Algebra is one of the biggest hurdles to getting a high school or college degree — particularly for students of color

>Algebra is one of the biggest hurdles to getting a high school or college degree — particularly for students of color.

npr.org/2017/07/19/538092649/say-goodbye-to-x-y-should-community-colleges-abolish-algebra

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/j9EeV
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not archive?
archive.is/j9EeV

Don't criticize if someone dindu algebra.

there's no advertising on NPR. you're literally saving them money by archiving

explain

Fuck Algebra m8, you dont need that shit in life

>black

Algebra waz invented by evil whitey to keep us down n shiet.

this is the bullshit the gop unpeashed onto the world with no child left behind now every fucking moron has to feel entitled to being able to go to college even a community college god damn cuckservatives

> White person has trouble with math
> Gets told to suck it up and soldier on
> Nigger fails math because it was too busy chimping out in class
> Math declared racist and abolished

This actually doesn't come as a shock to me to read this. I sat in on an accreditation committee at my University before I left and one of the clams on the committee started going on about how the school needs to make lower than 90 level classes in order to bring in more (((diverse))) students. I couldn't tell if she was SJW posting or Sup Forums posting because clearly she was saying that niggers are too stupid to do an intermediate algebra class and need to start at basic grade school arithmetic which isn't wrong, but they really don't need to be in a University.

stupid math being racist again!

This only shows how low IQ Americans are.

>he wasn't taking an ODE class in high-school
what's it like being brainlets?

Its not racist, kids should pick their classes based on ther skillset so they dont waste time doing stuff they are not going to use.

Niggers would be better off getting home accounting classes instead of algebra, that way they will learn to handle their money better and not ask from whitey

Such is life in a white supremacy

Algebra was invented by Muslims, though. Don't tell this to Sup Forums because they'll get triggered.

>be in majority black public school because the south still hasnt figured out to become part of the civilized world
>be shit student but pass anyway because muh senpai we gives each other the hookupz and school will lose funding for having shit scores
>morons end up thinking they deserve better and cry rasis if they dont get their wy

>get rid of all standards because certain people refuse to make a fucking effort

It's just more proof that all the left is doing with "progress" is tearing down civilization.

Indians kick ass at math
Asians rape math's mouth

Why are blacks unable to maths?

when the fuck does anybody use actual algebra in real life? when was the last time you used a logarithm? charted a graph?

algebra shouldn't be mandatory for everyone, only in people that choose degrees that would ACTUALLY USE IT.

>Have high iq white population
>Do well in life
>Decides to be a degenerate, spoil his blessings, and give the country to people of color

Whites being smart is a meme

>MFW I did calculus in high school, stoned off my ass

If you cannot do basic algebra how can you do accounting?

If you go through life without designing or building anything you are not white

In Panama everyone hates this Baldor guy.

>Rates of failure in algebra are higher for minority groups than they are for white students. Why do you think that is?

>particularly for students of color
Isn't it rasist to remove algebra for that reason?

What is engineering? But I guess you're a nigger so you will probably never see any use of mathematics.

because theyre stupid end of story

>american education
Better make the affirmitive action bigger part of the educaton!

I use algebra all the time. Calculus and trigonometry too. Those are basically the only math you actually need in real life.

You can say that about a lot of things.

Why did I need to spend literally two full weeks of my life in middle school learning about King Henry VIII?

They can. It's their culture that makes them believe that because of slavery which none of them ever experienced the white man owes them to carry blacks on white backs through civilization.

Therefore they're not under any obligation to give a shit about black education.

And when you have uneducated retards like Beyonce and Oprah who have made hundreds of millions of dollars off of not giving a fuck about education, well it sets the bar.

And WHEN life fails and they fail to make that Lebron-money, it's automatially the fault of whites keeping them down and not trying hard enough to help them. Because it's all about what whites have to do to bring them up.

I dropped out of school because I couldn't pass algebra and I'm DNA verified white. not everyone can do it.

It's called problem solving and critical thinking. It should be mandatory

I played varisty football and drank every weekend and still ended up with a B average in calc

beyonce and oprah are pretty smart desu

Évolution theory explains all of why but these muggers just reject it all the while pretend to believe it to appear woke

this.

