I am a musician. I make electronic music, run a label, and have been active for over years now...

I am a musician. I make electronic music, run a label, and have been active for over years now. I'm pretty famous in my field, though obviously I can't say who i am. Though my genre is pretty niche by mainstream standards, my tracks have millions of plays on Spotify etc.. I make good money from royalties and have effectively retired now in my 30's. I have a guaranteed income until the day I die and I only continue to make music because it's fun.

However, I had a dawning realisation today. Had I been born 500 years ago, I would probably have been a bard. A fucking bard. The weakest, most pathetic humans who ever existed. I'm not cut out for soldier work and hate being poor, so general farm peasantry just wouldn't cut it for me. Nope, it would have been the bards life for me. Reciting shitty poetry and annoying my patrons with crappy songs, like Ed Sheeren in that latest Game of Thrones episode. I would have probably got laid a fair bit as I'm not ugly and it's easy to manipulate docile wenches with my shitty songs, but apart from that, I'd pretty much be universally despised and ultimately, lead an unfulfilling life.

Why even continue living, now I know the truth about what I am, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTX394e00vY
youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI
youtube.com/watch?v=yceb7yE1umY
youtube.com/watch?v=YlF8NFFFzWY
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw
youtube.com/watch?v=1Rk1K5Mmnbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i make electronic music too bra
im not a pussy tho
go lift fag

If you make music, it doesn't matter how much you lift. You're still a fucking bard.

Your perspective on the past is innaccurate for more reasons than i'd care to list.
Additionally, your ancestor's sacrifices made sure your current future is the future you're living. It didn't come as a fluke, or by a flash of magic. Have good kids yourselves, 3 or more, then start returning your ancestor's sacrifice to the world.
Kind of like Elon Musk.

Also this is a larp.

Fuck your faggot genre, queerbong crybaby nigger. Kill yourself.
Hillary Clinton, John Podesta, Lynch, Rice, they're all going to prison.
Sage

im making music for my culture now.
thats how musicians fight.
give a voice to your own group.

>I am a musician
>i make electronic "music"
wew lad

Bards are underrated, the buffs they give to the rest of the party are quite useful. Dont give up.

how dare you user
theres a really electronic music scene. see below:
youtube.com/watch?v=GTX394e00vY

That was objectively shit. They need to learn an instrument.

bards in east (anatolia, caucasus, central asia) were highly respected. I'm not talking about shitty bards who did it for the shekels, I'm talking about the ones who were singing songs with esoteric wisdom and those who carried ancient myths to present day with their songs. did you know what bards were singing songs about sumerians before they were discovered by archaeologists?

maybe you should consider such a path

because you have a direction
go there but beware
because you have our attention

>Electronic
>Music
k nice LARP too here's a (you)

dj controllers are instruments

Lol you are so homo, I bet you listen to rock, metal, punk and other liberal gay bullshit. Rock ain't even music desu, its Jewish faggotry installed to turn human into fucking plants.

Cast haste and the whole party gets 2 attacks. It's like having twice the manpower.

I just make shitty webms for 8gag//wsg/

If you have as much talent as this guy , then you have my respect. Regardless if you're a weak and pathetic human being. Music heals the soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI

>Rock ain't even music desu, its Jewish faggotry installed to turn human into fucking plants.

More on this?

Tbh, punk retards, electronic music is the only genre out there that is actually music and not some gay jew degrading shit. Why are all rock stars faggots that die from either drugs or HIV, while real electronic musicians live long lives whit their sexy wifes?

Depends on the rock.
Dio has interesting songs.

Woo look at this cunt

>not ugly
>famous electronic musician
LARP detected; saged

Punk is liberal and gay?
youtube.com/watch?v=yceb7yE1umY

kekd anc checkd

kys fag

>Electronic
>Music

If you don't actually play an instrument, you're not a musician. Plugging bits and pieces of sound into a program isn't an instrument.

The music industry is as jewed as hollywood, but that doesn't mean there aren't a few semi-redpilled artists out there. You just have to look further than what you hear on the radio.

This has the potential to be a pasta on Sup Forums
Why don't you go there, Adam?

