Not doing well financially

>Not doing well financially
>Someone suggests getting EBT to help
>Think I'm going to get 50 or so dollars to help with groceries
>It's 250 dollars

This is almost twice my monthly grocery budget. I'm going to be able to buy nice vegetables, bread that isn't garbage, and maybe I can buy fucking fruit. It was getting me thinking, so I did some research.
Turns out, most people who are exclusively on EBT (Food Stamps) eventually come off of it by their own volition and become self sustaining. This and WIC (Women and Infant Children) are the ONLY welfare programs where this is the case. They're the only welfare programs where people go on them, and then get off of them by their own choice.
So why the fuck are we paying taxes for all of the other ones that don't work? If only two of our welfare programs actually fucking do anything for the people, why do we bother with the other ones at all? Why not get rid of the other ones and put more money in EBT and WIC? By increasing the budget for EBT and WIC slightly and getting rid of all of the other safety nets (or making them much harder to get for the average joe), we could save so much fucking money. Make Disability benefits harder to obtain, just get rid of unemployment benefits, and put just a smidge more budget into things that actually fucking work instead of wasting billions of dollars on things that do nothing for the people.

>TL;DR, I found out some welfare programs actually do shit and am now even more mad we waste so much money on the ones that don't

Other urls found in this thread:

ct.gov/dss/cwp/view.asp?a=2349&q=304628
bouldercounty.org/families/food/quest-ebt-card/#1487799777586-aab837d3-df5fa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The problem with EBT is the majority of people who get them don't use them to buy nice bread and fruits and vegetables.

They buy pizza, burgers, steak, etc.

Sometimes they buy ramen and sell the remaining stamps for drug money.

In theory it's a great program, in reality its one of the programs most open to abuse.

The website says I can't withdraw the money, and that if I lose the card there's a charge for getting it replaced. How the fuck do you sell your remaining food stamps? Plus if they catch wind of it, you're banned for life.

Are you getting this from some source that swears less than 1% of food stamp money goes to fraud while I can go down to any ghetto and buy thousands in food stamps for 25% face value so the recipients can get drugs?

What's your point, leaf

>> The problem with EBT is the majority of people who get them don't use them to buy nice bread and fruits and vegetables.

>> They buy pizza, burgers, steak, etc.

Oh you innocent little faggot. They sell them for drug money and alcohol. They sell them to the poopskins so that the convienence store owning shitskins can buy soda/candy/whatever in bulk and resell by the unit at their shit stores.

I wasn't aware of this at all. I was literally only looking at the percentage of people ON food stamps and the amount it cost the government to provide the program compared to other welfare programs. I didn't really think about this.

What city are you from dude? i cant believe you live in the fucking USA and cant afford fruit and veggies for you or your family...

Denver, CO
Stuck in a 12 month lease for a 1 bed 1 bath apartment that's fucking 1100 a month.

The Habib marts in most innercities pay 50cents on the dollar for your food stamps.
They scan the card, see the balance, pay you once you give them the PIN, goto Walmart, buy the stuff for their C-Stores, give you the card back at the end of the week.

>Tyrone and Javarious get $$$ for their gibs
>Achmed gets to stock his store half price
>Taxpayers pay for it all

You've never been approached by people offering to pay for your groceries and then you pay them 1/2 the cost?

As far as pulling cash out, it depends on the state.
ct.gov/dss/cwp/view.asp?a=2349&q=304628

Shit.

>1100 a month.
JUST

Also, you're a delightfully naive faggot, you can do an ATM withdraw on your QUEST EBT card in Denver.

bouldercounty.org/families/food/quest-ebt-card/#1487799777586-aab837d3-df5fa

Lol you dummy dont go to the groccery store in the black areas
Theres always seone waiting at the check out wanting to buy my stuff for 50 cents on the dollar and i gove them cash

Also disability is hard enough to get if your white

Welfare was heavily reformed in the mid-90s because it was being abused so heavily. One of the few things to escape the reform was the food stamp program, so despite what you're told its one of the most abused wefare. Ive never been on any form of welfare but was surrounded by the shit when I was college age living in the unsavory parts of a city. It was the first thing a crackhead would do is stumble out of his shitbox and try to whore out his EBT card for 25%-50% when they ran out of money.

