If not man-made global warming, who causes the melting of glaciers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs
nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Present
climateaudit.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/keigwin_sargasso.pdf
nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time.

(((Them)))
Jews aren't human.
Checkmate liberals

you already know that

>If not man-made global warming, who causes the melting of glaciers?

Fucking Summer....

It's ALWAYS summer.

Cameras zooming out.

>zooming out on 2011 to make the ice level look lower

Jean-Claude Junker's hangover farts

Those are permaglaciers, mate, they do not melt in the summer. You are thinking of... snow.

based neill blomkamp is redpilling us about lizard people, all you have to do is listen

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

We're still living in the end of the last ice age
In xxx years everything will be back at normal until the next ice age will come

this nigga gets it

niggers

AYY LMAOS

We're still in an ice age, you mong.

The peak of the last glacial stage was 23-24,000 years ago. The climate has mostly been warming since.

The last dip into glacial temperatures ended roughly 11,500 years ago with the Younger Dryas. There have been peaks and valleys since, but none that drastic.

We exist in what's called an interstadial; a warm period in between glaciations during an ice age.

If you really want to learn about the Holocene epoch, go read a bit about the following:
Bolling oscillation interstadial
Older Dryas stadial
Allerod oscillation
Younger Dryas
8.2 kiloyear event
Holocene climatic optimum
Older Peron transgression
Piora Oscillation
5.9 kiloyear event
4.2 kiloyear event
Roman warm period
Medieval warm period
Little Ice Age

If not man-made global cooling, who causes the increasing antarctic ice mass?

You do realise that before 1924...(if you go further , decades , centuries in the past).... You'd see even less ice than in 2011 right ?

Also , ever heard of the Medieval Warm Period ?

Hardly no change between 1985 and 2011 once you crop it down to the same field of view.

the sun

ok, mate. You can make arguments, but don't just misrepresent facts.

I wonder if there were any precious gems or minerals hidden below.

>(((science)))
>muh always showing just the last 100 years of data to scare the brainwashed zombies

global warming/climate change is an industry unto itself and they want worldwide "carbon taxes" on top of that. it is an insidious thing far beyond that even.

you won't understand wtf i'm talking about unless you look into these things for yourself. so, you can do that (takes effort)... or blindly continue to go along with their agenda. whatever.

did you know having ice cap is an anomaly? did you know that the earth has been ice cap free for ~90% of its existence? did you know by definition ice caps only exist during ice ages? did you know we are at the tail end of a CURRENT ice age now? did you know the caps extended as far down as missouri/kentucky just 20,000 years ago and have been receding ever since that peak? did you know the caps are going bye-bye even if every person on the planet disappeared 20,000 years ago?

THE OCEAN'S RELEASE *ALL ON ITS OWN* IS FAR LARGER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY *OUT ACCELERATING* MANS CONTRIBUTION

THE OCEAN IS RELEASING MORE DUE TO WARMER TEMPS (WARMER WATER = IT'S A FAR LESS EFFECTIVE C02 SINK)

IF HUMANS NEVER AROSE CO2 WOULD BE INCREASING AT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME RATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW

THIS HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY ICE AGE

STOP BEING SO FUCKING GULLIBLE AND LAZY

LOOK INTO THINGS FOR YOURSELF AND STOP TAKING WHAT THE MSM, EPA.GOV AND NASA.GOV ETC. TELL YOU AT FACE VALUE, YOU LAZY SHITS. IT IS ABOUT POWER AND CONTROL.

ICE AGES AND PERMANENT ICE *ARE AN ANOMALY*

BY DEFINITION AN "ICE AGE" IS WHEN THE EARTH HAS PERMANENT ICE SHELVES

WE HAD ICE A MILE THINK IN CINCINNATI JUST 20,000 YEARS AGO

THE PLANET IS WARMING AND THE CAPS ARE METLING

THAT MEANS = MORE CO2, SEA RISE AND WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES

WE CAN'T STOP OR ALTER IT, WE WILL ADAPT JUST FINE

STOP BEING SCARED INTO TAX SCHEMES AND GLOBALIST POWER PLAYS YOU DUMBED DOWN ZOMBIES

Are you under the assumption that we were still in the Ice Age?

