Is there anybody on Sup Forums who's Gen X and not a millennialfag?

Is there anybody on Sup Forums who's Gen X and not a millennialfag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xBfZTkuVzt4
youtube.com/watch?v=bMixsIcApkQ
nytimes.com/books/00/11/05/reviews/001105.05brookst.html
archive.is/aKzhE
hooktube.com/watch?v=UJN9eM84Rq8
youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Ask me nothing

What's the best Simpsons season

Gen X here. Season 4

Thundarr the Barbarian

Venom getting robbed and Metallica swooping in to steal their career

I'm 38. I suppose I am considered Generation X.

Anybody born after 1980 being factored into Generation X is a bit of a stretch to me.

People born in 1980-1981 should be considered Gen X because they mostly graduated hs in 1999, except those born in late 1981 who graduated in 2000. "Millennials" were supposed to refer to the millennium class onward.

Yes. Growing up I thought we were all gonna get nuked.

youtu.be/xBfZTkuVzt4

>"Millennials" were supposed to refer to the millennium class onward.

Millennials is supposed to refer to it being the last generation born prior to the turn of the Millennium.

Yep, that's why I'm so satirical.

>tfw Gen Z
Feels good not being a part of the millennial cancer

I'm 47. We're not all kids.

Sure, I'm towards the earlier part of that range, and here against my better judgement, since I know I'm too old for this shit. Fire away.

The season where homer worked for Scorpio

I was born in 1977.

This is a gen x red pill.youtube.com/watch?v=bMixsIcApkQ

>defining a cultural group by arbitrary word-formation describing arbitrary rounding off of dates
The fact that the person who made this infographic thinks that she even has to tell people that they don't belong to some cultural group is an indication more than anything else that she's wrong.

I was born in 1985 and people from my high school class did not generally share most cultural values with younger Millennials I've seen who were born past 1990. I wouldn't call myself a typical Gen Xer, but I know many people born in 1981-84 who are much more Gen X-like than I am.

This board is 18+, kid.

They say Millenial is 1985 and up.

I'm 1985, but I have no connection to the majority. I grew up listening to grunge. I regret every minute of it.

Born in 79

Also, I consider myself on the cusp of both Gen X and Millenial since different sources have different ideas on the year ranges for both.

If you were born in the 60s your still a boomer to me if you were born past the 70s your a millennial.

That's just wrong.

We weren't aloud to watch it. My parents thought tv was too degenerate. We also got a new radio every year. Mainly because if Dad heard anything aside from classic country or gospel music on it he would make us beat it with a hammer. I miss those days.

37 here
>feelsoldman.jpg

Red dawn seemed so possible. I remember looking out the window at school and thinking the commies could land out there with guns. Just talked about this in another thread...

Yup...was born in 65...in Germany of Canadian born parents...

Yep. Born in '68. Oldfags are better than millenialfags.

Born in 80. Growing up in the 80s was comfy. Far less penetration of sjw philosophy. I'm sure it was there, but nowhere near as widespread.

I'm 1981 but I'm a millennial

I graduated in May 2000

This is why the current Russian hysteria seems so ridiculous to me. It's all just a rerun and not a very good one.

born in 1995. 22. what does that make me?

72 here
Guess what?
My world now. We are the elders. WTF? Slayer!!!
People listen to me at work. It's fuckin trippy man.
Acid, meth, PCP, crack.
It's been a hell of a ride.

SJW bullshit didn't really start to take root until the feely 90s.

1979, please kill me

Same here, and same here.

>38

Same. My grade one teacher told us it might happen. I cried all day. Also that fucking movie The Day After didn't help.

Thundarr and Land of the Lost

Generation Your Mama: Son it's time to put down the computer and go to bed. You have a long day of being useless ahead.

Pol becoming like faggy FreakBook quizez to slowly gather all your info
>post where you live user
>post your job user
>post your salary user
>post your general birthrate user
>post the stores you go to user
>post your wife's maiden name user
>post a pic of your car user
>post a good place to and time to catch you alone in an alley user

Millennial, no matter what idiotic autists on here try to tell you. Gen Z begins with births in 2000 onward. You are a younger edge millennial.

