The left tries to thinkpiece their way back to humor

What the left doesn't realize is that being constantly offended ALL THE TIME and forcing other people to walk on egg shells around you isn't a breeding ground for humor and laughs (outside of the right laughing at the left).

>I had the impression that jokes, like Woody Guthrie’s guitar, were a machine that killed fascists. Comedy might be cruel or stupid, yet, in aggregate, it was the rebel’s stance. Nazis were humorless. The fact that it was mostly men who got to tell the jokes didn’t bother me. Jokes were a superior way to tell the truth—that meant freedom for everyone.

>But by 2016 the wheel had spun hard the other way: now it was the neo-fascist strongman who held the microphone and an army of anonymous dirty-joke dispensers who helped put him in office. Online, jokes were powerful accelerants for lies—a tweet was the size of a one-liner, a “dank meme” carried farther than any op-ed, and the distinction between a Nazi and someone pretending to be a Nazi for “lulz” had become a blur.

Sauce: slate.com/arts/2017/07/trump-and-his-trolls-arent-killing-comedy-theyre-saving-it.html

Sorry for lack of Archive, I tried and it kept giving me connection errors.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lsnAp
youtu.be/WuzO9Fth2wQ
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mkw3
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08y74bc/frankie-boyles-new-world-order-series-1-episode-4
youtube.com/watch?v=7R-9Fj4McAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Archived
archive.is/lsnAp

>Nazi's were humorless...

They just don't get it...

Such self-awareness, much humble, wow.

Shakespeare's comedy is literally sex puns and name calling and it's herald as classical commentary. I guess it's different ifbit hurts your feelings or something. Just keep doing "lol random " over and over because that is somehow funnier than having a context and creating an actual response with some wit.

Thank you.

Kek.

Doesn't work. They like being able to lie apparently.

Go on Sup Forums tell the feminist crowd a joke. They looooove humor.

Yes goyim. only laugh watching Jewish mind rape media

Nazis were the world's greatest trolls

They are already in the "comedy" world. Most of their jokes and monologes are mundane shit, what they think while doing normal stuff like go shoping and shit. They even use poop jokes frequently. Women monologes are the absolute fucking worst.

I think when they stop being offended this place wont be fun anymore.

I agree. The day they stop being offended is the day Sup Forums dies.

They won't win.

So basically Sup Forums is immortal.

>unlike racism which is like, soooo funneh!!

Ripping them apart is the new height of comedy and they had better get used to it.

>and the distinction between a Nazi and someone pretending to be a Nazi for “lulz” had become a blur.

Maybe calling everyone you don't like a fucking Nazi has something to do with that retard.

youtu.be/WuzO9Fth2wQ

>mfw they will never ever understand how this world works

>MY VAGINA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

Thanks Norway.

>successful comedy is rooted in truth
>except when my political opponents do successful comedy
>in that case it's all lies

>my id

>leftist
>humor

Does not compute

Maybe humor at their expense, wich is awesome

I misread it as "Trump hasn't killed Comey"

same

humorless

Liberal humor nowadays is bringing up Trump in some way then making a face

SU C C INCT.

Lol dank id you have there

The government shoehorns lazy politics into everything, in britain we cannot have tv show without them being shit and full of political opinon.

the majority of tv comedy in the uk is versions daily show on steroids on the bbc and other similar public broadcasters.

there is only so many jokes you can make about a politician or politicians.

that's why everyone coming through in the political comedy scene is british like john oliver.

stuff like adult swim majorly did not have a political agenda, (well until sam hyde and brett gelman).

i suggest you watch these british political "comedy" programs from the bbc and judge for yourself if they are ever really "funny".

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mkw3

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08y74bc/frankie-boyles-new-world-order-series-1-episode-4

Imagine no family guy or the simpsons except on expensive cable and pretty much the only form of comedy aside the peep show is trump is a fascist XD meme tweet analysis.

>welcome to the uk.

fuck that i want fart jokes on the simpsons or something actually funny.

Ah so this is the infamous "acceptance" stage

wtf i love obama now

WHAT THE FUCK

who IS this mysterious norwegian?

>DRUMPF GUYZ
>this is left humor
How fucking boring.