Down, down it goes.

It is simply weather, the Earth is in constant change

Human made you say? Tell the chinks and poos to be cleaner

>Hardly no change between 1985 and 2011 once you crop it down to the same field of view.

>Those are permaglaciers, mate, they do not melt in the summer. You are thinking of... snow.

Reptilian-made global warming.

>eu flag
>not being retarded

oh it's self-explanatory

Once again, those are permaglaciers, mate, you are thinking of snow. Permaglaciers do not necessarily show up as bright white on a satellite picture... many are typically grayish in the summer.

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

?????

God giveth and taketh
Science is the devil
When he took eden from us it was not because of Adam farting too much ruining the atmosphere of paradise
God does these things

uhm natural global warming....just as in the roman optimum...so what does one find under the melting glaciers ? Yes remains of ancient forests from the roman period and beyond that.Was that also man made global warming ?

There's this thing called the sun. Also.

>nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
You may wish to actually read the articles you link to. They are talking about East Antarctic ice increases.

Overall, there is a net loss going on.

Adam was/is a jewish genesis fable you twat. We cant go back even if we tried. The exit hole is egypt not eden. Ffs, this is why we cant have nice things. Too addicted to fiction to see reality. Science is good. Jews mastr science because they master the concept of time which is ingrained in the sciences. Double edged sword. Unholy Music is where the devil dwells in selfish egotistical men who parade as gods and molest children like an ancient greek pagan. Shut up and STUDY!!

Me

>mfw i have a candle burning 24/7

Did humans caused the end of the ice age too?

So what do you want to tell us.That the amount of ice is constant for eternity ? For as long as you live ? And every climate change is man made.And that there has never been a climate change in the past ? There is nothing unnatural with melting glaciers.There is nothing unnatural or bad about a melting north pole ice cap.That happens over and over and over again in climate history.

rekt

>Overall, there is a net loss going on.
But the Nasa article I linked literally asserts the contrary.

You've got to be some French faggot who saw this topic on the national news yesterday, pathetic

>So what do you want to tell us.That the amount of ice is constant for eternity ? For as long as you live ?
Man-made climate change has been happening for 70yrs.

Hey idiot, respond to this

>But the Nasa article I linked literally asserts the contrary.
No, it doesn't. If you read it, you would know it says that the "net gain" overall from the 1980s until 2008 was 80 billion, while the "net gain" overall until early 200s was 110 billion, meaning we have had a net loss of 30 billion since the end of the 1990s... and falling as per the data I showed.

>Man-made climate change has been happening for 70yrs.
>since 1947

You know what else happened in 1947?
Israel was acknowledged as a nation.
Coincidence? I think not.
>TFW finally drank the global warming kool-aid and it tasted like matzo balls.

I'll agree we've had a net loss in the yearly gain rate.
But surely you don't think the rate of gain should be a constant function of time? If that were the case, the world would be covered in ice.

Global warming doesnt exist.
Climate change exists, because the climate of this planet already changed like 6 gorrillion fucking times before the human race even existed.
Sending half of my paycheck to the jews to save the climate wont change jack shit, besides reducing my wage.

Whoever believes in global warming or muh climate change zomfg needs to get shot in the face.

>Sending half of my paycheck to the jews to save the climate wont change jack shit, besides reducing my wage.

Bingo.
Changes in the climate are governed by hundreds of variables, and the belief that we can control these changes predictably by taxing and manipulating the margins of one politically selected factor (CO2) is bullshit.

A Little Ice Age that ended around 1850 which just happens to be around the time humanity started to scientific temperature measurement.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

>have friend threated to stop talking to me for even suggesting that anthropogenic climate change may not be to blame for warming trends
>absolutely refused to let me wven make a point

Why are people so passionately brainwashed on this of all issues

So what if water rises by a meter and temperature rises by 2 or 3 degrees? We can just adapt

Hillary Clinton

Even the right needs some science to deny , just like the left

Wouldnt be politics without it

you have stupid friends.

its easy to shit such idiots up.

>muh climate change consensus
>muh % of scientists believe in this

Science isnt a democracy or religion, there cant be a "consensus".
In science something either is, or isnt.

