IQ really is a Sup Forums participation trophy

Facts about IQ
>Useless and abandoned in any professional or business fields.
>Correlates with upbringing, experience and education, rather than natural intellect.
>Most modern IQ measurement cites are scams that basically make their clients feel good for several bucks, pretty similar to buy_a_star, or buy_some_land_on_the_moon type internet sites.

I know that I'll get a lot of hate for this of course, because many NEETS and loosers depend on it like WE WUZ GENIUZES AND SHIT BUT I LIVE WID MY MOMA ON MUH NEETBUX BECUZ DA STUPID JOOZ AND NIGGAZ AND SHITSKINZ KIPING DA CLEVA WHITE MAN DOWN,
but your example is, in fact, another example of the failure of IQ.

Modern psychology uses much more elaborate system that measures certain attributes of intellect directly and separately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjs2gPa5sD0
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/the-validity-of-iq/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_v._Duke_Power_Co.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A certain canadian psychologist would disagree strongly. youtube.com/watch?v=fjs2gPa5sD0

You are saying things that are not true, are you aware of this? I don't have a high iq so it doesn't have anything to do with my own desire for status. Iq has an enormous amount of evidence for being predictive of many outcomes, and also for being mostly inheritable.

The things you are saying are only repeated by journalists, the people who study it agree unanimously. They are just shunned for the obvious political reasons.

Peterson is not a psychologist. He is a political ideologue, who used to live off the Cold War, and reemerged in the modern ideological clash.

Also, I'd prefer text, and I'd prefer proofs as to what is contested.

>abandoned in professional fields

No, I'm pretty sure you're just legally not allowed to use iq tests in hiring decisions

IQ WASN'T """ABANDONED""" IN THE PROFESSIONAL SPHERE LEGISLATION WAS PUT IN PLACE TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL

FUCK OFF NIGGER FAGGOT

Private enterprise doesn't use IQ whatsoever. It has zero market value - and it is safe to conclude it has zero scientific or utilitarian value.

There were tests that showed that it was social status that influenced IQ: adopted children that grew together in a similar conditions as the native ones did well.

Because it would discriminate against niggers.

>adopted children that grew together in a similar conditions as the native ones did well.

Wrong.

>Correlates with upbringing, experience and education, rather than natural intellect.

No, much research indicates that it's about 50/50 nature/nurture.

twin studies are conducive to genetic predisposition or lack thereof, not whether or not iq is a valid metric of intelligence idiot.

IQ does have a market value because those with higher iq are better at problem solving and pattern recognition. things a business should have the right to select for

Definitely not in Russia, and I highly doubt it is even true for America.
All the companies that I worked for did a bunch of performance tests, not to mention asking for diploma and certificates - and hired mostly based on that. Those tests, however, emulated the practical tasks, and, unlike IQ, are a direct measure of how good your skill and intellect is for the job.

congratulations on doing menial labor where intelligence isnt a factor

and it is in fact illegal in the states, you could google that instead of speculating

IQ doesn't follow preferred narrative - IQ abandoned
Formal tests don't match preferred narrative - SAT and ACT abandoned

The twin studies show the opposite of that. As do all the studies that are blatantly trying to deny the effect.

Look it is not a nice thing to think about, the implications are not happy for social harmony, but you are refusing to consider that you may be wrong.

That arent*

Absolutely wrong.
IQ is highly correlated to personal and group success (to a higer degree in how well you do in school, and to a less extent to income)

Have you seen Africa?

False
And false

some great posts in this thread

validity of iq:thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/the-validity-of-iq/

heritability of iq> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
That link shows persicely what I was claiming: IQ variability is majorly influenced by enviromental effect rather than genetic.
>validity of iq
I'm not saying that IQ is completely invalid. I'm claiming that it is obsolete both in science and in business.

More importantly, IQ means nothing for a person if he has nothing to show for it, which is the main point concerning Sup Forums.

OP is a a retarded sack of shit.

IQ tests are EVERYWHERE. Colleges use them (called SAT or other aptitude and entrance tests), the military uses them (ASVAB, Officer-level tests, etc), even the fucking NFL uses them (Wonderlic).

My IQ is 126, 96th percentile, by a real proctored 90 minute full scale evaluation (pic related). The ASVAB placed me 94th percentile. The Mensa online practice test rated me 126 at 95th percentile, and 4 other online test rated me at 126 or 125. Online IQ tests are VERY accurate if you find the right ones.

