OUR CHURCH

>Conversions gradually transforming Orthodox Christianity

>More than 70 percent of the roughly 75,000 Antiochian Orthodox Christians in the United States are converts. The Orthodox Church in America, with roots in Moscow and about 85,000 adherents, reports a 50 percent figure. In Greek Orthodox Christianity, by far the largest branch in the United States with almost 480,000 members, it's about 25 percent.

>"We have these ethnic titles in our names, but they refer to where our hierarchies reside," Gilbert says. "None of these [jurisdictions] believes the church is for Greeks or Russians or Serbs. It's a church for humans."

>The strength of Orthodox Christianity— also known as Eastern Christianity, Eastern Orthodoxy or Greek Orthodoxy — stems from the conviction that its traditions are the same as those practiced by Jesus' original followers, the 12 apostles, and the theologians who codified those practices in their writings over the first few centuries after his death.

baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-non-greek-greek-orthodox-priest-20170624-story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

sltrib.com/home/5243596-155/utah-mormons-protestants-finding-new-spiritual
biblehub.com/matthew/19-9.htm
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/did-jesus-say-adultery-is-grounds-for-divorce
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cool

Orthodoxism might be below Protestantism in its theological purity, but it's miles above the superstitious idolatry that is the Catholic church.

The catholic chruch is the true church. The only church!

love it

Sup Forums is an Orthodox board

>Utah Mormons and Protestants are rediscovering a reverence for God by converting to Orthodoxy.

>That certainly is the case for Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Christian Church in downtown Salt Lake City. The Rev. Justin Havens says the church, located in a former Jewish synagogue at 355 S. 300 East, had fewer than 100 worshippers when he became its priest nine years ago.

>"We have almost tripled in size since then," Havens says. "I would say 60 percent or more of our parish is made up of converts. About half of those are former LDS [Mormons], and the rest are former Protestants and evangelicals, along with a few former Catholics and Episcopalians."
sltrib.com/home/5243596-155/utah-mormons-protestants-finding-new-spiritual

>"At first, I didn't understand a thing. But I kept studying it; I had always wanted to know the truth," she says. "I realized the Orthodox Church had been around for 2,000 years, had carefully guarded their theology and had not allowed popular beliefs to change them."

>diddles little boys
>""""true church""""
nope

you mean orthodox kike lies to keep you pacified.

>Pope is a pervert
>true church

lol, Orthodoxy is Catholicism minus the Papacy and with a Greek instead of a Latin spin.

>Orthodoxy is Catholicism minus the Papacy
Good to see American education at work. Look up the current patriarchs for the orthodox churches, cunt. They literally have popes.

The position of the patriarchs is hardly equal to that of the Pope in the Catholic church. I know that they claim they're equal with the bishop of Rome, but they're not.

Fuck off with your shifting the goalposts attempt to redefine your argument.

Pope ≠ Patriarch

Why don't you ortho-niggers get that through your thick oriental skulls?

The Bishop of Old Rome lost his unique status to the Bishop of New Rome (a.k.a. Constantinople) at the Council of Chalcedon.

As an Orthodox Christian I could never understand the catechisms of the Catholic/Protestant/Oriental denominations other than as a grab for worldly power.

The patriarchs can't define dogma you heretical imbecile.

Question, do you also insist on Mary being a virgin or is that a catholic thing?

It's also Orthodox

Proddie unawares, Orthodoxy or bust, the rest is make-it-along-as-you-go proddie stuff or hail lucifer catholicism .

>had carefully guarded their theology and had not allowed popular beliefs to change them.

This is false, the orthodox are as stuck on anti-White nonsense as any other church. They are only too happy to let politics define their theology, at least in America.

SHUT UP KIKE ALREADY
ffs with the shilling, European Orthodox are pro white you fucker , Ethiopian Orthodox are pro black, to each their own.

>Kikes are TERRIFIED of Orthodoxy

Where are the Old Believers on your timeline?

