US Lawmakers Debating Bill to Ban Boycotts of Israel

>THE CRIMINALIZATION OF political speech and activism against Israel has become one of the gravest threats to free speech in the West. In France, activists have been arrested and prosecuted for wearing T-shirts advocating a boycott of Israel. The U.K. has enacted a series of measures designed to outlaw such activism. In the U.S., governors compete with one another over who can implement the most extreme regulations to bar businesses from participating in any boycotts aimed even at Israeli settlements, which the world regards as illegal. On U.S. campuses, punishment of pro-Palestinian students for expressing criticisms of Israel is so commonplace that the Center for Constitutional Rights refers to it as “the Palestine Exception” to free speech.

>But now, a group of 43 senators — 29 Republicans and 14 Democrats — wants to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine. The two primary sponsors of the bill are Democrat Ben Cardin of Maryland and Republican Rob Portman of Ohio. Perhaps the most shocking aspect is the punishment: Anyone guilty of violating the prohibitions will face a minimum civil penalty of $250,000 and a maximum criminal penalty of $1 million and 20 years in prison.

>The proposed measure, called the Israel Anti-Boycott Act (S. 720), was introduced by Cardin on March 23. The Jewish Telegraphic Agency reports that the bill “was drafted with the assistance of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.” Indeed, AIPAC, in its 2017 lobbying agenda, identified passage of this bill as one of its top lobbying priorities for the year:

web.archive.org/details/https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/

JIDF will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Dir31
theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/
cardozolawreview.com/content/denovo/GREENDORFER.denovo.37.pdf
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/720
youtube.com/watch?v=A9VIG871Pf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Proper archive link
archive.is/Dir31

Lad, someone else already made a thread about this article.

To know who rules over you, simply learn the name of whom you are not allowed to criticize.

The entire catalogue should be full of nothing but this thread.

>all this sliding

>this is what gets bipartisan support in Congress

Literally impossible to bring enough attention to this. This is the most naked attempt yet by the kikes to consolidate power.

They want to criminalize criticism of Israel. It's the happening we always knew was coming, even if we didn't think it would be this fucking blatant.

>20 years

Jesus Christ

We are at HapCon 1

I believe Palistine doesn't and never has truly existed as a nation or a people, that as such it's supposed government in exile is wholly invalid, that after more than half a century and several generations the Jews born there have more right to be there than anyone not born there, and that Isreal existence is beneficial and useful in pushing back aggressive Muslim expansionism and even I recognize this as dangerous kikery.
Bump.

This will not slide.

Unreal

Fucking kikes

Pretty scary stuff, trying to it illegal for private citizens to boycott?

>Land of the Free

L-O-L

>The United Slaves of Israel

Yes.

They're not even trying to hide their shabbos goy tendency anymore.

>B-but Israel is so based
When are you morons going to realize that Israel is just as bad as the parasitic Jews in our own countries?

Bump. JIDF in full slide mode.

I mean I genuinely do not care about Israel's occupatuion or how many Pallyrats they blow up but I'll be damned if I'll accept them or any foreign power imposing restrictions on our free speech. Overthrow der juden.

You're just pissing against the wind m8. I bet most Americans support this decision. You guys even circumcise your babies ffs.

OY VEY! You can't deny an honest merchant of the chosen people! We'll use your state governance to make sure!

Scary as fuck, wouldn't they have to alter the first amendment?

If Israel kept to themselves and just blew up Pallyrats I'd love them but trying to bring their kikery to our shores is inexcusable.

Horrifying!

>thinking that laws apply to everyone equally
You are cute. I like you.

If this passes and Trump does not veto (and he won't) I'm fucking done with that Shabbos goy.

I hope to God they pass this. We need martyrs.

Yes goy, boycotting Israel is like genociding 6 million Jews all over again!

[jewing intensifies]

Let that sink in. They want to make it a felony to criticize a state that didn't even exist 70 years ago.

Imagine if the US made it illegal to criticize Nazi Germany back then.

Holy shit, this is a huge FUCK YOU to our 1st amendment. We must defend it at all costs!

the way i read the bill, it was saying businesses couldn't boycott isreal, but they probably includes the CEO's as well

I'm trying to decide if this is an infringement on free speech. If it is, I'd have to oppose it.

Here are the links I'm going to be using to research it.

