All countries have had their own religion. I know my country religious history and some other countries

>All countries have had their own religion. I know my country religious history and some other countries.
>One thing that amazes me is that the result of imported religion is that it always become corrupt
>What religion did your forefathers practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jWBoEUIsZi4
finlandtoday.fi/the-ylivieska-church-burned-on-saturday-is-the-fifth-destroyed-by-arson-in-the-2000s/
irminsul.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I went to that church and so did my grest great grest great grandpa

Interesting church, thanks for sharing. My ancestors were protestants for several generations, but they were not extremely religious. My father's side more than my mother's.

Like most white North Americans, I have ancestors from different parts of Europe who naturally all worshipped different gods.

Before 966 my ancestors worshiped wooden idols and believed in ghosts and forest monsters.
Must had been pretty comfy.

It's too bad Europe became Christian instead of Zoroastrian
Also to my knowledge virtually all of my ancestors were German Lutherans

My forefathers hailed from Norway, specifically Trondheim and Telemark after the mid 1600's. Sadly right now that's a far back as I can trace it to although I'm still working.

According to my research they were heavily into Forn Siðr even after the Christian conversions.There are a couple baptisms into the late 1800's but before that nothing in family journals.

I'd like to visit Norway and see my ancestor's resting places on day. I'd like to show my children where their family's roots are.

All these new age religions lul

>implying stonehenge isn't a modern invention

it was a collapsed pile of rocks before we rebuilt it

What did the worship in Germany pre christianity?

Cheap ripoffs of Greek paganism.

Slavic gods in the current Eastern Germany.

BURN THIS FAGGOT STAVE SHIT DOWN MOTHER FUCKER

>Forn Siðr
The Old Way
that's also the name of a Danish blòtlaug, check it out.

I used to worship with Harreskovens Blòtgilde, under Grælheim Godi and and the gydje Pia Struck. Good times.

they worshipped the same gods and the Scandinavians, only under slightly different names. Thor is Dunder, Odin is Wotan, Freja is Freya and Tyr is Thiwaz etc.

these guys
are full of shit.

fuck off Varg.

I was unaware faggots cared about rocks beyond tiled club bathroom floors. Learn something new every day.

Remove all the church symbols and convert it back to a temple.

Berlin was founded by the Slavs.

>projection: the post
your mind is riddled with lewd thoughts

>provides picture of a church

>Read OP
>check all replies
Nothing but fucking newfags on this site

That church looks very flammable.
Would be a pity if a local wizard were to cast a fireball spell at it.

greetings (((nu)))Sup Forums

Wotan !

yes, it was. This has nothing to do with the religions of the ancient Germanic peoples, though. The southern Germans of today are descendent of Celts, the east Germans are mainly of Slavic descent, but the northern Germans are Germanic.

So you agree that they worshiped Slavic in Eastern Germany. I mean the question wasn't about Germanic people.

Most of them worshipped Jahwe though. It's why you mentally deficients are over there and the rest of us over here.

I practice the religion of my fore fathers user and the text atleast are free from corruption

Ancient Finnish Paganism.
Pictured, Ukko the Overgod/King of Gods, god of thunder, sky, harvest and weather.

Monotheistic shamanism.
One god, many spirits.

>They worshipped the same gods and the Scandinavians, only under slightly different names.

Thor is PERUN, Odin is STRIBOG, Freja is LADA and Tyr is VELES.

>So you agree that they worshiped Slavic in Eastern Germany
yes, you're right about that. East Germany and they area around Berlin was predominately Slavic at that time, so of course the religions there was too. You're right.
>I mean the question wasn't about Germanic people
true, it was about Germany proper. But we must take into account that the territory of today's Germany, is a vast conglomeration of cultures and ethnicities, being Celtic, Slavic and Germanic and some even Latin/Romance in nature, so I chose to focus on the parts of Germany populated by Germanics.

but yes, regarding Berlin, you're absolutely right.

>Finland founds "Sons of Odin"
>Finns never worshipped Odin
this has always struck me a tad odd.

are these names of Slavic deities, that corresponds to Germanic ditto?

