Gene Doping

Ok Sup Forums

serious question, what are your opinions on gene editing? if you could take the weakest, dumbest, and ugliest among the white race and make them into gods, would you?

I know a guy who works with CRISPR-CAS9 and im intrigued. I plan to go back to school and study this shit myself and become a god among men.

but would you do the same? Im curious as to how people feel on this board.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1877876/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

follistatin mice are fucking
T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>super mice

The buff mice won't be as fast, nimble or lightfooted. Trunks, Vegeta and Goku tried this during the Cell games and got smashed. Won't work out too well in the end. Good idea for larger meat yields though.

>if you could take the weakest, dumbest, and ugliest among the white race and make them into gods, would you?

No.

is this achievable natty?

How do I become as massive as possible? Like, how to become a wall of meat?

That was back when dbz tried to make sense of how these people are so stupidly powerful. Now goku and vegeta can punch eachother hard enough to destroy the universe despite looking like they did when they fought freeza

thats how you get khan

Those mutations are extremely disadvantageous. There's a reason they are extremely rare in nature.

gene editing is not a practical way to improve humans
sperm, however, is. sperm can improve human genes very quickly.

Talk about a moral conundrum. Once we can do that, where does it end?

You need variety. You need garbage collectors and weak people to give the strong value. Nature is at it is for a reason. You're unleashing the dragon here!

heard CRISPR is too error prone and sloppy so probably won't work

Tendies and fries my nigga

>Not understanding god energy

>being buff
>turning it on and off at your desire with crispr
>disadvantageous

fuck off hungry skeleton

I'm just waiting for someone to figure out how to use crispr to stop all of my hair from falling out

>/fit/

>would you?

>Not understanding a bullshit contrivance
You got me m8, how will I ever recover

>You need garbage collectors and weak people
>not creating the perfect garbage collector that can lift discarded couches with one hand, has skin thick enough to withstand any broken shard of glass or empty heroin needle, is immune to disease, releases a chemical from their skin that kills bedbugs on contact, and always smells like a bouquet of their favorite flower regardless of how much shit they're covered in
You're not gonna make it.

god bless you user here is your (you)

>not knowing this has happened before long long ago.
The snake medical symbol, and transgenderism is not by accident.

Well.the thing is we are doping people.Problem is,that it isnt public.If it is,its in china.And the still have little dongs.Cant erase that!

Tho,for Real.If we could experiment on humans,or generalny would be encouraged to scientifically advanced,we would be getting blonde blue eyed wide jawed aryans every single baby Born.

yes, of course

Most of Sup Forums are transhumanists and eugenicists. If you don't know this then gb2 plebbit.

Having both human MSTN genes activated results in an approximate doubling of strength with only 50% more muscle mass.

There are no known negative effects. However I will say there is a certain lack of knowledge on long term effects. For example; doping of increased red blood cells adds endurance and stamina, but has an increased risk of blood clots and stroke.

As crazy as it sounds, legalizing gene doping would allow these underground clinics to publish years of data for researches to use.

everyone must choose a single superpower for balance

>he fell for the china meme
Good gwaylo

Does this shit actually give the mouse more contractile force?

Or is this another case of
>growth hormones

fuckin mirin

You probably end up doubling your calorie intake

e.g. It's a beneficial gene if there's a lot of food, but we haven't always had that through human history, so these kinds of people tend to starve to death.

>Ackchually, this chinese cartoon about aliens fighting increasingly more powerful aliens and robots should be realistic. If they're going to use magic powers to fight they should make it logical.

True. There was another muscle genetic disorder that had the same effects, but burned so many calories and prioritized muscle tissue over nervous system tissue.

Meaning of they didn't constantly eat, they would start burning calories via destruction of the nervous system instead of fat deposits or muscle tissue.

It's a bad time.

We need to fund this shit and see if we can make genetic IQ boosts mandatory for niggers; maybe then they'd learn some responsibility.

China already did it with dogs.
Pic related.

It's been my dream since childhood. I just want a qt3.14 catgrill waiting to greet me at the door when I get home from work

>hulk forgets to eat
>becomes too stupid to eat
>just dies swole with no brain

BROTHERRRRRRRR

there's a videogame for that

what's our opinion? what the fuck does it matter. asia is going to use it and make super humans. meanwhile the west is actually regressing in iq because it's being filled with 60 iq subhumans from south america, africa, and the middle east.

the future is gene edited super humans sterilizing and wiping out the inferior trash. you want to make 100 iq babies? enjoy knowing that in the future they will be sterilized and become slaves of 200 iq gene edited babies.

I'm pretty certain the genes need to be altered when it's like a single cell, like when it's still an egg and a sperm. I'm pretty sure you can't alter your genes much past that point.

>be huge
>wear out your heart twice as fast
>die when you are 40

Gene editing doesn't make our tissue and DNA any more resilient. It still wears down, it still needs to repair itself, shortening telomeres each time.

