One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

Remember, at the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.

How do atheists explain this away?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>explain this away
Bible before Jesus shows up is literally millions of pages long.
It would be practically impossible to not find a few verses that vaguely describe his death somewhere in it.

Praise God

Correct. Jesus fulfilled the Tanakh/Old Testament prophecies in this manner. Non-Christians have also referenced the life of Jesus Christ before the Roman Empire had more and more people convert to Christianity by the point of Constantine's conversion and after.

>the bible was literally millions of pages long

>vaguely
Pretty specific to me senpai.

Jesus Christ as well as the Isrealites were niggers (seriously, Hamites)
Mary was 12 years old and God is a statitory rapist.
Also if you'v ever ridden the bus with a woman on her period, you need to be killed.

Nice try faggot

I could have guessed you'd have the sodom flag just by reading this comment

The entirety of the Bible was retconned to fit the RABBI JESUS = MESSIAH myth in 325AD.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

>literally millions

Is glue sniffing still a part of the Australian school curriculum?

There is only one messianic prophecy in the bible

This is one of the most tired anti-Christian arguments out there... Demonstrably false.

>His very unique death, crucifixion
Stopped reading here btw.
Crucifixion was extremely common.
Also his story was written long after anyone who knew him was dead, DUH they can go back and make things canon.
I'd say this is a troll thread if people weren't so dumb.

Ask 10 people how did Jesus die?
10 will say he was crucified.
>pierced hands and feet
>gambled for clothes
No one will say he was stripped naked and jabbed in the hands.
If you were the prophet composing Psalms 22 and you wanted your religion to be taken seriously wouldn't you include the crown of thorns, spear in the belly and the cross?

Amen!
Praise Him from all nations!

>Forced to convert

Constantine was a traitor

You really should repent

Schoolkids are all on meth now.
>only one messianic prophecy
How do you tell what's part of a legit prophecy and what's been picked out retroactively from among millions of pages because it happens to fit Jesus' life?

Gospel of Matthew written by Jesus' disciple Matthew. Mark written by disciple Peter's disciple mark whilst peter was still alive. Similar case with Luke. John written by disciple john.

Learn history you ignoramus

>tfw there is mention of earthquakes around the time of Jesus' crucifixion

>tfw those earthquakes have been confirmed as 6.3 magnitude within 26AD

Spear in the belly is because prophecies say not one bone shall be broken. Crucifixion victims had their legs broken to make them die. Jesus was already dead so they just stabbed him to make sure

Jesus wasn't even a real, historical person.
>inb4 muh Wikipedia

Doesn't change the fact that anyone with a knowledge of the Bible could rewrite events to make them match any "prophecy" they'd like.
A question I pose to any christcucks i meet.
"what do you believe, and would you believe it if I told you it was true and you'd never heard it before"
The answer will always be "no" because it's a nonsense story written by bronze age camel jockeys. And if it's yes, I just talked to God and he said you need to give me a blowjob

By reading the thing. How can you make retarded statements without knowing what you're talking about? Glue sniffing, that's how

Nope, the old testament is hebrew&greek literature, physically changing it would be harder than an entire victorious crusades campaign. Oh, you probably haven't even read OP's argument, you are thinking about them changing the new testament even though there were no crucifixions back when they said "They have pierced my hands and feet." in Psalms 22, kek

Lol. The Old Testament is full of prophecies proving Jesus was divine; fitting the prophecy exactly.

The fact that you don't think "they pierced my hands and feet" in the midst of describing a slow death and then that the soldiers gambled on His clothes isn't directly narrating the events on the cross is astounding.

Go and read all of psalm 22. The Old Testament also predicts Jesus would be betrayed, silent before his accusers, a sacrifice for the son of mankind, born of a virgin, born in Bethlehem, would ride into Jerusalem on an ass, would be called a Nazarene, would pray for His murderers, would be forced to drink vinegar etc... We know the dates of these texts. And we know the historical accuracy of Jesus' life and death. Jesus was the Son of God, and these verses alone prove the bible is divine.

It seems people just don't want to believe the truth.

>Gospel of Matthew written by Jesus' disciple Matthew.
Hahahaha!
>Mark written by disciple Peter's disciple mark
Hahahaha!
>Similar case with Luke.
Lol, wtf?
>John written by disciple john.
Oh, lordy

>Learn history you ignoramus
Oh my sides

>Jesus wasn't even a real, historical person.
Any evidence to back up that assertion?

