What do you guys think of modern homes?

What do you guys think of modern homes?

This was shortlisted for the 2015 House of the Year award in the UK (incredibly prestigious)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770573/Now-s-Grand-Design-Couple-built-award-winning-London-house-400-000-property-sale-3-8MILLION.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_property_bubble
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Compared to most modern architecture, that's not bad. It's more of a modern take on traditional design using modern materials.

This was the eventual 2015 winner.

Commissioned by Lord Rothschild no less.

Here's the 2016 winner.

Not too sure about the slide though but the family has young kids so I guess its excusable.

they're not to bad

I love this one.

It was shortlisted in 2015.

looks shit. like living in a surgery or something. does not look like a 'home' at all

Here's the interior if anyone is interested to see what a Rothschild's bedroom looks like.

Which begs the question, how often do they stay in that house.

Really, I think it looks the best of the lot.

what too open for my liking people could see you fucking and other shit when they walk pass

It obviously has curtains and who's going to walk past?

It seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

Is that a shipping container in the middle?

What do you guys think of classic Aussie housing?
Pic related (not mine, but not much different to mine)

When I was in high school I a had a friend who more or less inherited one of the precursors to these arty houses. He threw really cool parties. Awesome hangout.

But there was literally only one bathroom in the whole place where you could close the door and be alone, and even then it had only half a wall next to the laundry machines so people would toss stuff in while you were trying to take a shit.

All the other bathrooms were in full open view from one location or another.

not a great picture, makes it hard to judge. I like the colors and materials, only obvious issue I see is the glass wall. Glass walls are asking for trouble with heat and moisture, not to mention privacy concerns.

Aussie housing has bugproofing problems,very big bugproofing problems.

Some yard work, some new paint and siding, and new fencing would go a long ways

Doesn't look any bad
Nice, but not that comfy
Would live in
Very comfy
Way too much glass and the basic white color makes it very bland
Absolute shit. That shade of blue is the ugliest color in existence and why is the corner next to the door round. Also are the walls sheet metal?

Soul dead post modernist all function no character horseshit.

After that I helped rent a house with some friends and I thought it was going to be normal, but it was all arty, too. There weren't any "rooms" per se. Nothing was divided or closed off exactly.

The best bathroom to take a shower in had this huge floor-to-ceiling window in to the adjacent bedroom. Best you could do was make sure it was fogged up.

But there was one toilet basically in a closet and that's the one I used for my morning shit because at least you could shut the door and have some time to yourself.

That looks something out of the wire.

Here's another from the 2016 shortlist.

The couple are selling it for £3.8 million

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770573/Now-s-Grand-Design-Couple-built-award-winning-London-house-400-000-property-sale-3-8MILLION.html

surprised there isn't a rusty commodore cause thats one bogan tier house

Pic related. For your sake, I pray that file name isn't related.

Some fancy house can't even cover up the pipes in the ceiling?

shortlist for the blind? It's a damn barn.

looks like a home for manlets, would literally hit my head on that

For real how is that shit heap $500,000??

That isn't too bad. I've seen much worse.

But it has curved walls so when you fall into a corner you don't get stuck in any sharp angles, and a nice plant int front so you can look normal from afar.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_property_bubble

Personally I think modern homes look like utter shit. Most of them look like a cross between a dentist waiting room and an office block. Completely soulless.

I'd love an original Art Deco house or a Georgian town house.

Absolute dogshit.