Why are millennials having a hard time paying off their student loans?

Why are millennials having a hard time paying off their student loans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QPKKQnijnsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're buying avocado toast after getting a degree in something that will not generate any sort of agreeable income that could help pay off their loans.

Because they are lazy and used to having everything handed to them. Never worked a day in their life.

Why do you post the same b.s. threads with the same starters and same chick as your op without any actual discussion points brought up by yourself?

Because they can't find a job with a high enough pay or a job at all. Most of that is due to their shit major choice. a Little is due to the economy and work situations

And why isn't he banned? Yet another obvious shill divide and conquer thread. Get in your box people, no need to work together, if you're a "millennial" you should be against everyone else.

One reason: shit degrees:

>134232416

hideously inflated student loan costs, stagnant wages, and lack of jobs for their degrees despite being told by everyone they're supposed to be able to trust that it was fine they'd pay it off no problem.

just waiting for btc to hit 100K. any day now

because their degenerate, liberal university degrees don't amount for shit

whos this qt

SHITPOSTING TASRAFMKLFNS
UN IS JEWISH AGENDA
HITLER WAS SEMI RIGHT
EVERYBODY WANTS TO KILL POLAND
CIRCUMSISION CREATES CHANGE IN BRAIN
JEWS ARE FROM OUTER SPACE
HOW TO MAKE OMELETTE"
BREAK 2 EGGS, ADD FLOUR
I LIKE TRAINS
OP IS GAY

Parent's don't teach them shit.

This woman being the mascot for everything wrong with millenials is one of my favorite memes.

something about her face looks off...its like a fake cute i cant put a word to it

THE JOKE IS THAT IT IS A TRANS DUDE
CONGRATZ YOU ARE GAY
MILLENIALS DO NOT HAVE PARENTS THEY ARE BORN FROM GLASS JARS THAT JEWS CUM INTO

What about this lady?

IT IS A DUDE JEWISH ORGANIZATION MEANT TO KILL ALL WHITE PEOPLE
WHY CANNOT YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR CHILDREN?

Nice, just bought 100k

Because 99% of the population only has 40% of the country's total income*, and lack of regulation allows huge companies to merge in non competitive ways that cripple the job market and the free market on top of a private higher education system whose prices are always increasing. To cap that off, federal loans are super shitty with their interest rates so when you need the most help searching for that first job, your loan gathers a fuck ton of interest crippling you further.

* youtu.be/QPKKQnijnsM

I'm a millennial. Have no student loans, no credit cards either. I'm not a fancy fuck, don't need newest sham wows. I make what I have last and can make due with little. I'm survivor. I rarely treat myself, so I just bought myself a new Martin D-18 guitar. That's my big purchase of the year. I pay my rent, internet, buy a littlebit of food, and save the rest.

>Be me, a millennial
>Join Military at 18
>Gain work experience
>Have college paid by government

They are lazy and entitled. Even if I didn't join the military, I could go to a trade school and earn money to pay for school.

Mouth is smiling, eyes are not.

Just graduated with 5k in debt, I feel great, but my major calls upon me to get a master's... I kinda wish I spent the last year's doing a trade instead. Fuck kinesiology.

You already have college paid for through the Pell Grant, it's literally the same thing.

pell grants used to pay for like 90 - 100% of college, that's nothing close to the case anymore

My Pell Grant paid for all of my tution and food and gas, but I did most of my undergrad over 25 yo.

The Pell Grant doesn't cover much. The GI bill covers the costs of college and gives me enough for a small apartment and the cost of living.

I'm also working towards my masters in computer engineering. Which has not been cheap.

Plus I live in commifornia and got a huge state Grant too.

They choose schools that are too expensive and they don't seek out many scholarships/grants. I graduated debt free and got into a great grad school because I picked the right place to do undergrad. Very little of my financial assistance was based on academic merit either; it was mostly circumstantial.

>mfw gen z
>mfw have Topps in my state
Feels good, mang

My roommate had everything paid for by government loans and was a complete dumbass with the money. She would be given a lump sum at the beginning of the semester and if there was anything leftover it went to fucking DVDs of Gilmore Girls and weed. If you're poor you don't live off campus. You stay in a dorm with a meal plan instead of ordering Domino's once a week.

After graduation it was too hard to get a job with her degree so went back for culinary school. Great fucking waste of money. She'll never pay any of it off and will blame everyone but herself for failing.