And despite OP's ignorance, I is THE SINGLE MOST well-researched and rigorously validated metric in all of psychology.

>That link shows persicely what I was claiming: IQ variability is majorly influenced by enviromental effect rather than genetic.

t. IQ fail

I would like you to genuinely consider what you're saying. You say that iq is not entirely valid but it is "obsolete". What does this mean user? It means that you know it has some truth to it though you want to deny the genetic part, but you recognize that people don't use it anymore.
Why would people not use something that has truth to it? What are the implications of that? "Obsolete" is here a political term, is it not?

And I agree with you that it is only really useful for populations, with an individual the relevance of iq is swallowed by the many other factors about him. However- a 90 iq person will never be a successful physicist. You can expand this to all the various relevant consequences.

Here you go, faggot, just one line from the intro
>Recent studies suggest that family and parenting characteristics are not significant contributors to variation in IQ scores; however, poor prenatal environment, malnutrition and disease can have deleterious effects.

Not entirely invalid*

What I don't get about IQ tests is, couldn't you study for them, and wouldn't that completely alter the outcome? For instance if there's two people of comparable intelligence and one has taken numerous tests and knows exactly what sort of problem solving and pattern identification they need to practice for, they would perform much better than the other person who's never seen an IQ test and goes in completely blind.

Also exceptionally correlative to success and inversely related to crime rate, what a god damn coincidence.

t. nigger

>The Mensa online practice test rated me 126 at 95th percentile, and 4 other online test rated me at 126 or 125. Online IQ tests are VERY accurate if you find the right ones.
Wait so my score isn't just a meme?

one point though,
while there are a lot of IQ pills floating around,
Sup Forums seems to have slipped badly on the big 5
needs some autistic attention

Uh-oh, we have an angry brainlet here guys

No, he's a literal clinical psychologist.

t. IQ fail

Both untrue. The only major criticism (besides IQ being significantly reduced in cases of early malnutrition, which just means Africa is even more fucked than it would be normally) of valid IQ tests is that they have slight biases in presentation. Its difficult to adjust the tests for people who do not understand western numerical signs, and especially difficult to administer the test to those who are illiterate. There are ways to compensate for this, however, and they have shown surprising aptitude among brazilian street kids for counting, as one example.

>>Most modern IQ measurement cites are scams that basically make their clients feel good for several bucks, pretty similar to buy_a_star, or buy_some_land_on_the_moon type internet sites.
This is true though. Anyone who doesn't get the test administered in person by an official authority is getting scammed. MENSA is a good place to go to, since they pay for a license of one of the officially recognized IQ exams. (that doesn't compensate for MENSA being a bunch of fucking faggots, but if you want a valid IQ result they're the best on hand usually)

I don't see why you would get meaningfully better by studying. It's a pattern recognition test; not a memorization one.

> What does this mean user?
That, for all practical purposes, there are tests that allow better evaluation of people's aptitude of a particular task. If you want to find out how good mathematician a person is, you will provide him with a series of mathematical problems. It will tell you precisely how good he is in that field.
If you want to hire a person, you will also give him related tests and observe him in a work-like environment.

In terms of science, there are more in-depth tests that measure individual attributes of intellect, like different types of memory.

Not really higher iq is positively correlated with better life outcomes in pretty much everything, hell in the case of lifespan it isnt even just that iq gives compounding benefits throughout your life through better info or access to higher quality healthcare, there's physiological difference

no, not studying but training.
should get you some extra points indeed, especially if speed is under consideration. probably meaningless on group level.

>Useless and abandoned in any professional or business fields
no d8b8, m8

If it is harder for non-westerners, why do Asians with their moonrunes score the best?

Truth is that only real, non-scam IQ tests are completely without numbers (or letters) only symbols which have no cultural dependency.

Most of the bigger, more picky employers have their own sets of tests which measure, at least partly, IQ as well.

If IQ is fake for the Ivan, I'm sure he wouldn't mind his kid having IQ of a 75. It doesn't mean anything, right. Small potato will be literally the same as a neighbours kid with IQ of 130. Right?

What do you mean?
I agree with you there. Iq is not the best metric for any given scenario. But it is just about the closest metric we have for the general intelligence of a population, where intelligence is defined as success in various desirable outcomes.

