Have you acquired/inherited any spoils of war? Any cool stories about them? Please share

Have you acquired/inherited any spoils of war? Any cool stories about them? Please share.

Also don't be a goof. Be sure to scrub any geolocation from pics, and don't post any details specific enough to potentially identify you.

Mine is I inherited a katana from my grampa. He was a naval officer in the Pacific theatre of WW2 and during a raid on an enemy sub, gutted the commander and lifted his sword.

Had it appraised. It's 400 years old, give or take, and was made by a guy named Hideaka Yoshida, who was the son of one of the top royal swordsmith's in the early Edo era. Apparently it was likely held by one of the mid tier palace guards for the emporer, then was dug up from some display case and reappropiated as a war blade for the officer my Gramps shishkabobbed.

Other urls found in this thread:

tokka.biz/sword/tadahiro3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only thing I have is this

Passed down from a relative who fought in WWII. I don't know know where or how he got it.

My great gramps was "recruited" by the British army during ww1. Dude was arrested for a decades worth of bankfraud but got an out with the army. Amongst all his generic ww1/2 stuff is a notebook full of phrases in various languages, Morse code translator, gun and artillery maintenance notes and a kill list.

honestly that looks like the kind of modern katanas they sell to foreigners, with a tacky dragon on the blade.

we have shitload of things you could call "nazi memorabilia," but is really just everyday things used in occupied country. Letters stamped with Adolf, calendars with marked important dates (birth of adolf, creation of the reich, fall of france), coins and even german textbook (first lesson-adolf hitler, second lesson-the wehrmacht etc etc)

The funny things is that my grandma used old nazi calendars until late 1950s to mark things she needs to do. Im pretty sure she would have serious troubles with the commie government if somebody found out

*Shrug* it's been appraised by a professional who made me a five figure offer on the spot.

If it looks like that then it's likely because the modern guys are trying to app that style.

>He was a naval officer in the Pacific theatre of WW2 and during a raid on an enemy sub, gutted the commander and lifted his sword.

that's a nice way of saying he stole it from some poor marine.

there should be rust on it. did you clean it?

My great grandfather left me his service gun from the Great War. My mother and grandmother decided I shouldn't have it and sold it when I was about 10. It's an injustice, against my great grandfather more than myself.

>a katana from my grampa

i hope youre very proud of your shitty early-1990s mall sword

>Hideaka Yoshida
You got scammed.

Fucking whores

We'll I wouldn't go that far, they are good people but I was pretty angry. I remember seeing it on the bench at my grandmothers in its case and asking about it. They brazenly told me the truth and what they planned, I remember understanding that it was morally wrong even at that age, I do t think women often understand these things.

It was pretty cool though it had a bayonet with it too.

No, but I only got it 2 years ago. Who knows what level of maintenance it's received, but it's still very sharp and a lil greased.

Also has been sitting in a very arid gun safe (both in my possession and my dad's before me) so wouldn't expect too much rust.

Comperable to this, my skeptical Jap friend
tokka.biz/sword/tadahiro3.html

Oh I did get the name wrong, "Tadohiro Fujiwara" I misread the description given by the appraisal

No but I have my great grandfather's copy of Mein Kampf

can you post the appraisal?

my father found a nazi helmet while playing in the woods of his hometown in the 50's. This was in USA not Germany. What did he and my grand father do....put it on top of a scarecrow! Where of course it was stolen!

Lol this. My grandpa was a driver for landing craft in the Pacific theater and had a Japanese kamikaze plane get shot down near him and he got to it first. He hauled the pilot out and took his jacket and kamikaze bandana thing and stored it in his locker, but when he came back his lock was broken and the stuff was gone

>but it was plundered from a Nazi mansion

Be careful some kike will claim that was plundered from them

oh i thought you got an official one, you should get that if you want to sell it in the future

37usMe discord server for leftypol crusade, get in here

We're gonna hit 'em hard, folks

gf got some sake cup china from when her grandfather landed after the bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki. He actually walked from one end of the city to the other, through the atom bomb wreckage.

Oh I have, just don't have any paperwork bon that. Took it to a guy who verified above and offered me 16k for it. Don't plan on selling though.

>lock was broken and the stuff was gone

Truly the greatest generation.

First war in which we offered streamlined citizenship to foreigners and illegals for serving, worked out great...

