What the fuck did you do /pol?!

What the fuck did you do /pol?!

We will lose billions from this! You faggots better fix this!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thats why Trump didn't just leave it outright. Agriculture senator convinced him to renegotiate it to keep the farming shit in.

But america is invincible. Between sugar and corn just throw two trillion more a year at it making shitty bio fuel that brazil does much better. Using sugar

The farmers should be fucked over anyways. They are literally paid not to plant shit, and then paid to turn corn into shitty fuel that costs everyone money. Farming is just a government welfare service at this point. Also, that entire picture just describes something that COULD happen at the very worst. It isn't even a solid fact.

>%98
I wonder from where we get the money to pay for that.

they still want to keep protecting their industry while having us open our markets for their products tho

same as the yuros, they don't want fair trade deals

and what you should post is the % of american corn that goes to mexico, not the % of corn in mexico that comes from the USA

But how do we fix this? We can't have Mexico going elsewhere for our goods

Isn't corn what's making us all gay and retarded?

Good, maybe corn subsidies stop as well and we can stop putting high fructose corn syrup into everything.

No. Fluoride is doing that

Good. Fuck farmers. They're the ones importing all the Mexicans to pick their crops. All farmers deserve to be killed.

Yeah, great. $100 billion in agricultural subsidies to Monsanto to grow $2.5 billion of corn because the price is so artificially low.

Corn subsidies need to end immediately

Invade them.

>But how do we fix this?
Sell it to someone else. Or stop subsidising the corn industry, but that will never happen.

When the US corn subsidies went into place, it ruined all the Mexican corn farmers because they couldn't compete on price. Many of them simply switched to marijuana, poppies (opium) and other legal crops to which they sell to the US.

You meant to say females

If it were cheaper, why wouldnt Mexico already be getting their corn from argentina and brazil?

There are people all over the world who want corn from a country that doesnt poison its food.

22% of our corn is going to meheco.

Time to pull American companies out of Mexico, increase border security, start executing drug trafficers, etc...

Good answer.

So how do we fix that?

LEGALIZE!

And suddenly, out of work farm laborers in Mexico were suddenly "needed" in the US.

Can we get rid of corn and cultivate something else?
It's literally a huge problem wtf to do with this corn.
We sell it to Mexico, we feed it to cows, we make ethanol for fuel out of it.
Why the fuck do we have so fucking much corn?

Why does the US grow so much fucking corn, OP? Also, fuck (((soybeans))).

They need to sign the deals first, they already have one with us.

If Trump tore up that deal, they would instantly stop buying from us.

>what are tariffs?
>what are integrated supply chains?
>what are transportation costs?

That excess corn can go into alternative green energy source development. Boom, made a bullshit excuse against liberals.

Corny & gay
Sage

Wouldn't this allocate more corn so that ethanol is more viable in the US?

What century are you in friggit?
>corn energy failure 20 years ago

Ethanol will never be viable - it's insane. The only reason why they ever pushed it has to do with the graphic I posted above.

growth hormone and estrogen. fluoride was last years meme

>the cotton segment is coloured like a nigger

kek

this exactly. as an iowan i can't wait to see corn go overseas. it requires mass subsidies which farmers abuse the shit out of (new 45k trucks every year), and it destroys the soil when it's not properly rotated with soy. our soil is grey dust anymore that won't even take fertilizer in some counties. most agriculture is better to outsource to poorer nations that can do it cheaper, and if you're going to do it yourself at least mechanize the shit out of everything and refuse to pay subsidies to farmers. america should be importing corn from south america at this point not exporting it.

Here's the solution: cut the military budget
$598 billion is rather unnecessary to fight a bunch on ragheads half the world away

Ethanol is corrosive and eats engines much faster. The US government has been trying to jumpstart the ethanol industry for a few decades now in the hopes that people will want to buy it.

Now they're kinda just forcing it onto people with minimum ethanol content in cars.

Its just like the solar power bullshit and electric cars: first it starts with subsidies, then come small mandates and laws, then it because enforced.

and what do the farmers do?

*maize

Fuck that! How can we police the world without the funds?

fucking great
the hyper subsidized corn industry has to die
root of many problems like obesity (corn syrup in every processed food), or the ethanol meme

Ethanol is less energy dense than alcohol. With a little bit of math it works out to 4% less power. That's 4% more gas you have to put in your tank.
youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU

>Ethanol is corrosive and eats engines much faster.
Thats just because it's alcohol - any type of alcohol would do that, and it's not hard to convert a fuel system to be able to use it (stainless steel, etc). Alcohol is actually a badass fuel, if any of you are familiar with the racing scene at all. The reason ethanol is shit is for other (((reasons))).

