Christian General

A Scripture reading a day keeps the fedoras away Edition

ITT We discuss the various aspects of Christianity, and share beautiful music and information amongst ourselves.

Starting with a beautiful sermon, "How To Hear God's Voice"

youtube.com/watch?v=vK3XjJQwnuQ

And another sermon to consider listening to, discussing How To Deal With Difficult People, based on bible study and with a Christian mindset:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8a2z7RaMpQ&t=27s

Here is a pair of beautiful Orthodox Prayer services, I really enjoy these chants (Not just because I'm an Orthodox Catechumen myself [aspiring convert]), but because of their deep, rich tones:

Long Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=3VNdXMFleBM

Short (~3min) Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=coDY-tVYFvY

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5&version=NLT
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo_B1fyZewkWYFDnO5lojBSjCZa-OyFaz
youtube.com/watch?v=xn_l2yS6H2o
youtube.com/watch?v=wng6c0oLkQE
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/52965411/
youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w
tertullian.org/fathers/julian_apostate_galileans_1_text.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PROVE IT CUNT

Come home to Woden brothers.

Hail Thunor.

Orthodox aren't Christian

No thanks, I'll let the dead rest

>2 Timothy 3:1-7
"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth."

I'll pray for everyone on Sup Forums.

Things are getting bad out there!

I'm making a sacrifice right now for all of you niggers so you don't wind up in niflhel

Thanks, user.

You should be ashamed of yourself for coming to these threads and posting such things.

Have some respect for Sup Forums culture you fucking heathen.

All Christcucks worship the same Jewish deity, it doesn't matter the label they put before "Christian"

>Sup Forums culture
>pretends Sup Forums is christian
>posts a shitskin
jesus christ almighty are you a fucking retard

Well, norman culture has a long tradition of defiling Christian sacred altars. It's kind of disrespectful of you to disrespect their ways, user.

"A scripture a day is all it takes to justify my sins and be in tune with God!"

Hmm wonder why people keep calling christianity the lazy man's religion?

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall make no idols.
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
Keep the Sabbath day holy.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder (unless jews, then feel free)..
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

how you guys gonna fix your dying religion?

Scripture is best read in one go. That way you take in the context and overall message. Bitty scripture reading just leads to heresy IMO as people pick the bits they like and ignore the rest

How else do you think protestants justify their heresies?

What atheism? I'll be glad when it finally dies with all the dildo waving faggots

Catholics aren't Christian

Christians aren't smart

lol'd, havent see someone this mad on here for a while.

Lately I've really been struggling with my faith, I started praying again for the first time since I was a kid, I'm worried that I can't come back to Christ after rejecting him for so long, I'm afraid of change.

Sup Forums is a Christian board and Jesus Christ doesn't care what skin color you are.

That's the old testament and Jesus has laid many new laws and principles.

I'm non-denominational but I come from protestants, we read the bible during weekly bible studies in order.

Usually about 10 chapters a week and I consider myself a very learned Christian free from heresy.

Jesus Christ is a white Anglo Saxon warrior and is a member of the Aesir.

>That's the old testament and Jesus has laid many new laws and principles.

Please eleborate on this one

""To the angel of the church in Sardis write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.""
>Revelation 3:1-6

As long as you're sorry and tell Jesus you're sorry in prayer, you'll be forgiven.

Remember, "Go and sin no more!"

You seem to have a repentant spirit which our Lord loves very much!
If you have a $100 bill and it's dirty and a little torn, you don't throw it away and into the trash, do you?

The Lord sees your worth and loves His sheep very much!

I'll say a prayer for you once I'm done posting this.

Yep that's the kind of bitty "bible study" that leads to heresy as you forget what happened before. 10 chapters a week is nothing. If you are going to read the bible you should read the entire new testament in a week, in order to gain a greater understanding.