Until you find a way to lengthen telomeres these kinds of changes only harm us.

And when you find a way to lengthen telomeres, grats, you have found a way to make humans immortal because that is the only thing keeping us from repairing ourselves forever.

Its an obvious conclusion that genetic engineering is the future, as soon as places like China start doing it the west will be forced to get past our ethical dilemma or start a war before a breed of ubermensch makes us all obsolete.

>You need weak people to give the strong value

Silence heretic! The more Spess Muhreens the better! Genetically engineer the human race til they are perfect!

Unlike animals, most of human potential is only limited by environment and instruction, not genes

Vidya is merely a stopgap solution

doggo battle mounts when?

If one could produce mutations that confer maximum advantage with minimum disadvantage. Having massive muscles wastes energy and puts strain on your skeletal. It gives you more strength but you burn fuel at a much higher rate like a muscle car. We could probably do a lot of minmaxing though, improving the efficiency of various systems like oxygen uptake, telomere regeneration, retention of information. Nature after all is not a perfectionist, you just evolve with the bare minimum traits necessary to retain a stable gene pool and nothing more. I absolutely would, and if genetic modification is available by the time I'm ready to settle down and start a family I definitely will save up to have as many negative traits as possible expunged from my lineage.

yes, we should also eliminate gender/sex; once we can create perfect genderless babies we can achieve perfect hivemind. Once we're all equal, we can work towards perfecting our planet, reaching the stars, creating a Dyson sphere all to attain our ultimate goal:
Uploading our consciousness to the internet and be one with our 3D wifus, forever.

>tfw this is what we do to chickens to eat them
>tfw when you realize you are being prepped

You can with retroviral therapy, you replace the genetic codes of a Virus with the desired change, make sure the virus is of a species which infects the organ or system you want to alter, and release the virus into the specimen. Once inside, the virus does what they always do, penetrate host cells and overwrite a portion of their DNA, except instead of re-tooling the cell to just create more viruses, a genetic modification would simply clip on a new segment which codes for the desired genetic alteration.

My body is ready

YOU MUST EAT BIG TO GET/STAY BIG

>2050: what's left of humanity floats around with hover-harnesses (jacked quads and hams prevent normal walking) while wearing beer hats full of state-standardized fat/protein drank made from the failed "please kill me" fetuses of society

The crystal ball is becoming cloudy--showing me nothing more

>Genetically engineer the human race til they are perfect!
There is no such thing.
Pic related.

Mounts? Probably not anytime soon; we'd still need to increase their size, something which comes with it's own set of complications.
Doggos for military use on the other hand will be possible soon enough.

Sorry guy's, just like before and a time, Nature will not allow this to happen enmass. This has happened before. You can't remember it happening, But it has happened. Humans are older than you think. Anyway, Long story short, Nature won't allow it and you will find out how soon enough, just as it was, and always will have been. Nature also isn't the only thing that you have to worry about.

Honestly I'd only consider it if it meant I'd age extremely slow and live for at least another 1000 years.

Otherwise i cannot effectively imagine the bosses vision.

Perfection is the ultimate goal, can and must be achieved. Only then will Humanity attain it's true calling!

Mass suicide

Perfection implies there is no room for improvement, of which there is always room for. Ergo, perfection doesn't exist.
However, one should always strive for perfection, for though it does not exist, it isn't a fruitless goal; there will be many improvements along the way.

I'm kind of tempted to drop this whole pharmacy schtick and go do research with retroviruses before they go out of style. Also using bacteriophages to substitute antibiotics.

My bet is on this doggo

You want to give niggers higher IQs? Theyd just use their new found knowledge to arrange bigger & more complex robberies & giving theyselves migraines.

Military already uses doggers.
There was this really interesting study going on at my Uni a while back, tried to apply for a job in the project but got there a bit too late. They were using a retroviral gene therapy to see if they could artificially increase the speed of learning and retention rate in mice. Sounds like it would be really useful for humans if there were no harmful tradeoffs.

>Your ubermench garbage collector capable of math, science, and art to rival every great thinker and master of antiquity doesn't want to collect garbage or marry from the designated 10/10 garbage collectette woman unit pool
>Wants to marry 11/10 woman unit from middle management bureaucrat breeding pool
>battle of the gods.jpg

Without full automation such a society would never function

Without space access such society where everyone is 6'7" Aryan Supermen and everything is automated and every woman could Gene therapy themselves into hyper intelligent super models would decend into such levels of hedonistic nhilism that it would make the fall of Rome, today, or the dark eldar look tame.

The future is to definitely genetically engineer or cyborg ourselves to perfection, but to do the same to everyone would leave 9/10ths of the population both goalless and purposeless unless it puts us into such an age of advancement that our whole perfect society would be working towards ftl transport and timetravel and similar ways to minmax the universe like we had our genome.

