Christian General

Daily verse:

>Thus says the LORD: Cursed are those who trust in mere mortals, and make mere flesh their strength, whose hearts turn away from the LORD. They shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when relief comes. They shall live in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. Blessed are those who trust in the LORD, and whose trust is the LORD. They shall be like a tree planted in water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought it is not anxious, and does not cease to bear fruit.
--Jeremiah 17:5-8

ITT:
>discuss Christian doctrine/theology
>talk about your own faith and its impact on your life
>debate politics, philosophy, and current events from a Christian angle
>share your thoughts on the state of Christendom and what can be done to save it
>conduct studies of the Bible and other holy works

All denominations are welcome (with respect to Catholic supremacy, of course). Be nice to each other and have a good time!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zN7J64IeBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Awww, but seriously go take your cuckold threads back to /gif/ where they belong, okay?

Good verse
Stop.

I'm considering of converting to Orthodox Christianity.

>st-stop!
A religion based around Joseph's wife's son, and you wonder why it's full of cuckolds?
>all are equal in Christ's eyes!

which is the best bible version? been looking into reading it properly
i know king james version is the general one but i've been looking into the new revised standard version (catholic one)
any christfag/catholic care to voice a opinion?

my gets have proven that god is dead.

Catholic Bibles are from the Latin Vulgate which is a bad translation in Latin of the Septuagint.

>discuss Christian doctrine/theology
What's the deal with hell? It seems that something as important as eternal damnation would be consistent among Christians, yet different denominations have different beliefs for hell.
My question is: from where does the Christian belief in hell come?

I wanna fug Christ-chan.

which bible would you recommend me?

>yfw neitzche was someones wifes son
>yfw everyone was someones wifes son
>yfw you are your dads wifes son

The Orthodox Study Bible.

Being cucked by God is the only acceptable cuckolding

I have come to partake in this thread.

See
I have recently started reading it and am thoroughly enjoying it. The notes are very insightful and the inclusion of art is nice.

Thoughts on Gnosticism, Sup Forums ?

Are there elves in the bible?

ALLAH IS GOD AND MUHAMMED IS HIS PROPHET

"So it came to pass that Ver Omesh was gripped by a great famine. So Markon went to the Prophet Articus and asked to go to the forest for food. The prophet bade him be patient, for the Ori provide for all who have faith. But Markon did not believe. So the prophet drew a line in the sand and told him, 'Step across and you may do as you wish.' So Markon did and left the village and feasted on wild berries. The fruit was bitter. It did not satisfy him. He longed to return to the village, but found that the line had widened to a great chasm. He called out to the Prophet in fear, but the Prophet said, 'The line has not changed; it is you who have changed. Step across if you truly believe.' So Markon prayed for forgiveness and took the first step. And the hands of the Ori enveloped all those who welcomed him back."

Go with the KJV, and avoid Catholic bibles. The one you mentioned, the RSV, is just a bad imitation of KJV anyway with modern lingo.

Sorry, you mentioned NRSV, that version has gender neutral language so avoid. It's only worth getting if you want the New Oxford Annotated Bible edition for the scholarly notes.

Gnosticism is the hubris of believing that whatever truth is out there should present itself on a silver platter to you if it wants to be believed.

Wait, woops, that's agnosticism. Gnosticism has the same fundamental shortcoming, though. Gnostics try to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical because they can't handle the disconnect between them and the powers that be. It's self-serving sophistry.

Sup Forums is an Orthodox board

filthy christcucks
stupid christcuck

lustful sinner

>I'm a Christcuck and Proud!
Will you have a Pride parade, Christcuck?

Jesus loves you user :3

>:3
dirty fucker

Fuck off back to /x/
Theyre all the same shit but it doesn't matter anymore, theres websites you can read any version you want or multiple side by side.

no, no, Sup Forums is the best place for Bible Studies!
where else but the Politics Board can you learn about Jesus?

