What does Sup Forums think about stacking silver and gold?

What does Sup Forums think about stacking silver and gold?
>Protection from economic collapse
>Protection against inflation of fiat currency
>Coin collecting
>Feel like a pirate and/or royalty
>Just plain fun
>If you don't hold it, you don't own it
What's your reason for stacking? Do other countries stack? What do you stack? Do you think bitcoin is a better long term investment?

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/news/@cryptocentral/breaking-rothschild-just-invested-in-bitcoin
amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

penis

Anyone?

>>Feel like a pirate and/or royalty
Is a "pirate king" even possible?

the only thing i would currently stack is silver.
it is a great hedge against the dollar but desu there are better hedges since the paper asset manipulation

Only if you find One Piece.

The USD -> Gold price is way too high right now, I'd focus on silver and property.
Don't invest in the stock market
Don't rent without a guaranteed rate for at least 5 years
Don't buy a house

Economic collapse will be in next decade, the big one about a decade later at worst.

Honestly I am just finding Pre-64 Nickles (High Silver Content) so I can melt them into a personalized silver bar with a picture if my face on it.

Fear mongers have been saying this for for decades now. Same track record as Christfags so far.

stacking silver is retarded, don't buy into that meme, if you must buy, buy gold

i would rather stack random shitcoins like ESPER

Christfags are retarded if they think "the end is nigh!"

This is basic economics.
The next bubble to burst will be (most likely) housing and/or student loans, unless something deviates from current trends and the bubble stops inflating fast.

The fear mongers got their moment of limelight in 2008.

You cannot think of silver stacking as an investment. It's just too volatile of a commodity. I know the silver I buy will never be worth nothing, but it is quite likely to be devalued. Silver, and Gold to a lesser extent, is a hedge. It's like buying a $6,000 standby generator for your home. I have one. I've used it once. One time in 5 years. Is that a good investment? Not on paper, but I sleep better.

Good luck selling your gold and silver during an economic collapse, I guess.
The best defense is fiat in an foreign bank account. If shtf you gtfo your shithole.

>Feel like a pirate

We know what kind of pirate you are, OP

Nah m8. You're doing it wrong. The pre-1964 dimes and quarters are 90% silver. You need war nickels to have silver nickels. 1964 nickels don't mean shit. Sorry, friend.

>fiat in bank account
>government has quantum computers and will seize your assets if need be
now what?

>It's just too volatile of a commodity
Yeah, if you base it on fiat currencies.
Which you shouldn't do, because the USD hasn't been metals-backed since '71
The value is relatively static, the problem is the relative trade value is fluctuating as the USD (and other currencies) inflates

"quantum" is like a trigger word for an extended Godwin's law.
If you see it you can safely disregard the post (unless it's in a physics community).

You misunderstand. You wouldn't be selling your silver. You would be using it to acquire things you need, like money, because silver is money. Currency is an agreed upon hallucination. All currencies are temporary.

In 2011, we saw silver hit $48/oz.

Stacking metals isn't about making a profit of the stock market takes a slight dip.
Its about maintaining a semblance of wealth when we go full Weimar and all of those "dollars" in your bank account would be worth more as wallpapering.

Metal will NEVER be worthless. The dollar? I'm not so sure.

It fluctuates in terms of number of hamburgers you can buy just as wildly.
Don't delude yourself into thinking your metal had any inherent value, the price is 100% speculative for gold (silver has some validity to it's price because it's actually used).

I agree, but delving into that topic is probably a little too complicated for this environment. We'd have to get into currency swaps and all kinds of shenanigans.

During the recession in 2011/2012, local coin shops could not keep silver on the shelves. It was selling faster than it could be mined.
Source: My local coin shop and other stacker's experience

Unless you have a lot of money to spend on that kind of thing, you're better off with a savings account or putting cash in a safe deposit box. Bullion just isn't liquid enough to use in an emergency.

For beginning in silver, split it among American Silver Eagles and 90% junk. Sometimes the price split between American and Canadian makes it more sensible to go for Maple Leaves.

How much are you looking to invest?

