Why isn't everyone Buddhist? It just. makes. sense

Why isn't everyone Buddhist? It just. makes. sense.

>Follow 5 rules as a laity
>VERY specific instructions on how to get to Heaven
>Logical and systemic in some regards (The paramitas, for example.)
>Eight, count 'em, eight steps to enlightenment

So why aren't we all buddhist? Buddhism just! Makes. Sense!

And is extremely simple!

How much does Sup Forums know about buddhism, and if you aren't one, I understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7kwMRzdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>trusting the meditation jews

In reality, not all Buddhist teachings are simple, but the path and the methods for attaining enlightenment found in Buddhism are extremely easy to understand, and thoroughly explained.

In order to become a monk, one must first follow ten precepts, one being to not accept gold and silver. Doesn't fall into the stereotype.

Buddhists are pretty cool, especially the Myanmar ones who are purging Muslims. But I am white, and if I am going to follow any religion then it's going to be a white one, not an Asian one.

What is the religion you follow, user?

isn't buddhism basically Schopenhaur?
why not just read Schopenhaur instead of trying to decipher koans and sutras?

Is the only thing your values pertaining to religion are dependent upon race? Why?

I'm a Buddhist, I've been practicing it for about 10 months and it has completely changed my life.

It's good bro.

Buddhism doesn't have a race, Nirvana doesn't have a race.

We are all one.

values depend upon* Sorry to've made the previous sentence so messy

but seriously, no niggers in nirvana

I'm always referring to Theravada haha, it's a branch of Buddhis. There're no koans in Theravada. Suttas in the Tipitaka're not encrypted nor cryptic, but rather straightforward

The Mindfulness of Breathing sutta should be essential! It's more than good

Intellectually yes...but Schopenhauer was attached as fuck to himself and his own brilliance. The Aryan spirit cannot be denied!

Buddhism has no "you go to hell if you're not a Buddhist" clause and no missionary tradition.

I'm agnostic at best.
Because I think religion has a very ancestral concept to it. I would want to follow a religion that had connections to my ancestors than a religion that didn't.

Because if you follow Buddhism you aren't living a free life. Instead of living your life how some scripture dictates, you should live your life however the fuck you want to. Buddhism is a prison of the mind.

Cause Buddhist doctrine is BS and the Lamists are assholes.

>Why isn't everyone Buddhist?

Because most people have seen this:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7kwMRzdo

Don't Buddhist just spend their whole life staring at the back of their eyelids?

>easy to hear, hard to practice
Buddhist in the nutshell

I like fun. And sex.