Is it time for Midwesterners to grow up about "MUH LAKES!!!" and understand that water pipelines will become as...

Is it time for Midwesterners to grow up about "MUH LAKES!!!" and understand that water pipelines will become as standard in the future as oil pipelines are today? Even NASA scientists are saying it's time to tap those resources for the national good:

>Great Lakes water piped to Southwest 'our future,' says NASA scientist

>Jay Famiglietti, a hydrologist and senior water scientist at JPL, raised the possibility in an April 4 interview with ideastream.org, a nonprofit owner and operator of Cleveland public broadcasting stations. Famiglietti was in Ohio to speak as part of a lecture series at Case Western Reserve University.

>Because of the Great Lakes' abundance of potable, fresh water, "you might imagine that there's a giant bull's-eye that can be seen from space that's sitting above the Great Lakes — meaning it's a target area, in a sense, for the rest of the country," Famiglietti said.

>"Because there's so much fresh water, you can imagine that 50 years from now ... there might actually be a pipeline that brings water from the Great Lakes to Phoenix. I think that that's part of our future."

freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/04/10/great-lakes-water-piped-southwest-our-future-says-nasa-scientist/100301326/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And yes, I understand that there are international issues involved with Canada, but I think the Canadian government will agree to these plans in exchange for a "super-NAFTA" program giving Canadians the benefits of the improved US economy - preferential market-access, etc. I don't see that as a major obstacle provided that the US negotiates in good faith and shares the gains.

Fuck off there's already enough Asian carp in the lakes because of globalist bullshit. I will personally shit in lake huron once a week if this happens. The Southwest is dead to me. Just give it back to Mexico if you're not gonna fight for it.

Nah.

This. The southwest U.S. is so degenerate that they don't deserve the water.

Great lakes are for the Lake States. Fuck off with your pine bull shit this isn't going to end up like the Aral Sea.

Pic related 1989 Vs 2014.

Choke to death on a shit covered cock OP

If they want our water they can move here. Build a pipeline and we'll destroy it.

Sure why not, how much you Californians willing to pay for our water?

$0.10 a gallon sounds fair to me.

They're not even culturally the same as us let alone racially, and California especially weighs us down with it's huge blue vote. I want them gone. Why do empires still exist?
Fuck off spic enabler

>believing anything from NASA

That's where you went wrong

Cold day in hell that will happen. Ask your cousins in Israel about desalination technology.

>giving them water so they can have lawns and grow grapes in the desert.

Ain't happenin, #Not1Drop.

FUCK OFF

GET YOUR OWN WATER

The cucks are just going to desal and continue to live in the desert regardless.

Might as well price it just a bit below what desalination costs, that way we can make money off them. What other choice do they have, we've got them over a barrel.

Let their inefficient and decadent lifestyle increase our wealth, what do I care. It's not like the lakes are going to run out of water.

>Might as well price it just a bit below what desalination costs, that way we can make money off them

Nah, Nestle will end up owning it somehow and shit will get fucked.

Great lakes are our economy so how about you grow up and move away from the fucking desert you nigger

Does that pipe go over or under the Mississippi river?

Also we have far better plants to get water to where North America needs it.

How about you leave the midwest the fuck alone cali niggers.

ohio fag here. over my cold dead body

Fucking retards

Stupid living like a temperate climate style retard in a bloody desert.

>Water pipeline to El Paso
We are doing fine off of the Rio Grande, Hueco-Bolson Aquifer, and actually recycling water.
Force the rest of the country to adopt proper water utilization, collection, and recycling first faggot.

If God wanted you spics to have water, he wouldn't have put your asses in a hot, dry, dusty, fucking desert. Why don't you to go and put some chili peppers in rancid meat and call it "culture".

the amount of militias between michigan and ohio alone ensure a happening if this idea ever builds steam

Fuck canada. They sold their gold, they sold their people, they sold their souls.

No one told you stupid fucks to settle in a desert. Leave the Midwest alone.

This is the UNITED States of America. We're supposed to make sacrifices for each other.

Seems like a pretty fucking retarded idea. Get your own water, spics.

Get the fuck out of here. What did the fucking Southwest ever do for us but fuck up our country with spics and their communist political ideology. Go suck on a fucking tamale.

Look at the number of former Midwesterners who live in the states of the Southwest. There are deep and enduring regional ties. The population boom in cities like Phoenix is driven to a large extent by Midwestern transplants. It's time to bring their water along with them.

Haha something Michigan and Ohio can agree on keep your grubby desert fingers out reee

>some stupid spicc and nigger loving women who move from the midwest to the south west deserve to have there huge source of water, that they moved to
there will never be a pipeline

moved from*

Florida is overcrowded by our older snowbirds. Also, fuck outta here I don't want metals leeching into the water thus causing water issues. Also, I think transportation by vehicles is the better use of resources.

Fuck no, they don't get to turn the Great Lakes into Aral Sea 2: Electric Boogaloo. Build a water pipeline and we'll destroy it.

Fuck yeah. Infrastructure. Also as a Chicagoan I don't want to bogart all the lead.

Not just that but we have a lot of water coming our way that New Mexico owes us because they are fucking kikes who have been damming up all of the water due to us in Elephant Butte before it hits the Texas border

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination

fuck that...places like pheonix should not even exist

get rid of these cities first

commiefornia can fuck off and die for all i care. the lakes are OURS. it's what ensures our survival in the future. the great lakes region will rule the thirsty peasants of the wasteland

it rains every fucking day here in michigan it seems. no shortage of water

You desert fags tried this back in the 80's and our governors said fuck you!
Besides how do hope to get canada to give up their claim to the water? I can take a boat across lake erie to canada. It's only 50 miles. You're not very bright are you?

The price is you take one of our Somalians for every gallon of water.

Then why are the pipes going to Mexico?
commiefornia does not represent my America.

Mexico's water security has always been part of North American water planning. That's just how it is.

Fuck off desert fags. We'd rather let you fucking commies die from dehydration then get one drop of our beautiful lake water.

probably more efficient just to build desalinization plants

Molon labe

>There are deep and enduring regional ties.
i didnt realize midwesterner whites where related to spics, fact of the matter is the south west hasnt dont anything for the midwest and they dont deserve shit out of them

100% this kike pipeline will get bombed and sabotaged out of existence if they even tried. fuck you niggers get your own water. stop living in the desert retards.

>Destroying a beautiful lake to water unsustainable lawns of grass in the desert that will dry up anyway.

Modernity is fucking retarded.