If there is a "consensus", it basically means "WE HAVE EXACTLY ZERO EVIDENCE ON GLOBAL WARMING, BUT LISTEN TO THE ONES WHO THINK ITS REAL".

it worked on a couple of retarded people i know, now they just avoid the subject when talking to me.

>Why are people so passionately brainwashed on this of all issues
Because Climate Change is a modern religion, like Scientology or Mormonism.

Doomsday cults are a relic of evolution. We live in an uncontrollable world, yet desperately feel a need to control it and everything else; so, we assign human culpability to natural processes in order to have an enemy we feel capable of fighting. No different really than ancient peoples who invented gods to explain things like thunder and rain.

Climate Change prophets have been predicting an apocalypse for at least the past 50 years; first it was Global Cooling—we were supposed to be entering a new ice age 20 years ago, caused by particles from industrial processes blocking out sunlight. Then it was Global Warming—the ice caps and Himalayan glaciers would be melted by 2012, and there would be no more snowfall.
Now It’s Climate Change™, a wonderfully vague term that covers anything that could possibly happen.

Science is a process, not a belief.
Anyone who claims otherwise is trying to sell you something.

Nothing changes from 1985-2011, the pic just zooms out. Nice try though. And nobody here denies global warming, we deny man-made global warming.

don't glaciers slowly slide down hill?

The picture gets further and further away.
Difference between 85 and 11 is not that much.
Also it would matter if in one it's taken during summer and in other during spring, late autumn.

>Science isnt a democracy or religion, there cant be a "consensus".
>In science something either is, or isnt.
Bingo, again. Polan is on the ball tonight.

The work of science has nothing whatsoever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is reproducible results.

Climate Change hasn’t been around as long as Christianity, but it’s had as many failed prophecies.

Where has the nugget gone, did she run out of points she could cherry pick to argue against whilst ignoring those that didn't fit her bubble

>So what if water rises by a meter and temperature rises by 2 or 3 degrees? We can just adapt
Sure we can. Still, I want to see Saudis btfo with their oil not be worth much.

>And nobody here denies global warming, we deny man-made global warming.

Denying global warming makes sense if you have valid arguments to doubt the data.

But once you agree global warming is happening, denying that mankind causes it, is just beyond retardation given that the sun's activity has been going down in the last decades.

>Where has the nugget gone, did she run out of points she could cherry pick to argue against whilst ignoring those that didn't fit her bubble

Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear that the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

I would remind you to notice where the claim of consensus is invoked. Consensus is invoked only in situations where the science is not solid enough. Nobody says the consensus of scientists agrees that E = mc2. Nobody says the consensus is that the sun is 93 million miles away. It would never occur to anyone to speak that way.

Finally, a quote to make you think a bit:
>The United Nations has publicly stated its goal is not to ‘solve’ climate change, but to seek to redistribute wealth and expand its authority through more central planning. UN official Ottmar Edenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC Working Group III, admitted what’s behind the climate issue: “One must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy … One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.”

Do with this what you will.

>Denying global warming

You talk of believers and deniers; your language betrays Climate Change™ for the religion it is.

>Climate Change hasn’t been around as long as Christianity, but it’s had as many failed prophecies.

pretty uncalled for but ok burger

Indeed, the "global warming" itself began in 1850, well before there were any substantial amounts of "man-made" CO2 emissions.
Pic related: the Milankovich cycles are perfectly sufficient to explain climate change *so far*. It is still true that man-made contributions exist, and quite likely are exacerbating what would already be bad news (just because it isn't man made doesn't mean we aren't fucked).
The consolation is that in 10000 years the glaciers will be back in force, and our remote descendants will be glad for every bit of additional greenhouse effect we caused.

The great lakes were formed by a massive ice sheet that once covered the entire north of the continent. That was the last ice age. The glaciers have been melting since. They continue to recede even today. At some point in the future, things will go in the other direction again. Certainly no need to artificially disable our economy and send money to China.

>man made

Idiot. The Earth has regular repeating warming and cooling cycles. Billions of years worth of these cycles.

Do you honestly fucking believe in your cretin brain that humans, in 100 years of industrialization COULD POSSIBLY effect any kind of significant change to our planet?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

FUCKING IDIOT.

