The fucking leftists in LA are cutting down on traffic lanes throughout the city...

The fucking leftists in LA are cutting down on traffic lanes throughout the city. The plan is to force alternative transportation. This is dangerous because more accidents are happening and people are going to get killed. #GridlockGarcetti, #BadIdeaBonin

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/887838406432047104
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-2016-metro-ridership-decline-20170209-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CWN3mzS09i4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only news outlet talking about it is KFI AM 640 but more people need to know that people in LA are suffering at the hands of deranged leftists.

The plan is called Mobility Plan 2035.

The current traffic situation is terrible. It takes me over an hour to commute from Hollywood to Santa Monica. The entire westside of the city is fucked.

We need an alternative transportation plan. I'm all in favor of more trains, and faster trains.

Fuck off shill, we need more lanes, or at least the original amount of lanes for now. You do know that they want to cut some streets down to one lane each way?

what a stupid thing to do

why don't they do a congestion charge or a priority lane?

Nobody gives a flying fuck about California, let alone LA.

>no one cares about california
>california is the biggest populace of Sup Forums posters

>kfi am 640

Nothing like listening to 2 conservatives brow beating leftist California political low hanging fruit for a few hours while sitting in I-5 traffic on the way back to suffering before the next day of work.

Haven't heard much about that 63 cent gas tax either.

I'm an expert who has watched two videos on Youtube.

They hinted at two ideas which surprised me:

Expanding main street will drive more people to main street, and away from (say) the arteries running parallel directly north and south. So you can make the problem worse by expanding a popular street, and also

Traffic problems increase exponentially. So each new car is worse than the last. Some systems have been designed to prevent people from joining a highway by only letting 1 car on per 10 seconds.

source:
hell i don't remember

Yea and all they do is complain and shit up the board with their degenerate communism. How about you do us all a favor and kill yourself.

Which one is John and which one is Ken? Is the angry one John?

>Which one is John and which one is Ken?
I don't even know.
>Is the angry one John?
They both get riled into a raving mess, user.

Good. Fuck Commiefornia. Let it implode.

This is Mike Bonin who did this.

>The fucking leftists in LA are cutting down on traffic lanes throughout the city
Are leftards unable to have a single good idea? This is like amputating your arm because it's dirty and you don't want to wash it.

Serves you right for living in Commiefornia. Now stay in your containment zone and shut up already.

>people in LA dying
>this is somehow bad

I hear John and Ken talking about this all the time (I live in the bay now but still listen to KFI). They are basically turning your roads into our shit tier roads. Good luck.

La traffic structure getting diabites because of liberals. How is this city not dead yet

>mfw John and Ken are on Sup Forums shilling their radio show

That's a real communist approach to a problem they take punitive measures on people using the fucking roads.

>we need more lanes
I have a suggestion. You keep the exact same number of lanes but you personally start shooting every Californian person you see. Less trash human beings from California like yourself means less traffic. Now kindly kill yourselves

LA doesn't need fancy public transportation, we just need more lanes and more streets for fucks sake

This is vile social engineering

right....and who's tax dollars paid for the roads to begin with

Babies in LA are only 17% white in 2014.
Leave that shit hole or you deserve what you get

>california is the biggest populace of shitposters
FTFY

>implying more lanes does not cause increased traffic
Nice try cagers, but its been already debunked. More lanes just creates additional incentives to drive and disincentives the use of other modes of transport. It's called Induced demand (seriously google it). So at least in theory less traffic lanes should lead to more people using public transport/biking/walking.

The plan would probably work in a real city. But not in a car centric hellhole of sprawling suburbs intertwined with highways, where walking is impossible and the biggest tram network in the world has been dismantled. Anyway enjoy your traffic jams Commiefornians, it's not like you brought it upon yourselves or anything.

Dude they did that on the 405 and it didn't do shit. Unless we have less people we need more trains.

The 405 during rush hour is a literal living hell

Its kinda a forced thing going on its part of agenda 21 reason the the gas tax in California they want to get rid of cars but make more toll roads and a jew is in charge of everything

for those unaware of California's governor

This is bad because public transport around here is toilet trash

>living in LA
>not using the public transit system

Save for the occasional feral nigger on the red line commuting around LA isn't too bad. I used to commute from the valley to Westwood on a daily basis and it was better than if I had taken a car.

