31k+ scientists agree global warming is real and a problem

>31k+ scientists agree global warming is real and a problem

How can people still be in denial?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israelis#Academic_figures
climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

99% of jews agree that cutting off your foreskin is no problem. Why don't you cut your dick?

(((Scientists)))

They are not scientist talking about a scientific issue

that's not a lot of scientists

Because people think science is suspect and don't believe in science. They rather trust fox news and politicians when it comes to climate science. Feelings are considered more important than the facts when it comes to climate science.

wait i got trolled

Out of all of the scientists in the world, yes.

Out of all the people in the world who study the climate of the world for a living... yeah, no. 31k is simply waaaaay too many climate scientists to deny.

>B.S.
>Scientist

Okay. Also, fyi:
>This shows the opposite of what op says.

I do.

People on Sup Forums don't even know what word "science" mean.

Lol ok fag. Facts show climate change is bullshit.

No, it's because you've been lying and been caught lying about numerous other things you've tried to push down our throats and your reputation on this issue is worth shit so we automatically don't trust you or the fake data collected from NOAA/NASA to push your insane commie agenda.

31k scientists should stop using electricity, gasoline and foreign made products to make a point. are they doing that? no. then to hell with their virtue signalling

>Science is based off of concensus
>"Scientists"
>No specific definition of what makes a scientists
For all we know a biomedical scientist could've signed this petition. Fuck off. Petitions mean shit.

"scientists" is really vague. how can anybody take this seriously.

Sage

>People with a vested interest in global warming's existence assure me that global warming exists.

Okay chief.

No it does not. Even critics against climate change have to admit that climate change is happening. The Chinese have already started boat traffic over the north pole. Next year or the year after that the north pole will likely be completely ice free for the first time in almost a million years. It's already almost ice free, people have traveled to the north pole in a sail boat.

The lying nonsense is untrue and exagfgerations, just because some climate scientist discussed leaving of a decimal point to make it look more serious it would still be true, although with a larger degree of error.

>31k is simply waaaaay too many climate scientists to deny.

It says 31k scientists, not "climate" scientists. Just being a scientist doesn't mean you're an expert in all fields by proxy.

Also, scientists aren't infallible.

You could get every scientist to sign something agreeing the Sun revolved around the Earth, that doesn't make it so.

Shows what you know.
It was free of ice for a few months a few years ago.

Meanwhile, the antiarctic ice shelf is the largest it's been in over a century!
About to break off a massive chunk.... but still.

>science
>consensus
choose one

>31k Scientists
>Only 9k PhDs

audible kek.

>t. Polymer Chemist PhD

People aren't "in denial" that "global warming" is happening. People simply disagree with the left that it is solely and specifically a man-made "problem."

The earth has been going through periods of heating and cooling for millions of years. Those in favor of this man-made agenda use data from about ten years prior to the industrial revolution (use of coal) then move forward. If they had an ounce of credibility they would look at temperature trends from at least a few thousand years back to the present. This is the same as a day-trader looking at daily charts of a stock and trying to give a long-term investor advice based on those daily charts instead of the long-term trends.

The problem with this is not one single liberal scientist can tell us what portion of the current rise in temperatures is even specifically man's fault. Are we responsible for 90% of current global warming? Are we responsible for 2%? If we're responsible for 5% of it and the other 95% of it is due to natural cycles of the entire planet and entirely out of our hands to control (or stop), then why the fuck would anyone waste time worrying about it? The earth is going to heat up whether you recycle your newspaper or soda can just like it did during earlier periods.

Couple that with the fact that everyone mostly has 1,000 other things to think about in their daily life than the planet heating up 2 degrees and killing a few baby seals (except for unemployed liberal college kids-turned-alarmists) and you've got your answer.

31k scientists should call for an immediate halt of all immigration from undeveloped countries where the carbon footprints will manifold increase. Can't have it both ways, faggots.

>appeal to authority is not a logical fallacy anymore if I do it enough.
>Scientists are of a higher morality than Jesus Christ, and would never become priestly moneychangers in the Temple of Science

Also, peer review is just the 'scientifically correct' term for proofreading, only there's a built-in confirmation bias because they're in the same field and likely receive the same funding. Otherwise. if a grand wizard of the KKK expresses a position against jews, and another grand wizard looks over those views and agrees, that is peer review and therefore accurate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israelis#Academic_figures
All of these scientists think cutting of your foreskin is okay. Why don't you do it?

>31k+ scientists agree that they don't want their funding to get cut
k

>1/3rd of them are in engineering
yeah, i bet they know a lot about climate
also
>only 3000 have a PhD

some of what you said is true. some is false. scientific consensus is a stupid concept for sure though. evidence is all that matters. and evidence isn't sufficient to accept man-made climate change.

>t. polymer chemist

If global warming is true you must kill yourself for the good of the planet.