Its an eregore
Literally the beleif that the ice is melting is melting the ice

Nothing wrong with religion.

Although it isn't a religion, it's just obvious to anyone who goes outside and doesn't live in a nigger climate with air conditioning.

>Humans can't affect the climate
>rushes from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned burger joint

>Do you honestly fucking believe in your cretin brain that humans, in 100 years of industrialization COULD POSSIBLY effect any kind of significant change to our planet?

Yes, because I am not a science denying die-hard radical "oh Lordy save me" Christian.

Man made global warming is causing that

Where did you read religion into any of that, fucking moron. I just proclaimed the Earth to be BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD.

You summer shills need to be re-educated.

Yes
You should take some physics classes

I talk about scientists... not belivers.

I talk about deniers... not scientists.

do you realise that this chart ends in 1950
climate scientists use 1950 as the present benchmark
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Present
this does not show current rapid warming

this image is full of strawman predictions made by the media not the scientists.

This is an image of the LOCAL temperature in the Sargasso Sea
climateaudit.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/keigwin_sargasso.pdf
The paper is from 1996. The original chart only went to 'present' which as explained above, is 1950 in Scientific terms. The version you posted has been shifted forwards by about 50 years.

All of those things you posted can be explained by things that do not explain current warming
>Bolling oscillation interstadial
>Older Dryas stadial
>Allerod oscillation
These are all localised events
>Younger Dryas
This was caused by a slowdown of the thermohaline circulation, doesn't explain current warming
>Holocene climatic optimum
Caused by Milankovitch cycles, doesn't explain current warming
>Older Peron transgression
Sea levels were not higher than today
>Piora Oscillation
Nowhere near as severe as todays changes
>5.9 kiloyear event
>4.2 kiloyear event
>8.2 kiloyear event
All have causes that don't explain current warming (ie 8.2 caused by meltwater pulse) They should concern you though as they both caused collapses of civilization.
>Roman warm period
Localised, cooler than today
>Medieval warm period
Globally the warming is higher and faster now. Also, Medivel warm period not caused by anything that explains current warming (likely it was high solar activity and low volcanic activity, solar activity is steady at the moment)
>Little Ice Age
Caused by a Maunder Minimum. We are currently due for another maunder minimum but this is irrelevant because our current carbon forcing will overwhelm the minor cooling effect (which obviously wouldn't have happened then)

>I just proclaimed the Earth to be BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD.
Just because your interpretation of the bible includes the "shrinking time concept" after the big flood, doesn't mean you aren't a religious nutcase.

>be a volcano
>release CO2 equal to half of what man has produced in his existance
>release it all at once
>spew ash too
>Earth filters it all out in a matter of days
>by years end ita like I never errupted
>lol at man for thinking he has had an impact on the planet

I'm pretty sure Christians don't believe the Earth is billions of years old you retarded faggot.

pic related

This is what North America used to look like

A volcano eruption is about 10% of what mankind is producing each year

>Sun
>Space weather
Also 23.09.17

Nibiru is coming.

>I can't provide sources or and antidotal evidence of my claims.

They use their "shrinking time concept" to not appear that stupid to the public... but they still are. They believe what is in the bible.

global warming that is not man made

I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda too hot in Europe right now.

There's no physics class that will denounce the Earth's natural warming and cooling cycles, fucktard.

>muh bible

There you are making some fucking whacktard religious reference. No one but you is even suggesting religion is thought is involved here at all.

You make yourself incredibly obvious trying to force some sky wizard bullshit into the narrative, so you can claim anyone who disagrees with you must be one.

Seriously, unironically kill yourself, immediately.

You didn't look at the evidence at all, did you.
>billions of years worth of these cycles
Nobody reconstructed "billions of years". A few million years is more than enough (even if we had the data, the climate of the Proterozoic isn't really relevant to the discussion).

Industrialisation did in fact have significant influence on atmosphere composition. CO2 doubled from 200 ppm to 400 ppm. Man made contribution to radiative forcing are probably in the range of 1% of incoming solar power.
The question isn't if this is real, but how bad it is. In the best case, this is just a blip lost in other, naturally occurring variations. In the worst case, it is just what is needed to push over the equilibrium.
You are the cretin for dismissing this out of hand.