To be honest I have no idea how it actually works though because Ive never been on it or anyone I immediately know.

Na they do that if you work at a store like Costco or Sam's club it's extremely evident I stright up saw some haspanic nig spend about 400 dollars on rice for his restaurant using is what I assume is his wifes ebt card

>fucking Reddit tier shit!

>50 cents on the dollar
I only get 250, if I sold my shit for 50 cents on the dollar I'd only get 125 bucks. That isn't shit. Is the need for crack that bad? God damn niggers are stupid as hell.

>flag
>sister is also his wife

Pretty big words coming from a slack jawed Cletus whose family tree resembles a royal palm...

>I did some research.

You're as likely to lie as any other shitlib.

Need proofs.

What qualifies a gimme dat to conduct research anyways?

>$250
What the shit. I have a budget of ~$150-200 per month for food and I don't eat that super cheap.

Then theyll blow through that 125 on crack to get bombed for half a day and be completely broke the next. Is this what the average recipient does? No. Is it uncommon? Absolutely not.

Abolish welfare abolish food stamps abolish wic abolish taxes

Anyone who disagrees is automatically a cuck faggot

Even with day labor, I'd still be slightly short on my rent, and my landlord is a cunt. The food stamps helps me stay in my apartment, which I'm leaving the moment the lease is up. Not everything is so black and white.
>Hiding your flag
Embarrassed about something?

Your story is bullshit op

I've gotten foodstamps in multiple states while homeless and the maximum for a single person is $192 at the moment

Also the second you get any income you have to report it or they'll ban you from the program for six months once they find out

I have a wife. I didn't mention because reasons.

>t. Spoon fed preteen

Get off my board nigger. This Polynesian underwater purification image board is 18+. Good job w the edgey lingo. But lurk more faggot. Classes will resume soon

Yeah just looked it up, max is 194/month for a single person, and 146 for each additional person, and that's if youre arent making a penny of income

You pay for your unemployment insurance you dumb faggot.

It's funny because most people don't understand that the incest stereotype comes from New Englanders! (Quakers and Amish)

Oh. Carry on.

There's too much of our economy subsidized by the other welfare programs to do away with them. How is Shekelgoldstein who own's all the slums going to get paid of the government doesn't pay his ghetto tenant's rent?

Realistically a UBI/Food income should be all we need, but there's too many people who make money off neetbux. There's also too many people who aren't neets who draw neetbux. I'll never forget the time I overheard a girl bragging about being diagnosed with BPD or some other stupid shit because it meant she got more money and didn't have to work.

I had a Filipino roomie in college that donated Plasma once a week, Blood twice a week, and made over 900$ per month doing just that.

Granted he was dead tired and pale white all the time, but he did so in order to not have to ask his parents for money (something about not needing a college degree because he could run the family restaurant and be just fine).

You make it sound like 250$ is alot of money. Its not. I knew panhandlers that made that much in 2 days on a street corner with a funny sign. Go compete with the mexicans in front of Home Depot, offer to work for 10$ per hour instead of 15$. 2 days work @ 12hrs per day and your sitting on 240$ cash.

Are you living downtown somewhere? I'm in west Denver and pay 750 for a 4 bed 2 bath with 3 roommates you're getting robbed m8

>Undercut the mexicans in front of home depot
Good way to get your shit stomped senpai

Also they don't get the chance to 'compete' because the guy who's hiring them for a job just pulls up and says 'i need 10 guys' and the first ten to get in get the job

I gave plasma last month to make rent and it took fucking hours for them to even get the needle in, fucking retard muslims working at the local clinic would've missed my neck if they were trying to behead me.
Right now 250 is a lot of money, because it puts me in a position where I'm less concerned about making rent. Once my lease is over I'm moving down to Colorado Springs to be closer to my family, you can get a 1 bed 1 bath with utilities included for 800 or so, which would be perfect for my budget.
I live near the Art Institute. I realize the mistake I made.