It doesn't matter what your "cultural values" are. You are still a Millennial.

This article was written in 2000 and refers to Millennials as born 1982 and up.

nytimes.com/books/00/11/05/reviews/001105.05brookst.html
>More striking than the demographic and morbidity trends, Howe and Strauss say, is the change in attitude. Howe and Strauss's Millennials -- defined as the high school class of 2000 and younger -- are less cynical than their elders. The boomers, as described here, are self-absorbed rebels. The Gen X types -- born from the mid-1960's to 1981 -- are more likely to be cynical slackers who go in for depressing music and ironic detachment.

>The Millennials are earnest, can-do types, more like the World War II generation than their parents or older siblings. The Millennials, the authors write, ''will correct what they will perceive to be the mistakes . . . of boomers, by placing positivism over negativism, trust over cynicism, science over spiritualism, team over self, duties over rights, honor over feeling, action over words.'' Basically, it sounds as if America has two greatest generations at either end of the age scale and two crummiest in the middle.

Let's archive it archive.is/aKzhE

your daughter has bangin tits

Thanks

1978 here.

Duck and cover, motherfucker!

I was born in 1983, am I Gen X or Millennial?

Millennial, look at the picture

That describes gen Z more than Gen Y. Gen Y is like the shit generation born before World War 1 in Germany. Coming of age in the roaring 20s and basking in Weimar decadence.

Gen Z are going to be the ones in the brown shirts restoring order along with Gen Y captains who are the exception and not the rule.

Gen X will be running the show laughing "Jews suck"....The Jewish pushed nihilism backfiring on them

>duties over rights
>millennials

Yes. Fuck Boomers and Millennials (the new Boomers). Only difference is that Millennials will never be of any consequence other than as consumers being overshadowed and outcast by Gen X and Z. I've met a few worthy Millennials, but on a whole they are worthless and nothing but a cancer on our society. I have more respect for my Gen Z children and their friends.

i hate my generation. i want to gas my generation.

Any Gen X here that grew up in the metro NY area? PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX!

yea, now go fuck yourself

I'm literally shitposting right now from my toilet so couldn't read the image. Wish me luck, I had Chipotle.

1977 X-er.

Just sold my 28,000th copy of my novel on Monday.

Yes, but the delineation is 1960-1979. '75 here.

i was born in 86 but i was raised and sheltered from alot of degeneracy

my music taste interests and political views are old fashioned

im 31 and i dont have any kinship with millennials.

Same.

You're not a Gen Xer, period.

u fuck
stop calling me Gen X. troll. people born 1980> are not gen mutherfucking X

>The majority of researchers and demographers start the generation in the early 1980s, with many ending the generation in the mid-1990s. Australia's McCrindle Research[28] regards 1980–1994 as Generation Y birth years. A 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers[29] report and Edelman Berland[30] use 1980–1995. Gallup Inc.,[31][32][33] Eventbrite[34][35] and Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research[36] all use 1980–1996. Ernst and Young uses 1981–1996.[37] Manpower Group uses 1982–1996.[38]

Others end the generation in the late 1990s or early 2000s. A 2017 viral video from BuzzFeed, detailing the seven living generations of Americans, described Millennials as those born between 1981–1997.[39] On the American television program Survivor, for their 33rd season, subtitled Millennials vs. Gen X, the "Millennial tribe" consisted of individuals born between 1984 and 1997.[40] Goldman Sachs,[41] Resolution Foundation,[42][43] and a 2013 Time magazine cover story[44] all use 1980–2000. SYZYGY, a digital service agency partially owned by WPP, uses 1981–1998,[45][46] and the United States Census Bureau uses 1982–2000.[47] Pew Research Center defines Millennials as being born from 1981 onwards, with no chronological end point set yet.[48][49]

Gen X is my uncle and aunt who were born in 60s and 70s

hooktube.com/watch?v=UJN9eM84Rq8

Old enough to be your father. Any chance your mum was an exchange student to NY?

1979, Jimmy Carter baby.

