Can we get a thread going about current scientific and technical happenings/achievements and their political...

Can we get a thread going about current scientific and technical happenings/achievements and their political relations/impacts?
> Genetic Engineering
> Machine Learning
> Quantum Computing

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/01/05/world/asia/china-renewable-energy-investment.html
archive.is/V3hd5
youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7kwMRzdo
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/]
businessinsider.com/solar-power-energy-renewables-cheapest-power-says-morgan-stanley-2017-7?op=1
greentechmedia.com/articles/read/offshore-wind-reaches-cost-competitiveness-without-subsidies
climatechangenews.com/2014/12/04/uk-solar-competitive-without-subsidies-by-2020/
about.bnef.com/new-energy-outlook/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-10/shell-plans-to-spend-1-billion-a-year-on-clean-energy-by-2020
cleantechnica.com/2017/01/31/great-energy-disruption/
lazard.com/media/438038/levelized-cost-of-energy-v100.pdf#page=11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lock her up

It's been found that if you subject any form of artificial intelligence to the internet it will become racist.

bump. this thing can apparently go on water and land. its got two cameras on it but im sure you anons get the idea

I'm an employee at Cisco Systems. I won't provide proof for obvious reasons, but keep this in mind despite taking this information with a grain of salt. I can tell you that the quantum leveraged networking that the Chinese have recently announced a success isn't impressive considering my company has been working with the DOD for around 10 years now.

Fiber networks are nothing compared to what we've created together. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to release this technology to the public for another 8 years. Let's just say that quantum leveraged networking will change everything from security to the devices we use. 8 more years until all of our lives change dramatically, in ways we haven't seen since the birth of the internet at DARPA.

consumer grade quantum 2wake when?

>quantum leveraged networking
Ya'll motherfuckers figured out how to do that quantum teleportation shit reliably and with high throughput?

i suspect it's self authenticating public key cryptography using quantum spooky magic.

This would also imply that Cisco and thee DOD have or are developing an extremely advanced AI, care to fill us in.

Holy shit, the boulder from Indiana Jones is riped now.

AI is meme fluff from silicon valley, the real shit is when cryptography becomes impossible to man in the middle because the quantum spooky freaks out if the signal is meddled.
right now all crypto relies on centralized entities called certificate authorities to verify authenticity of keys.
imagine a world without the need for the CA cabal, this is a bright future if so.

fpbp

>have or are developing an extremely advanced AI

Isn't developing a sentient, hyper-advanced AI the modern day equivalent of the space race among all interested parties?

On a side note, will we ever see bio-engineered horrors and chimeras utilized on the battlefield?

>chimeras
>doesn't know about the real reason they repealed "don't ask don't tell"

no homo

I have heard that shit for many decades. I'm a very oldfag. I was promised flying cars, a change to the metric system and moon and Mars base by now.

Nothing will change except for more degeneracy. And nothing is secure as long as humans have a hand in it. And you're a faggot. A gazillion companies do research for DARPA and all the info is compartmentalized regardless of security rating so fuck right off back to your little unicorn fantasy world faggot.

AI is just one piece of the puzzle. Although we don't handle the development of AI itself, I suspect AI is one of the things the DOD is using their quantum mesh Network for. From a security aspect all quantum leveraged traffic is impossible to sniff. The real revolutionary thing about QLN is that there is vitually no latency despite the distance between point a and point b. Distance no longer matters. It's only limited by forces that are still unknown to us.

Keep in mind that quantum networking is different than quantum computing.

I'm a researcher, not in the field of machine learning but I understand it well enough to give a quick overview, some one more knowledgeable can probably expand / correct what I write.

Machine learning is essentially a statistical technique except instead of using statistics to extract some parameters from your data you use it to predict what those parameters might be based on some data. Really machine learning is useful for predicting what an unknown parameter might be. Take for example an algorithm designed to estimate the best price you should sell your house for. If I gave you a list of the price of 10,000 houses recently sold in your market along with a bunch of features of those houses such as square footage, location to a school, number of floors, proximity to grocery store, size of backyard, etc, you could use that data to predict what you should sell your house for. This is literally all machine learning is, doesn't sound that fancy, does it? The reason why it's becoming so big now is because there's so much more data available than there was before. Now you can predict what someone will buy based on their previous purchases along with what websites they browse, or who they will vote for based on their facebook likes (and whether they can have their vote swung).