>says the supporter of the ideology that only lasted 12 years
So much for a thousand year reich

stupid strawman you stupid christcuck

It's not a strawman, it's history.

Read your bible and go to church =^__^=

Blessed are the Jews for they are truly God's Chosen People.

Hello schlomo

>Caring about gets
>Outside of Sup Forums
>>>/kys/

The jews surrendered to Satan even before the sacrifice of Jesus. Their god is not the Lord.

Read your Bible and go to Church.
Orthodoxy proclaims:
Blessed are the Jews.

>They shall bring to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die; because she hath wrought folly in Israel -- to play the whore in her father's house.
>So shalt thou put evil away among you.
--Yaweh (Deutronomy 22:21)

>Avrahmic cancers, all cut from the same shit-smeared cloth

Outcomes don't matter - wicked people live comfortable lives and less wicked people experience misfortune in this world. What matters is obeying God, and not your feelings or what actually comes about as a consequence of obeying God. Remember that, because most "Christians" utterly fail to understand that the moral gravity of God's commands aren't contingent on outcomes.

Thus proclaimeth your one, true god -- Mammon.

>good goy

they are talmudists satanists , we Christians are Gods chosen people. :)

>indeed. we truly are.

Bump

Have a good read and a nice day anons. God bless you if you are reading this message.

is that a giant duck ?

nope , have a look here bitch

FRESH
R
E
S
H

you funny user
have a wish

Nice try kike

Blessed are the Christcucks for the truly are God's cucks.
Stop sperging out, kike.

>>They shall bring to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die; because she hath wrought folly in Israel -- to play the whore in her father's house.
>>So shalt thou put evil away among you.
>--Yaweh (Deutronomy 22:21)

>he who has no sin, cast the first stone
--Yahwehs' Son- Jesus Christ

>saved by grace, not the law
>the law is death

guess from which book you quoted?
law or grace?

I wish Moscow nukes the Vatican and crusader flags in here

I don't understand you there .

>Blessed be the Lord Jesus Christ , destroyer of kikes.

your autism has proven you don't know diddly

>>Blessed be the Lord Jesus Christ , destroyer of kikes.
Yes!
Blessed be the Lord Jesus Christ , destroyer of kikes.
Blessed are the Christcucks for they truly are God's cucks.
You understand, Cuck of Christ?

>faith matters but numbers don't
christcucks, everyone.
Your religion is dying out. You can say it's the "fast growing" but you forget that niggers and chinks are not going to help your religion.

So, seen this today. Idk where that guy is going but I almost crashed staring at him.
And bump

No?
Stop calling me cuck of Christ ?
You blaspheming son of a bitch ?

fuck pagans too, they're just jidf in disguise DONT BE A CHRISTIAN !!!!111!!!!!!1
> be pagan :D who listens to crazy pagan natsoc clowns ah hah hah
>(god forbid these whites cluster around White Christianity, knock on wood)

Did you have a seizure?
Typical Cuck of Christ.

>technologically retarded
Still trying to figure out this cellular phone

don't worry anons, jesus is coming soon, a few more months and *poof* were gone, then you'll see that God is real, Jesus is real, and that there is a Hell.

then you'll have a choice of life and death, serve God and die (by the hands of satans armies) or serve satan and die (in the war against God) and be punished for eternity in hell.

i opt out and choose to serve God now, before his return, so that i don't live with that ultimatum during the tribulation.

>don't worry anons, jesus is coming soon, a few more months
Hail Jesus! HE WILL come again! By Christmas 2017 GUARANTEED best Christmas present Ever!
Holy Cuck of Christ Praise the LORD.

