"It doesn't affect you, so why should you care how I live my life?"

"It doesn't affect you, so why should you care how I live my life?"

what is the best argument against this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iNChT9nWmNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It depends on whether or not if the thing is allowed to spread it will affect you. This is why islam shouldn't be allowed to spread but gay marriage is fine.

>Oh so you're okay with people keeping child slaves and raping women?

Usually though people will bring up the "As long as it doesn't hurt me or anyone else" clause.

In that case you explain that degeneracy seeps into a society and at one point it will be your problem. Society is a boat not a series of islands.

I agree, degeneracy, liberalism, and Islam do affect me though

>slippery slope
invalid

Society is not a vacuum and everything in a society effects the members of a society. If someone is shitting on the sidewalk then they should be told to stop, not tell the concerned onlookers to "not look if you don't like it" like these faggots always do

>In that case you explain that degeneracy seeps into a society and at one point it will be your problem. Society is a boat not a series of islands.

holy shit a fucking leaf actually made a decent post

Slippery slope is entirely valid. Calling it a fallacy and therefore invalid is invalid. People cried slippery slope fallacy over gay marriage and now we're state funding injecting 4 year old boys with hormones so they grow tits. It's absolutely valid to point out how tolerating something leads to worse consequences

I mean you can't gauge how things affect other people. I used to be a herioin addict; I didn't feel like it hurt me, but it hurt my family. If it didn't hurt my family, then it was hurting a drug dealer who's using this to get buy instead of contributing to society. If it didn't hurt him it hurt the people affected by the cartels that traffic shit, but once it hits like the third thing people feel like it's too far removed to care, and at that point they're kind of hypocrites.

this, everytime liberalism has been introduced into society it gets horribly out of control because faggots just want to do what makes them feel good and they keep pushing boundaries for attention

>what is the best argument against this?
the state of society in the early 21st century. that way of thinking created the mess we're in today.

In a capitalist social order, there would be no discrimination laws or diversity hires due to the top brass being entirely made up of people whose top priority is efficiency. Degenerates would be rejected and die out. The people have a choice to fuck their life up and make them unappealing to the corporate world.

A lot of things don't affect me. When that retarded kid was taped up and tortured over facebook livestream, that didn't effect me. I didn't get hurt, or injured, and my life didn't become immediately worse.

However, at the same time, that negatively affected society, and it may affect me at a later date. Allowing people to do whatever they want, so long as it doesn't affect you, means that you've set precedence for them doing whatever they want. When they do whatever they want, it's only a matter of time before they start affecting you.

People who are perfectly okay with allowing things to go to shit under the guise of 'well it doesn't bother me' are why America is such a shitpile, and why Europe is becoming a shitpile too.

>'Well, I haven't been raped by migrants'
>'Well, I haven't had my job taken by indians or mexicans who will do it for pennies'
>'Well, I haven't had a bullshit rape accusation levied my way'

So on, so forth. Allowing harmful people to do harmful things because it doesn't immediately affect you is shortsighted, stupid, and quintessentially leftist.

>capitalism would stop degeneracy

Nigga no

narcissism at its finest.

>so what if some women don't want to have babies? it's their choice, they are free to do whatever they want!
*a couple of decades later*
>oops

The degenerates would lose their sole support, the State, and thus they would crumble. The savages of the world, whether they be in the slums of Baltimore or deep in the Congo, would be purged. Not by statist means of genocide or racial purity laws, but by the authority of the market.

Its been a womans choice to have babies or not for decades and you know what. Every country is overpopulated, if all women stopped having kids governments would step in and force them.

You may not see direct effects, but it all spreads and permeates.

If you allow the government to spy on people, eventually you're caught in the drag net.
You allow people to drive drunk or high, eventually you'll be affected.

Even if you can't see how it effects you, it will eventually. The best thing you can do is defend the rights of people you don't agree with as well as those you do. Protect what you have, or it will be taken.

Everyone here agrees the slope is real as we see it before our own eyes.

Unchecked many ideas, movements and misfortunes spread like the plague. Echos will reach you.

Nothing exist in a bubble

What's to argue? If they do something that doesn't affect anyone else then good for them

>Every country is overpopulated
are we living on the same planet?

>what is the best argument against this?

"You are politically, philosophically and economically illiterate and generally low IQ to even grasp what effects you and your life, especially long term. You degenerate, hedonistic, nihilistic and left-leaning parasite think that what doesn't hurt you today will never be relevant in the future. How can you be such an egoistic piece of shit that you only care about things affecting your life, not about the things relevant for your children or grandchildren, except muh environment you hippy weed faggot. So wake the fuck up, remove your apathetic mindset and actually caring about your society and nation by educating yourself and your surroundings in the relevant topics needed to shape western civilization. Apathy is the worst form of society you can have, the weakest society to be ruled for all eternity. If you want to let things just drift simply because they don't effect you directly, maybe start thinking about your neighbor, what he might want. Start actually caring about your surroundings and you will see things detrimental to society everywhere. If you don't want to, don't plan on having kids and thinking the hedonistic lifestyle is the way to go, then it is time for you to get the rope."