It is mostly just measuring pattern recognition ability so of course it can't predict everything . But there is substantial evidence that pattern recognition is the very purpose of the neocortex so it is a very important element.

>Modern psychology uses much more elaborate system that measures certain attributes of intellect directly and separately.
Oh yeah like what?
Do these new elaborate systems show anything Sup Forums thinks about intelligence is wrong like blacks actually being as smart as asians or do we just have to start saying g instead of IQ?

You can train to be better at IQ tests. Its not memorization or anything like that, more like doing the same baseball throw or shooting a basket the same way over and over to get better at that specific type of movement. The brain is trainable in a similar way.

Western kids are "trained" to think at school in the same way that IQ tests are designed to test for.

Some SJW types would say that discredits its cross cultural usefulness. They're retarded, but that's the first argument against them you usually come up against.

I do not believe your russian. I would bet HUGE that you sir are a fucking jew. I too think IQ is pointless, but I know I'm a dirty jew and not some American swine; running goy of my blood line.

>more like doing the same baseball throw or shooting a basket the same way over and over to get better at that specific type of movement. The brain is trainable in a similar way.
But can you actually prove this? If we assume different random tests taken every time, will people get meaningfully better or will the Gaussian just shift a little to the right?

>adopted children that grew together in a similar conditions as the native ones did well.

Guess again.

Absolutely false. Go apply to Monsanto or DuPont or any advanced biotech company online. You will take an iq test..

there is a second equally important but mor complex predictor, called the big 5 personality traits.
Basically also a PCA result, but 5D's are retained.
These should have group differences also, but i haven't seen any good marterial on it. Don't know if it exist though, might be highly politically incorrect.
Don't have time to do research about it atm.

>this whole thread

>Western kids are "trained" to think at school in the same way that IQ tests are designed to test for.
you wish
t. blast from the past

They sorta are.

>The Supreme Court ruled that under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, if such tests disparately impact ethnic minority groups, businesses must demonstrate that such tests are "reasonably related" to the job for which the test is required.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_v._Duke_Power_Co.
Since we know that IQ tests will "disparately impact" nonwhites and nonasians, the burden is on the business to prove that the test is "reasonably related" to the job. For plenty of highly technical jobs, this isn't a big deal to show, but there's a ton of grey area.

Go to any company website and an IQ/personality test is required. Every goddamn one.

They skip around that ruling by having the test give a "strong recommend" or "weak recommend" outcome so it's not the single factor in hiring.

>IQ/personality test
These are not the same thing. There are a ton of jobs that have nothing close to approaching an IQ test.

I went and took the test. Eerily accurate and not at all pandering like most of those tests it was honest about the flaws.
Interesting.

But if I understand you you're saying this doesn't have much evidence that correlates it with outcomes?

its ok tyrome nobody gives a fuck about iq we just say we do to make a real world justification for your kinds complete extermination

So he's a """"social scientist"""" pretending to have medical knowledge, much like how sociologists pretend to understand economics and statistics

no, i meant in terms of population structure, example (mass) immigration:
not only is low IQ bad, people might have a different personality structure
might be important part of cultural incompatability

>If IQ is fake for the Ivan
If you read what I wrote, I've never mentioned that.

>I'm sure he wouldn't mind his kid having IQ of a 75.
Being able to detect retards and a rather imprecise and generalised quality of a testee is extremely far-off from what Sup Forums puts into IQ.

That seems extremely likely given how fast evolution can occur. The question is if this test predicts it in a useful way like iq does.

If you don't mind me asking where are you from, I can't place your way if speaking culturally

Guess this explains why niggers and spics drop out of school a lot.

>IQ correlates with education
>IQ is useless in professional and business fields
How the fuck do you contradict yourself this badly in two sentences?

IQ only tells a part of the story. the other factor being a 'Creativity Quotient(CQ) for which there is no current metric; instead it is borne out by invention, creation, and doing that which was previously believed to be impossible. there are a couple of groups that hope like hell, that a CQ is never developed.

I've purposely nestled my intellect from society because I find being famous for something always draws negative attention.

So I've used Sup Forums to proxy my ideas with crypto memes and destroy snow flakes like a flamethrower, all while being comfy.

And I've neglected personal image to warrant people away.

Yet I've come up with nanogenerator (TENG) propositions for new energy.