Anglicanism > all

Old Calendarists? they just use a calendar 2 weeks back .

not even a thing
So Brother Nathanael says that jews fear a strong white Christian Leader, I believe what they really fear is a strong (Orthodox or not, but rather) Christian West .

Think about it, a strong White Orthodox patriotic movement in the Western societies, who is going to be pushed back ? The jewry of the West with diversity/degeneracy.

>They're fucking terrified

> protestant
> theological purity

protestants in america are the most degenerate people

Better than nothing but still heathens.

'heathens' while being the original Christians, nice try kike , I think we really have to get America Orthodox afterall, just to get rid of the shilling,it's worth it.

Orthodox Christianity isn't American. People should ashere to the sects specific to their country.

isnt america also land of the free?

No he didn't. Constantinople was declared 2nd to Rome at chalcedon after the constantinopolitan bishops jockeyed for power at the behest of the emperor.

it's growing more and more, goodbye kikes you're out Orthodox in, try tell Orthodox Whites 'dear white guys you're racist' they will say thank you.

Ethiopians are Caucasian not negroid. Hemitic peoples are a sub group of Caucasian and more closely related to Aryan than to negroids

I hear St Andrew the Apostle founded the patriarchate of America after founding the patriarchates of constantinople and mars

Orthobros I have a question. Why do you allow divorce now? The catholic and apostolic church has never allowed divorce

There are people who actually believe this

still niggers
because allows 3 marriages incase wife is bitch

There are people who actually believe this

Based

>>Conversions gradually transforming Orthodox Christianity
Orthodox aren't Christian

>be Anglitard
>leave church for divorce
>"We are the truest interpretations of Jesus' message"
Orthodoxy is catholicism without Papacy, Greek instead of Latin, and some bs about icons nobody gives a shit about anymore.

>I'm, I want to post about my dumb superstions
>I know, Sup Forums is the place for that shit
No, it isn't.

But it's not possible to remarry while your wife is still alive. Only death can separate a union. Jesus himself said this. Tradition has upheld this and then the supposedly unchanged orthodox church decided to change this ancient tradition and practice heterodox practices that contravene god's law

Also filoque.

Orthodox church doesn't allow for divorce, it just allows for re-marriage up to 3 times. But you have to have a legitimate reason, like adultery or death of the spouse.

Matthew 19:9
>I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

The holy spirit proceeds from father to the son and then proceeds from the son to the world in one procession. This is Orthodox theology. The only reason Constantinople objects to the filioque is because it wasn't authorised by ecumenical council. However ecumenical council has never been the sole way of defining dogma and doctrine. Truth exists regardless of whether you have an ecumenical council on it or not

Orthodox believe the truth
If someone is """"""Christian"""""" its the Orthodox
Orthodoxy is what you inherit from the Old Church
there must be grounds for it kiketard like rusanon says

>orthodox/ˈɔːθədɒks/
>adjective
>following or conforming to the traditional or generally accepted rules or beliefs of a religion, philosophy, or practice.

>Traditional Christianity isnt Christian
Ok Shlomo

Judaism didn't even fucking exist then you pagan nigger.
Christ was a judean and didn't practice Judaism that is practiced today.

That Matthew quote is better understood as meaning "even in cases of adultery". The church has never allowed divorce for any reason other than death. Not even adultery can separate a marital union. Constantinople has gone even further by saying that things like abuse neglect or drug use can count as adultery and basically reducing marriage to the civil on demand divorce system. This is entirely degenerate

The only grounds for divorce are death. It is impossible for man and wife to divorce. Constantinople ignores this universal truth and bastardises marriage with on demand divorces

t. butthurt kike explains scripture as it fits him

PROTESTANTISM IS A KIKELOVER ABOMINATION OF A RELIGION

>its is better understood as being a cuck
>not being a cuck is degenerate
biblehub.com/matthew/19-9.htm
Not a single translation has your cucked meaning. I guess you have to find another reason for your fetish you degenerate cuckold.