Have you taken the beanpill?

20 years ago I started a small lumber business. Every week I would spend 1/4 my earnings on buying silver. 10 years ago I sold all but half my silver and retired at the age of 28.

Buy low and sell high. You're retarded if you rely only on paper money. Precious metals will always have value.

Only because you can produce hamburgers with relative ease.
New silver needs to be mined, at considerable cost and time and labor.
That's why it has value (if you exclude the whole "nothing has inherent value" meme)
Value is relative, but for the most part, when things go tits up, metals will be the currency until things stabilize. And even then, probably still relevant.

38*

Do you still have your lumber business?

When you purchase a safe deposit box you sign a piece of paper stating that you acknowledge and are aware that storing cash in said deposit box is illegal. All your cash has magnetic strips which makes locating it inside your box without opening your box very easy. Should you ever need that cash in a national shtf emergency situation, it will be gone.

if you're a faggot who wants to flip gold maybe
but if you're just investing in gold there's never a bad time
gold will always be a good investment and it will always increase in value over the years
but ofc platinum and palladium > gold

Because the coin shop has no economic incentive whatsoever to pitch their product towards you.

I stack regularly. I have generic silver, various world mints (silver eagles, silver maples, philharmonics, libertads, australian kangaroos), poured silver, etc. I'm just curious about Sup Forums's thoughts. I don't have much junk silver though. Only wild silver I've found in my change jar.
>When silver doesn't work, I stack lead as well.

buy litecoin

Only if you get bullion, which is expensive as fuck for the introductory investor.
Literally any other form of gold/silver is a meme.
Only exception is silver bars IMO, because relatively low value compared to gold

>New silver needs to be mined, at considerable cost and time and labor.
That does not make it valuable.
If I puke on a blank piece of paper to make an unique piece of art (that can't even be reproduced by mining) you still wouldn't drop a million Eurobux on it. Only an art nut would.

>poured silver
Don't bother. Stick to well-recognized forms of it.

>I stack lead as well.
Good man.

>platinum and palladium
Holy shit, you've got to be joking.
Please tell me you're joking.
Please? You can lie, just tell me.

coin shops only make money off premiums, not the metal itself. also, i've found a lot of rare pieces at my coin shop i've flipped for more than twice what i paid for. they know i've done it and they are perfectly fine with it.

No hungry man will ever want your gold.

Buy guns.

Yes, but I am no longer part of the day to day operations. My brother is running things until my son is old enough and experienced enough to run it himself. When that day comes I'll sign the company over to him.

poured mint bars are my favorite, though. I love them. Especially old thyme englehard serialized poured bars. Poured gold is even better, little money pillows.

Problem is the cost + time of that was... zero.
Except maybe some nauseous feelings, and five seconds to wipe your mouth.

Also, you can't build an entire market on modern art, because it hasn't had widespread adoption.

But guess what has? Gold & Silver, nigga!

And comparing economists across time with art nuts is kinda sad. New comparison please.

...what are you retarded?
i hate you faggots that think you know shit

im not even gonna waste my time educating you

I'm not saying I haven't owned bars, but government minted coins are the way to go if you're thinking of it as a financial backstop. Stupid people go for the blang. I have a couple of 100oz silver bars just because, but that was after Tulving went under.

Play your money smart.

>Coin and banknote Collecting

Only collect- Low mintage and in "gem" or "Uncirculated" condition. check values before you buy and always haggle the prices as nothing is set down.
NEVER- buy anything from auction houses.

tell them about Rhodium, lol

Silver coins look better than gold.

Interesting. Where do you investment fags get your info and ideas from? Class? Tips from investor pals? I've been skeptical of most investment books. Probably shouldn't be but it seems like it the secret was that widespread then you would see much larger sections of people doing these things instead of just hearing about it on commercials of places trying to sell gold, which also doesn't make much sense to me since if gold really only appreciated in value then why the fuck would you sell it when a crash isn't imminent?

how the hell is platinum and palladium in the same category is rhodium

Silver stacking was a big thing on Youtube in 2011 back when Bitcoin was $20 or something

don't fall for the precious metals meme, own a few silver eagles or even a gold eagle, but focus on productive investments

They're all industrial metals. For instance in catalytic converters for cars.

