Insider's Gift to You

Hello. I'm what this image board's culture would refer to as a "High Level Insider."

I'm not here to talk about myself or my role with the Trump administration. We've been tossing around this concept for some time, but our resources are spread thin at the moment and for that reason I have authorization push this concept into the wild where it may be developed by independent and motivated patriots. I am not authorized to disclose its code name.

The concept is simple. Take the world's largest news aggregates, such as Drudge, and mirror the site. The mirror crawls the original site, updating articles and links at brief intervals. As it does so, the mirror captures link URLs and archives them through an engine such as archive.org. All links are then replaced with the link to the archive, while retaining the look, feel, and general usability of the site it mirrors.

The purpose is to deny ad revenue to the media, something the culture here is already familiar with. For this reason, this is the ideal place for the concept to develop, incubate, and take root in first. After that, users may push virality through social media and in particular its eventual endorsement by influential independent YouTube personalities.

Even a modest percentage of users migrating to aggregate mirrors would have a substantial impact on media revenue.

In theory, certain media outlets could be white-listed and their links left in place based on their own hostility towards MSM narratives. Such a policy could constitute a slippery slope and serve as a barrier to adoption for some users, and so white-listing should be approached with caution.

It is our hopes that someone - or some group - will take this concept to fruition.

Thank you for your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/fitzgerald-initial-investigation-blames-navy/index.html
whitehouse.gov/1600daily
whitehouse.gov/blog/2017/07/21/west-wing-reads-72117
getriced.com/time-punish-fake-news-sites/
archive.today/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent(document.location)))
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

no

Now this is an idea worth delving into. Thank you sir.

>>I am not authorized to disclose its code name.
Operation Svalbard, after the Norwegian (bot) seed vault (of links)?

>deny ad revenue to the media, something the culture here is already familiar with. For this reason, this is the ideal place for the concept to develop, incubate, and take root in first.
Yea, have Sup Forums as the scapegoat when liberals realize what's going on.
Sage

I mean why not though? They already scape goat us for everything (because if they can bully and ostracize us irl, why not online too?)

I like it. Anything for the downfall of the MSM should be utilized to the highest

>muh LARP

Show me something real.

This is brilliant. Fuck these media bastards hard.

I like operation Svalbard. Any anons willing to actually do something?

>Hello. I'm what this image board's culture would refer to as a "High Level Insider."

No, we call people like you "larpers."

Trying to destroy what is now called the "MSM" is stupidly dangerous. Without an opposition party, the crazy right wingers will come out unopposed. The same could be said if they attacked "right wing media". What trump is doing is as far as we should go. Shaming those who say they are fair and balanced works well enough. You attack their egos, their ratings.

Where you the user in the thread yesterday asking what Sup Forums did for income? You mentioned an app/site just like drudge but didn't provide details.

Bump

this is a good idea

i also think alternative aggregate news sites are a good idea.

anyone can do what drudge does and list, re-title, and link to articles that support their narrative

for a couple years there was the site altfeed that was a more libertarian aggregate that mimicked drudge layout.

i am surprised fags like /polnews/ fag haven't made their own aggregate sites.

the idea of archiving everything automatically to deny ad revenue is great as well, especially if anons can turn profits off the clicks to support aggregation/archiving costs.

It doesn't matter if he is real or not. His plan is good. These are billion dollar companies. Even if ad revenue only goes down by about 0,5%, that is a lot of shekels.

Operation Svalbard, keeping the media out in the cold.

Don't worry about the "high level insider" thing. Just think of the idea, it's like Norway bot for normies.

I'll summon him:
edition.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/fitzgerald-initial-investigation-blames-navy/index.html

>Crazy right wingers
As opposed to the genocidal jews running current news organizations? If we can hit them badly enough where they have to ratchet up their clickbait and sensationalism to get revenue, we can get more and more of them to commit to catastrophic errors in judgement in the hunt for clicks and views. See it as helping them help themselves sort the situation out.

hurting their feelings means nothing to me

B U M P

Just do it on a more conservative, right wing level than Drudge.

It has become obvious that Drudge's headlines are becoming unflattering toward President Trump.

