ONE OF US

Is the New York Times harboring one of our own?

The New York Times is facing blowback on social media after publishing an essay by an African-American reporter who accused white women of racism for not ceding space on city sidewalks to black men.

In a Wednesday essay titled "Was That Racist," reporter Greg Howard singled out white women for forcing him "off the sidewalk completely" when walking toward him, not allowing a straight path.

"In seven years of living and walking here, I’ve found that most people walk courteously — but that white women, at least when I’m in their path, do not," Howard writes.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170721223303/http://thehill.com/homenews/media/343073-ny-times-reporter-accuses-white-women-of-racism-on-city-sidewalks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that Weabooreacts?

It's true, white women are the most racist. They will date someone of a different race simply because of that person's race so they can justify their racism towards them.

Here's the link:

web.archive.org/web/20170721223303/http://thehill.com/homenews/media/343073-ny-times-reporter-accuses-white-women-of-racism-on-city-sidewalks

Norway bots can fuck off.

"Sometimes they’re buried in their phones. Other times, they’re in pairs and groups, and in conversation. But often, they’re looking ahead, through me, if not quite at me," he continues.

"When white women are in my path, they almost always continue straight, forcing me to one side without changing their course. This happens several times a day; and a couple of times a week, white women force me off the sidewalk completely. In these instances, when I’m standing in the street or in the dirt as a white woman strides past, broad-shouldered and blissful, I turn furious," Howard said.

"After these encounters, I’m always left with questions. Why only and specifically white women? Do they refuse to acknowledge me because they’ve been taught that they should fear black men, and that any acknowledgment of black men can invite danger? Do they refuse to acknowledge me because to alter their route would be to show their fear? Do they not see me? Can they not see me?" he asks later in the essay.

We're fucked. They just brought "who gets out of my way while walking?" to top-of-mind presence of about 250M Americans. Now everyone is going to walking confrontationally as a form of passive-aggressive resistance to the perception of a world beyond their control, and nobody will move out of anyone's way.
I guess we can all thank this little nigger for devolving race relations to impress his masters.
>inb4 niggers can't be racist
they're the only racists in this equation.

>WHHHY WHYTE WOMINZ WON'T PAY ATTENTION TO ME REEEEEEEEEE

Heh.

>Claims to walk on sidewalk and not down the middle of the street forcing traffic to wait and/or swerve
NYT finally got around to replacing Jayson Blair

This is like an r9k post if r9k was for black people.

dont be mean to norbro

What makes it 'his path'? Why shouldn't he move? Why should they have to move for him? Doesn't sound like he's moving either if he gets 'pushed off the sidewalk'.

This guy is a beta. An Alpha would walk right through them.

Greg Howard is a Beta-fag . . . If I am walking on the right side i dont move . . . if a woman doesn't move out of my way then she gets the old "hey, whats your name" . . 9/10 they get out of the way, lol

fucking wrote for Deadspin. how surprising

"why don't white women look at nerd blacks like me"

Why user, why?

it may not be a racial thing. I've noticed that white women are very uncourteous, and prejudiced towards men in general, and it shows even in fleeting public encounters, and in customer service situations. Can't count the times I've been horrendously bitch faced by random women passing me by in public, for absolutely no reason. I'm not even ugly or perving on them. And I dread customer service situations with them. I do live in sydney though, which is about the most unfriendly place in the developed world and notorious for its relentlessly bitchy women

I move over the the right side of the sidewalk as far as I can go, and if someone doesn't give me space, i lower my shoulder and drive like I'm back playing football (women included).

What I don't do is be a pussy and write an article about being driven off the sidewalk by self center, inconsiderate bitches.

It's not because he's blacks - it's because he's clearly a beta nerd.