and instead take gibs to break the system?
If welfare exists and can be lived off, it's your moral duty to abuse it until it doesn't. Weaponized tragedy of the commons.

Maybe if employers would change their retarded wage slave "you must work 40 hours a week 5 days a week!" policies then young men would be more interested in working. If a job had flexible work hours for like 10 hour days 3 days a week it would be tolerable.
Fuck spending your one limited lifetime on making someone else rich. Thanks Christcucks for fooling people into believing that bullshit.

This. And on every application I find some variation of those magic words: we especially encourage women and minorities to apply. We especially desire a diverse workforce. Diversity is so very, very important to us. Fuck them.

Oh but yes more Somalis please it'd be ever so disastrous should the population decline.

>Young American men playing the vidya too much and working too little

What is this? The sixth article of it's kind in the past week?

They're working their asses off to sell this as The New Narrative™.

>men aren't marrying enough
>men aren't dating enough
>men aren't working enough

We're pissing them off.

>520 hours a year on their computers

those are rookie numbers kek

They're not the same girl. OP pic is striderscribe

>Be good goy wageslave
>Live in upscale apartment complex
>See nothing but women aged 18-40 out walking their dogs alone in the evenings and on the weekends
>Realize this shit is getting real
>Unable to contain shadenboner

its working user soon they will cave in to our demands

>I'm fucking unemployable god fucking dammit.
>We need more immigrants though.
Because important people who can't speak the language and aren't educated is a viable solution to your demographic problem

K. Keep us posted faggot

>Bottom 80-90% of men (read: the productive and talented ones) are going their own way

This kills the roastie.

well no shit sherlock, i could've told them that work is not fun and videogames are fun, so ofc men are going to choose videogames when work is not a necessary

no one is retarded enough to work for free and for fun.

>why wont these boys just man up?
why would people spend their whole life at work for worthless money when playing a game makes your happier?

Fuuuu

>choosing
It's not usually choice these days user

Eventually they'll get around to realizing it's not men's fault.

But, by then, we will have burned everything down to ashes.

Will still be worth it probably.

I wish I could work 40hours on the book. I'm only allowed to do at most 29 hours a week because Obama Care made it that if you work 40 hours at work the employer has to pay for your tri care. Instead I work my regular 29 and hit 40 but still get part time position.

>Eventually they'll get around to realizing it's not men's fault

You are giving women WAY too much credit. They are the masters of rationalization. They'll never admit that they were wrong. They have a little hamster inside their head, running on a wheel, spitting out comforting answers that prove that they haven't done anything wrong. That's how women can claim to be vegetarians while munching on a steak.

>the society that created feminism will learn that its wrong
good laugh user

what the fuck is wrong with you guys

> Corrupts the fuck outta the system so it Literally Becomes ANTI-MEN.

> WHY THE FUCK AREN'T MEN PARTICIPATING ANYMORE !?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK MAN UP GAIZ !!

This is not even Feminist Logic, it's just WOMEN LOGIC.

And this is why I'm glad I'm gay. Yeah, the majority of fags are left-wing sex fiends but at least there's a small chance I can meet a rational, well-adjusted male like me.

Women are just completely fucked as a gender. Unless we're talking about Korean women (HeeJin)

Explain.

I don't mind my Uncle providing for me.

>60% of 520 hours per year
That's like an HOUR a day. Yeah, totally exclusive to a work schedule.

Who reads shit like this?

anyone else just like independence, guns, and money over women and vidya? i mean, i occasionally play a game, but havent in a couple weeks and i dont really care because last check and upcoming check are large and ammo is plentiful now.

since when did Sup Forums let fags in? i blame /mlpol/

yeah, aggregates are bullshit. like how freshman college math or whatever, someone says "hey did you know youll spend a bajillion hours on the toilet in your lifetime?"

or when highly-compensated people claim "hey, my billing rate is 50k/hr, hurry up im important"

Seriously how long will they keep blaming men? Women wanted all the jobs and shit! They got it! WTF IS their god damn stupid fuckin' problem!?

What? And woman don't find shit to kill time with? Why are we not complaining about soap tv? Or the fact that getting a dog or cat instead of having kids is what a lot of women are doing.

Stop applying to le STEM meme jobs

>You are giving women WAY too much credit. They are the masters of rationalization. They'll never admit that they were wrong. They have a little hamster inside their head, running on a wheel, spitting out comforting answers that prove that they haven't done anything wrong.