Every white should get on food stamps and use them for having white children.

There is literally no intelligent opposition to this.

fuck off leftypol, you got btfod more than once. Now go and ask daddy for the platinum card and buy you some nice chinese shoes with an american label

>When medkits try to cut and not heal

>hiding my flag
I just thought it'd be funny for a hippie to say something like that
>day labor
Jesus fucking Christ....

>Jew gives nigger shopping list
>nigger buys groceries with the taxpayers's money
>nigger brings groceries to the Jew
>Jew gives nigger cash equal to a fraction of the groceries' value
>nigger spends cash on hookers and blow
>nigger bitches about how he can't afford to eat and that we need more money for dem programs
>Jew lobbies for more money for dem programs
There. That's more or less how it works.

I had a scedualed surgery a few months back now, the dept of families came into my recovery room and signed me up for everything they could get me on. Since I had taken off of work prior to surgery and the procedure was early in the month I showed zero income for the month and they based foodstamps off of that. I like to shit a brick when I found out I would get $650 a month and the money rolls over month to month. I have a family of 4, and that is more than I have ever spent a month on food.

My wife was embarrassed at first because I made good money and have a good savings, I red pulled her on the fact that it was my damned money and I wanted it back. Fuck the system. If I didn't take it a nigger would.

I hate to ask, but do you have a job? Any marketable skills?

If you want some advice.. here it is.

Apply for FAFSA. Every citizen gets 7500$ per year in free money for higher education (between pell grants and loans).

Find a technical school that offers something you can get passionate about. Welding will always be in high demand, avoid CIS or IT as its overblown with pretentious cunts and neckbeards. Fiber Optic or QC is a good place to be in.

In 1 year you can have your Cert or even AAS if you have had college.

You can start off making 25$ per hour almost anywhere.

I hope your situation gets better and you can make it out of Denver

When I lost my job last year I was on unemployment and had ebt. I figure that I've always worked, paid my taxes, and had never hotten gibs before so I didn't feel bad about taking them for a little bit. Here's the shitty part though and I'm not sure how people actually live on this... I didn't draw unemployment for the first two months because I didn't think it would take that long to find another job. During this time I got $250 per month in food stamps. After a couple months of no luck on a new job, I applied for unemployment. This resulted in $241/week to keep up with rent and bills which ate every cent of it. When I got this, my ebt was reduced to $84/month. My rent is $600 and bills all together are about $200 including gas for the car. I eventually stopped driving and took my bike everywhere. Seriously, how the fuck do people go on like this for years? I ended up going 6 months before I get a new job and it was hell. I was depressed the whole time, my relationships suffered, and I was eating the shittiest cheap food just so I could make that $84 go a whole month. I started to understand why they sell drugs, but thankfully this hadn't been my whole life and got back to work.

I'm finishing my last class at scam jewniversity for a bachelors in communication as we speak. I can edit video, but almost all of my "marketable" skills involve public speaking and interpersonal communication, which are skills that have practically no value these days it seems.
I lost my job a few weeks ago, and after a grueling job hunt, finally landed something at a fucking gas station. Owner's a nice young white guy though, so it shouldn't be too bad. He said I could work as many hours as I need as long as it's under 40 a week.

I'm 32 I'm not young an' I object to you automatically treating me like an inferior!

I offer nigs outside the dollar store. The rate is $2ebt = $1 cash. You have to take them with you and have them pay with their card. Give 'em cash after the transaction.
-t Half Jew

You are not a white male. White males max out under 100 per month unless they have dependents.

>ow the fuck do people go on like this for years?

You are basing it on one person.

Goto any innercity and you will find that most houses are occupied by 6 people at least.

Thats 6 of those incomes coming in. Add in Section 8, crazy checks, lead checks, etc and people live very comfortably on gibs.

they never had a job prior. Generation give a fuck. They are breed to think poverty is the standard. The meme degree meme, student loans and Hipster live style does the rest

No it is a dime on the dollar
50 cents is not worth the risk

I worked in a Pajeet owned liquor store and we did this all the time
We also label the pavement apes favorite boozes as "juice" of "milk"

I actually applied as mix-raced. I'm white as fucking powder snow but my biological father was from Samoa, so it's technically not a lie.