NAACP vs Claiborne
theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/
cardozolawreview.com/content/denovo/GREENDORFER.denovo.37.pdf
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/720

Seriously, fuck BDS, but free speech is better than fucking them over.

To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

I don't think so. Just international businesses.

How is this law not in gross violation of free speech?
This makes German censorship look normal.

>Just international businesses.
Oh, just international businesses. Then it's OK then.

well interstate businesses, which in the US include any business that crosses state lines, like california to oregon for example

They take away your rights one minuscule law at a time,

If you defend this you are filthy authoritarian.

Shown Here:
Introduced in Senate (03/23/2017)

Israel Anti-Boycott Act

This bill declares that Congress: (1) opposes the United Nations Human Rights Council resolution of March 24, 2016, which urges countries to pressure companies to divest from, or break contracts with, Israel; and (2) encourages full implementation of the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014 through enhanced, governmentwide, coordinated U.S.-Israel scientific and technological cooperation in civilian areas.

The bill amends the Export Administration Act of 1979 to declare that it shall be U.S. policy to oppose:

requests by foreign countries to impose restrictive practices or boycotts against other countries friendly to the United States or against U.S. persons; and
restrictive trade practices or boycotts fostered or imposed by an international governmental organization, or requests to impose such practices or boycotts, against Israel.
The bill prohibits U.S. persons engaged in interstate or foreign commerce from:

requesting the imposition of any boycott by a foreign country against a country which is friendly to the United States; or supporting any boycott fostered or imposed by an international organization, or requesting imposition of any such boycott, against Israel.

The bill amends the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to include as a reason for the Export-Import Bank to deny credit applications for the export of goods and services between the United States and foreign countries, opposition to policies and actions that are politically motivated and are intended to penalize or otherwise limit commercial relations specifically with citizens or residents of Israel, entities organized under the laws of Israel, or the Government of Israel.

Trump stands with Israel. I trust Trump. I stand with Israel.

Are Jews seriously the villains of planet Earth? They are doing everything in their power to become the Big Bad that the heroes of our age must rise up to defeat. Who will answer the call to put an end to the most odious people that ever existed?

>muh free margets*

*unless Israel doesn't like it

>hiding behind meme flags

>be American
>go to walmart
>Chinese and Israeli products next to each other
>buy the Chinese because it's cheaper
>go to jail for 20 years
Bad goy got what he deserved.

I find this so annoying.

>me, brilliant: corrects your point for accuracy
>you, incapable of nuance: OMG you must disagree with my points!

>The bill prohibits U.S. persons engaged in interstate or foreign commerce from:
Yeah, good catch.

>Rob fucking Portman

As an Ohioan I'm ashamed.

Oh, so it's OK then.

So, if the government of a country wants to prevent boycotts of Israel, should they have the right to impose restrictions on businesses?

How does this not violate NAACP v. Claiborne?

Sad times, God I'm starting to dislike Jews now. At first I was all like #NotAllJews ... but now the whole 'chosen people' part is irking me now ug.

>Just international business
Nah, sounds more like desperation.

>Land of the Free and home of the Brave

L-O-L

how do you like it now

sharieblue spotted
this shit has got to be illegal, i would assume the courts will strike it down shortly after being passed

With Jews you lose

Wasn't there a law passed though that said corporations were protected under the first amendment? That was something about upholding corporate personhood so they could make campaign contributions. Am I misremembering that? I was pretty sure it was a big deal a few years ago.

As if we need more confirmation.

Mods plz sticky

But muh Lord and Führer

lol about the only thing mods sticky are the blacked threads

Fucking dirty rat kikes

Yes, there was a ruling that made corporations people and protected under the amendments. It's why NFA trusts are popular.

What's your problem, no homo?

I honestly have no idea.

Seriously, I just want to complain about this. I have an ethical problem with this shit, and it's completely beneficial to me.

In a completely just world all the politicians sponsoring it would be hanged.

bump

if trump backs this law, then fuck trump too

>what's political maneuvering?
>people don't say shit to avoid catching a JFK from the Jews that never happens
fuck off with your shilling, faggot

I called my local representative about this. The secretary that answered said they got a lot of calls about it

So they would have to alter the first amendment to implement this, and it would actually effect more than just businesses and could be used later to limit rights further. That is what is extremely scary about this.