Also, I highly support abolishing algebra. I'll send my kids to a private school then and afterwards they'll be even more superior to the scum who apparently fails at basic math.

never the concept of the numbers still to be are like the learning of hidden meanings.

TO LOSE THIS WOULD BE A CRIME AGAINST OUR YEARS OF UNRAVELLING THE UNIVERSE!

because the nerd whose boy pussy you smashed on the dl did your hw

>actually mention College
>Not highschool

Holyfuck burgers whats wrong with you? Youre in college and cant so algebra then drop out, either way you dont belong in there. You burgers should raise the bar to combat falling salaries for well educated

Dead field in burgerland

this is fucking retarded

t. island nigger

Most people use algebra every single fucking day of their life, they just don't realise it and don't say they are using it. The most obvious example is shopping. Assigning a price to the things you buy and working out how much you'll spend is literally algebra.

>Algebra was invented by Muslims, though. Don't tell this to Sup Forums because they'll get triggered.
Renamed and written down by Muslims.
It's actually Indian, just like our Arabic numerals are also actually Indian.

Burgers, please do this.

Me too, my dude.

>MFW giving shit to my QB cause I had to teach his ass the chain rule and he didn't get it

Algebra is like the only worthwhile skill an employer looks at and that has some indication of your performance overall.

All other subjects are "bla bla" , feelings, opinions and nice emotions (=close to being worthless).

Maybe if those fucking niggers pulled up their pants and paid attention it wouldn't be so mystical and foreign to them.

>Can't do Algebra and are unwilling to learn.

Why on earth are you even interested in higher education?

Shiet. When I turned 13 and went to 7th grade you could do pre-algebra and then algebra before even getting to high school. No child left behind was a fucking mistake

It's community college, not university.
After the military I attended one for a year before transferring to a flagship Uni.
I actually took Algebra there too.
If people cannot pass Community College Algebra, they should be made a eunuch

Basic algebra skills are used in all walks of life. This is not debatable.

Lemme check those based trinidadbro

Yesterday. Do you even science bruh?

I was doing algebra in the 6th grade. As a TA I had black students that couldn't convert between Celsius and Fahrenheit. They complained that we shouldn't have to do math in a chemistry class.

>dindu algebra
I lel'd a bit. Have a (you)

this is basically how it is in the south already. education is soo fucking dumbed down because even the rich have kids that are stupid af so if the public schools are so bad then their special snowflakes can drink do drugs and have sex as much as they want in college on daddys dime and still have a job that isnt retail waiting for them mainly because of the nepotism not because theres jobs

there's no "commercial" advertising on npr radio (but there's still a fuck ton of live reads about how Comcast supports this program get a special introductory offer for cable service) but their website has ads on it and even if it didn't, they still sell their user and traffic data to analytics firms

ARCHIVE EVERYTHING

>implying frankfurt school did it accidentally

Learn what to archive or don't bother.

>Algebra is one of the biggest hurdles to getting a high school or college degree

Typical leftists. If its hard, better cancel it. Why working hard for something, eh?

Pathetic.

For real jobs, you do need algebra. If you're a nigger and you work at McDonald's, then no.

community colleges in the south are basically the equivalent to high schools in the rest of the country

Lol kid, it's like the most important day-in day-out if you're in any of the intresting jobs
> computers
> construction
> mechanical engineering
> electrical engineering
> rocketry
> chem engineering
> etc.

Only boring shit tier or women jobs run without higher math.

>Was taught Biology which I don't need
>Was taught History which I don't need
>Was taught Music which I don't need
>Was taught Arts which I don't need
>Was taught Philosophy which I don't need
>Was taught Psychology which I don't need
Wow, you are so right user, all this useless things I don't need, all this time wasted I could have spend playing with HotWheels or watching Cartoon Network.
It would be so much better if everyone was taught ONLY the things they need so we all could work together like a well oiled machine.
Why be taught about the world when you can be a narrow minded gear.

npr is a shill site with advertising, retard. know what you're talking about or don't even bother.