>inb4 I'M NOT GONNA SPOONFEED YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH blah ect

Jesus Christ is God.

tl;dr

Does it say that I cannot have anal sex with random young transvestites anymore?

Existing as a person doesn't make them magic

>Any evidence to back up that assertion?

Yes. The Apostle Paul says so in Galatians 1:12.

What you don't seem to understand is 2,000 years is not that long ago. Do you doubt the circumstances of Caesars death? No. You only doubt Jesus Christ because you clearly have a reason to not want Christianity to be true. There is ample evidence that God is real, and that Jesus Christ was the Messiah; you just don't want to acknowledge it.

Except these things weren't rewritten. We know Jesus was crucified. Even atheist historians believe this. If the apostles had lied then people would have found out the lies by now. Every time they think there is some lie or innacuracy, other sources and archaeology verify it. Atheist bible scholars like Bart ehrman believe that the apostles genuinely believed in what they saw and weren't lying.

How about you read the bible and history around it before making ignorant statements. It's less embarrassing that way. Even atheist scholars think you're stupid

>the soldiers gambled on His clothes
I thought Jesus was a simple man who wore robes covered in pig shit?
Why are they gambling for robes covered in pig shit.
This nigga was rolling in dough wasn't he? lol whole new reason to shit on christcucks

Caesar didn't come back to life you literal retard lol
>Even atheist historians believe this.
Lying will send you to Hell, haven't you ever heard that?
>If the apostles had lied then people would have found out the lies by now.
How exactly, no one's even sure the guy existed and dozens if not hundred of false prophets were killed in similar ways.

They were gambling on His robes because He was very famous as a man who raised people from the dead, healed the sick, and performed miracles that had never been seen before.

You just proved that it was common knowledge Jesus was doing miracles at the time of His death... "Muh Jesus myth developed after" argument debunked!

>We know Jesus was crucified. Even atheist historians believe this.

95% of biblical scholars are employed by Christian colleges and are contractually obliged to believe Jesus was a real person. Your assertion doesn't mean diddly-squat.

Or that he had made a lot of money hustling ignorant people and that is why they killed him.
A regular Pat Robertson.
A religious huckster makes a ton of money off idiots or a genuine miracle worker. Which have you seen more of?

I have nothing against gays, but the gratuitous slander in your post suggests you are not at peace with yourself.

A lot of things in the bible were just codes of conduct for an ancient and foreign culture.

The prophecy of Jesus' life does not appear to fall into that category.

None of the apostles' writings have survived, unfortunately, apart from those of Paul.

And Paul didn't believe Jesus was a real person.

>a lot of things in the Bible are codes of conduct
>this thing isn't, thereby magic is real u guys srsly

Amen. The symmetry in the Bible is beautiful.

>Amen. The forgery in the Bible is beautiful.

Corrected that for you. yw.

Do some historical research. Your knowledge on this period is non existent. Maybe start with the historical consensus accepted by all: Jesus existed. Jesus was crucified under Pontius pilate

I have never seen anyone raise people from the dead, make the blind see, and raise Himself from the dead...

Because only Jesus Christ did any of that.

Reminder that it's 2017, which is 2017 years after Christ was born. The whole world literally counts days from the day Christ was born. Remember that next time you write your date of birth down.

You got some proof for that, oh great fedora? Or we just gonna have to take your word for it?

>even atheist historians believe that

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

I suggest you learn some history

Yes he was.
If I knew what I was talking about why would I make retarded statements?
Say I'm going to read the entire bible later on to check this out. What am I looking for?
>fitting the prophecy exactly
>pierced my hands and feet
>directly narrating the events on the cross
>astounding
Is it though? If you personally witnessed the death of Jesus and were asked for an exact narrative would you say he got his hands pierced or that he was killed on a cross?
Psalm 24 talks about opening gates and the Lord being strong in battle, but Jesus never went to war. Why isn't Psalm 22 'prophecy' cherrypicked?

>raise people from the dead, make the blind see, and raise Himself from the dead
David Copperfield must be God's son as well as half the two bit huckster faith healers out there.

> Maybe start with the historical consensus accepted by all

Your "historical consensus" wasn't even shared by the Apostle Paul...

Why is that? I am not familiar with history.

All of the apostles writings have survived. See the bible

That's not what that says at all. Try again.