Can't tell you how many stupid fucks I encounter on the daily trying to cross the street without using the crosswalk in North Hollywood with no fucks given for the cars mobbing on the streets. Honestly hard for me to feel bad for them when they get hit.

Maybe I'd they stopped giving illegals driver's licenses there might be less traffic

is ca really the biggest Sup Forumsster population?
im from san jose

>Sup Forums hates blacks, hispanics, and jews
>Sup Forums meetups are always full of blacks, hispanics, and jews

>b-but m-muh tax dollers!
Get to work, Slave!

I started biking and for some commutes it's the same time. Or you only save 20 minutes.

>north hollywood
>someone actually lives in this shithole, willingly

Honestly, this post is pretty spot on

>That's a real communist solution

Hate to brake it to you Bruce, but road transport is the most communist transport form of all. Motorists are the most subsidized group of people and building roads sucks in more taxes than any other mode of transport. Face it, if not for the big government building roads most of you lot would have nowhere to drive to.

Trains on the other hand use infrastructure paid for by the customers, and for the most part (until governments started nationalizing railways) are a free market solution.

ya man I grew up in Thousand Oaks though and had to move here due to school. I'm a based redpill guy trying to get by cuck central with the dream that hopefully I can contribute to the white race and help make cali red again. Just chasin that dream man..

Hayward here muhfugga

>make cali red again

We must try man, I'd be damned if I let the beaners and niggers take this state without a fight. Fight to the last mag

mmm cant wait until the day personal car transit is over. When the weak limp wristed carfags start whining I'll be glad to crush those commie scum with muh big quads from riding bike everywhere.

Can North Hollywood really be called cuck central if it's filled with Armenians and Mexicans?

This shit is in the works. This shit has nothing to do with lower emissions at all. They want the citizens of Cali to rely on government for everything, especially the "freedom" of locomotion.

twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/887838406432047104

Welcome to the Orwellian Nightmare.

There are some conservatives in California as well. Have pity for them... But damn, one thing I do know is what if the state turns red if Trump blows voter fraud wide open? In addition to more redpilling.

>muh induced demand
This is literally what every biker group spouts in their meeting.
Induced demand is a balance. Obviously it's retarded to turn a freeway into a two-lane street and expect it to work because people will find alternate routes. The same thing goes if you take an inner city street and turn it into a 4-lane road.

There will always be a 'fixed' amount of transportation. Cities like Portland, that have invested significantly in public transportation, still only see roughly 25% using bike and public combined.

yep! got out of that cesspool and now live in paradice. have at it

The worst part is no one is even fucking using these goddamn cut lanes. Two main streets I used already got fucked with bike lane add-ons. All it did was make a massive swarm of traffic. The street used to be a smooth drive before this shit. Not a single person use these bike lanes either. What a fucking waste man. I hope California secedes so I can move out knowing this shithole will certainly die.

Roads are freedom, without the car and road networks we would be trapped in an Orwellian nightmare world.

When this doesn't work will they double down and just roadblock off streets?

But they already rely on government to build and maintain the roads.
Also how exactly is incentivizing competition an Orwellian nightmare?

That's what gives me hope tbqh but let's be real, there's going to be so much crying that lefties with probably drop their toys and leave their daycares to prevent that from happening. I still think we gotta fair shot with the voter fraud and sanctuary city status being on the crackdown coming up.Meh from my experience it's more liberal white girls and blacks especially around lankershim and vineland blvd. I find more armenians and russians in the van nuys/ sherman oaks area. The mexicans are just everywhere that's a given

Blow both Seth Rich or Wiretapping + Voter Fraud Proof = Dead California Liberals

So you're telling me they spent tax payer money to build these roads in a city that's famous for traffic jams.

And now they're spending more tax payer money to make it so their people can't use the roads?

That's downright Kafkaesque.

I hadn't read your post when I made mine, hive mind.

All the anger and the REEEEEEE will wear them out though. Remember, you want to make liberals exhausted. They are weaker when they get too angry and get tired.

Cars are wasteful. What is the point of moving 1000k of metal to move 200kg of Burger?

that is true, they can't handle the chad-ness and the resilience of a true american patriot

>LA
>people are going to get killed
don't see a problem here.

Look, the induced demand thing is just a theory. It works in "real" cities with a dense urban core (like cities in Asia, Europe or NewYork). But I don't really see it working in LA or Commiefornia.