>>Traditional Christianity
It's traditional paganism, not Christianity at all

Learn the history of church traditions before you call yourself orthodox. The church has never allowed divorce. Why did Constantinople rewrite this

Also I'm talking about koine Greek meaning of "except" not retarded protestant translations.

This has always been orthodox church theology

You are right there. Catholicism and Orthodoxia are ~90% european pagan. Protestantism on the other hand is catholicism is - 80% european paganism + 110% judaism.

Not Luther

When Americans say Christian they mean some 40 year old non denominational church where the service just consists of getting together for snacks and listening to some "Jesus is my boyfriend" Rock music and saying "yay God! I love God!"

>Matthew 19:9
it just said except in case of adultery,what the hell are you , blind ? No amount of jewing will get you out of this
and no amount of arbitrary jewmonkey shit flinging will stop the vibrant growth of the Church of Christ, the Greek is parektos, literally 'except'.

make up your mind jews

>the Greek is parektos, literally 'except'
Can confirm

Cant tell if legitimately retarded or just shitposting

catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/did-jesus-say-adultery-is-grounds-for-divorce

Read this. You misinterpret what Jesus says

Your move cucktholic.

I don't read the justifications of catholics at all they're worthless , probably has a QR code for an indulgeance so I can send some money and be forgiven at the end of that link.

take greekanon's word for it.

OK I'll gibs you cliff notes. The adultery clause only appears in Matthew. Everywhere else it is said that it is impossible to divorce only by death. The church then carried on this tradition and only constantinople has begun to allow divorce. Now who do you think interpreted Jesus' words correctly. You or the apostles?

Also why does Constantinople allow divorce on other grounds like neglect abuse and drug use?

This. Orthodoxy is a rationalized/evolved version of the original Greco-Roman religion. Catholicism only to some extent.

Protestantism, and especially Evangelism, is Messianic Judaism is essence. They follow the Bible and lack any kind of tradition that doesn't stem from it. The Bible is not very important in Orthodoxy.

I think Antiochian Orthodoxy is a great vehicle for Orthodoxising America. Out of all Greek Orthodox churches, it's the second most universal one (after Jerusalem, obviously), and certainly the least ethnic one. For example, followers of the Constantinopolitan Church are expected to have some sort of Greek connection, and Russian Orthodoxy is definitely rooted in Slavic tradition.

But the Antiochian church, not so much. It's the most ancient church, and its culture has a certain plasticity in it. Perfect for America.

Also, note that its patriarchate is threatened by lack of practitioners, and the present-day situation in Syria doesn't help. American conversion could pretty much revolutionize it.

Yes, but Christian Orthodoxy isn't American. There's a difference between pointing something out and wanting to force something, idiot.

ok so matthew, you or matthew/?

might as well become , but with a liturgy in English then it will be the American Orthodox Church and likewise in other countries, Christ is for everybody

The apostles say that it is impossible to divorce. Only death dissolves a marriage. Matthew doesn't state adultery is grounds for divorce, you do. So the question is your interpretation of Matthew vs the apostles

I'm sorry but you're lying , he says it clear as day and for good reason, an adulterous couple has broken its vows and will never be the same they have been destroyed .

Then you need to study history

>The Bible is not very important in Orthodoxy
So forget about Jesus tradition is god?

Yes.

I didn't realise you spoke Aramaic, read koine greek, had authority to interpret holy scripture and understood the culture of the Jews and the context of Matthews work. It is not clear as night and day otherwise the other apostles would have clearly reaffirmed it and st Paul would not have said that only death dissolves a marriage. Was st Paul wrong? "Til death do us part" not "til adultery or death do us part"

In ancient times it meant often the same. In most areas of Europe, ppl who commited adultery were banished, or death by hanging. That is where those bogcorpses with rope around their neck come from. They were thrown in there so their names would be forgotten and noone could pay respects at the graves of those unworthy ppl.