>This either confuses or entertains the Christian.
youtube.com/watch?v=1zN7J64IeBo

I'd like to talk about the "pale horse" in Revelation 6:8 KJV
>And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Now compare that 'pale horse' with the other three horses
Rev 6:2
>And I saw, and behold a white horse
Rev 6:4
>And there went out another horse that was red
Rev 6:5
>And I beheld, and lo a black horse

The other three horses have distinct vibrant colors: Red, Black, White, but then we get to the 'Pale' Horse. It doesn't... fit with the others. It's not a vibrant color. It's not consistent. So I went looking into the original Greek text of the bible and found something interesting: The original Greek text described it as a CHLOROS Horse.
chloros is used four times in the bible (including Rev 6:8).
>..and all green (chloros) grass was burnt up.” Revelation 8:7
>...they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green (chloros) thing,” Revelation 9:4
>...upon the green (chloros) grass.” Mark 6:39
The 'Pale Horse' isn't actually pale: it's GREEN!
It fits with the others. It's a vibrant, distinct color. We have Red, White, Black, and Green horses!

>How did the "Pale" horse come to be?
There are two definitions for Chloros: Green or Yellowish Pale.
>Speculation: Somewhere along the line, English translators see the Green Horse and it's too much for them, so they see the Yellowish Pale definition and imagine a pale horse, and that image sticks in their minds so they write in Pale Horse in different versions of the bible, and that's how it came to be so popularised over the green horse.

Dont you people ever get tired of this whole "the end is nigh" routine? Its getting stale.
Do, do you not know those pictures of that girl in a horse? What a newfag.

are you faggot ?
>typical deus vult flagtards

>We have Red, White, Black, and Green horses!
All we need now is blue!

xxx xxxx xx xxxx xxxxx xxx "xxxx xxxxx" xx xxxxxxxxxx x:x xxx
>xxx x xxxxxx, xxx xxxxxx x xxxx xxxxx: xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxx xx xxx xxx xxxxx, xxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxx.

xxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx
xxx x:x
>xxx x xxx, xxx xxxxxx x xxxxx xxxxx
>xxx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxx
>xxx x xxxxxx, xxx xx x xxxxx xxxxx

xxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx: xxx, xxxxx, xxxxx, xxx xxxx xx xxx xx xxx xxxxxx xxxxx. xx xxxxxxx... xxx xxxx xxx xxxxxx. xxxx xxx x xxxxxxx xxxxx. xxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxx. xx x xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx: xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx xx xx x xxxxxxx xxxxx.
xxxxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xx xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxxxx xxx x:x).
>..xxx xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx) xxxxx xxx xxxxx xx.” xxxxxxxxxx x:x
>...xxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxxx xx xxx xxxxx, xxxxxxx xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx) xxxxx,” xxxxxxxxxx x:x
>...xxxx xxx xxxxx (xxxxxxx) xxxxx.” xxxx x:xx
xxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx: xxxx xxxxx!
xx xxxx xxxx xxx xxxxxx. xxxx x xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx xxxxx. xx xxxx xxx, xxxxx, xxxxx, xxx xxxxx xxxxxx!

>xxx xxx xxx "xxxx" xxxxx xxxx xx xx?
xxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx: xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxxx.
>xxxxxxxxxxx: xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxxx, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxx xxxxx xxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxx, xx xxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx x xxxx xxxxx, xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xx xxxxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxx, xxx xxxxxx xxx xx xxxx xx xx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxx xxxxx xxxxx.
No! Read Your Bible and Go To Church, Faggot.

>Dont you people ever get tired of this whole "the end is nigh" routine?
Why would we get tired of it?

Hey guys! Newly converted Christian here. Got some questions:

What's the most effective way to construct my cuckshed/backyard chapel? If you have any guides, post them please. I'd prefer they be on the cheap side, mistress only gave me $100 for the month.

Also, how I can get the immigrants my wife is hosting in our house to stop bullying me and calling me "Kuffar"

Thank you and God bless!!!

Because, y'know, it never happens and never will.
>can't actually draw so you make OC by redrawing over other people's stuff
You people are truly scum.