If you were a learned christian free from heresy then you wouldn't be non denominational

Think of the prodigal son parable, where the son left his father after receiving his j inheritance, becomes a homeless beggar, returns home and is greeted with a feast and open arms from his father, that his son is safe once again. At least that's what I think

Read the book of Matthew, you can do it in one sitting and it will inform you all about Jesus' new laws and principles.

Jesus didn't belong to any church.

Nah, I'm just kidding, you christkikes are alright.

Jesus founded the church. You would know that if you had read the new testament

Amen OP.

Paganism as you almost certainly imagine it IS jewish propaganda. It is a construct made up by Jewish-dominated past-Enlightenment academia that has almost fucking nothing in common with what even ancient Greeks, never mind practicers of paganisms from which very little survived to our day, like that of the Norse, actually believed. It was made up to seem anything more than a collection of bloody and incosistent superstitions specifically to undermine Christianity.

Take a look at the most advanced paganism in history, Hinduism. A small bunch of Christian adventurers BTFOed a whole sub-continent its adherents and their descendants only failed to kept India under their thumb due to events that flowed from the Europe abandoning Christianity. Hinduism also was not very successful at teaching people to poo in loo of course.

its wrong to mix fabrics if you are a women, its ok to own slaves and its not ok to eat shellfish.

You would know that if you had read the bible.

Get a job and/or a gf you spam this shit in every thread my dude.

Probably because I'm yet to receive a well thought out response to it. It's LARPagan cryptonite.

>I'm worried that I can't come back to Christ after rejecting him for so long,
American education.

What are the necessary steps to converting to Anglicanism? I've started coming to services and have taken Eucharist but am unsure what is next.

Because it's not an argument. You're not arguing against any of the modern practices of asatru for example. You don't argue against the rituals of symbel or the blot. You just say some vague shit about the jews

You would know that is the old covenant law that only applied to Israel for matters of expediency and survival if you had read the bible

Baptism. Don't bother with Anglicanism. They don't have valid apostolic succession thus are not a part of the one holy catholic and apostolic church.

Thank you very much. It's very true what they say about surrendering to god, the strength that it gives you. I know how cheesy it sounds but it truly is better to walk his path rather than my own.

Did jesus say that the old testament is no longer relevant?
NO, quite the opposite, he said that not 1 bit of the old testament would change, you would know this if you had read the bible.

I need help. I am going through. Crippling depression and lost my way with the lord. I always thought god has forsakened me because of all the shit i had to go through. Can anyone give me some inspirational bible quotes to help guide me?

you can always tell the underage fags because they take being redpilled to insanely autistic measures as seen here. being redpilled doesn't mean you have to live the lives of degenerate retards who believe the earth is only thousands of years old. If you're gonna learn anything let it be that smart people cherry pick their politics and not sackride one side.

you wannabe faggot

Be more like Thor

I already left 1 barbaric religion and i am not going to start following another one you heathen. Ch4ist is the lord not some zeus ripoff

Read Matthew chapters 5 through 7.
>biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5&version=NLT

God can lift you up, I'll pray for you, I'll pray for everyone who needs help.

Christians who cherry pick what scriptures they want to follow are call "luke warm Christians" and God is going to spit them out of His mouth on Judgement day.

called**

>I already left 1 barbaric religion
What religion was that?

Jesus said he had come to fulfil the law of the old covenant. Why would he change something that was finished and no longer relevant? Old covenant was over. New covenant had begun with two simple laws that summate all moral law: love god and love your neighbour. The morality of the law has not changed because morality is absolute. But the laws created for expediency were no longer necessary. You would know this if you had read the bible

Ten commandments > Rest of the bible

You are petrus and on this petra I shall build my church. The gates of hell shall never prevail against it.

>I am the voice of one calling in the desert 'make straight the way for the lord.' -Jn.1:23

Clean your room, go for a walk, greet people who pass you by. God is with you, he will give you the power to do better.