We Protoculture now?

You've got Bogdabots™ inside of you right now.

that is because all modern AI algorithms (now called machine learning) are just based on statistical correlations. If you look at statistics you find black people cause problems. It's really that simple.

Anyone have any redpills on solar power? Everything I have read is that solar power is getting cheaper, and that we are right around the corner from a solar energy revolution which could eliminate our reliance on importing Saudi oil, which would completely reshape geopolitics. What will the muzzies do when nobody needs their oil?

We're not right around the corner, solar is only cheap because it's heavily subsidized by the government (those subsidies are going to end soon). We are maybe 10 years away from solar power actually being cheap without the government fucking everything up, however there's also the issue of how to store the power which is an issue (right now we use lithium batteries which are expensive, rare and bad for environment)

Yeah, and I know that solar panels are super toxic to produce/dispose of, though there's research being done to find alternatives (though there's always research being done).

The articles that I've read seem to indicate that solar is going to be cost competitive even without subsidies due to economics of scale and competition kicking into effect as the market expands. Also, lithium-sulfur batteries are going to hit the mainstream in 2020 via Sony if I remember correctly, which have a much higher energy density than lithium ion. Also, molten salt/solar concentrating power towers seem to make industrial scale solar a possibility, going off the fact that China is going to invest something like 360 billion into solar by 2020

US Air Force TR-3B Locust. Currently doesn't exist officially, but has been seen all over.

It's the latest generation of craft modeled after the anti-gravity craft we recovered/were given by ayyylmaos. Those use antigravity, but apparently we don't have the means of producing the fuel for it, so their pretty useless on a large scale.

Relevant article from January this year
nytimes.com/2017/01/05/world/asia/china-renewable-energy-investment.html

What if we archive that
archive.is/V3hd5

> He appears
God bless you, Nordbro.

we werre teleporting non biomass items in 1993 in San marcos Cali.

I just took up a position on your CSAP program. From what everyone was telling me, the networking business is dying and everyone, including cisco, is trying to move away from it and get more into cyber security, cloud migration etc.

>current scientific happenings

They're trying to understand how this happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7kwMRzdo

BBP's(Black Budget Projects) is where the "20-50 year" Tech is at & Power Structures also have access to them.

[KB's: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/]

Advanced Aircraft, Space Programs,Super Soldiers, FEM(Free Energy Machines) & even things like Time Travel. BBP's have it all.

the problem is chinks aren't good at making new things. That being said if they do make something that works it's much easier to steal that design than it is to create it new (aka what chinks always do to the US), so US can easily steal their technology.

I do believe they will spend $360B on solar energy, but I don't believe the $360B will be spent in a way that really does something terribly productive. Anyways here's hoping but as far as I've read solar power is still very expensive

Well the thing is, one of the biggest impediments to the widespread adoption of solar isn't a technical problem, but an economic one. More spending on solar drives down costs and increases competition, which is why you have people predicting that solar is going to be the predominant new form of energy generation
businessinsider.com/solar-power-energy-renewables-cheapest-power-says-morgan-stanley-2017-7?op=1

lets hope so it'd be a win win but I'd need to see if their calculations include (((subsidies))) or not

Its the beast.

I bet its ai systems who will manage everything.

Fpbp

In the Matrix
Robot use human as their source of energy
Human use plant as their source of energy in their evolution

do you see the pattern ? we are parasite of plant . robot is parasite of human . they use us as their ladder for come to this world

and as always white people will stole my idea and not gif a single fuck about me because I am asian
that's it
that's human

What good would this do, honest question. Anything biological traveling in it would die instantly. Aiming this thing to be accurate enough for supplies transportation would be a nightmare and its likely to over shoot anywhere its going anyway. So 'splain

Have hope, user, it's already happening in Europe with offshore wind
greentechmedia.com/articles/read/offshore-wind-reaches-cost-competitiveness-without-subsidies
In the UK they are projecting for no subsidies cost competitiveness for solar by 2020
climatechangenews.com/2014/12/04/uk-solar-competitive-without-subsidies-by-2020/
I'll try to find more links, but everyone has been caught completely off guard by how fast solar has become cost competitive

it's a gun, you dumbfuck

It can be both you stupid faggot, thats the entire fucking point.

