Spoils of War

Who here owns any spoils of war? Post what you got and there story.

Also don't be a silly goose, delete any geolocation data from pics because foreign (((governments))) can be handsy with war relics.

Myself, my grampa liften this katana off a Japanese sub commander he gutted with a bayonet. Had it looked at and it is ~400 years old from a very respectable line of Japanese swordsmiths. If anyone wants and speaks Jap I can post the makers mark on the handle.

My granddad had some old rifles from WW2 from when he was in the navy. 2nd gen Irishman, but the rifles were Japanese bolt action things, heavy. I was just a kid and he died a long time ago and I'm sure one of his many kids sold them. Sad I didn't really get to know him.

gay, i wished to see some cool stuff. Last thread i made on this topic archived. Oh well

>making literally the same thread twice

fuck off OP, be original

Last one had requests to start anew as the posts increased in regularity, fuck off.

post it i know a japanese man

Post the marks nigga, i want to see.

By "it" I assume you mean makers mark. If so, here you go friend. Gimme a sec and ill post the unofficial translation i got too.

bump come on op

Was this a "War Spoils" thread or a "Let me brag about this cool sword I have" thread?

>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]10 / 4 / 6 / 3 [Update] [Auto] 1 new post

op....... i thought you were asking for a translation......

yes ;)

Great Grandfather fought in the Chaco.
He told me how his platoon was severely under-equipped and he had only a couple of grenades and a sword.
When he was defending a fort he blew up a pair of paraguayans and took a coat and a rifle.
After the war he had to turn the rifle in, but they let him keep the coat. He let me try it on, best visit.

saying if you wanna verify, cuz lotta people in last thread just tried to accuse me of trying to pass off a mall made sword as a legit antique

I had a war with your moms pussy and spoiled it

At least he's not a bot. Fuck off

That's very interesting, user. Lovely old sword.

I have a diary from a dead jap. The diary has bullet holes in it. My grandfather also pulled gold teeth from dead japs but someone stole the jar. He had a jap grenade in the house but my grandma didn't want it in the house so she threw it away so now it's probably in some dump somewhere. Have never before seen pictures from iwo jima. A jap bayonete. I forget what else. Wish I had a katana though

>katana

Nice sword OP, do you hang it up next to your fedora and MLP posters?

No, it's been in my gun sage for the last couple years while I wait on getting an appraisal for insurance purposes

And no, im not a weeb. Last anime I watched was Pokemon when I was 8

Let's say i walked up to you right now and asked how much you wanted for the sword (assuming an expert verified it was authentic) how much would you sell it to me for?

I had it appraised and the guy offed me 16k on the spot.

Tells me it's worth 20-25k in auction.

I'm not broke so dont need the money so hard to say what would make me cave, but those number would be something to go off of.

Don't sell it cheap boy!

Seriously? That's 20k? I find it hard to believe. Did it belong to the fucking emperor or something?

Appraiser told me that it was likely held my an empoerer's guard.

The emporer held blads go for 300k+, and top emporer guard blades go for 100k+

So while mine is a nice lil antique, it'd hardly top dog

Can you legally sell something that was literally stolen from a murdered dude?

I am assuming an auction house would do an investigation of their own.

Ill challenge you to a katana duel. Winner gets the katana. Loser dies. If I lose you can have my collection of limited edition roy rogers chicken buckets

Hmmm, throw in a few siqq fidget spinners and you got a deal

So much shit was pilfered on both sides
Jap katanas dont have serials, just makers marks, so it's impossible to tell if it was stollen, bought off the black market, or rightfully acquired

My town is actually having an antique gun and blade fair sunday so I plan to take it in to get the final word, ideally

Will you commit sudoku if they tell you it's worthless?

Sudoku is a lil too gnar, despite your lucky trips, but I might run for president as a buffoon, win, get control of the nuclear codes, then nuke the planet just for the lulz

So that's a concern

Why dont you give it back to its original owner?
If you don't know how to maintain it, it will go to waste.

I'll give you $100 for it.

sometimes a thread doesn't gain traction because it's slid by garbage, this has the potential to be at least interesting, better than eceleb shit and is x white threads that pollute this place

You lost the war jap, deal with it

And what does that have to do with wasting prescious historical artifacts? If you don't maintain it well and leave it in the attic or something it will rust and become junk in 100 years.

I mean, let's say hypotherically I was okay with this prospect (despite my other grampa getting gutted and literally having his corpse put on parade in the phillipenses during jap control)

How could I possibly find the kin of the commander that was killed?

Dunno, contact the Japanese embassy maybe for assistance? I'm sure there are groups

Got a one of a kind portrait photo, lamp and pen set from a WW2 dictator.

I've actually looked this up and apparantly the Jap government is notorious for saying "oh we found the family" grabbing the sword and then just pocketing it

IF they could prove beyond a shodow of a doubt who the sword belonged to, I might consider, but I will not hand it over to a bunch of greedy slant eyes trying to trick me out of my grandather's trophy from a fight that almost resulted in me never being born.

Your grandfather will roll in his grave if you give those yellow bastards the sword

ya most likely, espeically considering my other grampa was made into a bayonette scarecrow.

Fuck em, my cool sword now.

Damn right, go chop some fruit in half and post the pictures. Fuck this jap!

handle isnt secure (need to get the pin refitted) but I can take more pics if you're interested

Sage

Same thread from yesterday, different sword.

Take pics that will piss the jap off. Maybe print a picture of some gook and put the sword through it