>If not man-made global warming, who causes the melting of glaciers?
The Sun faggot, it's pretty elementary, but judging by your flag your hard of thinking anyway. Just trying to do you a solid.

>uncalled for
TOPKEK

The world has been (((ending))) in one form or another as long as I've been alive.

>Global Cooling
>Global Warming
>The War on Drugs
>The War on Terrorism
>Y2K
>The Housing Crisis
>The Tranny Armageddon
>The Nigpocalypse
>Sasha Grey doesn't suck dick for money anymore
>There are more genders than stars in the universe

Still here.
There are still FOB Czech whores at my local titty bar every week.
Jameson still makes devil water.
16 year old broads are God's viagra.

>The world's gonna end. Any day now!!
Sure.

Call me when that actually happens.
I'm sitting on 25,000 rounds of ammo.

It doesn't go bad like milk, rignt?

>heh i saw your arguments but i will just say it doesn't explain "current" warming. checkmate science deniers!

Why do climate change deniers point to past climate change events like it disproves AGW?

Do you think that fucking geologists, climatologists, oceanographers etc don't realise these things happened?

In fact they should concern you MORE because they prove how sensitive the earth climate system is.

A small change in the earths tilt can take us out of an ice age.

The position of the continents can contribute to the death of 90% of life on earth (end permian)

And you think CO2 rising from 280ppm to 410ppm in 200 years causes no problems?

CO2 has correlated to mass extinctions before, and will do so again.

So what you're saying is the more co2 we pump out the less ice will decline?

I'll just leave this here

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

>And you think CO2 rising from 280ppm to 410ppm in 200 years causes no problems?
lel, greenhouses maintain CO2 levels at 1500ppm, plants grow 5 times faster.

More plants means more animals, greater biodiversity all around.

>Nothing wrong with religion.

Sure.
But, religion isn't science.
No matter how much you wish it to be.

>But, Muh fossil fuels

All the iron used to make swords must have thrown our orbit off balance as well.

>I'm being super cereal right now
I know you are.

One day while Chicken Little is walking in the woods an acorn falls from a tree, and hits the top of her little head.

“My oh my, the sky is falling. I must run and tell the lion about it”, says Chicken Little and begins to run. She runs and runs. By and by she meets the hen.

“Where are you going?” asks the hen.
“Oh, Henny Penny, the sky is falling and I am going to the lion to tell him about it.”
“How do you know this?” asks Henny Penny.
“It hit me on the head, so I know it must be so”, says Chicken Little.
“Let me go with you!” says Henny Penny.

So the two run and run until they meet Ducky Lucky.
“The sky is falling”, says Henny Penny. “We are going to the lion to tell him about it.”
“How do you know that?” asks Ducky Lucky.
“It hit Chicken Little on the head”, says Henny Penny.
“May I come with you?” asks Ducky Lucky.
“Come”, says Henny Penny.

So all three of them run on and on until they meet Foxey Loxey.
“Where are you going?” asks Foxey Loxey.
“The sky is falling and we are going to the lion to tell him about it”, says Ducky Lucky.
“Do you know where he lives?” asks Foxey Loxey.
“I don’t”, says Chicken Little.
“I don’t”, says Henny Penny.
“I don’t”, says Ducky Lucky.

“I do”, says Foxey Loxey. “Come with me and I can show you the way.”
He walks on and on until he comes to his den.
“Come right in”, says Foxey Loxey.

They all go in, but only Foxey Loxey comes out again.

How is this hard to understand you fucking retard? There is no understood cause of past climate change explaining modern day rapid scale warming. I'm not writing a fucking essay on every single past climate change for your benefit.

>Volcanic activity
No
>Solar activity
No
>Milankovitch cycles
No
>Meltwater Pulses
No
>Asteroid impact
No
>Chemical Weathering
No
>Ocean current changes
No
>Sudden ice sheet collapse
No
>Increased CO2/Methane/Nitrous Oxide
Yes

It is a fact that earth is warming
It is a fact that this is being driven by CO2 and other greenhouse gases
It is a fact that human activity is throwing off the carbon balance, and causing this.