>In the UK they are projecting for no subsidies cost competitiveness for solar by 2020

How? Somewhere sunny, yeah maybe, but here? There are time when I can go for weeks if not months without seeing it at all. Plus what sun we do get is weak.

Hi mom. They're called niggers.

what does this mean for the less tech literate?

whatever happened to space elevator?

Dunno, I'm not an expert in UK renewable energy, but I'd encourage you to investigate it more. The Bloomberg New Energy Outlook 2017 report is also predicting that we are facing a massive disruption in the energy market, driven by solar and wind
about.bnef.com/new-energy-outlook/
Key findings:
> 72% of the $10.2 trillion spent on new power generation worldwide to 2040 will be invested in new wind and solar PV plants
> Solar is already at least as cheap as coal in Germany, Australia, the U.S., Spain and Italy. The levelized cost of electricity from solar is set to drop another 66% by 2040.
By 2021, it will be cheaper than coal in China, India, Mexico, the U.K. and Brazil as well.
> Onshore wind levelized costs will fall 47% by 2040, thanks to cheaper, more efficient turbines and advanced OPEX regimes. In the same period, offshore wind costs will slide a whopping 71%, helped by experience, competition, and economies of scale.
> China and India lead in energy investment account for 28% and 11% of all investment in power generation to 2040. Just under a third of Asia Pacific’s investment in energy will go to wind, a third to solar, 18% to nuclear and 10% to coal and gas
> Utility-scale batteries increasingly compete with natural gas to provide system flexibility at times of peak demand. In conjunction with small-scale batteries, this will help renewable energy reach 74% penetration in Germany, 38% in the U.S., 55% in China and 49% in India by 2040.
> In Europe and the U.S., EVs will account for 13% and 12% of electricity demand by 2040. Charging EVs flexibly, when renewables are generating and wholesale prices are low, will help the system adapt to intermittent solar and wind.

I'll admit that I've not looked into it too much, but my gut is telling me that it's not so much that solar is becoming competitive here, it;s that they were ratcheting up the burden placed on traditional generation through carbon taxes etc making it less competitive. Apparently to the point that fucking solar power on a rainy, sunless island is cheaper...

We lost him in Sup Forums harbour.

NSA will cease to be able to do dragnet spying because everything should be encrypted by then.

I'm a pretty oldfag as well. Some of the shit promised by all that awesome sci fi is here and some of it isn't. That's life, in case you haven't figured that out yet. You know what I've figured out over the years? The faster we learn, the faster we learn; I fully expect to see a bunch more sci-fi shit before I'm done, be it Star Trek utopian or or Blade Runner style or (more likely) some mixture of both. Confidence remains high.

When you observe something at the quantum level it changes it. So if someone reads it before it gets to where it's supposed to be it garbles the signal.

Dunno what to tell you user, but I'd encourage you to check into it and report back. From the sounds of it though, offshore wind and concentrating solar power are non-memes, and I'm hopeful that in the future we'll be able to stop buying Saudi oil.

If lithium sulfur batteries become a thing, then distributed energy storage like Tesla's powerpacks could realistically be used with residential rooftop PV panels (in some areas). The main thing is that solar power/wind + storage isn't economical for most people, so there is very limited reason to adopt it for everyone who isn't a diehard environmentalist

so Sup Forums will actually be anonymous then?

I agree with this sentiment as well, we really need to see these reports and where their calculations come from. Otherwise it's all meaningless.

0-latency communication means you're violating causality

if you're going to larp at least larp realistically

Solar's cheap enough where there's a lot of sunlight.

In Australia they have utility companies lobbying for mandatory utility-taxes because so many people have been buying up solar it's been driving them out of business.

