Ultimate Redpill

1/ I think many newer browsers on this board do not fully understand what it means to be "redpilled". I firmly believe it is about improving ones self past societies expectations, so you are prepared for whatever happens.

This is going to sound "black pilled", but I think it's true. In the end, there is little you can do to change the world unless you were born into a certain position. Immigrants maybe flooding your country, the economy might be utter trash, you may have no luck with women or perhaps you're sick of seeing moral standards decay around you.
Regardless of whether these things are true or really happening, I think the most important thing so that you can keep a level head is to focus on self-improvement.
What I do I mean?
I would start with a decent and hard look at your life. Where do I fail? What are my shortcomings? How do I feel about certain issues, am I ignorant about it?
Next, depending on how much time you have or how your mental state is I would focus on one or more issues that you uncover and how you can solve them.
How do you solve them?
I Take a scientific-like approach, have a hypothesis.
What will happen with x if I try y. Does this work? No? Why? Try fix the error in the next "experiment". Don't kid yourself, this may take time and will take some will power.
If this doesn't work for you, try researching different methods of thinking about problems, which includes realms of philosophy. I don't know where to start with philosophy, I personally research it online when I come across a new topic. There are resources available everywhere for this.
Importantly, don't keep doing the same thing again.
Once you have your life in some sort of order and can function, find a topic that isn't wasteful, and become as knowledgeable as you can it in it. This will give you some purpose and direction, regardless if it is your career or not.
Pick something within your means, be honest with what you pick. If you're a retard, pick retard subjects. Continued..

You’ll find out how intelligent you are by how quickly you learn subjects and when you hit brick walls. However, again, you need to have some will power to push through stuff that is difficult.

>I don’t have a lot of money, how can I support myself while trying to improve myself
Do anything (other than sucking dicks if you’re male). If you live in an area with lots of grass, buy a cheap mower and cut grass. Live in an apartment? Offer to clean their floors or something for some money. Sounds like shit, but until you gain a useful skill in something that’s all you have.
>I wanna be a neat
This isn’t the post for you. Wanting to be weak and vulnerable is one of the worst things that can possibly happen to someone that is male.
Once you are knowledgeable or good at something. Become wise.
How do you become wise? *Note this should be separate from your “expert” area. There is no future getting paid for knowing history, philosophy or psychology (unless you’re top in the field).
History, Philosophy, Non-meme Psychology and speaking to people that have lots of experience in life (not necessarily old). Continued…

History – I don’t mean the “communism is okay meme”. I mean from reputable books. I would start with Greek history because that ties in nicely with philosophy. You can learn a lot of classical philosophy at the same time. Wikipedia isn’t too bad at getting a general outline and using it to find books on topics it lists. Next, start with Roman and look at its politics and notable figures. Marcus Aurelius: Meditations is interesting (As a starting point). It’s also fun to look at Roman battle formations, tactics and weapons. Also, study in Greek and Roman history at the place of women in society and why they thought women should have their positions. After that, work through whatever section of history is interesting to you. I personally would work from Greek->Modern History (anything before Greek is mostly out of interest). I kind of just picked stuff up when I came across a topic relevant to that era. You’ll come to realise that Fascism has its roots in a lot of those successful, ancient civilisations.
oh yeah. To do any of this it helps to be literate and not a walking vegetable.
Philosophy – As I said a lot of the important classical Greek philosophers can be studied while reading on history, but you might want to come back to meditate on their ideas. Maybe start with Classical Greek philosophy and what you’ll find is that books and articles reference later philosophers that have thought about the classical ideas and improved upon them. Look at both sides of philosophy when it comes to modern philosophy. Especially the philosophy behind communism, as it improves your arguments against it and helps you to understand why it is a bad idea. Most of us know about, Fascism, Right-Libertarianism, Liberalism, (etc..). Nearly all of those have a basis in one sort of philosophy or another (or interpretation), look at all of it. Continued...

Psychology – Many people say psychology is a meme. I would say it is in terms of what they teach in modern psychology (as in 2017) it mostly is. But it entirely depends on who is teaching it. Usually psychologists (female) just medicate everyone because it’s the easiest thing to do.
But regardless of this, I say learn a bit of psychology to learn how to read people. Read people? What I mean is looking at their body postures to understand what emotions they are having, look at their eyes and head movements, it shows mostly how they are thinking or if they are lying or not. Learn to identify if someone is mentally ill (you’ll find many people in a position of power show symptoms). But take all this with a grain of salt. There is no guarantee that the things you learn are consistent. Use what you learn as an aid, not as a conclusion. So, if someone looks like they are lying or mentally ill, be suspicious but not conclusive.
Listen to people with experience or even just idiots – Just talk to people, it helps with your social skills. Don’t reveal your power level, but just talk to them about random issues. Psychology will help with this. If they are someone you won’t agree with, don’t tell them your views. It helps to get their ideas on the world, and think about them, so you can later use it against people like them. Have a few drinks if you need (don’t become drunk however). Go outside your comfort size when talking to people. Do not talk to women about important issues or homosexual men. In my experience, they get upset when even asking basic questions or you’ll get an emotionally biased answer that is not useful in developing your ideas and argumentative skills. Continued...