I collect WWII Japanese stuff. That's a modern garbage sword.
These.

Who knows, not a nigger though. I believe he left service as a commander.

Also HATED gays because apparently subs would turn into big ol' fag fests and his superior officer made a pass at him lmao

I will direct you to my correction, my collector friend

Apparently these pistols were fucking unreliable. Not entirely sure why anymore, thought it had to do with increased production during ww2.

It wouldn't have some faggy dragon on the blade if it were real. It would have Guntō fittings if it was a WWII used sword too.

A mostly undeserved reputation. Modern ammo is pretty finicky in them and a lot have mismatched magazines.

That's actually really fucking cool

The Nambus look so crude compared to Luger 08's...

How is the handling? Comfy?

I don't know why you would think it looks crude.
They feel good in the hand, just like a Luger. I've never shot this though.

Here's a Mazda made gun to go along with this thread theme.

>It wouldn't have some faggy dragon on the blade if it were real
you are clueless my man

Because the line arrangement is not as pretty and too abrupt on the Nambu for my tate

That and the fucking trigger guard is too tight.

Well shucks then :( guess I should throw it out. Thanks user!

I have a revolver from the Salonica/Thessaloniki front with some silver bits on it, first world war.
One Hitler Youth knife, second world war.
One ashtray made out of boiled skull bones of some Bosnian muslim soldier, Yugo civil war.

t. Grandmaster of the way of the blade

>One ashtray made out of boiled skull bones of some Bosnian muslim soldier, Yugo civil war.

Savage, Id love to have my countries enemies skulls boiled into something, like a drinking cup.

Hasn't Sup Forums automatically cleaned exif data for years now or am I high?

>line arrangement
You mean the fact that the grips aren't fully checkered like a Luger?
I'm not a weeb, I just enjoy some of the WWII Japanese arms. My main interest is French arms anyways. You could call me a Ouiaboux in that case ;^^^^^^^)

This, how am I supposed to put my sauerkraut dripping, saussage fingers into the guard

No, I meant the lines of the whole guns, from a design POV. Does not attract me

lets see

check this one and guess my name

I don't think the message came in clear, grandmaster...

Shlomo

none of the naval officers had anything but factory pressed blades made that year in WW2. family swords never left the home and user is correct that the dragon is beyond what would be seen on historical weapons. its pressed into the blade with a hydrolic press

the most you see on real historical weapons from japan is the craftmans name tapped in with a chisel or a symbol for the four elements (its a aggregated symbol not individual kanji)l and half the time the name isnt the actual sword smiths name. there is a joke about it in japan. that a lesser knpown sword smith put a more well known sword smiths name on his blades when asked why he responds its to raise the value of the product. dry humor

do you have any french lizard para caps from the Algerian crisis? those are cool, mostly because of the history

>This, how am I supposed to put my sauerkraut dripping, saussage fingers into the guard
They changed the trigger guard design in 1939.

The Type 14 also looks smaller than it is. It's a very large sized handgun.

you made your point muhammad

>naval officer
>hand to hand combat

I mean fair point, but how would you explain mine? It's been professionally appraised afterall

Got these numnums

incorrect

also the exif was scraped, this is the original

screenshots in win7 jpg has exif containing username (artist). used it to spook people on /x/. guess you can't do that anymore.

>134440437
>dragon is beyond what would be seen on historical weapons.
nope. look up early shinto horimono/bonji, some was tacky as fuck. literally flaming dragons with swords.
>the most you see on real historical weapons from japan is the craftmans name tapped in with a chisel or a symbol for the four elements (its a aggregated symbol not individual kanji)
again no, you clueless.

>that a lesser knpown sword smith put a more well known sword smiths name on his blades when asked why he responds its to raise the value of the product.
That's called gemei.
Nope. I mostly collect weapons.

I have concentration camp money, similar to pic related.

your appraisal could be full of shit, but not as full of shit as saying
>the most you see on real historical weapons from japan is the craftmans name tapped in with a chisel or a symbol for the four elements
so as of now i would go with the appraisal.

>can you make up some Japanese shit about my flea market katana?

Wow jews only got a few pennies to buy them extra stuff in the Camps.. what a holocaust!

>katana

As a pureblooded Jap whos grandfather died on one of those islands, I bow to you for honoring your ancestors dead enemy.