Fuck off twink... I already told you 18+ KYS nigger

50c on the dollar is the standard pretty much everywhere, I don't know where you are that you managed to jew them into 10c to the dollar but good on you

Mexican families to the same thing with their restaurants/food trucks. Stock their whole freezer with meat from other people's ebt. When they run out, they use their five children's supply.

>7500 free money
Bullshit. I work in higher ed and the only people who get that from FASFA are poor people.

user sometimes you have to dick a ditch to have dinner.

>I'm not sure how people actually live on this...

Live in absolute poverty. I volunteered for 3 years at a community kitchen and anyone who thinks people on benefits are living the high life is delusional. Most of the guests were regulars, but we'd get families and people dealing with a job loss and trying to bridge the gap on little or no money.

What most people try not to think about is they may be one job loss away from that fate. And this is how the poor are used as a weapon against the middle class. Displease the powerful and that will be you.

>Goto any innercity and you will find that most houses are occupied by 6 people at least.
>people live very comfortably on gibs

Yeah 6 in a 2 bedroom apartment is comfy af

>Buying bread in 2017
Are you trying to get obese? Nigger American bread is sooooooo unhealthy. Just buy tortillas you gook paco.

You ain't going to get EBT unless you apply and find out.

>Be on WIC
>Get a car = lose your food
>Own a home = lose your food
>Earn money = lose your food
>Have a father present in the house = Lose your food

So basically doing anything to better your life is a gamble not worth taking when the cost is losing food for your children. Why does OP think people get off of welfare once they are on it? Hell, you can collect alimony/child support and it doesn't effect your food stamps so it PAYS to have as many children by as many absent fathers as possible.

>so it PAYS to have as many children by as many absent fathers as possible
This by itself is reason enough to abolish welfare.

Just buy High end steaks and I'll give you drugs retard.

Wew. I'm O-, can I sell my blood/plasma as well?
My country forbids blood selling.

Yeah but you only get it for a very short amount of time unless you're somehow unemployed and homeless and posting on Sup Forums.

I got mine for like 3 months before my 11 dollar/hr 20 hour a week job was "too much money" and they cut me off. Starved for quite a while until i got used to living off nothing but the cheapest chicken and rice i could find.

But of course i'm white so i deserve to die because my ancestors 100 years ago worked in coal mines and fought in world wars.

I've never been to a Food Bank where the food wasn't all rotting and weeks past its expiration times.

buying "fruit"
instead of growing your own

welfare animal

Go get a job selling stuff. I make 100-200k a year selling insurance restoration services for a contractor. My income is adjusted to inflation too, as the loss settlements for insurance carriers are inflation adjusted. Take what you've learned and use it. Not everyone needs to be a doctor, lawyer, or STEMer to make a good living.

Can college students get food stamps?

I had to go to DHS just to get rejected for health care so I could qualify for a discount at a hospital. Sitting with 40 lazy fucks and niggers for 3 hours sucks. Watching them skillfully neglecting their children. Ungrateful that they have to wait for their entitlements. I didn't want EBT but the woman tried to push $80 a month on me. I had a job too. I know at least 15 people that can work but would rather bleed the system for every benefit possible. It's a way of life. I can't wait for the day that the benefits run out and they have no job experience to fall back on.

I sell HVAC and do about that as well. Nice living

Yes, the government gives refugees money to start business that hardly sell anything but make a killing buying EBT. Paying them 50% on the dollar usually. I love seeing stores get busted.

back in the 90's they still used the paper food stamps. It was easier for anyone to buy and sell them. Yet it's still being abused.

This
The money is stolen form you whether you use it or not
Use your food money on other things

That's why conservatives should control ubi and make sure it's not enough to live on. Lower taxes, no excuses. Here's ten grand, go fuck yourself.

There is a code word to welfare. Whites just don't get it. You literally have to lie on govt forms to get anything.