Climate Change SOLVED!

By painting the streets white LA has lowered the temperature 10 degrees. Shit I mean we were looking at a rise of 1 degree by 2100. Get ready for global cooling.

twitter.com/BSSLosAngeles/status/888960687988326400

wonder how hard it'll be to repair in 3 years

but if you reflext raditiation back into the sun it will cause a fusion reasction and a red giant too ioverherat hearth

i wonder how bright that shit gets when youre driving on it

We desperately need this in Phoenix
88-94 degrees at night is fucking absurd

t. ken m

Wonder how long it'll take to get a burn out tire mark

>at night
I don't think this will help you

We could solve global warming by any number of small efficiencies/improvements.

I wish I'd had the idea to sell the government white paint at 1000 dollar a can because the formula is "proprietary" and no one at the highway department is going to look at the paint code and realize it's just Alpine White.

Shit gets slippery when it's wet too I bet.

they are talking about the temperature of the pavement dummies

It's the same white paint used for crosswalks. Possibly minus the reflective sand.

I have a better solution for ((("""global warming"""))). Pic related. It's called a sea wall.

pavement radiates captured heat at night. It'd help some. Phoenix is just fucked though.

>Phoenix
Why does the population continue to expand?

did they ever do any crash tests with this stuff?
a major property of asphalt is that it sticks to rubber nicely

No, fag, black pavement gets hot enough to fry an egg on.

The asphalt retains heat from the 114-128 degree sun all day, which in turn raises the ambient temperature at night. It'd probably make the most difference at night.

if only the temperature of the pavement changed why would anyone care?

>I don't think this will help you
You don't understand Phoenix's problem. All day, the concrete and paved roads absorb heat, then at night they radiate it out.

The city is hotter than the surrounding desert day and night because of this.

National standardization is good for some things, but there needs to be regional adjustments.

For example: Painting your house black in Iceland, GOOD. Painting your house black in Arizona, BAD.

you silly dumb bitch
Have you ever sat down and noticed how the ground feels warm?
Why does snow stay on roads during the day?
Think about it chink

that's actually a good point I did not think it would hold the heat for very long

oh no, it's only 79 today when it could've been 78.

I wonder how much grip is lost by doing this, come rain they might be fucked

Won't this just reflect the thermal energy back into the atmosphere(or whatever it's called) and then repeat over and over , overall trapping heat within the atmosphere and increase global warming?

T. I have noidea what I'm talking about

DAS RAYCISS!

WHITE MANS TRYNA CHANGE ROADULAR VEHICULOPOLOGY TO KEEP THE BLACK MAN DOWN!

WE WUZ ASPHALT N SHIEEEET!

In taxes we make like nearly all of our roads out of concrete which is mostly white. I went to cali to visit my dad and was kinda suprised to see so much asphalt.

so all we have to do is build giant space mirrors to solve global warming.

Why do people think global warming is about sea lvls when it is more about climate belts moving in Un pritdsteable ways? Major farmland areas could become Unarbible, forests become daserets, dearest become forests, which long term doesn't really matter, but is going to fuck up the social order really hard because we won't be able to adopt fast enough. This is the kind of thing that has caused governments to collapse, and several 1000 years ago the type of thing that caused whole societies to vani

because of

Better for tires too

>'CoolPavement™' what is albedo? This is just fucking white paint
>Why cover something that will get dirty in a few weeks or months causing unnecessary maintenance

It works with buildings because they do not that dirty. This will cause more emissions due to maintenance and manufacture of paint. If it is done for cooling purposes then buy a fucking AC or subsidize them with the money that would be thrown on fucking white paint.

This picture disgusts me.

Cool Pavement Coating™

also known as very expensive white paint.

For us it is good. We will grow bananas instead of potatoes proving once more that Belarus is a bitch.

WHITE POWER
MAKE HOUSES ALL WHITE ROOFS CARS STREETS
BLEACH BLACK PEOPLE

Have you seen a price on this stuff anywhere? The city has probably negotiated to pay full MSRP and then some.

do you know what the word "only" means?

why?

This "country" is a low rent shopping mall.

>driving some prius with thin wheels for extra MPG in the cuckland of california
>ride on top of solar highway
>bird explodes in the air from the heat of the reflections, its blood and feces litter the ground in front of you
>your prius loses traction on the glassy solar panel road
>flip over 5 times
>end of off the road in the middle of a turtle sanctuary with your guts hanging out
>car engulfed in lithium flames
>crawl out, half charred
>turtles emerge from their lairs
>they smell flesh
>the begin to slowly consume you for sustenance
>you notice a pedestrian
>you scream for help
>they "shh!" You and point at a "no noise pollution, fine $10,000" sign
>dieing knowing you "made a difference"

Eh, it's not that bad

When it hits 120 in the middle of the day, that's bad.
>tfw I'm working a part time job while in college to get experience
>mfw they ask me to go out and collect shopping carts on a blacktop parking lot in the middle of the fucking day

Climate tax on niggers for having low albedo.

Inb4 beaners strip the paint to sell.

let's compare and contrast.

>low albedo
I dare you to tell a nigger he has low albedo.

I'll give a (You) for reasonable effort.

I wouldn't talk to a nigger, he would get confused and punch me in the face.

You don't know the first thing about how light works

because liberals used rising sea levels as a tool of pollution fear mongering instead of just pointing to how shitty china and india are
people only associate climate change with al gore's shit movie

I mean why is it black in the first place? why not a greyish colour like most concrete roads.