To be fair, the "mainstream" punks in America of yesterday and today are liberal as fuck.
NOFX, Descendants, Against me, etc,

All degenerates who claim they know what's best for everyone and preach about communist ideas in their music.

Even one of my favorites growing up , Propaghandi , has been a libtard on Twitter.

There is something about Fame that fucks with people, or perhaps they realize they can just sell more CDs and merch by being SJWs.

>though obviously I can't say who i am
LITERALlY WHO

Best slide comment i ever did see

Art is a very important medium as it's a means to spread symbolism and meme. Why don't you start making music with fashy subliminal intention

geez man, no life is fulfilling, are you stupid or what? i would be a bard so fucking much, people would come to my patreon's tavern just to hang around, we would be so fucking chilled

You are going to get atheist cucks mad.

No, they are appliances.

Do it for Roy. Keep being awesome.

bottle of water is an instrument. so is computer mouse. and any fucking object on earth if you aint a postmodernist asshole

Ritchie Blackmore said he'd love to be a bard and play legit reneisance music

>Also this is a larp.

Not a larp. Here's my royalty earnings from distrokid (the aggregate I use, since I own the publishing/copyright on most of my work and get full shares owed for it) in May, which is the most up-to-date record of earnings.

This also only represents about half my work, as I claim the rest via PRS (for performance rights etc) and another aggregate I use for my earlier catalogue, but don't own the full share on.

Like I say, life is good, but I'm still a fucking bard.

>bottle of water is an instrument
Where are all the bottle o water composers and virtuosos?

just for sake of elaboration : think about it that way : do you make music because of wanting to pursue your inner muse and beeing affected by your influences or you make it for gaining a certain public status?

just be glad you dont have to put up with same shit as even famous music writers had to before XX century, look up how Mozart or Bach or Chopin lived - continous debt, struggle with accomodation etc

Aviici - full blown liver chirrosis before 25.

Invent new Red Pill Based Electronic genre, Change World, Profit. Go Bill and Ted level bard.

Nope, not everything is a fucking instrument. those shitty faggot guitars aint an instrument. the don't make music, they make weird, shitty noises...

What subgenre do you play, user?

it's beeing done already - look up The Bug, or Tim Hecker and the likes

Multiple. Everything from techno to ambient, but more on the experimental side than something you'd hear in the charts, hence why I make "OK" money rather than "fuck you" money.

Lorde Please shut up.

You were never a geek, and you were never good. Post sharpie in pooper, and I'll reconsider you fucking bard.

> I make electronic music, run a label
>Had I been born 500 years ago, I would probably have been a bard

No, bards had to play actual music on an instrument, they had to learn songs and lyrics and perform live. You probably would have been a field laborer or a prostitute.

Guitars are capable of scale. Scale IS music, not random samples over a droning 4/4 beat.

Stop playing so much D&D and do some research.
There were no hoards of bards running around like some fantasy novel.
Either you were some kind of gypsy musician or you were some kind of knight / lesser nobleman playing some music in your leissure time trying to bang some chics.

Everyone else was busy working in argiculture 24/7

And like i said, you're more than a bard.
Not to be a woman, but are you feeling alright? Are you working out, making sure you get enough calories, enough nutrition and sunlight etc?
If you are physically alright then i'd recommend you read up on European history, specifically how Christianity changed Europe. If you haven't read 1984, the Bible, Crime and Punishment, or The Gulag Archipelago, i'd suggest you buy these books and make a rule of reading 50ish pages every day.
Your well-being is governed by your perspective, and to understand why you have a place in the fundament and bedrock of our world, you must understand who hacked out the proverbial seat.
And additionally, if you have free time, aside from self-improvement you could try to set up a network for underground artists. There are plenty of phenomenal artists that don't get enough exposure.

>I am a musician
>I make electronic music

These are contradictory statements.
The first requires talent.
The second requires a lack of talent.

>mfw a bard makes more than I ever will because STEM is flooded masters in EE get nothing after all the hard study

Good for you user,godspeed

Yeah but bards got tons of pussy, and the purpose of life on a universal level is to procreate, so you're above others.

Are you one of those retrowave kekistan faggots?