I love that old hamster metaphor.

youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU

this. there are jobs outside of STEM

>8 years of McJobs

Yeah, they leave out the fact that an oh-so-desirable 40 hr work week is over 2,000 hours devoted to work.

Fuck. They really are meme jobs now aren't they? I actually really enjoyed it until SJW ruined everything. Quit my last gig cause I was just fed up from the constant bullshit. We had a VP address the company saying communication will fix our problems, but they hire a bunch of chinks and Indians who can barely speak English and then wonder why there are communication breakdowns. Wish I had the balls to say it but they'd just fire me and replace me with an H1B and keep digging the grave. Fuck boomers are so retarded

Americans already work like none other and still try and keep a reasonable social life. An hour and a half a day on a computer is nothing compared to how many hours women spend on social media or on their damn phones.

It's ahegao.

>They average 520 hours a year on their computers, and 60% of that is spent on gaming
LOL that's nothing!

They were tricked, and their biology and the brainwashing are clashing.

Stop playing video games you stupid fags

Stop mansplaining. Women have no agency, stupid goy!

Why should I spend half my life working in a slave job for people that I hate doing something that I loathe?

What's that you, say if I don't do it you will call me "lazy" or "denerate" and to avoid these insults I am supposed to sacrifice my entire existence.

>Blaming women for being lazy pieces of shit.

You guys are fucking pathetic.

>Video Games Over Work in Staggering Numbers

And look how that has turned out for many. Play piles of money playing fucking video games, and endorsements from fucking energy drink companies!

Which one is causal?

Are men of that age group not attempting to find work in order to play videogames, or are young men playing videogames in their spare time because they are unable to find work?

Where I work, our HR department has decided to hire as few males as possible. Almost every new recruit has to be female or a minority (or both), and all other candidates are simply marked "not qualified."

You think this isn't the case in many places? Consider how many more women are getting into college now than men, it's getting harder and harder for men to find work. Here's another good question: Why do you think so many men are "discovering" themselves to be transgender? They don't even have to do hormones or surgery, just call themselves women or oppressed and bam, easy life.

Sometimes even at work.

Either she's fucking her boss or thinking about it while fucking you

Why would you work more than you have to? Your job is there just for money. Why work for any more time than you really have to in order to fund what you really want. After all, a job is just a way for a worker to make money and a company to get some amount of work done. Why should anyone care if you'd rather play vidya so you work less hours? If you're hired to work 40 hours a weak, why work any more than that? After all, you're just doing what you have to do to get the money you want so you can do the things you actually want to do. The more expensive your interests, the more you have to work. Vidya is cheap compared to other interests, so men who like vidya don't have to work as much to fund their interests.

As far as the last part is concerned--people living with parents/relatives--it's just a matter of whether or not they people supporting them are okay with it.

Besides the only thing there is one study which can use whatever exotic/strange sampling methods it wants to in order to say the conclusions it wants to say. It's hard to take anything titled a (((study))) seriously.

Give me something worthwhile to do and I'll consider it.
I want to be part of something great. All there is in the West today is (((capitalism))) and (((diversity)))

vidya is the peak of culture

>innovations in gaming/recreational computing”— and not, say, lower demand for less-skilled workers...

i've been playing the same shooters for years, the games aren't any different then they were 20 years ago, they just look prettier.

>hate video games
>work 50 hours
>maybe gym or run after work
>come home and sleep on floor

This is life

520 hours on someone's computer is barely 1/10 of someone's conscious time. Indeed this is nothing.

Are you retarded, autistc or both? Do you really not understand ironic humor?

>520 hours a year
>1.42 hours a day
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>520 hours a year
I've done that in 2 months before I joined the military

>I'm a 27 year old NEET who plays video games all day

Life is pretty good.

>does not subscribe to this lifestyle

I don't get it, am I helping or doing anything? I do have a job a hard one at that, but I still have a presence socially. In terms of society I feel like it's awkward now, but there's allot of untapped potential I've learned to discover in this life. I do believe there is hope foot better days, it'll just be hard at first. Our generations have been slowly getting more and more entilted, they want name without the works. It's like we are afraid of hard work and success. Duty is the essence of manhood and it will sometimes only take a hard experience for some of yall to work that out.