When the global market economy crashes, I'd like to see you buy groceries with palladium.
If you do, mind sending a pic?
Need something to rub one off to.

This too.

I'll stick with a 40/50/10 investment in gold/silver/land, thank you.

>the gold price is way too high right now
Ducking this. I had to pay $180 for a 1/10 ounce American Gold Eagle

YARRR MORE BOOTY FOR ME TO PLUNDER WHEN THE TIME COMES

>Silver / Gold - Precious Metals
>Platinum / Palladium - Noble Metals
There's less platinum in the world than gold. Theoretically, plat should be worth more than gold but there was never enough of it to make plat a currency like gold was.
However:
>Plat is used for industrial purposes such as catalysts
>Silver has the second most industrial uses after oil

Platinum and palladium are good investments if unless you are preparing for some end of the world scenario. They are industrial metals so if industry stops they become worthless as they are practically indistinguishable from silver by a layman.

I have many bars of silver, many rolls of silver coins and some gold bars. I have them just as a store of value and a tool for saving. Can't spend gold bars as easy as you can dollars in a wallet or bank account.

And ammo, lots of ammo while it's reasonable.

Never forget proguns Administrations are TEMPORARY and use your chance to stock up on ammo, parts and weapons.

yeah except palladium is basically just a cheaper version of platinum
idc about rhodium

How do I into silver

platinum becomes highly expensive during war time and military starts buying up that shit if not just taking it like they did before

Point is that makes them dominated as being commodities.

Silver is like half commodity and half monetary metal. Gold has some commodity value but it's mainly a monetary metal.

just go to any bullion selling website like apmex and just start buying silver

>Silver has the most industrial uses after oil
>Smart phones
>Computers
>TVs
>Medical equipment
>Etc
>Etc
>Etc

I'm no investment fag, just versed in economics.
And the reality is, the national currencies you use will only decrease in value over time, until the economy fails.
Gold and silver are practically universal in value (so to speak. meaning aside from the relative value that is inherent with any trade), and suffice as currencies in the absence of one (see any time in any country before a central bank is implemented). They're also not hard to get your hands on, from the beginner to the international mogul.

It's just common sense.

I've been buying gold and silver for around 12 years now.

It's a wealth preservation mechanism. Works for me. Might not for all. My plan is to sit on it for another 25-30 years then look at my options for conversion, likely to go towards building a larger house.

Dip a toe in if you are curious. Maybe start with a little budget of say 3~4k and spread it across gold and silver (of various denominations) over the course of 12 months. You'll see gains and losses in the market and get a taste for what it like to toy around with.

See

if you're going to be preparing for society to collapse you might as well be investing in ammunition and things like iodine or alcohol storage
those things will have much higher value than precious metals in a post apocalyptic situation
for your own use or trade

I don't see them as a great store of value.

What is silver vs the stock against vs inflation since 1900?

I think it's nice to own a kilo of silver just as a cool thing to have and a conversation piece. The Perth Mint 1kg silver coins are fun to hold and look at.

I also like buying land when the market is real low (like post-bubble pop), and getting that sweet price. It's definitely a larger investment, but larger payout if you play your cards right.

>conversation piece
have fun getting robbed

I'm way ahead of you. Metals are just a component of surplus storage.

Obviously there are plenty of good things to invest in first.

>And the reality is, the national currencies you use will only decrease in value over time, until the economy fails.
I hadn't considered this kind of point before. Thanks for the thought, user.

>which also doesn't make much sense to me since if gold really only appreciated in value then why the fuck would you sell it when a crash isn't imminent?
Gold dealers, as a business, will buy gold at a discount and sell at a premium gold to make money off the spread from Joe Blow off the street. And if more people are frightened about an economic crash, more people are going to be trading gold which is good for gold dealers. I've had gold dealers say shit to me like "gold prices are being manipulated [likey true], if the con ended then gold would trade at 100 times its current price [likely bullshit]"
They're in it to make money.