Why can't people use steroids again?

A fucking leaf

they require more calories, which humans have no problem with now with modern farming techniques.

>6'7"
>Not 7'
Godlets, when will you learn?

what if it turns you into the retard from flowers for algernon?

That's when we move up to chimps.

Crude eugenics was well-enough understood in Britain and the US in the early 1900s. Sterilize the criminals and idiots, keep out illegal migrants so that they don't undercut wages, make sure that successful families have enough time away from work to have children. You could get more advanced now with IVF, as in, pay people to be surrogate moms using genetic material from a smart, successful person.

(you)

Reliance on technology for survival is a bad bet in my opinion. Modified humans should be capable of living in as many environments with as little extra protection and as little energy consumption as possible.

Best kek of the week

Or they might just learn why it's more beneficial for them to play along with the rules and actually be a contributing member of society rather than a thieving criminal.

I know. I'm talking about where these doggers can be used. That was just the first example in my mind.

This is much healthier.

This is why ayys look like greys

>inserting superior genes throughout the entire public
KEKENING

Rehab does produce much lower recidivism than penal imprisonment, however there are some people (usually nogs, beaners, and politicians) who simply refuse to integrate. They have to get the snips or the bullet.

>destruction of the nervous system
Isn't that basically Alzheimer's?

I wish so badly i could tell you who you really are, I shouldn't even said what i did. It's against the rules... for now. Remain, skeptic, It's a good defense, But just remember if you deny everything that seems strange eventually you will accidentally gloss over the truth.

>6'7" godlets want the covered 7'11 crispr
>Led by the 6"11.999" king of the godlets
>The Titan 7' overclass fights them off on a bloody godlet uprising
>Only for the 8' tall skeleton king to put them in their place

I see. And here I was hoping for a peaceful reduction in the crime rate.
Since you seem to know quite a bit about the subject of genetic engineering, I must ask you a question. Can we possibly alter the genetic coding of individual organs to make them more accepting into host bodies, ergo reducing the organ rejection rate many times over? Or is that not possible within the near future?

Sure a science that has probably only been secretly applied to humans with no public research is healthier.

Why the fuck can you feminise yourself (turn your dick inside out), taking all sorts of hormones, but you can't make your muscles bigger with the aid of science?

which one of you guys knows how to use crispr? lets start experimenting

>Wants to marry 11/10 woman unit from middle management bureaucrat breeding pool
And miss out on the inner beauty only a lifetime of collecting refuse can build? Not likely.

>Sup Forums gives the okay
>At first it's just super humans
>Later, people start making catgirls and alraune waifus
>People mix with them and the white race literally degenerates into cats and plants
Nah, this couldn't possibly go wrong.

The fucking fuck is that fuck?

Yes. It has the capacity to be healthier. No shrunken balls at the very least.
As for your other question, it's mostly because the government thinks "steroids are bad, therefore we shouldn't sell them as a supplement" yet are all aboard the sexual mutilation metamorphosis train to suicide and misery.

nice try cuckface its 99.8% accurate.

What about increased appetites? Gotta eat more to maintain that stuff, and if they dont get their food they might just die

LOL

I'm not like a PHD or anything, just started working towards a BA in Eco/Evo this year, still essentially a layman. As to organ rejection it's possible I suppose but I think the solution that will become mainstream in the next decade is collagen scaffolding combined with organ cloning. The principle is that you take cells from the original organ and then 3D print a model of it in collagen, the tissue which forms the underlying structure of organ systems, then grow the cloned cells over the scaffold. The result is a clone organ which is made with the person's original DNA, this will avoid pretty much all cases of rejection. If the person is suffering from a genetic disease they could also presumably receive a genotherapy tailored to overwrite their naturally damaged DNA.

The organ transplanting thing I'd bet will be common in a decade or two, genotherapy really depends on whether or not other superpowers start allowing the research/use of it, if so we'll jump at it, if not I'd suspect that people will spin their wheels endlessly in moral and ethical questions for quite some time.

but the millitary already uses dogs for many uses.
what's the fucking point if humanity can't trade in pathetic vegan horses for a quality animal like the noble canine?

this is fake

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1877876/

NOT CHINA
Drudge was claiming it was china the other day and i find it disturbing that there are articles claiming China did this shit. it been around for a decade. not one ching chong was part of the team that discovered it

HhHHAh AHAH

>serious question, what are your opinions on gene editing? if you could take the weakest, dumbest, and ugliest among the white race and make them into gods, would you

It will never work out like that, in practice.

The weakest, dumbest and ugliest are going to be made moreso. Except with less testosterone and adrenaline.

>Eating more to maintain the mass.
>More meat is somehow a bad thing.
Sure if you were in the wild it would be, but in that case just grapple incoming predators; their meat, while stringy, should suffice.

dumb frog breeder

I'll finally be inside a woman's mouth.