Its about time.

Your humorlessness can be felt through an anonymous post on a Mongolian cave painting board.
Does that make you feel bad?
It should

"DROOMPH!"
>audience bursts into hysterics and heart attacks
haha, liberal humor!

It isnt that these nu fags cant be funny....its just that they AREN'T funny.

They repeat the same jokes/material endlessly and their delivery is lame.

Even if they recreated Blazing Saddles, the formulaic quip-by-numbers method of today's hucksters is just bonerless

>Nazis were humorless.
Piece of evidence #54325 that the nu-left get all their opinions from mass media fiction.

>mongolian cave painting board
Alright, I laughed harder than I should of.

I wasn't aware I was trying to kill comedy with my jokes.

modern leftist humor:
>"LOL, white males are evil!"
>LOL, Drumpf!"
>"LOL, two scoops!"
>That's all for tonight, now pay your Kiketoob subscription, goy.

Meanwhile, alt-right memers like Sam Hyde make actual sides-splitting humor virtually for free.

>and the distinction between a Nazi and someone pretending to be a Nazi for “lulz” had become a blur.

who gives a shit about the gaslighting commies

"Goldstien" lmao shocking

There is a style of "comedy" that has become very prevalent in the past few years, and it is that quip making you mentioning. It's insulting other people constantly with really elaborate descriptions that aren't funny.
TJ Miller did it in Deadpool. Jillian Bell does it all the time (see 22 Jump Street).
Does anyone know the name for this brand of "Comedy."

he is King of Norway, only he would have enough time to archive all the time

Want to know a good joke? How it's possible for a liberal Jew to write so much and say so little.

Norbro saves us from the plagues of MSM once again

Let's meme #TrumpKilledComedy. The knee jerk reaction will be to blame trump for something/anything, and maybe they won't realize in doing so they are admitting their entertainment is dog shit quality.

Would racism still be funny if it actually existed as a serious explicit force?

Probably.

>tfw paid program too funny to make people laugh

Judaism.

>Trump hasn't killed Comedy
Only because comedy already died decades ago.

The Left still sees themselves as daring rebels when everyone else sees them as jackbooted totalitarians.

Not the answer I was looking for, but the truth never is.
Danke sehr, mein Freuend

How do they not realize that the reason things have shifted is because they are now what they hate and try to fight, not because the evil side learned to be funny

Not phound yet

What does everyone think of this cancerous faggot? ... shit i think ive answered this already

>tfw Hollywood and the media made evil "cool"
>now they changed what's good and what's evil, and suddenly they aren't cool anymore

I like him. He triggers SJWs and got a tattoo just for fun.

The day Sup Forums dies is the day we win. It means the shitlibs have conceded, and hopefully the niggers are gone.

>Comedy is used to stop facists

At least they are competent enough to understand why many right leaning people are humorless now, because they are always being made fun of and called fascists. I'm not laughing anymore, and generally don't enjoy comedy anymore. It's hard to laugh when it's used as a weapon by your enemies.

You just can't be too mean spirited in your comedy, really. Then it just becomes bullying for most people.

Like, Trump seems like a nice guy who's making an honest effort. When you insinuate that he's a racist, bigoted Nazi for years on end, like yeah, a lot of people are just going to see that for the mean horseshit it is.

Leftists and the curious take heed:

You had all the fun when your Jewish masters had total control over the commentary on their carefully crafted media product. You failed to ban free speech on the internet and now the silent majority can voice it's opinions without you blocking out the truth.

When the sum total of mass media is "white man bad, everyone else good," your reign as the gatekeepers of truth and love is over. That will be heartbreaking for many of you. Learn to speak the truth sooner rather than later.

i see them as limp wristed nigger loving faggots who try their best to act like nagging middle school principals

Notice a comedian constantly talking about Trump, identity politics, etc, that didn't before the election? Me too! So many in fact that it's made me question entertainment in general. Why no politics at all then suddenly 100%? Easy to see who is (((left))) or not nowadays.

No, people repeating variations of the same ten jokes about Trump have though.

>muh troll
>I was just pretend to murder Jews

Fair enough. The point is that "coolness" has because the gold standard of our society, and right now, the Left isn't cool.