Since when being redpilled = believing in the one a ONE TRUE RELIGION?

im gonna be honest, i have not read the bible, mainly because i dont have a good reason to believe its accurate and the more i hear about it the more ridicilous it sounds.

Since t_d took over this board. I guess a lot of them were evangelical christians.

Sup Forums latched onto its Christian identity around 2013 or 2014.

Yeah but there really wasn't daily christian generals and all this shit before the election.

What is your stance on the shroud of turin, brothers? I've been reading about it and I'm pretty convinced it's real.

Remember the story of the prodigal son.... So to you shall be welcomed back into the kingdom of heaven

I strongly recommend reading it, it's wonderful. At the very least please listen to an audio of it. I liked listening to this audio:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo_B1fyZewkWYFDnO5lojBSjCZa-OyFaz

if you don't believe the bible is real then PLEASE help me explain this one. The further I try to research this the scarier it gets. If you want me to be an atheist then please show me how this guy is wrong. HELP!!!youtube.com/watch?v=xn_l2yS6H2o

well then im gonna recommend the harry potter series and if you want something else than fiction a universe from nothing by Lawrence Krauss, or alteast listen to his lecture on youtube, its about an hour long.
youtube.com/watch?v=wng6c0oLkQE

Yeah, generals started to become popular here on Sup Forums around the election season but they've been used on other boards for much longer.

Now we have a lot of various generals, I'm okay with it but if people have questions or concerns I would rather they just post a thread that way it can be seen by a lot of Christians because I don't always come into these threads to give my two cents.

Oh its easy, but its gonna take me about 2 months.

>harry potter
>christian general

its a better story, would you not agree?

Yeah, some generals are okay but as one wise user said years ago, generals are the death of image boards. Instead of a few threads every couple days you can always keep up to speed on, you have generals where you have to read 30 pages of shit to get caught up on like pizzagate and shit. Then you have pure condensed autism like brit/pol/.

I grew up in a Christian household, both my parents are pastors. After suffering abuse as a kid I rejected it. I went off on my own got into drugs and booze and lead a sinful life. I was so angry I even got a tattoo that said Judas on my arm just to show me contempt for it. 3 years ago I feel into a coma for 9 days after needing emergency surgery,. The doctors were ready to pull the plug as there was no brain activity, my mother was at my side praying for me and refusing to let the doctors pull the plug. When I woke up the doctors and nurses cried because they had given up on me. God brought me back for a reason.

I guessed as much. The new testament are the most accurate historical texts we have. I say this as a history graduate. You should dismiss everything you know about history before you dismiss the events of the new testament

Wanna see something interesting read Isaiah 53, and guess who is it referring to?

since most popular media is influenced by the latter , no

It's carbon dated to Jesus' death. Analysis shows only an extremely bright light could have made it. I believe its real

Harry Potter is about nothing but witchcraft.

One girl at my school was so in love with Harry Potter that they bought her a real spellbook and witches hat for her birthday.

How about The Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings?

Bullshit. That

>Daily reminder Sup Forums is a Christian board

Post has been going on for years virtually every day.

For example, here's one from 2015

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/52965411/

And here's today's

They're virtually identical. Triggering fedoras is a Sup Forums past time.

i didnt really like narnia but Lord of the rings was nice.

yeah its a real tragedy i know, to let a fictional story to affect the media, these are tough times we live in.

I also believe its real.

Pic related for anyone who hasn't seen it before.

>2015
Holy shit that's old as fuck. Who else is an oldfag and remembers 2015???
kys

you do know that when Jesus was around he was completely disfigured and not good looking right?

Never mind, I see that you're trying to get out of reading the bible.
Start with the book of Jonah, it's only 4 chapters.

>The first half of Jonah chapter 1
"The Lord gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.”

But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish.

But the Lord hurled a powerful wind over the sea, causing a violent storm that threatened to break the ship apart. Fearing for their lives, the desperate sailors shouted to their gods for help and threw the cargo overboard to lighten the ship.

