Anyone else notice no comments allowed in liberal sites?

CNN used to years ago, all of these sites, now you can't comment. I wonder why? They don't believe in freedom of speech if it isn't from the perspective of "their" speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediaite.com/online/trump-sessions-shouldnt-have-recused-himself-i-wouldve-picked-somebody-else-if-id-known/
archive.is/rxlOu
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/02/01/comment-isnt-free-anymore-guardian-to-close-comments-on-articles-about-race-immigration-and-islam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Libs can not stand to logic.

It's because commenters started mentioning (((them)))

Anyone who still watches liberal news is just a fucking retard at this point. It's so obvious it's just propaganda

It is very noticeable. The only Lefty site I visit that allows anyone to comment is The Atlantic.

Too hard to sustain the narrative bubble if you let in the noxious views of your readers.

People who still watch CNN or news from TV deserve all that happens to this country. Trump included.

Yes. Vice censors all opposing viewpoints on their Facebook, among other things.

>I should have the right to comment on any website I want

Why are you such a whiny bitch?

This trend started around the time of GamerGate or at least became more noticeable then. People started more regularly shitting all over the narratives they were coming up with on these liberal sites so they would remove the comment sections entirely, sometimes they even put out articles saying they were doing this to promote free speech.

What is corporate neutrality. We should hijack net neutrality and make it mean "the right to comment on any website I want"

You can sue the website's owner if he doesn't moderate something bad fast enough. Sometimes it's just not worth the hassle to hire mods.

Can't define bad because don't know burger law

This is a pretty asinine argument I see crop up on some variation or another from time to time and it always makes it clear that OP and people like him don't actually understand the First Amendment. CNN, when they had comments, was totally free to monitor and censor in any way they chose because it was their own private forum, they were not required or compelled to provide a podium for any opinion any more than the owner of Sup Forums is required to let your shitpost. CNN was within their rights to remove posts and eventually toss the comments entirely just like Sup Forums mods are within their rights to ban you for no reason. The clue is in the first five words of the amendment. If something isn't literally Congress making a law respecting the establishment of a religion or prohibiting the exercise of free speech, it is not a violation of your right to free speech.

t. CNN

Can't wait to spam racial slurs on the Waffle House nutritional information page.

I noticed. I used to troll with truth bombs and likely got shadowbanned.

I tend to find websites with heavy moderation always become liberal think tanks. When people are allowed to say what they want, you find the true face of the country.

I was trolling on some "green building" website, they banned me recently. Liberals simply can not deal with opposing ideas.

Just because it's within their legal rights to do it doesn't mean they SHOULD do it. It makes them look insecure and petty that way. Even Brietbart allows comments.

The move away from comment threads by lamestream society has pervaded media in general. Cuckservative National Review no longer has comment threads last I checked; I assume that their salt was too great once Trump rendered them irrelevant.

It's not just "leftists" OP, but "polite" people in general who refuse the comment thread. Admittedly not having one of these things on your page does let your piece or content stand on its own, and doesn't let it get shit up by the plebs. Youtube comments are historically quite awful, for example. My aside here being that the comment thread is of course not a right but a privilege, offered by a particular service (a website). And I can even empathize in certain cases, all memes aside.

But to your point it does raise an eyebrow when a service has a thing, and then they yank the thing away.

I incline towards the middle on this one: "trolling" (hate how the original meaning has been lost) actually is undesirable to most normies, and I don't begrudge them taking measures against it on their own behalf. OTOH shitposting does regularly contain the kernel of truth which must not be brooked on a CNN story page (assuming that that site no longer allows coments, I can't be fucked to check). So in the leftist case, the humanly understandable former case perhaps provides a pretense to preclude the latter.

Don't forget none of these 'news' sites allow anonymous posts.

Yep, and news site without a comment section is trash. Same goes for jewtube videos with comments disabled.

A lot of them shut them down because researchers found that the comments section were more influential than the article itself and most comment sections were (not surprising) anti-liberal

This liberal site allows comments and it's the worst liberal human beings posting that you will ever encounter:

mediaite.com/online/trump-sessions-shouldnt-have-recused-himself-i-wouldve-picked-somebody-else-if-id-known/

Source?

Archived that for you archive.is/rxlOu

they all turned to share on jewbook or twitter where it can be spread in an echo chamber.

blame zucker
all the comment sections were shut down after he took over
that's when cnn really started to get worse than ever
zucker is still there
still turning everything into a steaming pile of retarded shit
>anyone else notice
who even goes there anymore? I haven't been there in years
welcome to the internet

I read it a few years ago. Even Yahoo recently changed their upvote/downvote system.

breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/02/01/comment-isnt-free-anymore-guardian-to-close-comments-on-articles-about-race-immigration-and-islam/

Here's just one article

Any site online that has free speech ends up being a right wing site.

Take Sup Forums and Reddit for example. Sup Forums doesn't censor shit and is far right because of it while Reddit censors everything and they're Left as fuck.

>upvote/downvote
This is what destroyed comments as a whole. No one uses it as intended which is to promote a really good comment. They use it to punish what they don't like.

the mainstream media lost control of the narrative with the advent of the internet.

every comments section anywhere was full of DISCONTENT with the media and government. left wing, right wing, whatever, the comments were always full of pissed off people tired of our bullshit media and government.

so they 'shut it down' and what happened next? social media sites like facebook, youtube, twitter, and yes, even Sup Forums EXPLODED in popularity as people found new avenues for spreading their opinions and now fucking tweets, youtube videos, or Sup Forums shitposts have far eclipsed 'mainstream media' as credible sources of information.

the relatively uncensored parts of the internet are the thunderdome where humanity's ideologies currently being forged.

the mainstream media is irrelevant when we can get instant, direct, live access to each other, all over the world

He was simply making an observation you butthurt cunt.

Pretty much this.

>every comments section anywhere was full of DISCONTENT with the media and government. left wing, right wing, whatever, the comments were always full of pissed off people tired of our bullshit media and government.
This is why the (((government))) has been trying for the last 20 years to control the internet somehow, they realize they can't control the narrative.

What I'm afraid of is that they realized they can control social media and search algorithms and simply prevent people from seeing things they don't want them to see unless said person specifically looks for it.