...gets his head cut off by Sharia police because Muslims gradually taking over doesn't affect you right up to the point when it does.

because caring only for one self and no one else is directly opposing the development of stable society as people living in it having that philosophy will inadvertently cannibalize each other

a society should be based on principles

some are needed for the theoretical protection of it's members, even if you are not threatened, turning a blind eye to injustice will eventually catch up with you as when it's your group will be next.

8 billion humans on earth, everywhere is overpopulated

There really isn't one if what they are saying really is harmless to everyone else.

Every example people have posted in this thread are not harmless.

Okay, so let's talk about the lgbt movement for example. Accept that these people are different? Fine by me. But something happened. These days they want to affect my life, they want to affect everyone's life.

Everything other people do effects you

Everything affects you. It's a useless statement.
The drug dealer down the street is affecting your property value.
The blacks across town are moving into your neighborhood, bringing crime and lowering your property value.
The Mexicans are costing you more money in taxes.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Time to stop posting, user.

It's evil. You ignore the suffering of others just because you're not suffering. You let people ruin their lives, just because your life is not ruined. You let things into ruin just because you're not affected. You're evil. Complacent and evil.

It depends on the specific case.
Some retard smoking his brain away with weed, i dont care buddy go on,if thats what you want.
But to let a child drink industrial pesticide,well thats another question.

He meant "total population". Of course barely 2 billion of these 8 can actually be called "human".

It will start affecting you if you keep letting them take our rights away you selfish retard

Just say no, and thats it

Another user mentioned drunk driving and I think that could be a cute "gotcha" argument.
Start off by asking if hardcore drugs should be legalized and of course they'll say yes because it doesn't affect me personally if some dude is doing heroin. Then mention that people using hardcore drugs are much more likely to commit robbery to fuel their habit and the opponent will cry out
>"But that's not a guarantee! Doing drugs doesn't automatically make someone commit robbery, you can't preemptively punish someone for that!"
>Okay so then you should also support drunk driving yes? Driving drunk doesn't guarantee a crash. It's perfectly harmless right up until it's not
Tell me the holes in this argument Sup Forums

The general state of society always affects you, so it is okay to be against trends that push society in a direction you think is undesireable.

Okay, Malthus.

Problem is that it will likely affect you eventually.

We are all on the same ship but don't have enough corks to plug the holes. Who gets to live, the upper crust...but then who will do the work that will make them rich?

Usually this argument is brought up in combination with fag marriage

>Why do you care? It's none of your business what two consenting adults do in their bedroom
>That's why we need to fundamentally change the definition of societie's most important institution
>I mean it's the current year

wrong

well if you copy it, thats your problem

I am the best human ever and anyone that doesn't live the way I do is wrong.

You don't live in a bubble, deteriorating society does eventually affect you.

There was no correlation between the two examples.

Allowing a thing promotes broader acceptance of that thing.

this
>also they use slippery slope against us all the time, we just don't call them on it
>"Trump's hate is creating Nahtzees"
>"blaming all muslims leads to more ISIS fighters"

>two consenting adults do in their bedroom
Except it NEVER stays in the bedroom.

It affects the society I live in which affects me.

There's a few counters to this;

1. The primary purpose of a society is to look out for the whole not the individual. It's why we give up certain rights upon entering society and why we punish people who deviate from societal norms or threaten the safety of the society (see; murderers, robbers, etc.)

2. It's foolish to say "It doesn't affect you." Let's take a case like abortion, where this argument is often used (Muh body). The problem is abortion institutions often receive taxpayer dollars. So even if we toss out the uncertain future argument (i.e. your son could discover the cure for cancer etc.) the issue is still that your trip to Planned Parenthood isn't some self controlled visit. I pay taxes, which keep Planned Parenthood open and operating, which therein allow you to go and get a procedure done that I
disagree with.

Not wrong nigger.

KYS NOW FAGGOT!

>best argument against this?
* the group is prior to the individual
* the idea of the self-made person is a bourgeois myth
* you might not be interested in identity politics but identity politics is interested in you
* read Heidegger

Either they are telling the truth
Or they are lying just to get away from your autism

Either way it is best to walk away.

Because something one day will effect you, how would it feel to have no one care?

Kek

there's absolutely no way that you can guarentee that other people won't try to fuck with you. People are always trying to get in other people's business

It's quite literally one of the most well known logical fallacies in existence. Kill yourself

Beating you up wouldn't affect me, so why shouldn't I

Any argument used to counter this could potentially be used on issues the person in question supports so I'd say it's a damn good argument.
If we acted proactively on every issue that could affect society at large, we would never get anything done.

>It doesn't affect you.
Prove that it does. Example:
>Your buddy is a legit alcoholic
>Never returns calls
>Always making excuses
>Reeks of alcohol, even tho he wears cologne
But it doesn't affect you, user.
-Actually, it does, for all the above reasons.