His jewness is is starting to shine though

Disagree. With so many retracted stories, and people resigning over bogus "journalism"...this is the perfect time to move on this idea.

You're not going to beat Drudge at his own game, which is content aggregation and link naming/phrasing that shapes your expectation of the links given.

The best first action would be a simple archived mirror of Drudge. Give people the content they're used to, but mirrored (no ad revenue).

You're no "high level insider." You're just a LARPer who thinks he came up with a good idea for a website.

If it's such a great idea, go make it yourself. You could probably hire a few Indian programmers to make it for a couple grand. Should be chump change for a "high level insider."

>In theory, certain media outlets could be white-listed and their links left in place based on their own hostility towards MSM narratives.

Jew detected. "Give us shekels to be whitelisted."

>Trying to destroy what is now called the "MSM" is stupidly dangerous. Without an opposition party, the crazy right wingers will come out unopposed. The same could be said if they attacked "right wing media". What trump is doing is as far as we should go. Shaming those who say they are fair and balanced works well enough. You attack their egos, their ratings.

this tactic would work on all of the mainstream media, left and right.

takig away advertising revenue from all factions of the MSM would help slow the flow of echo-chamber-click-bait bullshit we get flooded with from all angles.

Even if this is a larping faggot, the idea is quite sound. You've come to the right place.

Wow hi Feds long time no see. Still trying to shut down the old chans huh? You know I regularly will think to myself "lel we donĀ“t matter to them, they like it that we sit here and waste time on X is white and deep discussions of indian toiletries" but then these threads and posts happen and I remember. Your whole cabal is going down and you will try to bring down as many of us as you can in your fall.

Sad!

Huh. I thought it was just me. So you think the headlines have been taking a noticeable "DURRR, NEVER DRAUOMPH" slant, too?

Bump

I actually like the idea, although I doubt you are a 'high level' insider. If you were, you would stay silent. Talking is silver, but silence is gold.
I even think you are someone, who want to damage the Trump administration. It would all to convenient, that a Trump insider is creating a way outside the government to silence misaligned media.

Perhaps you should go. But the idea was nice, if you only hadn't say, you are a high level insider, I would have put time in it.

Are you up to answer some questions?

You act like the only possible nexus for an opposition to form on is the one the Democrats are already in. There are more (and less degenerate) ways for people to disagree on what ought to be done in politics.

This is actually a pretty good idea.
The problem is what would replace them?
Is this using dynamite to remove a mole hill?

turn off your vpn greatesty ally

This sounds like nordbot 2.0

>checked
bump for smart thinkin'

>ebin idea

bump

An insider who doesn't answer questions... cool

Sounds like a great excuse to get archiving sites shut down for good.

this is an interesting idea, bump

Bamp

Brumpf

>I'm what this image board's culture would refer to as a "High Level Insider."

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy High Level Insider in vain!

been advocating for this for years, i will be suing you for stealing my idea.

automating this is how you get archive websites illegal.

death to the MSM

If I understand this correctly, you want to just clone drudge, while replacing links with archived ones. This is quite simple to do but would also hurt drudge and archiving websites.

nice
bump for interest

>Hello. I'm what this image board's culture would refer to as a "High Level Insider."

on Sup Forums that is code for chumscrubber

the bigger issue on drudge is i cant read half the articles because they get put behind paywalls by nyt, latime, et all. so its kind of pointless to link to an article i cant even read.

You're actually what this board's culture would refer to as a "larper"

>the bigger issue on drudge is i cant read half the articles because they get put behind paywalls by nyt, latime, et all. so its kind of pointless to link to an article i cant even read.

dude that is maybe 5-10% of the articles, not half.

news sites with pay walls are killing themselves, they dont even need our help.

well it tends to be the major articles that are worth reading, maybe 10% of drudge links are even worth reading.

>Put the Jew media in digital chains.
Sign me up.

Also, who here is signed up for

whitehouse.gov/1600daily

and

whitehouse.gov/blog/2017/07/21/west-wing-reads-72117

It's so refreshing to see even minor news without histrionic arm waving and drama.

www.pnn.com
>pol news network

hmmm maybe not. pic related

that's even funnier

it undermines the kikes on two fronts

>Somebody made an extension that does this.
getriced.com/time-punish-fake-news-sites/

I really need a job in politics if this is what passes for cutting edge ideas in those circles.