>Dont you people ever get tired of this whole "the end is nigh" routine? Its getting stale.
you do know that no one said "the end is nigh...right?"
we are in the middle of the apocalypse (revelations in english), right?
though this year, time will be no more
>revelations 10:6-7 fulfilled revelations 11:15
we are at around revelations 11:3-7

revelations 11:15 is around the time that the last trumpet sounds and the dead rise and we all get raptured.

that isn't the end, but the begining.

What saint do you wear anons? Mine is Aloysius Gonzaga. Patron of young students and Christian youth.

>white christianity
does not exist, all are equal in Christ's eyes and literally every denomination of Christianity preaches this universalist doctrine. You would rather your daughter marry a black Christian than a white atheist.

>Because, y'know, it never happens and never will.
What makes you say that, user?

>>We have Red, White, Black, and Green horses!
>All we need now is blue!
hades followed death, so theres that

pic
better douse you in gasoline and throw you in the oven larpkike

i don't wear saints, i'm not into idol worship.
you should repent though.
>inb4 it's not idol worship
i guess it isn't sex if its anal.

Don't worship the saint. Merely look to the man for inspiration and solidarity in service to Christ.

Jesus protects, user. I pray for your Eternal Soul.
Hail Jesus.
In Orthodoxy WE TRUST.

Gods exist in the heart and minds of the people who truly worship them.

Can someone please explain Orthodoxy to me? I hear Catholic, Coptic and Orthodox are technically all the same church but with different traditions. However, I'm not too sure exactly what that means.

die flag switching faggot kike
I'm Orthodox, you're an insect

come another day when were not busy

Saint Maria Canocci (I know I spelled that wrong), saint of young girls and rape victims. She was a 12yo Italian farm girl, a friend of the family tried to fuck her but she rebuked him like a good Catholic girl so he stabbed her death.

All three believe they are the "same" church in the sense that they all believe they are the unbroken, true, original church from the time of Christ. Which happens to be factually wrong for all three. You can rank them if you want, to how close they are to what you would consider "original" tradition. Coptic is closest, followed by Orthodox, POWER GAP, Catholicism.

Hey am I allowed to confess a story that happened to me about 11 years ago?

What did you do? Suck cocks because you're a gay faggot?

Catholic comes from the Greek meaning Universal. It was once used to describe the universal church under one communion. However, once the Roman Empire there was a lack of unity and they began to drift apart. Read about the Great Schism if you are interested. Their doctrine is more similar to each other than it is to whatever bagillion number of Protestants, but they still do differ. One example would be the Pope's importance. Orthodoxy gave their Patriarchs more agency, don't know how else to put, rather than mostly power to one, the pope.

Therefore there are also different types of Orthodox solely because of Geographical regions, Coptic (Egypt) , Greek, Russian etc.

Once the Roman empire collapsed*

Might as well stir some shit in here some more since everyone else seems to be.

> Paul the "Apostle" is a liar, who misled many and is a false apostle. His works should be removed from Canon and only considered in a historical context.

What does that make me (other than a heretic of course)? I heard Calvinists hold a similar position but I refuse to be lumped with Protestants.

Also, I'm not to sure about the Catholic Church today, but from what I know Orthodoxy still recognizes the importance of the Ecumenical councils. The first 7 at least. You know, like Councils of Nicea, Constantinople, Council of Ephesus

No. When I was a child my babysitter repeatedly sodomized me, and he would do it almost every time I saw him. He liked to whisper things like "You're a faggot and God hates you." and "You are going to hell for this." It's very traumatic for me.

Damn thanks for sharing.

>quote literally says christcucks should know only hell
Christcucks are literally so retarded they can't even understand the simplest verses of the bible. This is why they became christcucks in the first place of course.

>in

Yep Saul Paul was Ceasers hitman.
Can't trust that mafia goon

are you a catholcuck ?

Beautiful verse OP.

I love the Lord.

Christianity is the salvation of humankind.