Like I wrote, I don't really see it working in LA or Commiefornia. Most of the "city" has been build around car transport from the get go. The suburban sprawl is just not dense enough to maintain an economically feasible public transport and the distances are to far for a walkable environment. Also huge parts of the population makes it necessary to move around in an armored cage to just stay alive. So unless LA is nuked from orbit and rebuilt anew, highways and cars is all you've got.

Good. Fuck LA

Also San Jose.

It's the most populated state so it would make sense.

I barely ever see any whites around North Hollywood, honestly. Just a whole lot of brown from various Hispanics and the occasional Indian or person from the middle east. Though I wouldn't doubt that the arts distinct does attract liberal white girls though, they keep pushing those new apartments hard on young people and trying to make it seem great to pay 2k for a studio apartment.

Why don't we just make a giant saw, cut around LA, and push it off into the ocean?

>without car we would be trapped in an Orwellian nightmare world
Wew, and I thought that Mad Max was just a work of fiction.
I feel sorry for you lads. At least down here we can walk around the neighborhood without being attacked by wasteland riders or scavengers.

>Most of the "city" has been build around car transport from the get go.

Which is pretty funny, things are like this in the USA because GM bought out the trolley car industry and melted them all down. Besides, having a car and being able to go anywhere you want is quintessentially American. Living like a bunch of bees, relying on buses, taxis, and trains is for Europeons and Chinks of every flavor.

Ya i really got lucky that I room with my cousin who already has this house paid off so I'm paying200$ monthly just for the utilities that I use and it's really just great. Although I gotta clean my room up so I can start to bring those dumbbass liberals back to my place for some conservative smack downs with my dick

fuck off Poland, keep your communist shit out of California. We already have enough idiots that believe this shit.

More Lanes = Less Traffic

The truth is most of Australia is urban sprawl as well and we would be fucked without our cars.

>Like I wrote, I don't really see it working in LA or Commiefornia.
It works semi well in SF and Sacramento. I visit a friend of mine that lives in the bay area. We usually park at a BART station in Milbrae and take it into the city. But it's slow and become more crime infested.

The light rail in Sacramento is pretty aright. Not perfect but gets the job done.

Just walk into the nearest cafe on poetry slam night and pretend to care. Or go to one of the many LGBT club parties, most of the girls there are willing to go home with a guy.

.09% of the California population here. No one takes buses, trains, light rail, or other homeless infested transportation methods.

California is the biggest lost cause.

I have totally written that place off.

It is a famous dystopian fantasy. However, it seems to be more of a prophecy everyday.

Yeah, because they aren't infected with HIV at all from having been rode hard and hung up wet.

>t. shut in neckbeard

I've been all over the state, and there is more public transportation than you believe. Fresno usually has full buses. Merced has started getting fuller since the UC has been over accepting people.

Even Clovis had pretty good public transportation until Uber took over. Try to get out and see the state.

Pretty sure they're the first ones to coin the term 'anchor-baby' though

>retards in cars who pollute, endanger us all, and can't drive but for some reason have a license are crashing into each other hopefully dying off for a better tomorrow

>in other news charles darwin heard laughng from beyond the grave

more news at 11

Almost every metro line is alright with the exception of the blue line which is nigger central and the red line which is half the time nigger central. The Mexicans usually stick to themselves so you don't have to worry about them bothering you. Public transit is fine but most just aren't used to it.

>not using a condom
For what reason?

I mostly use the Metro anyway since I'm a DTLA fag.

I know I need to work on my liberal talk. I try with the whole "trump is a racist" and "obamacare rocks" bit but I still stick out like a sore thumb goddamnit.

Like anyone else cares what your commie shithole town does

>t. le progressive cunt

ya people sure are riding public transport... oh wait
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-2016-metro-ridership-decline-20170209-story.html

the raindrop never blames itself for the flood

please tell us more things wrong with your life that are other peoples fault

Here's an extremely funny John and Ken show clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=CWN3mzS09i4

no, you must go back

Woah, you posted an article that coincided with the insinuation in the OP. Yet you avoided all the other cities I said.

Also, riding the bus while saving up for a car makes me progressive? Did mom just chauffeur around the young prince?

>mfw jump the fare 90% of the time when on the metro (only pay when security is around)
>mfw never been caught (yet)
>mfw contributing to its decline but don't give a fuck

Because if somebody hits you at 85mph in an aluminum piece of shit you are all dead no matter what.

Good, hopefully you're one of them so we have one less person posting this garbage