Ah okay, yeah it's more about me having a hard time processing how terrible this is in the greater scheme of people's rights.

Did you ask them when will they propose a bill that will ban genital mutilation of babies also?

>Seriously, I just want to complain about this
About what exactly?

Category 5 happening here folks

Bump. This kikery needs to end now.

We really need to raise hell over this.

#IsraelCensorshipBill when?

Special treatment for us and stifling free speech.

It doesn't alter the First Amendment. It alters the Export Administration Act of 1979 and Export-Import Bank Act of 194

Absolutely disgusting

I wonder how many alt-kikes will talk about this

Alex Jones will probably talk about some mean meme a CNN janitor sent him

K, you get a pass ...
bump

I mean, Congress has in the past passed bills against South Africa, which is negative special treatment, but it still skeeves me out.

I'm perfectly in favor of BDS being fucked over legally for being a racist discriminatory organization, but that's legal and already in the law. Others ought to be able to try to financially fuck us over back.

Cuckservatives will definitely defend this, just like when they defended Netanyahu addressing congress against the wishes of a sitting president. I mean I have no love for Obongo, but how fucking cucked is the US government that we allow Israel to ridicule us and ignore our own president on American soil

good. These fucking (((parentheses))) need to learn they can't fuck with America. We ain't no European cucks who take it up the ass.

How is BDS illegal and not freedom of speech?

I'm saying since corporations are considered people, their rights would be violated with this since the first amendment protects the right to peaceably protest and boycotting is a form of protest, is what I'm saying.

posted an article on my jewbook, hopefully the liberuls will jump to get the chance to future signal for palestine

>We ain't no European cucks who take it up the ass.
No. You just lose half of your dick at birth as a baby to be a proud Free and Brave American. How glorious of the USA if I may ad.

>US Lawmakers Debating Bill to Ban Boycotts of Israel

youtube.com/watch?v=A9VIG871Pf0

@1:17 Why Trump Why!?

Incorrect. Corporate personhood is established to dole out rights (like free speech, contract law issues) and responsibilities (to be punished for crimes, that can't adequately be handled by non-personhood.

Banning a corporation (which then spreads to any entity that organises or incorporates) from free speech rights presents chilling effects and denies the speech rights of those who support that organisation - it leads on from banning corporate speech to that of unions, political groups, churchs, any grouping that isn't single individuals.
Restricting the responsibilities leads to situations where, because there is no clear cut "owner" of a corporation, being owned by a mass of stakeholders, to prosecute for crimes and negligence, or sue for its wrongs.

The speech rights case you're referring to that led to PACs being allowed, Citizens United vs FEC, was about the former, a NON-PROFIT corporation that planned to air a film exposing Hillary Clinton, independently of any campaign, held down by laws which would affect for-profits, non-profits, labour unions, churches, and any voluntary group that wanted political speech.

How is that fair?

Campaign contributions still remain limited, and weren't touched by any of the cases to do with PACs

Bump

You've got to be kidding me. Congress is meant to oppose the president if necessary, and that Congress disliked Obama. They were elected for that, in fact. Don't complain that your Congress isn't the President's rubber stamp, celebrate.

BDS has received a mixed reaction in Spain. In 2016, four Spanish municipalities passed pro-BDS policies, only to later drop the policies once it became apparent that they were inconsistent with Spain's anti-discrimination laws. Also in 2016, pro-BDS motions in five other Spanish municipalities were defeated.[48]

Apparently there's some sort of limitation on boycotting in one of the trade laws. Taking the most optimistic view, they mean legally requesting boycott, as opposed to verbally? I have no fucking clue.

Because while I appreciate that he's got Israel's back, he has no fucking clue how to President.

It will be sued day 1 by ACLU and it'll be brought before Supreme court and they'll knock it down. The current Supreme court is one of the strongest freedom of speech courts we've ever had.

FYI we on the relatively far left
Are on the same page as many of you. We should find common ground where we can.

hol up, you be sayin, we got us a nice little list of paid shills?

>tfw no sanctimonious boycots
Fuck! How am I no supposed to get a simple list on how to support Israel?

top fucking kek

America, the land of shit.

>To know who rules over you, simply learn the name of whom you are not allowed to criticize.
>implying Clucktaire was right

I don't see how that allows limitation of requests for boycott?