I could proposition a tensor on the curve of stupidity uttered by the morsels who actually think they are smart here.

In fact I've been pushing automation overtaking jobs for over 3 years.

needn't even be fast, humanity took its time already. It at least might explain, almost prove, that cultural differences are not that easily overcome by postmodernist queer dance theory classes.
>If you don't mind me asking where are you from, I can't place your way if speaking culturally
what do you mean?
germ btw

born into the wrong timeline; where high-intelligence is mocked

low IQ slav jealous of his Jewish co-eds detected

t. neet in basement

I meant only that I couldn't readily identify you as a type based on how you write, which I usually can. Your grammar is not off or anything it is just that you don't speak in idioms or where you do they seen like they are imported. Does "germ" mean German?

And "fast" is of course relative. We have been told that evolution takes millions of years because that is the number that places human population differentiation out of the realm of possibility.

I actually work 50-60 hours a week in physical labor.

I've come to find my needs at a young age and have concluded that society isn't worth investing in.

The long term outcome leaves you robbed of dignity. I find no worth in overcompensation in life if I enjoy how I live within my medium.

People make fun of those who can actually distinguish between need and want because everyone wants everything but they can't rationalize what they need.

Can confirm.
Adopted Russian from the 90's.
Not an idiot, to be sure.

Yeah and I'm Baron Trump. If you are insecure enough to brag about it on a Bulgarian Geese Farming board you obviously have issues with your success and intelligence. Sort yourself out cunt.

Pic related shows my "official" "real" IQ (FSIQ) is 126—not to brag, but to show that there ARE really good online IQ tests because here are the ones that rated me ±1 point from my true IQ. If any 3 of these tests give you comparable scores (±5 points of the mean, probably) then you now know with 95% reliability what your IQ is.

FREE
> intelligencetest.com
> test.mensa.no
> The military PICAT (aka ASVAB). Talk to any recruiter about joining and they will give you a key to access the online test at home.

PAID
> giqtest.com - $10- probably the best out of ALL the "unofficial" tests, also gives a very nice report.
> us.mensa.org/join/mht/ - $10 - Mensa's official online "practice" test. They probably know more about IQ tests than anyone other than the military. Guaranteed extremely reliable.

I don't know what test you took. Also, I wouldn't rely on one test. Refer to the statement above on these tests and the reliability of average 3 or more with similar scores.

But you came here to brag about yourself instead of laying down your ideas. It show quite clearly that you came for self-validation. And most people who do it here are actually lowest of the low. Since you presented no proofs to your claims, it would be logical to consider you

>t. neet in basement

Oh ok. I am aso a bit type lazy atm.
I also like to make up and recombine idioms. After all, this is a meme board.
How do you classify?

Agreed, some 50 to 100 generations might be enough to see differences, depending on selection pressure
t. hans

Russia + USA = Killing Faggot Daily

tested twice
1st test 128
2nd test 132 - after eating breakfast as advised. but this doesn't tell the whole story. there is no metric as of yet for a creativity quotient. "some" who may not appear bright stars according to IQ spectrum; are able to mesh different disciplines and create something wild, fantastic and previously thought to be impossible because they understand topological metaphors at the application-level

What kind of insecure faggot pays for an IQ test?

Oh I just took the test.mensa.no one. I did it a couple of times I think; forgot what my first score was; something in the upper 120s.

Your first score is the reliable one. I've also verified that one against my true proctored Wechsler score, so if you take a few other tests that I listed and they all give you a similar score then you know your IQ and you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars or ever really think about it again. IQ doesn't change significantly throughout your life.

IQ score is delivered within a margin of error, usually 95%. You can now think of your score as being on its own little distribution curve with 130 in the middle and 134 at the extreme high end and 126 at the extreme low end. You are VERY LIKELY to be 130 (or, very likely to function at 130 MOST OF THE TIME) and much less likely to be closer to either extreme (or, closer to either extreme much less OFTEN).

> Losers who think not being poor makes you insecure. Your life sucks, and you suck.

All sorts of evidence from various types of tests.

You can train a person to be better at virtually any task, which creates appreciable differences in related brain regions.

A specific example from neurobiology is that people have been trained to discern slightly different pitched tones. As they train, they not only get better, to the point where they can tell the difference between tones they couldn't before, the region in the brain responsible for tonal differences grows.