Of course theory of slavic expansion from east is typical kraut wanna-be-slavny propaganda, Suevs, Vandals, Semnoni, Lugii are slavic.

cheap ripoffs with zero fucking common sence, and sence of development besides stealing and shitting on mudhuts,vagr you dont even know what wotan represents on the micro universe wave patterns, this is why the faggot of hitler stole the science and explanation and symbols representin that of old culture with more brains and less idiocracy

It is a bit odd. Should've named it after something in Finnish mythology/folklore

Im a mutt

Because it was founded by Anti-racists, purposely to look stupid. Like German newspapers spams about dumb evil Nazis.

I really want to understand what you're trying to communicate, but.. you seem to be insane, and your cognitive impairments have seriously maimed your ability to form coherent sentences.

sorry.

Not sure what England celebrated. Probably just another form of paganism.

Our head god is Ukko. Thunder is in finnish 'ukkonen'.

>that's also the name of a Danish blòtlaug, check it out.
I'll give it a look!

There is sadly no Godi or "public" groups where I currently am sadly but I make do. I'll be moving next year and there are some groups closer which will help.

Neæt

Sons of Ukko, would make fine sense.
no it wasn't, kind Sveabro.

One of the worse, if not the worst religions that has been exported worldwide is christianity. The jew fairy tale has convinced others worldwide that the semit rat jew are the chosen ones. The biggest con job in the past two millenia.

What most pagan larpers dont realize is that the christianization of scandinavia was pretty peacefull, and that the vikings did it through trade. There was a synthesis of the belief structure and you even find crosses and hammers of thor together. No christianization means no Beowulf, and no actual writing system besides >muh runes

The ancient Britons were Celts, and worshipped roughly the same deities as the continental Celts, being the Gauls, the Galatians, Galicians and the Iberians. Look into Irish folklore, it has retained a great deal of the old ways of the Britons, the Cruithin and even the Picts.

the main difference is between Brythonic and Goidellic practises, but they stem from the same Celtic traditions found on the mainland.

Roughly the same as yours but with a different accent (Wodan rather than Odin, Donar rather than Thor etc)

Mostly true. Although you have to understand that "Germany" was also comprised of partly Baltic (South East) cultures as well as Slavic (East), Celtic and mostly likely Celtic-Latin.
It also depends on the time period. Before the Roman empire many of the Germanic cultures extended more east and a bit more North (Just before Modern day Normandy and Eastward towards modern day Latvia). Central Europe at this time was mostly Celtic. Once the Romans had conquered most of central Europe, Germanic cultures were more northward and still in the North East (of the Roman empire). During the Hun invasion many of these cultures were Either forced South Eastward, Eastward, or further North again (likely taking parts of South West Sweden from the Sami culture).
Post Roman empire Germanic cultures in North Eastern France (Franks) Established a kingdom, Northern Germany (Saxons) and Southern Denmark (Angles) migrated to modern England establishing a mixture of the local Britons, Saxon and Angles. At this time both the Frankish kingdom, Saxon tribe and the angle time had converted to Christianity (the leaders). Obviously Germanic religions were still practiced (and in England).
My point is, throughout the history of Modern day German different cultures embraced different religions depending on the culture present, as pagan religions was dependent on the culture (usually), unless a Empire was established in that region with one religion.

>Donder
You mean "Donar".
>Wotan
You mean "Wodan"; Wotan is a modern interpretation of the word.
>Thiwaz
You mean "Tiu" or "Ziu"; Tiwaz is the reconstructed proto name. While Tiu and Ziu have been attested.
There is also the belief, that "Saxnot" the god of the Saxons is in reality Tiu under a different name.

you should write some of the Danish Blòtlaugs, they'd be happy to help in terms of ritual and education. Just tone your powerlevel down a tad, don't go full 14/88 from the start.

we know this. King Harold Bluetooth christianized the North, because it payed of and put him into supreme power over the earldoms.

it's taught in every Danish school.

I know, see

There have Germanics as long as Sami in Scandinavia. They both came right after the ice age from different directions.

thanks for clarification, Deutschbro.