>Psalm 24 talks about opening gates and the Lord being strong in battle

Remind me, what belief structure took over the entire known world and shaped it more than any other force in history?

Oh yeah, that's right, it was Christianity

>It seems people just don't want to believe the truth.

Some people have a hard time accepting that they, and the world could be loved so much.

>You got some proof for that, oh great fedora?
Sure do

The Book of Acts contradicts Paul's own writings. Therefore Acts is a forgery.

Any historical details in The Gospel of Mark that can be checked are wrong. (The geography is wrong from top to bottom, for example.) Therefore Mark is a forgery.

The Book of Daniel was written 400 years later than it claims to be. Therefore Daniel is a forgery.

Could go on forever...

You wouldn't, which shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you're going to study the bible get the Douay Rheims catholic version or the new English translation of the Septuagint as all other versions are based on Jewish revisions of the old testament that remove prophecies that relate to Jesus. Really makes you think

That's the kind of fiercely proud stupidity that's impossible to argue against.

Yes it was. You have no evidence to back you up

jesus wasn't a real person otherwise josephus and pliny the elder would have written about him instead of droning on about roman municipal elections.

you've fallen for a 2000 year old hoax, gg.

Cos that's an awful lot of opinion, with very little actual fact.

For example - the Harry Potter was actually written by Elon Musk

It's just a statement until you elaborate your argument. Once again, do you have any proof for your claim?

Impossible for lesser minds

wtf im a giant faggot atheist now

No evidence apart from Galations 1:12, you mean?

Josephus did write about him. As did 7 other non christian historical texts

The lel Jesus didn't exist is the most retarded of the fedora arguments. Go read some atheist scholars on the subject like Bart ehrman

>crucifixion;

Was going on long before Christ was born.

Alexander had a thing for crucifying his enemies 300 years before Christ was even mentioned.

You're not even using the most OBVIOUS prophecy about Jesus..... ISAIAH 53!

Doesn't back up your assertion

wow so you're saying that someone was able to match up well know prophecies after the fact with a fake story about some kike in the desert that never even existed. Really BLEW MY MIND

he isn't, He is the son of God. this contradicts the old testament of isaiah 53 and malachi 4

>Josephus did write about him
No he didn't. Don't be silly.

>As did 7 other non christian historical texts
Half of them didn't and all of them are 2nd century texts, anyway.

>Go read some atheist scholars on the subject like Bart ehrman
Do you mean Bart "These books have not survived until the present day, and they might not have existed at all, but they prove Jesus exists!!!!" Ehrman?

Josephus was born after jesus died faggot and lived so far away it would have taken a month to travel to where jesus lived. The main Josephus passage is a well known forgery made by a christcuck faggot with poor latin skills. much like you, faggot.

The point is, Jesus said the first line of Psalm 22 on the cross; "my God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?"

The Psalm goes on to describe His death exactly, and the consequences of His death, ie; the conversion of the whole world.

Not to mention this Psalm was wrote 1,000 years before Christ was even born.

If the prophecy said: "a guy named Jesus will be crucified on a woodern cross and the Roman soldiers who do it will gamble for His clothes" -- you would just make up an excuse not to believe it anyway, wouldn't you?

Not to mention, the words "Roman" and "crucifixion" weren't even known the the Psalmist. When God inspires people to write, He obviously uses words of their language and time period.

The words of Psalm 22 are absolutely undeniable, and only someone who was wilfully disbelieving would deny that they describe the events of the cross, and the uncanny result of the cross; being the rise of Christianity.

>Doesn't back up your assertion

Paul plainly states that he knows nothing about Jesus except what he sees in his dreams. End of debate.

Run along and play, now. The adults are talking.

Amen. Also, many people dislike the idea of being "judged" by a truly Good God. They dislike having to change. Which of course I understand, it is a scary thought for us sinners. But the sensible and only real choice is to make this change as much as possible, however hard it is; "fear of the Lord" is truly the beginning of wisdom.

>Jesus said the first line of Psalm 22 on the cross

Funny, the other gospel authors think he said something else. These Christians should learn to keep their story straight!

When the Psalm was wrote, around 1000 B.C. Crucifixion was not a thing.

Except Paul believed Jesus existed. Your argument is retarded and has no basis

>Which have you seen more of?