>solar panels
>bombs
>missiles
>drones
Also, the majority (like 90%) of silver is destroyed in it's industrial application and is never recovered. Just vaporized and turned to dust where it can again accumulate in the earth.

I agree. Land is probably the ultimate investment option and I can speak from experience. Likewise my father and his father before him.

The entry point for land now is quite high however, unless you are flexible with location, which in itself heavily dictates price.

I have always maintained that the best time to buy land (LAND, not houses, apartments, etc) is yesterday. So far that has held true.

>Where do you investment fags get your info and ideas from?
Various trustworthy and often accurate investors (must do research)
>Why isn't it more widespread?
Why isn't commonsense more widespread? Why do most people not even have more than $200 in the bank? Why are so many people in debt. Simple answer: people are stupid.
>Why the fuck would you sell it when a crash isn't imminent?
You stack and stack until a recession / depression / collapse. If there's no collapse in your life time, at least you have something of value to pass on to your children. A collapse is 100% INEVITABLE! It's not about if, but only when.

My advice is to diversify and pic related.

steemit.com/news/@cryptocentral/breaking-rothschild-just-invested-in-bitcoin

well i think things like gold will still retain their value with everyone who thinks the apocalypse won't last and can easily be traded for more useful things if you do it within a certain amount of time

You're ducking retarded. During the recession, the mint has to quit making proof and uncirculated silver eagles because demand was so high. They only minted bullion during those years.

How the Hell are silver eagles a bad investment?

They're all Platinum group metals, and extremely rare.

Stacking isn't about making money. As far as bitcoin is concerned, that shit is a joke and everyone knows it. Yeah, a few people have made some money but that shit won't last. If you don't hold it, you don't own it. Bitcoin has wayyyyy too many problems.

Land is the one commodity that is finite. You never know about metals. Some mining company could find a monster vein, or perhaps the US government has finds they have classified top secret (like in the Grand Canyon) for later use.

Sure thing. And if you want to see proof of this, just look at what the Federal Reserve is doing.

Every dollar they print and release into circulation is adding to the global number of dollars that exist.
That means for every N dollars, the global value of the USD is worth 1/N less for each new dollar printed.

Central banking is the root of the problem, but to bring it to a currency perspective, they're shooting themselves in the foot to prop up an economy that should've corrected itself long ago. The USD has so little value (Almost zero, if you consider the fact the USD has been off a metal backing since '71) that the only reason why it hasn't failed yet is because of the sheer number of dollars being printed, the people's trust in the stock market, foreign countries buying bonds, and its ties to oil.

Once the USD falls, so too will many other markets. So buy metals before the USD -> metal price is too high.

amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457
This is a good beginner read.

it's gangster as fuck

>premiums
Not that I don't buy SAE's. I have a mint crate or two

probably not the worst idea

most value in hard times: power, and property, real things that are useful

>Nocoiner COPE

>the best time to buy land (LAND, not houses, apartments, etc) is yesterday
Sounds about right to me.
The landscape for land investment in the US is a bit spotty, so I've always bought in ghettos and waited for the gentrification to catch up. So far so good, but I doubt I can keep that up for long. It's a long-term game, but a reasonably safe one.

Never said they weren't? Read the post again, might be a misread the first time.

Wheat pennies. I hoard copper.

Mate not if you're in Australia, it's already started, the East will feel it soon

>Google Map search for coin shops
>APMEX
>JM Bullion
>Provident Metals
>Silver Gold Bull
>Bold Precious Metals
JM Bullion & Silver Gold Bull sell a one time only 10oz of silver at spot price
Bold Precious Metals has several "starter packs" to choose from.
Decide what kind of stacker you want to be whether buying government bullion like Silver Eagles, or generic rounds or just a coin collector.

I have a rather large (as of now) holding of jewcoins, but I bought them when it was under $100, so of course I love them. I wouldn't buy them now, though, lol

The mint has a website, but it mostly only sells proof or uncirculated. You have to get bullion from a dealer