But what about the loner who drunks/does drugs alone and isn't hurting anyone?
>Be counselor
>Talk to people like this often
>Why son, I am disapoint?
>Why friend, I am disapoint?
>Why brother, I am disapoint?
Everyone who is fucking up their own life is also fucking up the lives of the people around them. Other people are forced to pick up the slack. Other people are forced to be "understanding," which means I guess to ignore the problem and help cover it up.

tl;dr: just get your shit together. anything else is just sugar-coating the problem. this is the true redpill.

This has nothing to do with the question. You're talking about cultural struggles within a society and what path that society will take as a collective culture whereas OP's question is talking about at the personal, individual level.

Unless and until those actors start changing laws to fit their own paradigm which inhibit my rights, it has not violated the libertarian ethos of "live and let live"

Society finally deeming gay marriage as acceptable doesn't affect me and neither do the new laws granting them the same benefits as hetero couples and I don't believe you could give information that's contrary to that so I really don't care about. Now drunk driving does negatively impact me and other people and we could have some really sick society that encourages such behavior but until the laws are changed that reflect that collective cultural decision, I'm still protected and the dipshits that think drunk driving is a-ok will just have to sit on their asses and fantasize about it.

The problem I have with Sup Forums and indeed any other retarded authortarians is that they want to legislate culture and that only does 2 things. firstly, it creates a strong counter-culture that won't settle for only cultural change but will seek governmental power that will legislate their own morals and culture in direct opposition to the status quo and secondly, and most importantly, it kills individual liberty and freedom of choice and the freedom to live outside of societal norms without fear of being persecuted by the government.

You can't build a puzzle without connecting the pieces; civilization is more than the sum of a flock of utterly disconnected individuals.

>"Whats next will you normalize pedophilia as a fetish too?"
"Of course not, we just want gays to be able to marry"
>

lol no, here's what happens, monopolys will occurs until eventually you get a super power who own everything including body modification business's, tattoos parlors etc why tf would they get rid of something they can profit from?

Your fantasy that the rich upper class is against degeneracy is pure fantasy they don't give a fuck as long as their making a profit.

>Le they won't hire people with face tattoos

Simply because they lose profit if they do hire them. not because they're against it morally

In many ways it does affect the person by creating a sick society that temps children.

Define "affect". Moving slightly from side to side affects the entire planet with your gravity. What is an autistic over-extension of terms to YOU is justification to shoot you legally to the State.

>mass underbelly of angry, starving people
>95% of the women with them
>not violently dominating everyone else and forcing gibs
where do you think modern gibs society came from? literally the above happened in the exact same pattern after classical liberalism.

So you have no problem with necrophiles? You disgust me.

"What's bad for the hive is bad for the bees"

We live in a web/network of interconnectivity. Every single action, even every thought, directly affects everyone else.

>Doing drugs doesn't automatically make someone commit robbery, you can't preemptively punish someone for that!"
>Okay so then you should also support drunk driving yes? Driving drunk doesn't guarantee a crash

This sucks because it's an issue of negiligence vs criminal intent. You can't accidentally rob someone for crack money.

I don't worry about necrophiles. But if you're scared of them you have a problem. Necrophiles are disgusting by the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=iNChT9nWmNg

Name a major country that isn't overpopulated.

You don't want people destroying their lives. With their arguement that means they're are 100% okay with everyone killing themselves.

Kek, the slippery slope has been proved to be true everywhere. Just look at your freedoms

Because your choices today can effect every ones lives tomorrow.

Beatings. Preferably for you if there are no witnesses.

retard

i feel like you're trying to imply something there but i'm not sure what?

where is that "not an argument" faggot i see posted

There is no argument against it because it's basically correct. You need to show how it impacts you if you want to argue against it. If you can't, fuck off and mind your own business.

>slippery slope
>invalid
user, stop being a blue pilled faggot

>fallacy fallacy
Just because it's a fallacy does not automatically negate its validity/merit

You're not thinking about the long term if you think anything you do doesn't end affecting others.

USA

We're social creatures and we have to stick together to survive. If we don't then people who actually do stick together will overrun us.

Chaos Theory and reality itself.

Everything is interconnected and EVERY action they do AFFECTS YOU in some way shape or form.

Objectively.

/thread

The simple fact that you are the only who decided what affects you, no other people.

t. Hillary Clinton

>"It doesn't affect you, so why should you care how I live my life?"

Implying your actions are done in a vaccuum. Degeneracy breeds degeneracy.
There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

Ripple effect; Narcissists are fucking retarded in acknowledging its existence and only care only after they notice when it's effecting them, not when it started. Every action has a reaction that effects the environment around them, no matter how large or small

nice argument, niggerfaggot

Most of the time its stuff that affects you and people dont want to admit it.

because "affect" is subjective, does what someone else does annoy you? does it invade your space? does it inconvenience you? does it increase costs for you? does it make employment harder to obtain? does it make you depressed or stressed?

I mean I get that some of that is getting into snowflake territory when you talk about how someone's actions will change your mood or feeling and so that's some kind of "attack" against you despite that being more of an internal problem than an external one, but again it depends how you define "affect" in this case.

>hurrr my life is mine to live

yeah, and there are millions of others that do the same stuff, and that impact DOES impact others who don't do it. that is what these types of people generally fail to see.

>gay marriage is fine