Post modernism: the death of beauty

this painting sold for $110.5 million dollars. it is the most expensive american art piece of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At least it looks like a thing.
We've reverted to cave paintings.
Just 1000 more years until art returns.

Who gives a shit, just rich people putting there money into more things to hold value somehow.

The deterioration of art is not a good thing. As standards of quality lower, standards of life will reduce as well.

Looks cool. Id probably buy if I had tens of billions

This evilness has destroyed culture and therefore the quality of life. All of this in turn affects one general outlook on life and the meaning of existence itself.

The high suicide rate in our culture is no coincidence! it is directly linked to the decay of society.

I've seen some more beautiful "art" in Brooklyn and Berlin streets.
And it's free.
All it takes is to walk around.

Money laundering.

Looks like something I'd draw on the back of my notebook in 6th grade

>hold value
I think it's overt covert payment for illegal services.
When you make large transactions it's gotta be for something or it'll get investigated.
The rich like their artsy crap because that's how they swap money.
Also the CIA is well-integrated into the high-end art scene.

shit like this just sounds like money laundering to me

its a good painting, but not 110mil good.

Basquiat is drug using trash. I never understood the hype.

Looks like a piece of shit.

Probably just money laundering

>rich people have money to influence direction of society
>XD WHO GIVES A SHIT
Fucking cuckservatives.

This will sound retarded but how does money laundering work? Is it just getting rid of counted bill, dirty money and money that can be tracked? How do they get the assets back from buying something like that?

Finance fag here. Money laundering is really quite simple.

1. Placement
2. Layering
3. Integration

The purchase of "art" would be step 3.

There is nothing more tragic in the art world today than the belief that beauty in art is subjective. A monkey could make the art that modernism calls 'beautiful' nowadays. Pic related is something the likes of which we will never see praised in our lifetimes.

Everyone knows modern art is god awful, someone being stupid enough to pay for it doesn't make it good.

Why do they always by useless shit like that? I imagine crypto made the game a lot easier.

enjoy your nickleback and landscape paintings you cultural paupers

Bruh, this art is money laundering.

This has nothing to with culture. It is a high density, tax free investment.

you know I knew this was done by that degenerate Haitian... dear Lord , do not spare this earth for my sake. Amen.

>art piece

The point isn't what they are spending the money on, they just want to clean the money. Crypto is good for anonymous transactioms, the problem with crypto is liquidity. Comberting tens of millions of dollars worth of crypto at one time would be very difficult, anf most if not all exchanges I know of require valid ID and regostration.

>t. Emmanuel Goldberg

How? No body else will buy this garbage

If I had a foot fetish, Those feet would totally turn me on

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

how is it money laundering? You don't buy that painting with $110 million of paper bills.