The left can't build sustainable humor because to them it's a tool with a political end: advacing this globalist agenda. We lost hope in our cause (stoppin globalism), so we embraced nihilistic mirth and trolling for its own sake, which simply had the wonderful side effect of getting us closer to our political end.

Hello fignewton

He's a dumb asshole that's for sure and I feel bad for his neighbours - but on the other hand it is only California, which is a good containment state for people like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7R-9Fj4McAA

Tumblr Larping

>It's insulting other people constantly with really elaborate descriptions that aren't funny.
so glad someone else notces this, it's bleeding into TV now too, and since they can't swear as much its even less funny

this is actually totally correct, see pic related, chaoter 28

>killed our dumb contemporary idea of comedy.

i thought the leftist contemporary idea of comedy was to mock someone you perceived as an idiot which they do.

The operation was a complete success

I used to enjoy going out to comedy clubs but every liberal comedian has the same routine "DUDE TRUMP LMAO" It's gotten boring.

give an example of this type of humor famalam, id like to know what to look out for

kek
i don't know how much more meta humor can get if their goal is to make people laugh because of their inability to get people to laugh

Comedy doesn't target the high and mighty. It targets those who take themselves too seriously and are easy to mess with. It just so happens that the rich have been that, historically.

But now, there's a now group of pompous idiots who take themselves too seriously, and they run all across the economic spectrum. From the poorest of art students to the richest of leftist celebrities, there's an entire class of people who just spend their entire adult lives being mad at things and being pathetic.

Think about it.

For example, Patton Oswalt, super rich celebrity dude, is, for some reason, so offended by an e-celebrity choosing not to watch Ghostbusters, that he chimps out and devotes the time to call him out. Not for profit, not to look good, but because some loser who screams at video games for money had managed to get into a respected actor's head so much that he had no choice but to air out his grievances on twitter, which lead to people virtually digging up his dead wife and fucking her.

That's hilarious.

A gay zionist who loves black dick, the product of dozens of years of leftist indoctrination, can turn leftists into fat screaming children with a sentence.

All leftists can say in response is just 'hahaha... well... YOU'RE THE ONE WHOSE TRIGGERED' despite the fact that, if we are 'triggered', we're not the ones chimping out in public about it. Remember that time a right-wing student organization pepper sprayed leftist activists who were peacefully demonstrating in solidarity with a leftist speaker that just made those traditionalists see red? No? Me either.

>about 1.30 mark
>(((maytar dahan)))
>complaining about noise and bonfires
I'm starting to like this guy, if he's fucking with (((them)))

Holy fuck how can someone write so much and still not even be close to identifying what is going on. That writer could probably be diagnosed with autism based soley on the content of that article

The author.

amazon has a free documentary called 'can we take a joke? when outrage and comedy collide

adam carolla, penn jillette, gilbert gottfried, complaining about liberal cry babies

what a world -.-

they lack the SPICE that is present throughout alt-right humor

Looks like the type of faggot that wears non prescription glasses

As example is in Deadpool, when Wade Wilson sees TJ Miller, and Miller's character constantly insults his appearance in a very boring way. He does it a few times before the plot continues. Jillian Bell did it in 22 Jump Street towards the end, when she belittles Jonah Hill. It was just very boring elaborate insults.
Something like (not a direct quote, but an example):
"You looked like an avocado if that avocado was left out in the sun to rot, but when was cut up by a taco truck, which was then digested."
Those are two, but those might give you an idea.

its what hollywood is all about

they use smarmy smug gaslighters to help mold the perception of reality, as long as timid ignorant goyum see these confident kikes patting eachother on the back for every hack line they say it works.

This.

I thought it was funny, even without fat hitler.

Should "have"!
Fucking retard

Trolling is a art

>Trump is Le fascist
>Obama is bbc god
>oy vey, what do people think we're propaganda?
>hey goyim, don't you hate white people and love brown people like I do?
>WHY ARE YOU RACIST WHITE NAZIS NOT LAUGHING!!!

Compare this to the classic:
"When you were born did the doctor slap your mother?"

Adam Corolla is trying to kickstart some triggering college tour. I want to see more push back like that from comedians.