>subhumans further driving down the quality of affordable/public education

I've witness my old rural award winning elementary school get "diversified" with bused in out-of-county minorities, and now struggles to keep good teachers and extra programs kids could attend after school. My already half-BLACKED high school dropped honors and AP classes to focus on helping all the "students who need it most" (solving nothing in the end, since now every previous honors class is now a regular shitshow that barely teaches anything but a little more homework now).

They already get free scholarship passes after """graduating""" from that swamp pond, and now these iced coffee cucks want to do away with the already shitty quality of the nearby community courses?

God forbid you want to do anything that isn't a physical labor trade or massive amounts of loan and debt they keep trying pigeonhole men into.

A black woman is in high demand for for their minority quota

If it works like in Europe, there's a thing called mandate

checked back

"...fields that require no higher level math skills..."

>>no higher level math skills.

I use integration to find the volumetric area of a slope to properly calculate fertigation concentrations and water volume for cost and efficiency.

I grow fucking limes.

>>no higher level math skills.

Gibs for 4 years

colleges have become profit engines so the more dumbed down education is the more guaranteed profits these colleges make through student loans and this started during bush years where universities started building "luxury" student accomodations like what the fuck does a college student need luxury for in the first place

Edfag here. What they SHOULD do for trade school track people is have algebra in a form that's directly applicable, eg, credit card interest rates, car notes, mortgages. Being able to figure out how much floor wax or paint to buy. How much cattle feed to buy?

There is NO four year degree where algebra should not be a requirement. If you can't do that level, you're too much of a potato. If the study doesn't require it, like art, they maybe it shouldn't be a four year degree.

NPR is government funded.

Any time there's a bank discrepancy.

Now THERE'S a flag I've never seen before. Trinidad or Tobago?

You are completely right, user! Now, do you have ketchup to these fries?

Algebra predates islam by a millenia at least

>It already started

What is a community college?
With what kind of degree in what kind of profession do you go off these?
Are these degrees worth anything?
>I only know beauty school from KOTH.

>particularly for students of color.
that's racist

its like your gymnasium its mainly used to transfer into a university

There's a Brave New World joke in here somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it, something about Beta's and Gamma's maybe? Help me out lads.

In School entrance and tests there should be nowhere to mark a persons race

Hell should be the same in Job market, no mention of race allowed, just list their skills

Most people believe it was either the Persians or some Hindus that invented algebra. The Muslim meme is complete bullshit.

>muslims
Fuck off with that we wuz shit

Arabs had algebra way before Christ, then passed it to the Greeks, and later the Roman's. Pythagorean math rings a bell?

Arabs a thousand years later became muslims, so muslims invented math! Fuck off with that

you think they let the elevator epsilons participate in their orgy-porgies?

It also has trade schools attached to it in most states, although this varies from place to place. auto repair, appliance repair, carpentry, hairdresser. plumbing, electrician, welding, ambulance, police.

Algebra and numbers are Arab/Indian shit.
True Aryans use only compass and ruler like ancient Greeks.

They should offer a trade. The so called STEM fields don't have to take humanities, and the humanities don't need to take math.

>whites and asians are not superior
>lower the standards of highschools because black/latino people can´t catch up

in the liberal states you can learn architecture in a community college its basically a cheaper place to get degreed

This. Niggers are fucking retarded.

call me retarded but how does slope have volume?

You can't. The foundation of accounting is a fucking equation that everything is based on.

I think BASIC algebra (functions, systems of linear equations etc.) and a greater focus on trig and geometry would be more practical for students not taking calculus.

>Now THERE'S a flag I've never seen before. Trinidad or Tobago?

Trinidad, nice place, niggers are fucking ruining everything though.

>math teacher fag here
Whenever I'm depressing because french educative system has been turned into complete shit by aggressive SJW politics, I look at its american counterpart.

OMG good luck burgers anyways.

But that's sexist, and math is inherently racist.

Every STEM major should have a minor degree in woman's studies and gender theory to compensate for this breach of misogyny and patriarchal privilege

Anyone who can't easily do advanced algebra by the time they finish 8th grade should be fucking drawn and quartered.

we have a bunch of nukes which is the scariest realization when america as a whole is turning into a idiocracy

You may want to read the interview. Its largely minority students not understanding abstract concepts. Im not sure about finland but most of europe will understand our issues perfectly in 10-15 years.