How about this: we'll take those hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs back, and they can grow their own fucking corn.

They can't, that's what is propping up the currency

Corn is a fucking terrible crop to be producing at the levels we do. It's literally killing us.

Get fucked or get a better job. Unfortunately due to the style of our government, they have an absurd amount of power. They will just keep manipulating the free market until it all comes crashing down. And again, there is always the possibility that with a true free market within the farming industry that prices could rise, and then mega farms would give way to smaller family style farms.

>Ethanol is less energy dense than alcohol.
Ethanol IS alcohol moron - don't spread misinfo.

I'm sure America will fall eventually if you keep it up..............

There are no alternatives for aluminum or iron engine blocks, stainless steel fuel system would be rather expensive, and rubber is rubber. These parts get corroded and wear out faster. We already have disposable cars, lets not make them trash after 50,000 miles.

E85 is about $1/gal cheaper than gasoline, but your car must be tuned to use it. You can't go from E85 one day to gas the next. The flexfuel vehicles are a marketing gimmick because the government again is trying to get people to buy ethanol.

>liberals totally ignorant of King Corn use misinformation in attempt to manipulate the rural farmers they publicly remind everybody they hate daily

Shit, I'm a fucking idiot...
I meant gasoline. There's more ethanol in my blood than in my gas tank right now.

works fine for us, although I still prefer oil, but we use sugarcane tho. When you live my city it's miles and miles of sugarcane

Iron is completely unaffected. Aluminum blocks have fucking steel cylinder sleeves - no piston makes direct contact with aluminum. You know nothing about cars.

Go ask /o/ then.

my monsanto crops are good for you

A country that can't feed itself is not an independent nation. We don't need anywhere close to the amount of corn and wheat we grow but outsourcing our food supply to another country is incredibly stupid.

>we'll take those hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs back
good luck with that

robots probably caused more people to lose their old blue collar jobs than outsourcing
wouldn't some states pretty much go broke tho? seems politically unfeasible to just tell them to fuck off
maybe phasing the subsidies out would work
how many states could flip if you take their corn gibs away?

especially given the US is enormous and has tons of arable land

not using your natural gifts would just be dumb

>Oh no a crop that we have to already heavily subsidize in order for farmers to grow it might go down in value slightly.
WTF I love Monsanto now. Pic related of the Mexican American economic relations.

Hoosier here, we do corn. I'd rather have no Mexicans here than continue rolling in money

Yeah, I wouldn't take it as far as outsourcing everything, but the farming industry needs to stop relying on government props. If that mean outsourcing some of it then so be it. It's better than what will happen if we continue down this path... (Pic related)

they subsidize it and feed it to livestock

who cares? after south america descends into civil war mexico will have no one but us to get corn from and we can just tell them to fuck off and starve to death

fuck mexico, and fuck mexicans

They would all flip if it was done poorly. I spoke harshly to make a point, but my real hope is that the mega cooperation farmers would give way to smaller family farms after subsidised stopped stifling competition. It would be a long process though, and the American government can't seem to handle anything that takes longer than two years.

Fuck farmers. If they can't exist without subsidies, they should close shop

Cattle eat corn among other animals idiots..What the fuck..

Mexico will never get the same deal from Argentina or Brazil. The distance is much much greater. It would be on the best interest for mexico to keep the deal, or less corn tortillas for them.

They can - they are literally paid, by our government, to NOT grow other types of crops.

That's where we're at, user.

>You faggots better fix this!
Make ethanol. Run cars on corn alcohol. Have so much fuel that we drive the price of gasoline down world wide.

Or grow their own?

There are better ways of making alcohol than corn. Better types of alcohol, too. But even I don't think alcohol is the way to go, even if it makes my car go fast as fuck.

No one is even asking for a source on those numbers?

You dumb fucking nigger. If the government stopped paying them not to grow, overproduction would lower the prices of crops so much the farmers would go broke. Read about the Grangers and the Populist party of the late 1800s, as well as the AAA under FDR. You don't know what your talking about.