Its a decent idea, but its also been done already.

Problems come from the fact that these sites will just block crawler IPs. Specialized basic anylitics can be used to determine which IPs archive the sites content.

The entire concpt becomes completely cost prohibitive as the number of crawler IPs grows.

Work-arounds like user-IP archive submissions also get thwarted by the same mechanism.

So again, good idea, but not practical from a monitary perspective. COINTEL programs get far better results for the dollar, which is why the CIA uses those instead.

kys faggot

What if you use the tor network to crawl? Too important to block.

I'm actually going to make this mostly as an exercise in writing scala.

Eh. What if denying them the ad revenue causes them to acquire revenue by other means? Sounds like it could backlash pretty hard.

Using routing netowrks would help, but the sites themselves are going to be happy to block those exit node IPs, even at the expense of the legitimate traffic they get via proxies. Just look at Sup Forums, they dont care about the legit posters via cellular connections, they just blocked them all knowing the legitimate users will just find unblocked IPs to post from.

The idea as a whole will work on a small scale, but small scale isnt going to hurt their ad revenue much.

Media revenue isn't as easy as it sounds, they are already scrapping the bottom with internet ads.

or you can just make a bookmark and put this line as URL: javascript:void(open('archive.today/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent(document.location)))

Incorrect.

It's simply a matter of using proxy aggregators to obtain stripped down link URLs.

Think of all the mobile apps that feed Drudge aggregated content to the user's phone. Pulling from these proxies would be anonymous if tracking UTMs were stripped off URLs.

There are other ways as well, the proxy aggregator middle-man isn't even truly necessary.

Bonus that it would be over cellular. Good luck blocking that.

I think I might know someone who would agree with you.

>Destroy jewish media with memes
Heil Trump were on it sir!

Hooktube > Jewtube

I should add that the same proxy technique could be used for virtually any large aggregator since they all have mobile apps that feed to the user rather than requiring a crawler.

I say this because there's really no reason to pick on Drudge per se but since he is the aggregator most likely to be picked up by enough people to matter (and being that he is somewhat sympathetic to the anti-MSM narrative despite being a Jew) he does make the most sense in terms of an initial case-study.

But as I said, with aggregator apps now pushing content to users the crawler concern is obsolete. Being cellular would be an immense boost to its security. Pushing URLs around is very minor bandwidth to begin with.

Maybe don't be so snide in assuming you could hack it in fleshing out cutting edge programs?

Call it News Neutrality

Larp or not, decent idea.

>Why it wouldn't work.
Archive will get stressed if you start pushing that much traffic traffic costs money
Once known more sites (like vice already has) will start blacklisting archive engines
User adoption difficult without messaging campaign from Trump, or ad dollars.

>My proposal
Browser plugin would work better.
When active the plugin would take whatever URL is known, such as Norway-Bots list, and redirect through archive so that the user never visits the site.
You can have the plugin automatically CSS strip the framing for archive for more normie friendly approach.
Sell it as an Ultimate AdBlock / Ad killer plugin.
Maybe get drudge to push it.

This way you don't have to maintain a big site like drudge, working scrapes, archiving and posting links, you can work within the existing ecosystem. I don't think Drudge gets referrals to the site he links off to, so what does he care. He'll still sell ads on his page, but push the plugin to kill the MSM.

Beating Drudge at his own game could hopefully come later, but really that may not be a priority...it's about telling the public what MSM refuses to cover.

It's obvious we aren't going to get positive results reported of President Trump's progress, and this reaches even more people than just the President's Twitter acct. Consider it a state run media outlet that is cherry picking favorable, but factual, corroborated stories about Trump from other news outlets.....I would even call it something obnoxious like "What the Media Refuses To Tell You"

But I agree with mirroring Drudge with no ad revenue as well.

I agree, there are some hurdles, but the idea is very sound and shockingly workable for something not yet implemented.

Your reasons why it wouldn't work are correct in a long term sense. In a short term sense however none of those issues apply. So the idea could be put to work now and evolve later.