I miss your bratwurst.

youtube.com/watch?v=jWBoEUIsZi4

Ylivieska church about a year ago

>be ruler of Russia
>make panteon of 6 main pagan gods
>realize people around you still think you're a pagan faggot
>(((((((
>baptize

Do they rebuild the churches if you burn them down?

I'm not really a Bratwurst guy, more of a fish guy, I live a few kilometers soutch of Tondern/Tonder. I am not that different from you.

my grandmothers family was Prussian, we're probably related.

yeah.

Well, of course we are, we're both ethnically Germanic.

They decided they'd build a new one to replace this one, not sure if they do that to all of them.

finlandtoday.fi/the-ylivieska-church-burned-on-saturday-is-the-fifth-destroyed-by-arson-in-the-2000s/

I'll give them a shout and tap into the resources. Appreciate the information. Thank you.

true, true that.

feels good man

glad to help.

Well my friend, heill auk sæll.

heil ok sæll, til árs ok friðar.

Crispy

and a good laugōz dagaz to all, be you Germanic, Celt, Slav, Roman or anything in between.

Old Evropa lives on.

SLAVA!

that sure looks comfy.

Mostly Saxon ancestry here so Norse gods with Saxon and Continental Germanic names:
Thor = Donar
Odin = Irmin (Saxon)
Frigg = Ostara (Saxon)
Tyr = Saxnot (Saxon)

so, you descent from The Irminones. Look into this.

irminsul.org/

Not much is known about the gods my ancestors worshipped. Just their names and vague ideas about their roles in the pantheon.

It isn't right to make no distinction between Iberians and Galicians and Gauls and Celts. They are wholly different people, and we Iberians had our own religion.

And I should say that even one Iberian people worshipped different gods from another.

where are you from? What's your general ethnicity?

Portuguese.

We had, for example, a god who is thought to be the god of throwing darts or javelins. This isn't really found elsewhere in Europe as far as I know.

Shintoism 神道 is the one true way way of god. Every other path is a deception.

I had no idea who Ostara is until I watch this new show with pagan belief.

The Celts were a vastly diverse group, spanning from the Anatiolian highlands (Gallatians) to southern France (Gauls) and the Ibero-Celtic peoples of modern Spain, amongst them the Galicians. And that's just the continental Celts, you know.

but they were Celts nonetheless, just like the Celts of ancient Britain, the Britons, the Picts, the Cumbrians and so forth.

>god of throwing darts or javelins
not bad.

Norge är så vackert! *jelous*

>Shintoism
I know it's the original religion of the Nippon, before Buddhism, but aside from that I know shit all about it.

quick description?

så sandt, kære nordbroder. Og jeres myseost er genial.

My issue is that you threw Iberians in there as though it were not the case that Iberians are not Celts, did not speak a Celtic language, or have an identity which was markedly separate from Celtic peoples. Yes, Galicians were Celts, as were the Arevaci and the Celtici, but others like the Lusitani and the Contestani and Edetani were Iberians (and even here not especially closely related - Lusitani were distinct from, say, the Edetani). "Iberian" didn't historically refer to anyone who lived in the Iberian Peninsula. There were Iberians proper w

That brown cheeze? Yea, it's really good!

true, I fucked up the distinction, as far as I know the Galicians were Celts (Ibero-Celtic/Hispanic-Celtic) but of course not all Iberians are Celts.

Old Slavs had nice outfits.
Thought since Dark Ages the original outfits changes depending on the region (West, East, and South) there are still some similarities between them.

As for the religion pre-Christianity: we believed that entire natural world is inhabited and influenced by spirits or supernatural forces.

Heck, Slavic culture predates Vikings, hence Perun is basically the OG Thor.

> Trondheim
Bloody southerners.

>Slavic culture predates Vikings, hence Perun is basically the OG Thor
Thor, along the rest of the pantheon, was worshipped in the North Germanic regions long before the Vikings.. actually, the "Viking Age" was a brief interlude in the history of Scandinavia, spanning only some 300 years at best. But yes, the Slavic and the Nordic deities have a lot in common, as do our cultures.

where is it? Norway?

The central peoples of Spain were Indo-Europeans. Invaders from the early iron age.

>things I learned from Rome Total War II