Indeed. But it was the execution and death that ended the marriage not divorce.

thats not what he fucking said , where you think all the biblical quotes come from in Orthodoxy, from the Bible.

No you 'god bless israhell' kike , you're in the other thread right now, I said it very well, shit flinging jews.
>Never forget about Jesus in Orthodoxy, He is pivotal unlike other ~Christians.

Look you can't be dealt with seriously. If you don't have any understanding at all of what sort of life you live in with no common sense what so ever it's not my fault, noone wants an adulterous spouse for life , he will probably kill her esp. if she is a repeat adulteress. Or if she flees with someone and vanishes so the man can eternally not remarry. You are geeky and quite daft. A true catholic, or catholcuck as I call them.

This is an inherently unChristian viewpoint. Ethnicism is the primary reason Orthodoxy has taken so long to spread in the US.

It could be argued that since everything else is an off-shoot that nothing else besides Orthodoxy is Christian but I don't subscribe to that viewpoint.

>No you 'god bless israhell' kike , you're in the other thread right now, I said it very well, shit flinging jews
What the fuck are you even talking about, memeflagfag? Are you too retarded to follow a thread on Sup Forums?

ahaha laughs the kike thinking it meant anything,am I? you're in the kike idf thread praising israhell

>neck yourself faggot

Contrary to popular belief, I am not the only inhabitant of Austria. Also read my posts you massive dummy. I literally rejected all jewish parts of Catholicism and am some kind of catholic/pagan traditon hybrid at this point. Stop being stupid.

I honestly expect a continuing, global surge in Orthodox Christianity. The more modern sects are consistently debasing themselves and alienating their followers, Orthodoxy is one of the few doctrines that isn't jumping on the degeneracy train.

>pagan
wel you should Orthodox, jidf larp as pagans to get the natsocs off of the White Christian train, because noone listens to a pagan cuck nazi , whereas a devout White Christian shits their pants

>Ex Mormons
>wants orthodox beer and whoring Jesus vs strict Mormon Jesus
You can have them all

The fact that you can't respond with theological rebuttals any only insults indicates you are immature in the faith and are probably just larping as a christian. Remember the east is catholic too. Just look at the name of your church

Eastern Orthodoxy is a cucked shit. It's all about money making and political influence.
Yep, I know it is hard to admit it after years of shilling, but it is reality.

I don't need a theological argument you stupid geek, but if you really need one yourself , go look at fucking matthewwhat a joke, what an imbecile, I swear the catholcucs are broken in the mind, and a bunch of kiddie fidlers who protect their own so they fiddle again and again , you personally and your church are an example of what it means to be a pretentious disgrace.

Ukraine is cucked, Orthodoxy is fine and they have all the money in the world.

Then why is it, that in all bibles and in all ancient translations, including Georgian, it is "except for", you cuckolded freak?

The Council of Chalcedon was a canonical ecumenical council. To slander or dismiss it by claiming that it is the result of "constantinoplian bishops jockey[ing] for power at the behest of the emperor" is heresy and is tantamount to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and against the assurance of Jesus Christ that the gates of hell will not prevail against his Church. The Bishops of this Council granted "equal privileges to the most holy throne of New Rome" as that granted by the Church Fathers "to the throne of old Rome". Papist obstinacy, pride, and hunger for power are the reasons the Church is not united and one as Jesus Christ and his Father are one.

funnily enough, the position of Patriarch of Rome ("Pope") vis-a-vis other Patriarchs is the same as duke of Qin vis-a-vis other Zhou/Chinese states.
Only Papists never managed to lead proper Believers to their lies, but only strangers (Amerindians, Africans, Asians)

Is it the religion or just Russians?

>tfw our local church is St Gregory & uses all the Orthodox symbology but is a high church.
I don't know how I feel about this.

Yeah sure thing buddy. Muh white christian, judeo-christian european bullshit. Next thing you are going to write is that you were only pretending to be retarded.