They also want to increase taxes on solar panel imports and I'm sure they'll push even further to force people to connect to the grid and tax them for that.

Because fuck the free market, these parasites are entitled to money and the government is going to damn well ensure they get it.

If it was on a quantum network, yes. However that requires entirely different infrastructure from the current internet. We would need to build it all again pretty much from scratch.

people are not parasites on plants

If anything, people are one of the things that enabled certain kinds of plants to become widespread and extremely successful. Virtually the opposite of parasitism.

He kept getting banned and people kept shitting up the threads.

Those threads were one of the only things keeping the blackpills away.

No, there will always be a Google/NSA/FBI captcha to track your posts.

Gantz

Yep, industry lobbyists are shitting up the clean energy disruption, though I personally think that they are just stalling for time so that they can pivot from being oil/natural gas energy companies to solar/wind energy companies. Shell is investing $1 billion/year in renewables for this reason IMO
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-10/shell-plans-to-spend-1-billion-a-year-on-clean-energy-by-2020

Yes but people destroy plant when they want new product . people (human) is faster and clever than any plant on this world and they don't really care about the feeling of plants or other animals

Have a whitepill user, the solar reich is closer than you think
cleantechnica.com/2017/01/31/great-energy-disruption/

so much of the environmentalist movement has been top-down and in favoring centralized government that it's amazing to see cheap solar+battery setups enable independence
give it a few more years and all the survivalists will have a battery pack and solar, and being on a grid will be bluepilled
fully autonomous cars will allow even further commutes which could erode the power of cities, I'm not too sure about that though

>fully autonomous cars will allow even further commutes which could erode the power of cities, I'm not too sure about that though

I imagine it's the opposite. It would likely become an all encompasing public transport network.

The aerodynamics on that thing make my asshole clench.
The track can be quite long with gradual acceleration. The system needs lasers downrange and the craft needs to be able to perform a circularization burn or it impacts launch site 90 minutes later.

Yep, I'm crossing my fingers for widespread adoption of decentralized power storage + electric vehicles. Electric vehicles are redpilled because they don't support the oil Jew, and allows for off-grid living in a way that isn't possible now. They have lower maintenance costs because there are fewer moving parts, but the downside is that if something goes wrong you can't fix it yourself.

Thanx Frank.

Fpbp

Top kek

0 and virtally no latency are not the same.
If you cant detect it and believe it to be zero is different from it actually being zero

Frank, when you mention time travel you need to follow up with detail to make sure people understand that it isnt time travel as the movies have shown us, otherwise you begin to sound alex jones tier with your statements.

everything that can be invented already has been invented

Have another whitepill
lazard.com/media/438038/levelized-cost-of-energy-v100.pdf#page=11
In just seven years, the LCOE (levelized cost of energy) for wind has dropped 66%, and the LCOE for solar has dropped 85%, and they are predicted to drop even more

If you're going to post shit like this pls explain what it means for buttcoiners. Is /biz going to be kill?

> Genetic Engineering
makes all of Sup Forums's racism obsolete, frankly. Sup Forums is correct on race realism and the genetic difference of IQ but eventually everyone, black and white, will be able to have high IQ (and whatever other genes they want) so it won't matter.

> Machine Learning
Fully automated luxury communism coming our way. Capitalism is the only way as long as human labor is valuable, but eventually machines will be both better and cheaper than humans at just about everything. It's not a matter of "if" but "when".

> Quantum Computing
has some encryption applications or something? This is not as big a deal politically as the other two.

>eventually everyone, black and white, will be able to have high IQ*

*That can afford to pay, and also see the value in doing something like that. Which gets us back to that old saw racism.

As a /tech/fag, you're full of bullshit.
You don't simply discover one of the most important and critical fields in physics without anyone knowing, then immediately proceed to use it commercially.

They Elite will not tolerate the peasantry existing in a world in which their labor is not necessary.

Furthermore, a technologically induced meta-death isn't too appealing.

So we all slaves now ? Or nah ?

