What does Sup Forums think of Mormons?

What does Sup Forums think of Mormons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fake and gay

I genuinely would consider being a Mormon if it wasn't for the whole "no mind-altering drugs" thing
>inb4 degen
Never been able to get through the first couple weeks of a broken bone healing without codeine at the most, and they can't even drink fucking caffeine

Crazy 19th century cult that lasted too long and grew too much. But probably the Mormons are some of the only unmixed Anglo-Saxons left in the US

We will be the last stand of white culture in America

Unlikely unless Monson is replaced with a hardliner like Benson or Young. The LDS church is shipping in plenty of third worlders to Utah.

Space Jesus is based Jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

I haven't encountered a lot of mormons, but there was one mormon family in my hometown with kids that were around my age, they had a daughter that was in my older sisters class. She was a total whore and supposedly did more than one abortion before graduating high school. When I was 15 I dated a girl who's bff dated one of their sons, so we would hang out with them a lot during the summer. He seemed like a cool guy at first, he was very much into WW2 and history and we would watch Der Untergang with the girls. But as I got to know him more he was weird as fuck and had tons of issues with his parents. I haven't talked to him since then but I checked his Facebook and he has grown completely bald since then and married a mormon girl from Finland, they have kids.

Apart from that I think of them only as a sect with a ridiculous book.

We're the last stand of Christianity it seems. We will not give into gay marriage and other degeneracy.
We're also jew levels of rich.
Prepared for the apocalypse as well.

They are a weird bunch. On one hand their religion is fucking insane and stupid where it is obviously made up and their rules are just weird like the no soda thing. But on the other, they are some of the happiest/nicest people you will ever meet that usually push for good morals everywhere.

Graham is the perfect example of using religion as an excuse to vent your own violent emotions

As a Mormon, I'll say that some of our beliefs are not conventional for sure, but a lot of what people say are taken out of context and others are just made up.
Mormons are good to redpill, you realise that it's a part of our faith to understand that there is a conspiracy to promote degeneracy and destroy Christianity and our livelihood?
Just attach a (((face))) to the issue. Easy done!

Would you say Monson is too soft as a prophet? I feel your church needs a strong prophet and it hasn't had one in awhile.

Well I am ex catholic, so I think everyone's religion is bullshit than my own but the people in charge of my religion are corrupt and banished me. I was a good Irish Catholic

Very odd ducks, especially the fundamentalists. They have their own versions of religious extremism on the communes, complete with child brides, indoctrination, polygamy, loyalty to a pedophile prophet and a business ethic akin to the Mafia.

Wait a minute, is that girl's name Kayla?

He's a pretty gentle man, but even so, unchanging in terms of gay marriage etc. He's pretty sick these days though, so new prophet likely soon. I feel the next one will be more intense for sure.
Sorry to hear that friend, I went to a Catholic school growing up, I appreciate catholics a lot. Pope John Paul II was best Pope. Francis seems to be eagerly running it all into the ground.

Strangite Mormons are genuinely nice people, from what I've seen and read. Vanilla Mormons are nice, but they're beliefs are too inconsistent with the Bible for me to not dislike them. Their """"""Church"""""""" is fine, but their theology is borderline apostatic.
FLDS Mormons are probably the most redpilled, but they're also batshit crazy.

You've met Strangites? Last time I checked they're almost extinct, especially since the more hardcore sects of those groups won't even take converts anymore. That said the RLDS splinter groups who broke off from Community of Christ are cool people. I attended one for awhile. They seem more willing to dig into the interesting parts of their faith more than the Utah church.

To be fair, LDS Mormons you encounter in Utah are way different from their counterparts pretty much all over the world. 90% of Mormons around the world or at least Australian ones don't much like Utah Mormons. They're considered two faced etc.
It's sad, bullying is actually a big issue in utah schools despite most of the people there being Mormons.
The LGBT lot seem intent on turning salt Lake city into a degenerate monstrosity, which is so sad, the mormon pioneers carved out the city from a barren hellhole.

I'm extremely jealous of their success but think they're too weird/wrong to consider being one. Hats off to them joyfully having large families though.

I haven't been to Utah yet so I can't say. I just find the main LDS church feels more watered down in theology to it's smaller cousins. I imagine this might be because though the LDS church has been trying to be seen as more normal.