When did you realize that religion is a scourge upon humanity...

When did you realize that religion is a scourge upon humanity? How did you come to realize that religion is a mental illness?

le narwhal bacons!! :3

I realised that religion is a mental illness when I was 15
then I grew up and realised that atheism was a mental illness when I was 17
I've been an unironic christian ever since

Since I learned to read. All religions are the fucking same BS.

mental illness or moral compass and guiding hand for western civilization?

im just going to bump this and make some popcorn.

Why would the cross be included in that collection?

>Francis Collins, the American physician and geneticist who lead the Human Genome Project argues that theism is more rational than atheism.
>"How is it that we, and all other members of our species, unique in the animal kingdom, know what's right and what's wrong... I reject the idea that that is an evolutionary consequence, because that moral law sometimes tells us that the right thing to do is very self-destructive. If I'm walking down the riverbank, and a man is drowning, even if I don't know how to swim very well, I feel this urge that the right thing to do is to try to save that person. Evolution would tell me exactly the opposite: preserve your DNA. Who cares about the guy who's drowning? He's one of the weaker ones, let him go. It's your DNA that needs to survive. And yet that's not what's written within me".

stop being a retarded fedora

Long before I realized it was the only rational balm to the insanity of existence and the arbitrary nature of society.
Too long.

I used to have to take bible education class once a week on a Wednesday.... Grade(1-6)
I would hear all this nonsense about Noah's ark and I would question the erratic old bag about some of these claims " How did penguins migrate from the artic across the desert to the ark and how dd they all fit" ect,ect.

Now I know I dodged a bullet due to the fact my mother was a lazy individual who would always preach about how we should go to the local church every week but come Sunday morning.... as expected she could not muster up the energy to ger out of bet to make the service at 0930.... Hard live running a house with a maid that comes 5 days a week...

I basically lucked out on the indoctrination mental disorder due to pure laziness...

I also could not fathom a deity that would punish all to the fiery depths of eternal hell for simply not knowing about their religion... Seemed just way too brutal.

Since I was able to question and interpret bs from a pretty young age about 12 and once the lack of answers became apparent and the only mantra is Muh Faith ect I looked elsewhere for understanding and with discussions with my history teacher and maths teacher about how religions have been used to suppress peasants through the understanding that if they rebel against the hierarchy that is sanctioned by the church they shall burn for all eternity.

I am glad my maths teacher intervened on my behalf when I mentioned my parents were going to send me to a all boy christian religious school I didnt really understand at the time but he did me a massive favor in retrospect. He apparently made up some crap about how I don't mesh well with authoritarian structured and super disciplined environment. I was sent instead to a co-ed school instead.

yeah bro religion is the opiate of the masses bro

>smart
>original

Atheism is bad since it leads to Nihilism, Hedonism and Altruism. Please don't be atheistic.

Are you euphoric because you are enlightened by your intelligence?

I thought that when I was 15 too.

God doesn't exist, so let's stick bananas up our asses!

There is no bad thing about atheism. I just don't believe there is a almighty God that controls everything.

But as soon as you have to brag about it you're a bag of shit.

Also nice spam rate

>What a strong argument against Atheism.
>I'm sure OP converted to Christianity now.

I dislike Atheism, but you are just an idiot with nothing to say.