SUNEQ i lost 40k$US sunofabitch

What I'm saying is that the information cannot travel faster than light - if you could drill through the earth, point to point, the lowest latency from one end of the planet to the other is ~43ms

Anything lower than this - let's say 40ms - is impossible.

adding
>fusion/fission advancement

he's larping

could also be adapted for spaceflight but needs to extend further to accelerate slower

>They Elite will not tolerate the peasantry existing in a world in which their labor is not necessary.

Ironically, it's going to be the reverse.

We're not going to need the elite pretty soon.

AI + Robotics + Healthcare:
Local community buys a robot surgeon. You don't need the licensed doctor, costs plummet, perfect surgeries can be done virtually anywhere on the planet with an electric grid.

Combine it with solar and battery technology. No need for centralized power generation.

Mesh networks - no need for centralized communications.

We're a decade away from an explosion of decentralizing technologies that will completely destroy the size and scope of corporations and governments in our lives.

Technology isn't going to create a situation where the elites can barely tolerate our existence. It's going to create a situation where we can barely tolerate THEIR existence.

the super rare saga frontier art pull

That's the hope user, but I wouldn't get too excited, there's a whole lot that can go wrong in the meantime, and the technologies are far from perfect. IMO, batteries are the biggest bottleneck, which is why I'm so hopeful for lithium-sulfur or lithium-glass batteries, because batteries are the key to drones, electric vehicles, and adoption of distributed renewable energy. I could care less about increased smartphone life, because I'm thinking of going back to a flip phone.

Solar is competitive without subsidies in a few areas now. One of the main problems to wider adoption is government. Most electrical grids/providers are government run and aren't really optimized for costs or don't really properly reflect cost to consumers.

For instance, the cost of electricity should be higher during high demand when generation capacity is constrained. However, most consumers don't see this as they pay a flat rate.

In Texas, the have deregulated the electricity market in which private companies are responsible for generating/selling the power. The state is divided into thousands of electrical markets and the price of electricity is segmented into 15 minute blocks. Power generators (coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind) all quote what they will charge for each block of power in each market. Demand is forecast by ERCOT, which runs the state electrical grid. The lowest price gets to generate the power first, followed by the next, then the next.

What ends up happening is that the erratic power generation of wind/solar is already factored into the price of power along with the impact to other generators. Solarpower works the best when it is in the middle of the day, right when demand is high. As such, the cost of power is higher and solar power can be sold at the higher price and have better return on investment. Power is cheap at night, so solar no producing power doesn't matter.

soon

Father in law was up visiting. He legit designed labs and built labs for the military. After 6 cans of Coors he starts telling me about shit we developed in the 8Os. Laser missile defense mounted on planes. Literally 100% effective. Legit invisible or cloaked aircraft using projectors and a special skin like thing on the outside of planes. Told me the lab he worked at detected the failed panels on the space shuttle that exploded and didn't tell NASA. Antigravity was being developed using a specal kind of hydrogen or some kind of gas or maybe he said Mercury I don't remember was hammered.

I miss SpaceElevator.....

>Antigravity
I wish, but that's bullshit.
We don't even know what the fuck gravity is yet.

Unless he can source his claims, I call bullshit

I second this. Most of the news about robots and AI's is just a pump and dump scam by Silicon Valley investors who have put big money into AI. AI's are also anthropomorphized when there's nothing human or thinking about them. They are just numeric models that kinda-sorta with enough data can do simple tasks.

They won't be taking your job any time soon unless your job is something very basic like moderating photo posts to see if it has a penis in it or something.

isnt that pic from star citizen

>robot surgeon

Holy shit he went full retard.

NASA was genuinely investigating "gravitational shielding" using superconductors. Google around for "Eugene Podkletnov" and "Ning Li". I've seen a working impulse generator, though I can't find the video atm. Additionally, the Biefield Brown effect has been observed in a vacuum - you will notice that tests performed by public-facing laboratories use "lifters" (dielectric == air - so it won't work in the vacuum) or incorrectly designed asymmetric capacitors. The capacitor needs to be cone or triangle-shaped, fully encased, and use a fairly dense dielectric.