The browser addon is a bad idea because getting someone to install something is a huge barrier to use. This solution would go nowhere as evidenced by the fact that it already exists. See: The far better solution would be to allow anons to host the archive in a swarm, similar to a torrent cloud. As links fall off the aggregator (for example, Drudge) due to being old news, they fall off the cloud and are no longer archived (after some delay, for example a day or a week).

This solves the bandwidth issue by decentralizing it and solves the memory issue by making only current, relevant articles exist in the cloud.

>The concept is simple. Take the world's largest news aggregates, such as Drudge, and mirror the site. The mirror crawls the original site, updating articles and links at brief intervals. As it does so, the mirror captures link URLs and archives them through an engine such as archive.org. All links are then replaced with the link to the archive, while retaining the look, feel, and general usability of the site it mirrors.
This has been discussed before.

A completely dencentralised, DHT, onion based Napster for news sites. In order to work, it would need to be a constantly updated "killer app", that people would use in preference to media sites, because it is faster/more convienient/allows user-controlled comments, full search, tagging, no ads, etc.

A distributed, decentralised Usenet-like online archive of newsites, blogs, social media if possible. Complete anonymity would be essential. It would take: An onion based UUCP network (actually the easy part), and an automated system for reading, stripping, and probably somehow verifying stories (this is the hard part). Clients will have to be servers in the network as well, but clients can be anything from server plugins to browser-add ons. The API is what's important.

The media are now conglomerated propaganda powerhouses. It is essential that the internet finish the job before they destroy what's left of our Democracy.

Video producer here.

Please break their backs.

>the Jew cries out as he strikes you

LMFAO

I mostly agree with you.

Where I disagree is any requirement to verify the news or to improve on the site in question.

Enough people are fed up with the MSM that they would make the archive aggregator their default news source simply in protest. At earlier times I believe you are correct that it would require enhanced user experience to gain uptake, but I think today that's out the window. At least for a not-insignificant minority of people (other could follow later).

The better thing would be, at least at first, to mimic the aggregator being mirrored.

Would there be a way we could pressure Drudge to start using Archive for everything? Right now I don't think he could be able to selectively choose who and who not to "sponsor" with non archived links and such. But it's a very interesting idea to create mirrors of Drudge and basically try and steal some viewership and push an agenda with archived and non archived links.

Drudge has an auto tweet function for each news story as it's posted, I think just data sucking that may work.
I'm always surprised by how many people have adblock on PC, but I've seen from my own sites, mobile web is where we're headed, no plugin zone.
Scape to DB is easy with Python and Scrapy on a server.

I like the mobile app idea, just a different formating of drudges links. Or instead build the network and an API out, and let people build multiple sites / apps off of it.

It would be best if Drudge did it because he would still get ad revenue for hits on his site.

Which would be hilarious.

But then they would start blocking his ISP from finding their news sources, which would be almost more hilarious than anything.

Ultimately some user will have to understand this concept fully and create it.

My take:

There should be no "crawler." Instead a mobile app that is fed the aggregate content should be used, since this is anonymous (and cellular is more secure). Then the phone server would feed the stripped URLs to the host server.

Host server would have to exist as a cloud hosted by decentralized anons. Sup Forums would have plenty of people willing to host it, which would serve as the backbone. These anons would be randomly selected to crawl a new URL and send its contents back to the cloud for hosting. This way no single ISP/IP could ever be identified. Too many IPs. It would be impossible.

Any time a link was removed from the real aggregator, a count-down would begin (say, a week) and after that timer reached zero, the archive of that link's associated website would be deleted, thereby keeping the storage requirement to a minimum.

Then, the only thing that would need to be shared to normies would be the URL to access everything. No barrier to use.

This would actually work.

I have to go, keep this bumped. Would be incredible if it were ever created.

good idea

checked and bumped

MAGA

Final thought.

Lots of shills in all the other threads. Not seeing much shill activity here.

Always interesting when that happens...

Why the fuck would you suggest Drudge as a place to target to deny ad revenue?
It's the only news site worth viewing on a regular basis.

This is a fucking psyop

Just adblock the Marxist sites.

You are what this image board's culture would refer to as a "Larping Faggot."