>hed go for a faggy singer instead of a muscular knight

Literally bad rap beats for autistic people.

You think everyone was a knight? 95% of the population back then were peasants and serfs, knights are above bards, but bards still got pussy.

Adding on to this a bit after re-reading your posts, you wouldn't be depressed or so? The tone in your writing suggests you're not happy with your success, even though you perhaps think you ought to be. As i've been depressed in the past, i got a hunch.

youtube.com/watch?v=YlF8NFFFzWY

so you mean like muscular farmers
fag

Not depressed at all, though for musicians, it's not always a bad thing. I've done pretty well and would much rather do this than a standard office day job or something, but like everything in life, you always feel like you can do more.

If you're going to die in an unmarked grave you should at least be making classical music.

You seem to miss the importance of bardery. It sends a message through a medium deeper than words. While people can argue with words easily it's harder to argue with song.

Music has the ability to bring people together and also send out a message between those people regardless of ideological positioning. You have the ability to bring the libtards of tomorrow into the light of the new dawn.

Also I'd like to know more about how you got into this. When did you start? How did you learn/practice? What programs do you use?

This. It's way easier to make music with software than it is to perform it live. The latter involves real physical work and the former involves pushing buttons in your living room.

Inb4 doxed and career ruined for being a neckbeard closet racist posting on a mongolian finger painting forum

Pretty much everyone led an unfulfilling life 500 years ago. Otherwise you would have been cannon fodder or a farmer. So what.

T tony?

Not sure why you're posting here then. Read books, learn about history (especially whatever ancestral homeland you hail from) and you'll not only become a wiser person, but a happier and healthier one.

>I have a guaranteed income until the day I die
share some deets of this assumption otherwise it is bullshit.
seinfeld makes $100 mill a year from repeats, but these aren't guaranteed what so ever after date of the contract.

you don't have royalties guaranteed for 50 years. such a claim makes what you say sound like bs.

what niche too? without that your claims are worthless

Oh, I fully understand that music is important to people. I actually have (mostly) decent fans and I like reading their stories for how my music has affected them. It gives the bards life some purpose.

>When did you start? How did you learn/practice? What programs do you use?

Started around 2000-ish, mainly messing with simple hardware and early DAW's like Reason etc.. I'm entirely self-taught. I mostly use Ableton for sequencing these days, but I'll use any DAW really. They all do the same job and ultimately, it's the notes and the sounds that matter. Kontakt is my main tool now, as I've built up a really huge library of instruments. When I do "serious" work like for film/tv etc, then I give the midi files I create to a classically trained friend who transcribes it to sheet music, for orchestras etc.. String libraries in particular are getting really good now, but there's still something lost compared to a full orchestra, with fully treated hall spaces etc..

>If you don't actually play an instrument, you're not a musician. Plugging bits and pieces of sound into a program isn't an instrument.
that is fair. but i think what most people mean by electronic musician is composer, producer, engineer, sound designer etc combined. they are making music ergo a musician.
a few people say piano player instead of musician.

Well, nothing is guaranteed 100% of course, but short of civilization failing, I'll continue to get writer royalty payments every month (or 3 months for the performance/mechanicals etc)

>I'll continue to get writer royalty payments every month
until people stop listening to your music. or until people stop listening to spotify playlists containing your music.

have you ever gotten a BBC royalty? if not, then your time in the sun is limited.

you wouldn't have been a bard cos you can't play an instrument

Do you cunts shouting slide even know what thread sliding is?

That is beautiful user

>until people stop listening to your music. or until people stop listening to spotify playlists containing your music

People don't really stop listening to music. Indivduals might, but there's always someone else discovering it to take their place. Numbers have grown every month since I started, so again, short of some catastrophe, it's very unlikely. If/when Spotify fails, something else will take its place. That's just how this works.

>have you ever gotten a BBC royalty?

Yep. TV features mainly. I've been on Radio 1 a few times, but like I say, my music isn't really commercial and is mostly limited to the more leftfield shows.