I listened to The Fixx in High School.

I've heard them once on the radio in the last two or three years. Reach the Beach was clutch.

What was the name given to those prior to Gen X ?

Clinton era. Ridiculous then and really thought it would blow over. Who would image an entire generation would not only embrace but create a fucking religion around it. Fuck Millennials and their Boomer handlers.

There was a famous picture of a 2 year old throwing up on Jimmy Carter when he was in Michigan for the 1980 run.

I was that kid.

Baby Boomers, the original Millennials. Both self-centered, egotistical and insane.

im gen z

Everything I thought was real was a lie.
Everything I loved is being destroyed.
I have formally flipped my shit.
Grew up a Democrat.
Now I own a rifle and wish for a right wing resurgence.
Please let Gen Z not be even worse than millennials.

79 here, Yeah we're at the tail end.
We just missed the punk rock that defined genx

1980 is the start of the millennials desu

t. MBA in marketing and advertising

Thanks, I remembered that right after I clicked the post button. Getting old sucks.

Boomers are self absorbed and materialistic. Holy hell these people are greedy.
Gen x is chill, but they are dying off rapidly in their 40s and 50s. Ask anyone, a large chunk of the people they graduated with are already dead.
Millennials are self absorbed also, but instead of being materialistic they are special snowflake attention whores.
Gen z is supposedly red pilled, but I still think its too early to tell. Their technology illiteracy will prove a huge problem down the line I think.

I'm Gen Z, so im not a millenial fag but also not an oldfag

Gen Z is up to 21 now(anyone born after 96)

who the fuck decided i was a "gen x"er?

fuck OP and fuck OP's image

Got to see the Clash in '84 when I was 14 at Stony Brook University. End of an era.

There was just baby boomers and gen x
That was it.
Generation X started the trend of naming each generation.

Generation X was really a putdown.
It labeled us "X" as in unknown and without identity.
Up until that point every generation in USA had some sort of common social cause or some great War and evil enemy of America to fight.
We were just chillin out watching cartoons and smoking pot so they called us Gen X.
Little did we know our cool and chill attitudes would turn our kids into sjw snowflakes.

85 and graduated 2 years early with a GED. Do I get honorary gen x status? Never thought I'd say this in my life but
>Better to be gen x than millennial

Yes. 42. I don't want to die prematurely, but I fantasize that my heart bursts from one of my marathon training runs.

Gen X here. Every dead person I know from my generation croaked in the '80s and '90s from the usual causes of youth.

My circles are the survivors. *knocks wood*

Yeah. The west has been shit since about 1997. Hasn't been proper good since the 80s.

You fags just didn't see it until the last 10 years or so because you were kids.

Now we're all screwed forever. Gen x are mostly half wit scum btw. Just not as faggoty as gen y.

Gen X: '65-'81
Gen Y: '82-'95'
Gen Z: '96-present
Any differing view is wrong

47 and the years are flying by now. Kidding aside, I have great faith in my kids (13 and 19) both IQs in the 130s, daughter (13) is Prez of National Junior Honor Society at her school, plays for US Soccer DA and most of her friends are just as accomplished. They respect their elders and look upon SJWs and blue-haired assholes with disgust. I seriously have great faith in Gen Z.

Gen X or Gen Y reporting in for modem sounds... get on my Commodore 64 poor day level niglets

I didn't have any older siblings and my parents were listening to Elvis, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, etc.
I didn't even know this music existed.
My first concert was fucking MC Hammer.

>Please let Gen Z not be even worse than millennials.
You're gonna be disappointed m8, they're bigger pussies than the millennials

WOLVERINES!
'79 fag. This place sucks, mostly hang on 8pol due to the faggotry here

Not really about 2 people from my year in high school are dead.

Actually one guy went mental, drove his car into all the other cars outside his house, then hung himself from a tree on his front lawn. That was in the late 90s, when everything was getting really socially sick, hasn't really changed much since just people gotten used to it.

Better question, are there actually any millenials?

youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

>Gen x is chill, but they are dying off rapidly in their 40s and 50s.

mfw born in 1971