>only 10 (ten) degrees
Well my SunSetter retractable awning makes my deck or patio 20 degrees cooler

>pot holes everywhere

good priorities

>like most concrete roads
asphalt is black, not grey
the concrete for sidewalks is different from asphalt

>albedo

It has the largest urban sprawl in America by more than double the next metropolitan statistical area, if I remember my senior project correctly

>he would get confused and punch me in the face
You would be to blame for requiring him to culturally enrich you. I hope you don't get sued or arrested should that happen.

Doesn't change the greenhouse effect.
Only serves as a show for the taxpayers and for a paint manufacturer to get a huge government contract.

yeah I'm saying why not make the asphalt a dark grey colour as opposed to jet black, like why was jet black chosen in the first place, i'm guessing cost efficiency though.

These are the pitfalls of sniffing your own farts. Cognitive impairment.

dis racis azz concret. why caint it be black? iz it cuz yall wytepipo hate uz fo r melinin? dis jus anotha way da wytepipo tryna hol uz down.

Pretty sure those kind of temperature drops only apply very locally to the roadside. Though if you could cover the earth in white paint, it would certainly cool it down. Might even impact global temperatures if you stretched a giant white tarp over all of the earth's deserts.

Oh fuck yes. Drift mode: engaged

The Earth will die from overpopulation.

White countries (and Japan) are the only one's with either a stable or decreasing population.

What the liberals should be screaming for is strict immigration control for stabilized countries and population control in the turd world countries.

...But instead every policy liberals scream for will cause all the problems they scream against.

What are you trying to compare here, a historic site to a fucking city?

Is that the average european male on the right?

they don't "make" asphalt black. It's black because it comes from crude oil you dumb nigger.

Yeah people don't realize that the city of Phoenix would actually be about 10-15 degrees cooler if not for the asphalt.

The glare will be completely blinding when the sun is at a certain angle.

We should invest in a national water grid to insure against droughts. When there are floods in one part of the country you could pump water for crops where it's needed and let the states have some kind of credit system trading for off for give and take. Obviously states would make a shit ton of money off California.

>because we won't be able to adopt fast enough

at the rate things are going you have a good 20 years headstart, start adapting or stop whining

The real question is why they're doing it as a coating instead of just tossing some alumina, silica, or titanium dioxide in the asphalt mixture. Much more durable and as cheap as the raw materials.

Phoenix and the entirety of the valley. Queen Creek, Mesa, San Tan Valley, Scottsdale, AJunc, and even Tucson would benefit from getting their asphalt painted over.

this a smart lad tbqh

> i know , lets waste millions of buckets of paint on the thing that gets the most dirt evry fucking day so a negligible amount of heat is not absorbed by the least walkable part of the city, millions and millions

If it were black it wouldn't work, lol.

White people living in the desert is fucking retarded anyway. You spend thousands of years developing in cold environments away from the sun in order to be suited to that environment.

Yeah, that's why nobody drives east in the morning, and west in the evening, because it's absolutely impossible.

Psh >trying hard to be a contrarian

Cities building up new areas can save on infrastructure costs by using it as well.

wow u r so smart

>chosen
You know asphalt is made with tar right? That's its natural colour.

>get blinded by pristine whiteness
>wreck
>die

(((Europeans)))

Gets dirty, gotta repaint because cheaper than resurface

Exactly. I live outside of Phoenix by 20 mins and it's significantly cooler at my house at night, but if I drive into town I notice the heat difference (during summer)

Why? It's obviously near a travel nexus/freeway interchange. God forbid people fuel up on a cross country trip and grab some food for the road on the fly.

It will be fun when they find out what happens when the coolpavement paint starts to flake and is washed away into the ecosystem by rain

>ng in the desert is fucking retarded anyway. You spend thousands of years developing in cold environments away from the sun in order to be suited to that environment.

...not half as retarded as groids living north of the equator, or the Mason Dixon line for that matter. But a thousand dying cities show the situation otherwise.

>Global warming happens
>Makes everything between the Tropics a wasteland
>White people, who live at Northern/Southern latitudes directly benefit by being able to end the darkies' monopoly on sugarcane, cinnamon, bananas, coconuts, pineapples, etc
>The Dark Ones drown in rising tides due to being incapable of swimming
What's the problem with global warming again? Just shut down the borders and guard them so the Dark Ones cannot invade.

ah, yes. reflect the sunlight back into the air, so that the """greenhouse gases""" can be better heated. brilliant.

PennDot still doesn't have the balls to close this PITA gap in I-70 in breezewood.

We developed AC and automobiles to help us better adapt. Plus, it's one of the last places to run to because the 'groids invaded our other cities. We had to build this place up, so we started with very few nignogs hampering our progress.

>i wonder how bright that shit gets when youre driving on it
I spent some time on a white-rubber roof last week....In addition to the pure white roof, there was standing water on most of it because the rain leaders were plugged for downstream work....

White surfaces are brutal on the eyes. This is a "good idea" in theory, but imagine driving on this road on a wet foggy night. Daylight hours driving would be brutal. I don't know what the term for my eyes is, but I have excellent vision and bright lights hurt like hell all the time. Snow during daylight hurts. White rubber roof was brutal. I had to bring an orange weld blanket in the area just stop the reflection.

Going eastbound on the 202 in the morning is already that way, we get by
They could also just restrict this shit to residential areas where you already are only going 25mph

So long as we control the borders, the nigger population could use a big die off. I hope it becomes cooler in our hemisphere though honestly.

now i'm adapted to both

nice try snowbird

lol nigga just put on some shades like baka it's not hard

global warming is caused by too many niggers

Coal, actually, but we already knew coalburners are scum