It'll be fine deadmau5

Well faggots go live pretending to play music, or playing a thing that pretends to be music(if they use guitars). Electronic musicans actually take their time to model the music so it brings you the feeling without the need of shitty lyrics. Electronic music is kind of the modern classical music, while any other genre is kinda what the Africans would call music. Playing instruments takes no real talent, ffs every second hipster out there is either a fag or play the guitar, and mostly both.

Really living up to that musician stereotype of being an airhead retard-faggot. Is there even a point to your barely sentient, stream of consciousness ramblings? If this had been 500 years ago you would probably have had other priorities that aren't "LARPing as a gay rock star" and similar such HIV positivity you insist on verbally assailing us with.

How did you break into the business user?

Good music, good ART, inspires people to be good, because it is only through your depiction of the ideal that man may know what to aspire to. Art, and music is an art, has a very important place in every great civilization. There is nothing shameful about being an artist.

Depends on how good the art it desu. If OP would share his identity we could deem his worth.

"Wow bro, those samples really made me feel".
Get the fuck outta here.

>How did you break into the business user?

Same as many others, really. I made some tunes, they got some attention, the fan-base built up.

>Depends on how good the art it desu. If OP would share his identity we could deem his worth.

That wouldn't be wise, but how does anyone judge the worth of art? Some people like my stuff and some inevitably don't. As long as I'm personally satisfied with my music, that's the only thing that matters to me.

>If you make music, it doesn't matter how much you lift. You're still a fucking bard.
TopJej

How often do you practice your loop based "instrument" per week? Don't tell me you are a musician. If I want to learn another musician's music and play it, it takes discipline and talent. Not clicking play on a screen. It is an art, it is creative, but you are not a musician. You are a composer. There is a big difference.

I think Paul Bettany(SP?) came to the same conclusion on a American chat-show.

You're so short sighted. Bards were the meme masters of their day. Passing down stories from generation to generation is more effective in song form. Getting tunes with great ideas in people's heads contributed greatly to how far we've gotten as a species. It just so happens that we've reached a threshold of media saturation that makes your impact seem less important. If you compare yourself to a bard then you should recognize the impact they had on our culture and advancement and not let the portrayal on goy of thrones put you down.

Why is this thread filled with redditors who claim electronic music isn't real music

>h-hurr machines aren't real instruments
>>A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument—it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument.
Pressing buttons on a keyboard is no different than pressing buttons on a piano.

>b-b-but there's no technical talent
Who the fuck cares? I don't give a fuck that Johnny can play 50 notes a second on his fucking guitar, I care about how the song sounds in the end. The fucking talent comes from producing something that sounds good.

>b-but electronic music is a byproduct of m-modern jewery
Electronic music dates back to the 1920s.

Are you niggers trying to tell me this is legitimately not music?
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw
youtube.com/watch?v=1Rk1K5Mmnbg

no one cares, you are probably illegal anyways so go back.

>goy of thrones

> all these Le wrong generation fags saying electronic music isn't music

Back to 9gag

Composers > Musicians.

It's not hard to strum strings and bash your sausages into titles. Sure it might take some practice but it's not hard. Anyone baring physical or mental disability can learn to play n instrument at a basic level in less then a year.

Composers on the other hand make the music. They're the ones that put the sounds together so you can enjoy them. The skanks that get up on stages and sing about riding dick bicycles don't compose music. They pay other people hundreds of thousands of dollars and then slap their shitty lyrics on top.

Not necessarily, when you're a music producer there's a lot of things to keep in mind. Platforms' loudness standards, programming your own synths because other producers will call you out for using presets, mixing tracks properly using spectrograms and RMS metering, mastering, and knowing arrangement theory. Something that definitely separates a good producer from a shit producer is experience and knowledge about audio, equipment, music theory, audio engineering, and how to keep it interesting for yourself.
A lot of producers learn piano and/or guitar and apply that in their own music. I practice guitar for 30 minutes or more a day so I can use it properly in my music.

>Electronic music dates back to the 1920s.

So what? You realize modern classical subgenres (like serialism) prior to the 20th century were promoted by Jews to dismantle the tenets of Romanticism and degrade Western values, right? Early electronic music came straight out of that lineage. It's degenerate even in its most "pure", intellectual form.

thanks for answering