But all this time Jonah was sound asleep down in the hold. So the captain went down after him. “How can you sleep at a time like this?” he shouted. “Get up and pray to your god! Maybe he will pay attention to us and spare our lives.”

Then the crew cast lots to see which of them had offended the gods and caused the terrible storm. When they did this, the lots identified Jonah as the culprit. “Why has this awful storm come down on us?” they demanded. “Who are you? What is your line of work? What country are you from? What is your nationality?”

Jonah answered, “I am a Hebrew, and I worship the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the land.”

The sailors were terrified when they heard this, for he had already told them he was running away from the Lord. “Oh, why did you do it?” they groaned. And since the storm was getting worse all the time, they asked him, “What should we do to you to stop this storm?”"

“Throw me into the sea,” Jonah said, “and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault.”

truly is. How they reverse the roles and replace the scripture is the worst part about it all

2015 was still before the election though, which sort of contradicts your point that this is all post election stuff.

Try to keep up.

nah, all the election business started in 2015 and the reddit takeover begun.

Go back to Deviantart with that quality.

Dude, i cant even bring myself to read all of your post.

What the fuck man you want a Michelangelo?

I think it's neat how they tested the blood and found it was the relatively rare type AB.
They tested the blood from the miracle of Lanciano and some samples from a recent alleged miracle in Buenos Aires and found it was also blood type AB.

If these aren't genuine, it's an amazing coincidence.

>I haven't watched fractals because I don't believe they are accurate
Not everything is equal in value.

By today's standards it's only the length of a chapter in a novel.
Try to learn from Jonah and what he went through, try to place yourself in his position.

>The rest of Jonah chapter 1
"Instead, the sailors rowed even harder to get the ship to the land. But the stormy sea was too violent for them, and they couldn’t make it. Then they cried out to the Lord, Jonah’s God. “O Lord,” they pleaded, “don’t make us die for this man’s sin. And don’t hold us responsible for his death. O Lord, you have sent this storm upon him for your own good reasons.”

Then the sailors picked Jonah up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once! The sailors were awestruck by the Lord’s great power, and they offered him a sacrifice and vowed to serve him.

Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights."

Yet you rabble against something that you haven't read.
Clear sign of mental sobriety.
Pathetic.

It wasn't worth reading anyways.

im not rabbling against it, half the time i dont even know the shit thrown at me is from the bible.

Im looking for a reason to take it seriously, so far i have only seen more reasons to NOT take it seriously.

Also im sure there are things in the bible i agree with, i dont have a bias agaisnt the bible, i have a bias against bullshit and its all you have.

God loves you

und du

How about it is one of the few ancient texts preserved today that shows the history and culture of the most impacting religion in the world. If you want to consider yourself knowledgeable then reading such an important text is a prerequisite. Those who are ignorant of the past are ignorant of all

>Im looking for a reason to take it seriously
You're asking us to throw land under your feet.
>so far i have only seen more reasons to NOT take it seriously.
youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

Until Pagans come out with some real theology kindly stay in your containment threads

You're such a pathetic gnat thinking you're some kind of authority and that anybody should give a damn about you or what you think.
By the looks of it you're getting every bit of what you deserve. Such bitterness and cowardice is akin to those who have no purpose of life , no appreciation and thanksgiving and no joy. Its very amusing to watch cocky fags like you suffer constantly and grieviously.
So far idgaf what you take seriously or not and what you think is bullshit because you're a spec of dust with no real discernment to decide what is bullshit and what is not.
Stay bitter , mongofaggot.

Until Christians can refute this, always and forever stay in the middle east where your death cult belongs.
tertullian.org/fathers/julian_apostate_galileans_1_text.htm

>Until Pagans come out with some real theology
Exactly what I have been thinking. Their entire gig has 0 theology/belief or spirituality the only thing they have is a constant critique of Christianity a la Frankfurt school.