I left this out which I should have Religion – But don’t become “CHRIST IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A GAY FAG LOL XD I’M JUST TROLLIN GUYS” or even legitimate. Look at each religion by studying its ideas and the basis for those ideas. Understanding history, philosophy and to some extent, psychology will help. Religion can teach good morals, but also bad morals. Learn to identify what is useful to you and what isn’t. You’ll find a lot of the morals and ethics taught in the bible is based of Greek meditations on morality and ethics. If you choose to settle with a religion that is up to you, but don’t become an ignorant person once you do. You can be Christian whilst still questioning and learning important things. I don’t consider myself religious, but I think all religions have a basis in something and have uses to people believing in them. I am content and whole-sum without religion.

Women – This is difficult as I have not found a good answer to this.
>choose someone that is religious
>find someone that is redpilled
>if you’re not a pussy woman will follow you
>etc
It entirely depends I say. In my experience women, have not been consistent in their ideas. Making them unpredictable and volatile. One moment she will agree with you and the next she will be talking with her friends about how racist you are without telling you. It won’t be until after the relationship that you find out what her ideas really are. It can destroy your life. All I can say, is be cautious (psychology will help with this). Personal assassination is what they do and it can work very well.

Don’t tell them things (or give) that could be used against you (nudes, phrases) and don’t give them access to things you need for survival (your bank account for instance).
If they lie, that’s just something you can’t control so don’t worry about it.

I might have left some things out, but in honesty this is already pretty long. This is mostly my reflection on what I have done, or part way through in improving myself. I have no achieved all of this and I don’t think a will for another few years. But It gives people a basis to start with as other people did on this board before it was over cluttered with trash.

Cheers. Tell me if you disagree with anything.

*should not have

If this thread doesn't even get one reply, I don't know why I even bother anymore.

A good stuff man. I wish it wasn't so late so I can absorb this with a fresh mind. I'll screen shot

Thanks. I'll keep checking in on the thread but it's pretty far back in the catalog.

Bump

Pretty good
I also think to study ancient philosophy and religions is important to understand how civilization should work

Loved it

bump

Agreed.

there is some great stuff here i wish it was slightly more consolidated and better formatted though

but its 3 30 am here, my brain could just be fried
ill have to reread it tomorrow

Basically, clean up your room

I agree. I'm not very experienced at writing.
But all in all I think it gets my point across which was my intention.

Bump for interest

Actually interesting you say that.
The Greeks had a love for beauty and aesthetics. Clean is making the room look more aesthetically pleasing hence being a place where you can feel more comfortable to work in. Working in a messy environment tends to make you focus on the mess hence taking away from what is important.
I think that was partly why Greeks were so obsessed with aesthetics and partly why they had some many notable, intelligent people. That's why I like non-brutalist, Architecture.

I suppose a clean room is a metaphor for one's life. If you have a clean life, you are more pleased?

What is it you think is poor about this?
The poorly drawn star usually symbolises there is something far from perfect about it.
Someone has attempted to draw a star (with the idea of a star), and it is indefinably a star, yet it looks terrible because the execution was off.

bump for truth

Anyway. I'll likely make a thread like this in the future on my findings and revaluations.

Bump.
Anzac pride

what are the signs of mental illness

you're preaching to the choir, newfag

Great poast.

Great thread, 12/10
I definelty agree with your most important point and that is the importance of self improvement physically, mentally and spiritually, because i see lots of threads day in day out asking "how can i save the white race and europe" and "redpill me on x" im yet to see a reply talking about the importance of focusing upon improving ones self for the better before focusing on the exterior problems.

To further mention on your point about starting out, when i first got into reading philosphy i started with the prince by Niccolò Machiavelli as it basically sets out the foundation for modern politics as we know it and i thought it would be a great introduction, however truth be told i had to put it down after the second chapter it was as if the words and what they were talking about were almost completly jibberish to me, and alas i haven't picked it up since.

However i decided to take a diffrent aproach to starting out and read a more modern title in hope of greater understanding, that of Walden by Henry James Thoreau and it connected with me on more greater personal level in regards to a segment of my life where i became very trobuled, down and isolationist the book almost acted like a wake up call for me in regards to helping me improve myself and sort my life out.

ill spare you the details but i would say if your starting out in philosphy and politcal writings pick something that you think you will enjoy reading not something chronological, so that you arent turned off and scared away never again to unravel the knowledge of the world.

Bump

Good post. Interesting. Hope it gets more replies.

A thread about self improvement is far less interesting for Sup Forums than a /r9k/ woman hate thread.
Self improvement general should be a must like syria general or others, instead we have a lot of threads that needs to be moved to /bantz/ and /r9k/ sliding good posts.

Ancient Greece never existed. It's all fake ruins and history, to make the degenerate pirate ancestors of our rulers look civilized. Really, they were interbred criminal scum. Koine is a pirate dialect.