The principle is the same. Differences are easier to detect for these smaller, focused areas (the brain area for detecting pitch is much better understood and simpler than the larger more vague "pattern recognition") but general growth in areas for spatial imagination in IQ tests have been measured

This isn't a convincing argument to me. You can't simply claim that because you can train to get better at X, you can train to get better at Y when X and Y are very very different things. In this case, discerning pitch is literally just long term memorization. That's totally different. Like I said earlier, a small increase seems likely to me, but I seriously doubt you'll see a shift of say 10 points if you constantly do IQ tests all day.

The classification is instinctive. It is probably because every German I have met is extremely leftist so you didn't register.

The sort off uncomfortable conclusion is that even people of different social classes are potentially undergoing speciation on a generation to generation level. At least that is how I understand it

>What kind of insecure faggot pays for an IQ test?
the insecure kind

It has nothing to do with the actual amount of the money, it's the fact that you paid for however many tests to validate your faggot ass feelings of superiority. For what? So you can post about it on a fucking anime image board? So you can hang your scores in your room? Tell all your online friends about it? You are still a fucking insecure loser at the end of the day.

no, but you would recognise certain patterns in the tasks and draw on experience how to solve them.
It also relieves you of the stress to figure out what the task at hand is, when you know the basic gestalt of these tests.

Vitality, Strength, and family ambitions are what keep a people alive.

Sup Forums can masturbate about why they're the master race all day and night.... But only by abandoning the neurotic vision whites have crafted for ourselves can we survive.

No amount of utility will save you at this point.

People like you misunderstand IQ.

IQ (or more precisely, little g) is, by definition, the metric which can't be trained to any significant degree and which is stable from the time you're about 12 until the time you die. If something can be trained beyond what an average 12 year old can reasonably be expected to grasp then it doesn't factor into an intelligence quotient.

You're projecting, and you're wrong. YOU might pay for a test because you're insecure or have an inferiority complex.

I paid for a test because I can afford it and if you understand IQ it offers IMMENSE insights. This is particularly true when you take an actual IQ test, which is proctored by a psychologist, who spends real time with you explaining the implications of the various scores composing an IQ score. He offers advice about your life before you take the test based on a long intake questionnaire, and explains how accounting for the fact of your various scores (and the differences between them) will maximize your sense of having a fulfilling life. He will also reiterate that a high score is a winning lottery ticket, and that a low score is an unfortunate lottery ticket, but that none of it matters if you don't take advantage of the OTHER resources life offers you.

Your failure is in not grasping that the wealth of knowledge in understanding how your individual brain is wired IS ONE OF THOSE RESOURCES. And therefore you're a dumb faggot. I don't even pity you, because you're too dumb to merit pity. Sad!

>t. neet in basement

Seriously you fucking loser how many hours at McDonald's does one have to work to pay for all these tests you've taken to validate your pathetic existence?

Damn you got BTFO

Whites in the present era will need to face collapse before they regain their will. The only possible exception is Russia and even they are seriously compromised.

Modern white men simply will not assert themselves.

Are you high, or just retarded and poor?

If you don't find IQ interesting and have no motivation to test whether online versions are valid, fine.

In either case, fuck right off you insufferable peasant.

"Peasant", says the faggot who is so doubtful of his own intelligence that he has to tell an anime image board about it.

Oosh.

> It is probably because every German I have met is extremely leftist so you didn't register
every german here on Sup Forums?
Well, i think there are some german antifags here who want to be heroic or sth.
I don't know if the left v. right concept is intrinsically meaningfull at all.
There is a place for chaos *and* order. Unfortionately, those who claim to be left have brought about a very unsound authoritarian concept of chaos on everyone, to put it mildly.

By different groups, i meant populations in terms of race, then parallel societies.
I think it is true anyway that class membership is recognizable as group differences in big 5.

It kind of is, as the test isn't as accurate as the real one, and sometimes it's way of.
Most people score within 5 points of what they do on the real test though.

It's settled science, Sup Forums. Niggers are the future.

IQ is still the best indicator we have for personal success.

The reason it is abandoned in education and business is because shitskins have lower IQs so to test for it is "discriminatory"

just because it is not meant to be trainable doesn't mean it isn't.
everything is trainable, it is a question to what degree.

Judging by your posts, you are projecting. How does it feel to be an insecure, low IQ peasant turd lol?