The continuation of society is dependent upon the bribery of each new generation of young males, and the current generation has been failed by this society at every turn. At this point they have no reason to participate in anything, because what will it get them? What can society possibly offer them that video games and the internet can't? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

From the time these men were children, society has done nothing but degrade them, lie to them, and confuse them. From the time they were young children in the state run schools society told them loud and clear they were second class citizens. The majority of teachers at these institutions were female, and as such favored the female students. They had no tolerance for the male way of being, they were drugged and raised to be ashamed of the masculinity. A good number of these boys came from fatherless broken homes, very few, if any had a positive male influence on their lives.

By the time they reached Highschool they began to realize It was a glorified daycare center. So many of them gave up before they were even out of school, it's insane.

Once they finished school they were thrown out into a cold and inhuman world with no idea how survive in it. They were not taught how to pay taxes in school, or how to find a career. They realize the only things they actually learned in school are not applicable to anything in this world.

We managed to produce a generation of young men who are completely demoralized, who do not care about anything in this world. They are unable to find purpose in being. We were told this is a good thing because it meant that women were finally getting a chance in society, but those women aren't the ones to fight wars, or build roads, or homes. Those women go to college and rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt that they will never be able to pay off for degrees that won't help propagate society. Why was this allowed to happen?

>Be ex-military.
>Used to work 100+ hours a week, even after getting out.
>Have zero to show for it because ex-wife took everything and the kids.
Don't feel sorry for me. Just listen to my warning. Don't fall for this shame bullshit women are just out to use you.

Don't be their slave.

This. I decided to create identical job applications but with female names, and sure as shit, they called back to interview the female one when the male app was rejected. I'm about fucking done.

>cant get an actual job just a "contract"
>won't get hired
>if you do get hired nobody gives raises or promotions
>work x years for a company be cut loose one day with zero warning to be replaced by a pajeet

its almost like these problems could be solved

living the dream man, I'm jealous

Well, at least this suggests a token economy for when basic income is implemented: these gaming cucks can be made to "work" farming gold, or some other such shit, as a make work project of at least symbolic value.

I work full time and still have plenty of time to play vidya. Horde every game that interest me but lack motivation to ever play them. jealous tee bee hech

>average 520 hours a year on their computers
that ain't shit, just 10 hours a week or a little over an hour a day

most tv watchers still suck in 3-4 hours a day

It wasn't "allowed" to happen.
It was ENGINEERED to happen.

The more states breakdown, the easier it is for Israel to rule them all.

Ever notice why so many construction workers (95%) are Hispanic?

That's because they work hard under shit-ass conditions even for shit pay - at least by our standards. They're preoccupied making just enough USD that they can exchange it back home for more pesos.

The average white man is spoiled and over-privileged. These cucks can't handle 1-2 hours without AC. Try a job where you're outside in 100 degree weather working 10 hours a day. Oh ya and you're paid $7-8 bucks an hour.

>no realistic way of working up in normal jobs
>competition for jobs is insanely high
>college is costly
>trade school is an option for some, but circumstances can still prevent low income men from pursuing a trade
>employers don't want to train
>employers don't want to pay
>employers don't want to take care of their workers

Jee i wonder why video games are more appealing than work? The worst part is is that I'm right. I don't want to be right, but I am.

Never got why at that point you wouldn't just be a waiter or something.

>Wanting proper pay for working 10 hours a day in the heat makes you spoiled and over-privileged

Kill yourself.

The average white man is more than willing to work jobs in 100 degree temperatures with no AC doing hard labor, he just has to be paid right. He'll usually do a better job too, unlike those mexicans who fucking ruin diesel engines by putting unleaded in, or never fucking keeping track of the diesel exhaust fluid, or can't even speak a lick of god damn english. Lots of white guys who would've loved to get hired on into the trenches, but lotta places just hire mexicans and even illegals now.

> Try a job where you're outside in 100 degree weather working 10 hours a day. Oh ya and you're paid $7-8 bucks an hour.

When women start asking for equality in those jobs and not in our old office jobs, then sure.

>white men built, and maintain, the economy
>surprised when they dominate it
>somehow criminals sneaking into this country and taking on illegal and shady employment are a good example of intelligent, disciplined, hard workers
(You)

im somehow CHOOSING when employers just throw my application in the trash

glad to know how much they even give a fuck

Post it all my good man

It doesn't help that no employer is interested in seeing you as a person, they just want to see what you do with their bureaucratic application process, which favors people who game the system far more than people who are actually qualified.

Clever. I wonder if you can use this as grounds for a lawsuit. Why work when you can Jew!

>le jews maymay
It's Globalism, user. Globalism.

Israel of all places would fucking hate the Globalist agenda coming to fruition.

this

I'm right there with you brother.