Our ancestors would have done the same with your soldiers gear as trophies for having slain a worthy enemy.

No hard feelings. Only respect for having gone through such a horrid conflict together. Achieve victory with understanding, accept defeat with honor.

Just a couple of wartime mosins that are hardly worth their weight in scrap. Fun to shoot though.

I got into a bit of a war in some public toilets the other evening. Shots were definitely fired, I took several loads to the face. Came back with HIV. I have no children to pass it onto though so I'll just give it to someone else's kids.

If you wish to ascend to further enlightenment, return that sword to the descendents of the man who once owned it.

God shall reveal part of himself to you if you do this.

My Grandpa stone a bubblegum comic from a G.I.

does that count

did you get it appraised?

>Mine is I inherited a katana from my grampa. He was a naval officer in the Pacific theatre of WW2 and during a raid on an enemy sub, gutted the commander and lifted his sword.

More like he bought it off the black market either on an occupied island or the Japanese home islands after the war

>Larping
lmao faggot

M'lady loves it ;)

Isn't there a little something that forbids looting?

My great uncle was in the navy as a carpenter during WW2, said that one day he was showering and out of the blue a guy snuck up behind him, grabbed him and tried to stick his dick in my uncle's ass.

That has to be a shoop. Cobras cant get THAT big can they?

Your grandpa killed a mall ninja, congratulations.

My grandpa was fighting in France, when a fucking King Tiger tried to overrun his squad. He fucked up the driver by poking his katana through the vision block (katanas are 1000x stronger than tank armor), dived through the turret hatch and butchered the crew.

He then hid the King Tiger in his pack for 4 years while he basically single handed won WWII. He passed the KT down to my father, who passed it down to me. I now use the KT as a daily driver, it holds a lot of groceries, but fitting a childseat will be a pain (If I ever lose my virginity).

Pic related, its my tank.

Forgot the pic, we hit a speed bump and the KT jerks a little as it crushes it. Sorry

old swords can still have tacky dragon carvings

Waaaaaiiiitttt? Are you saying he carried a whole tank on his back for 4 years????

That's amazing, he should have like a movie made about him or something!

It truly was a hall of costs.

Sadly my old dads souvenirs got confiscated as his mob (parachute regiment) were notorious for picking up any weapon they found useful. All he kept in the end was his old bayonet which he used to dig in plants. The Luger, MP40/II and MG42 all went into a hopper on the fore deck of a troop transport then over the side with a load of other non standard kit.
What the fuck he actually intended to do with a belt fed machine gun is anyone's guess. A friend of his managed to smuggle an artillery Luger home but ended up chucking into a metal furnace.
Fuck my countries girly attitude to guns.

NOICE

You could have tricked a lot more people by not adding the final paragraph desu

It came on a little strong.

What caliber is that pistol, user?
.32 perhaps?

One on the left looks like Justin Bieber

I'm fuckin jelly user, of both the sword and your badass gramps.

My grandma's brother occupied Paris in 1940 and then made it to the outskirts of Moscow with Army Group Center the next year. He survived the war and lived to a very old age. She has some of his war loot which I am keen to get my hands on.

I've got an Iron Cross dated 39 that my granddad took from a nazi he killed.

I pretty much hate all minorities, but I do admire the Japanese. They were a warrior culture. Many of them killed themselves before allowing the enemy to capture them alive. They fought with honor. When I was living in Okinawa I visited this giant cliff where many jumped to their own death rather than surrender. Japan was a worthy opponent and it is crazy to me how a small island nation manged to cuck China and Korea.

Im not digging in the spider infested basement to take pics but I have a box of civil war and native American items. Lived on a farm in Georgia near the Battle of Chickamauga and would dig up buttons, arrow heads, coins,and other shit like that. Even have a few canon balls. The farm house was fucking spooky too

15 foot long Reich building banner.

It sits in a bag and never comes out.

Noted, leaf. No fuck off, don't you have to worry about getting stabbed by hoods with a plastic knife?

Thanks, roo. Sadly never met him, died couple years before I was born.

Yeah it's funny how often Sup Forums is labelled white supremacist when most legitimate posters respect the japs

Awesome, user. I have an Iron Cross from the Napoleonic War, passed down from grandmothers side of family (Lithuanian). My father will soon pass it to me.

samurai sword of yoshida added

especially effective against traitors