When I go to the store and buy an apple, the sticker more often than not says fucking Argentina. Are you intelligent enough to understand the connection here? Probably not.

who cares? our farmers use their welfare to lobby state legislatures to get more welfare. they're insanely corrupt on average.

i shouldn't have said outsource, i just meant let mexico grow their own food instead of insisting on exporting ours. it's not really a viable export for any wealthy nation when you're exporting to someone poorer than yourself who can grow it cheaper on their own. you end up taxing a healthier sector of the economy to maintain a stagnant and outdated sector that's trying to contract.

it's a win/win.

We can grow something else - crop diversity
and Mexico can improve their nutrition by eating less tortillas and chips

Oh the horror, our faggot subsidized agricultural industry might lose some shekels! #prayformonsanto
Eat shit you turbonigger

No fucking shit. Your comparing apples to corn. You have no fucking clue about the agrarian demise and FDR's time bomb do you?

Meanwhile
>But, however, we've got a problem with Mexico. Right now there's a lot of anti-American sentiment in Mexico. If the election were tomorrow in Mexico, you would probably get a left-wing, anti-American president of Mexico. That can't be good for America.
Said McCain
>Right. It would not be good for America or for Mexico.
Replied Kelly

2.5 billion is chump change. That meme is shit.

So we're subsidizing corn to send to spics to feed them so they reproduce more brown people to send right back here to commit crime and take government assistance

A simple "no, I don't understand the connection user" would've been fine.

The subsidies exist to prevent farmers from over-growing and destabilizing an economy heavily based in agriculture (1920s America). So this means two things:
>1. the total yield is currently at a lower amount than the possible yield
>2. the initial purpose of the subsidies is not necessary if the economy isn't largely based in agriculture
So I guess the real question is how big is the agricultural industry in comparison to the entire economy?
>pic related
Doesn't seem to be that big, though of course this is only one set of statistics to read. I still haven't found a good source for this specific topic.

Good, let Mexico go elsewhere.

>implying farm subsidies are a good thing

Tens of billions are wasted each year in the US and EU propping up non-competitive farmers, who provide very little support to the economy, since farms barely employ anyone today.

It doesn't matter.
Farmers are subsidized anyways and won't be allowed to fail.

>wants more corn to make HFCS
Sweets kill more than the Streets, OP

You can't just magically grow other types of crops retard. If I were a farmer on the Midwest plains, I would grow corn, because corn is well suited for the environment. Apples require completely different tools and supplies to grow. Along side of that Argentina already has a massive foothold in the apple industry, as well as better land for growing apples. Mega farms have no interest in diversifying their crops, and would go broke if they attempted to do so. It's corn or nothing.

this

>It's corn or nothing
You dumbass mother fucker. I grew up on a farm. In the small town where I grew up, well before I was born, our town was known for two main crops, believe it or not: tomatoes and grapes. Do you know what they grow now? Fucking corn.

>since farms barely employ anyone today.
Yep, yet Agricultural expenses is the 5th highest budget expense, more than double the expenses of Education, which is a money hemorrhage in itself. The amount of money wasted on nothing is truly a sight.

I'm saying the exact opposite! Im saying that subsidies are just a ticking time bomb that stifle.the free market! Now that they are in place, all we can do is sit back and wait for the farming market to go up in flames. Even if we remove the subsidises the farmers will destroy themselves with over production. There is no good solution.

a farmer recently grew edamame here in iowa and made 6x more per acre than he did with corn. the midwest is great for all kinds of crops, it's a crying shame they don't diversify more. instead they grow corn, it gets made into high fructose syrup, pumped into everything, and consumed in mass quantities making us all fat.

I quoted the wrong person. My bad.

Farmers are dole niggers who's "profits" are composed almost entirely of government handouts. Fuck them a fuck you. Get a real job faggot, this isn't 1700 anymore.

Guess why they grow corn? Fucking subsidies. And guess what happens when we take them off the subsidies? A full blown market crash. There is nothing we can do, because FDR fucked us.

Then so be it. But I think you're full of shit anyway.

They might provide little support to the economy, but national security takes priority.

Isn't edamame soy? I'm pretty sure soy is a part of the subsidies. Soy is being pumped into everything like corn was not long ago.
It also has quite a large market share.
>A full blown market crash.
Probably not. The agricultural market share is not nearly as big of a percentage of the total economy as it was back when the subsidies initially went into place.

If there are so many options for other crops to grow, why do the farmers only grow corn?