It is scientific consensus that your death will reduce carbon emissions.

wait... what? The writing on the petition, is that a joke? It's saying that carbon emissions are good for the environment and we shouldn't limit them.
Are people just signing things without reading them?

I'm going to assume no one actually read the petition in OP's picture.

That petition says that global warming either is not real, or if it is, is not a problem. This is the opposite of what your post claims. what gives?

>9029 with phds

>It was free of ice for a few months a few years ago.

The ice shelf I guess, but there is old ice on the few land masses nearby.

>Meanwhile, the antiarctic ice shelf is the largest it's been in over a century!

Yeah, it's spreading because it's melting and moving. And when old ice moves to the coast it makes the water around it colder for a while, but the old ice is still melting fast even though there is a wider area of new ice due to all the ice that falls into the water.

This is false an in fact the last research ship to the arctic got stuck in the ice.

They blamed the ice on global warming.

The only shipping to the arctic is to a limited number of ports or with icebreakers leading the way.

Their is no regular commercial traffic. As for your sail boat, you have confused circumnavigation with traveling too.

A sail boat sailed around the north pole which isn't that hard to do given the winds and that even decades ago you could get small ships to circle in the Arctic ocean.

"please dont cut my gibs" scientists. We should focus on nuclear research and building lofstrom loops to get space infrastructure up and running. Climate change won't go cataclysmic and kill all humans in 100 years.

>have bachelor
>call myself scientist
Seriously, opinion discarded for more than 70%. Beside that doctors from any field may apply, especially "global warming" unrelated topics.

Your critical thinking skills are poor. Have you ever asked yourself why this belief in "scientific consensus" is so important that some politicians have suggested that people who don't believe in man made global warming should be jailed.

These so called scientists are committing fraud. There's no question that the sun is responsible for earth's climate. Any "scientist" claiming different is lying.

>live beside a sun
>expect not to get hot

the increase in Antarctic sea ice area is actually much more related to the increase in wind speed of the austral westery jet.

The wind speed is dependent on the temperature gradient between the Antarctic continent and the rest of the planet. Because Antarctica is barely warming at all (because of a lack of an ice-albedo feedback and the elevation of the ice sheet itself), the temperature gradient is increasing and the westerly jet is speeding up (an increase of 30% has been observed for the last decades). It's also contracting poleward

Wind moving in the polar cell get deflected to the left as a result of coriolis forces, so an increase in the westerly jet will also increase winds moving away from the Pole.
The increase winds are pushing the sea ice away from the coast, spreading it and thereby causing an increase in sea ice extent.

I do not deny climate change, but I do not doubt that many scientists agree just because of the fear of repercursion.

it's also worth pointing out that Antarctic sea ice extent has been dropping off pretty significantly in the recent past - climatologists still aren't sure about the cause but most think that it's much more a signal of internal variability than (anthropogenic) global warming

>its duh sun
Imagine being this retarded

NOAA have been fabricating data to make the warming of the 1940s disappear, they have repeatedly 'cooled' the past to give the impression that the present is warming. None of them are to be trusted.

climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/

even they sometimes admit that C02 is good, theres an image somewhere that has plants that lived on certain concentrations on C02 and up until 500 ppm they loved it

did scaruffi designed the site?

(Replying to this thread doesn't necessarily mean I reject what they're saying.)

The vast majority of scientists in all scientific fields don't have the time or even the inclination to verify and challenge the status quo. Hence those numbers mean number.

There may also be some circularity involved, given that it's pretty hard to be designated a scientist when you reject the status quo.

(Replying to this thread doesn't necessarily mean I reject what they're saying.)

The vast majority of scientists in all scientific fields don't have the time or even the inclination to verify and challenge the status quo. Hence those numbers mean nothing.

There may also be some circularity involved, given that it's pretty hard to be designated a scientist when you reject the status quo. For all I know, this could amount to saying "31,487 believers in global warming believe in global warming."

checkmate at first turn
poor circumsized user

The majority of scientists tell me that men can become women by cutting up their dick and turning it inside out.

this is correct
>t. plantfag

Chemical engineer would be better qualified to research it than any climate "scientist"

In part due to the inbred, uncivilized holler dwellers in the deep south, who think the federal government still wants to take their rights away. but,but,...muh rights

How do you it isn't possible? Did you ever try?

>31k+ scientists agree global warming is real and a problem
1.6B muslims think everyone else should be dead.
i guess the consensus means everyone should just off themselves

>How can people still be in denial?

because they talk about this next to fossil fuels which is a bullshit term invented by a Rockefeller to raise oil prices for profits

>scientists agree
aaaand into the thrash it goes

>How do you it isn't possible?

didn't say it isn't possible, just that it isn't worth the effort, if you aren't happy as whatever you are, nothing you change yourself into with surgery will make you any happier

>OP in the 15th century
>Most scientists agree the earth is flat
>How can people still be in denial?

sage