Just because there are religious hucksters does not mean Jesus wasn't real. That is flawed argument. It's plainly clear you are not arguing in good faith (pardon the pun), but rather just angrily attacking Christ.

Got any evidence for that? I'll accept any passage from the authentic Pauline epistles which speak of Jesus wandering around Jerusalem.

There's an Arabic text of Josephus different to the edited version that demonstrates Josephus was aware of Christ.

I love how atheists continually move the goal posts as their argument gets shitter. First it was Josephus doesn't mention him now its Josephus was born later we can't trust him

I have to.
He's put on a pedestal (literally) when it's fare more likely he was just a liar and a con artist.
It's current year. You don't believe in magic in any other context, you've seen hucksters with followings similar to Jesus, the only evidence you have is a book written ages ago and translated more times than I care to recount....yet that's enough for you because you're scared to die and you need order in the universe.
So of course I attack, you're being stupid and weak.

Have you ever encountered any atheist that is not visibly angry and hateful towards Christ? I have not to be frank... Strange, they don't show the same resentment to other religions, like Hinduism, or Odinism, or even Islam. In addition to this, do atheists even care about other religions or "superstitions", or do they exclusively criticise Christianity?

It's almost like the anti-Christian/atheist is being influenced by supernatural forces.

(Luke 23:46)
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

(John 19:30)
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

All your points are incorrect. Study history so you can rid yourself of your mind virus

>There's an Arabic text of Josephus different to the edited version that demonstrates Josephus was aware of Christ.

Unfortunately not. It's a later edition than was originally thought.

I'm not an atheist I'm an orthodox Jew, shabbat shalom.

You're arguments and rebuttals are just flawed all over the place. It's actually kind of educational.

Bottom line, people do not come to faith by suddenly believing an argument is correct. People come to faith through personal trials and deeply heartfelt personal experience. There is no way you can dissuade someone from that, and there is no way we are going to get you to accept anything.

Almost everyone I know has some kind of experience, and THEN they go back and look at the Bible and it helps them to make sense of that experience. That God is real, that he love us, and that Jesus was an expression of that love.

I pray not that you become a Christian, but that you may find healing from whatever is troubling you. God bless.

When Paul says if Jesus has not be raised from the dead then our teaching is vain and our faith is pointless

>imagine my shock

You should repent and accept Jesus Christ as the only Lord and saviour, instead of following an empty and pointless creed.

>All your points are incorrect.
You can easily convince me of that

Show me a 2nd/3rd century Josephus manuscript that mentions Jesus

Show me a single 1st century document that mentions Jesus

Show me a single extant copy of the missing books Ehrman claims prove Jesus' existence

Until you can do any of those things, you're in the wrong.

>almost die in car accident
>can't handle the fact that blind luck almost ended your life
>OMG JESUS SAVED ME
>or Allah or Zeus or whatever you're preconditioned to think saves people
That's the kind of personal experience you describe. It's entirely meaningless and silly.

I'm not interested in fantasies about zombies being raised from the dead. I'm only interested in Pauline descriptions of a living, walking Jesus.

Evidence please.

>Show me a first century document that mentions Jesus

Never heard of the Bible, huh atheicuck?

Turns out OP's passage is Psalm 21 in Douay Rheims version but 22 in CSB. Has an entire psalm gone missing? Now I have to study bible translations too and work out which version (if any) contains the true prophecy..
>exactly
But "pierced hands and feet" isn't anywhere close to exactly "killed on a cross".
>If the prophecy said: "a guy named Jesus will be crucified on a woodern cross and the Roman soldiers who do it will gamble for His clothes" -- you would just make up an excuse not to believe it anyway, wouldn't you?
Probably but instead of saying it's wishful thinking by Christians who want to see a fulfilled prophecy I'd admit that's quite an accurate prediction and look for evidence of historical dating errors or forgeries.

Incorrect. I'll humour you though. The edit is only applied to where Josephus says Christ was the messiah. Even if you remove the addition, Josephus still talks about jesus

I don't have access to any of those things.

Your understanding of logic is flawed. Just because something cannot fit your specific bar of proof does not make it wrong.

I'll use your retarded logic against you. Show me proof that Jesus wasn't crucified

Paul never met Jesus in the flesh. Doesn't mean he didn't believe he existed. I haven't met my grandmother but I still believe she exists

Douay Rheims is older. Trust it. CSB probably muddled up the order. Protestant translations tend to be sloppy and full of innacuracies.