When did you finally grow out of atheism, Sup Forums?

When did you finally grow out of atheism, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sz42hBg4jys
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Became an atheist at 14. Became a Christian again at 26.
Fun fact: 26 is also the age that your brain is fully developed

When i realized there is no greater religon than the religon of money.

Shortly after I lost my virginity and moved out of my parents house

When i realized that Islam is literally the one true faith

>Heisen(((berg)))

And what do you think Mammon will bring you in death, profligate?

When I could no longer deny the evidence for the Christ

God bless user

Wow, what a wonderful quote. Does he have proof of his claims?

Oh wait
>religion
>reality
Pick one

25 is the age where brain function begins to decline.

Just sayin'

Both theists and atheists are stupid monkeys desu. Agnostics are the only people with brains.

about 14/15

>implying being a christkike is any better

Deism is what the most intelligent scientists and politicians believed in and they're onto something. Deism+paganism+Carl Gustav Jung's archetypes give you the answer to the God question

pure agnosticism isnt a thing. you are an agnostic atheist if anything

>Posts under a swastika
>Ignores the word of Hitler

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The völkisch-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."

>inb4 4d chess

Varg posters are the worst.

>Implying a man who thinks eye colour affects light reception is relevant in a science discussion.

It's a thing.

You're trying to use marxist terminology.

t. butthurt christkikes

About 20, existence is pretty absurd whether there is a god or not, so the chance of there being a god really didn't feel that crazy to me. Agnostic now.

you're just retarded

Glad to see you've still got no argument, LARPagan.

My new twitter acount rate 1-10 for convincing. Just from the front picture

>implying you can grow out of logic and reason

its almost 3 am and i dont feel like arguing with idiots who believe in a kike religion

Hitler was one of the intelligent men i spoke of here He was a Christian for a period of time but his views soon turned deistic with a dash of paganism one he got wiser
Agnosticism is intellectual cowardice and a state of delusion far deeper than any religion in the world including atheism. Weak people like you don't deserve to exist

And yet you come into a theist thread, on a Christian board, and post anti-christian shit while posting with a swastika, despite the fact Hitler was a Christian.

Why is that?

Atheism is for retarded losers.

hitler was no christkike, the only reason he said and did pro christian stuff was bcz if he didnt he wouldnt be succesful in a christian country

>implying god is illogical or unreasonable

> IQ decreases with age

Say My Name!

Do you have any proof that God exists and the Christian religion is true?

Hmmm, you see, you say that but then I can listen to Hitler himself say the exact opposite and specifically state that atheism is a Jewish invention.

youtu.be/Sz42hBg4jys

So you tell me, if you can't trust the words out of a man's mouth, what kind of man does that make him?

Do you, perchance, have a star of David hiding under that swastika flag?

Just wait until 35 to 40, you'll become an Atheist again.

t. old fag

>Do you, perchance, have a star of David hiding under that swastika flag?
nope

The historical evidence for the resurrection:
youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
The first 30 minutes is what's important from this one, the rest is questions and answers.

Ex-atheist scientist tells his story of becoming Christian after realizing that the story of creation in Genesis actually makes the most sense and gets a lot of things right compared to other religious books:
youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs

Cold case detective, former atheist analyzed the gospels using his skills and came to the conclusion that Christianity is the true religion and what is written in the New Testament is real.
youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0
youtube.com/watch?v=DiYQzOypD9o
The videos are long, but they basically come down to this:
1. The chain of custody is sound, the story doesn't change over time.
2. There was stuff in the Bible that was later confirmed by archeology(places, people, etc.)
3. There are even non-believers' accounts of some stuff Jesus did, just from them you can know a lot about Jesus if you piece it all together.
4. The differences between gospels aren't a bad sign, because witnesses rarely agree on stuff. If every eyewitness would say the same thing, it would be very fishy and would mean they probably talked to each other at one point.
5. The apostles died without getting rich, getting a girlfriend or getting power, they all died horribly. There was no point in spreading Christianity if they didn't believe in it. Why would they risk their life if it wasn't true? Why would they risk their life if it was all forged? Why would Paul try to join this new small church?
Also the only accounts of Romans getting Christians to change their faith was after the 1st century. No account of eyewitnesses ever changing their story.

Ok, going to ignore the rest of my post?

If you can't trust the words out of a man's mouth, what kind of man does that make him?

God might be down there, but he doesn't come with religion

So, which of the bibles two tales of creation do you buy into?

Luckily the Bible's pretty logically consistent.

once again, hitler said those stuff for support n shyt. also there is proof of hitler being anti christianity

>I can't find the answer
>there must be a God

never, haven't heared a good argument yet

>ITT: people confuse "its logical to believe in god =/= my spesific religion of choice"

You didn't answer, or even address the question

after 3 years in the Marines, I realized god is all around us and the only salvation and good in the world is Christ and those who follow his teachings.

Ok, so answer the next part of my question.

If you can't trust the words out of a man's mouth, what kind of man does that make him?

Yeah but you were a faggot the whole time.

when the same people who ass blasted christianity gave islam a free pass.

fuck those guys.

sometimes men have to say lies and i can understand that

Never did, but i stopped being militant about it after my second kid. I can see the value the belief holds for other people. I cba to argue them out of all the silly shit they do in their lives.
As for the quote, there may as well be some evidence for some sort of creator deep enough in the rules of physics, I wouldn't know. It's a far cry from that to said creator revealing himself to bronze age shepherds only and then impregnating one of their women with his divine essence to make a blood sacrifice of himself to himself. I'm fairly sure Heisenberg didn't mean to imply that. Really.

>sometimes men have to say lies and i can understand that

Literally the most Jewish sentence I have seen posted sincerely on Sup Forums.

Religion is placebo for fags and cucks which can't accept materialistic reality. Also Jesus was faggot and Jewish cuckold

>just saying

this has no meaning, except to greatly diminish the one who utters it

and you think mammon is not of the dragon?

cute

be serious

i am on your side
but all of the supernatural/divine is non-falsifiable

again, be serious

>poopy-names

>give you the answer to the God question

nope

please dont try to tie Christ to A.H. but in mere words only

>what are physics

>You're trying to use marxist terminology.
but
>"a thing"
try to use grown up language

apply your noggin

nice contribution

oh my God the irony
oh wow, wowowowowowowow

i guess that settles it

>with a dash of paganism one he got wiser

yeah but no

> on a Christian board,

dont kid yourself

nope

>implying we can aspire to even think to rationally try to apply such word to encompass Him

do you have any proof that you exist?

interesting

you dont have a crystal ball

its all non-falsifiable

and for a reason

no, he comes with THE religion, The Gospel

nope

fallacies, namely strawman and ridicule

Then again, belief in that shaped the world more than any other force in history - which is exactly what you'd expect from true divinity. It also shows how everyone, even the smallest person, is saved.

>mass replying
>reddit spacing
>greentexting incorrectly
how much retardation can be condensed into one post?

truly a deep mind

no it is sometimes necessary for the greater good

but never when one is a Christian

to whom do you refer?

>man does that make him?

that still leaves infinite possibilities if you consider all objective data that you have

When I found out I had cancer.

Atheist is not the answer but so isnt abrahamic religions, perhaps agnosticism and mysticism.

Also for the mos cases its less growing out of atheism as existential dread starting to creep in and making people cling to something.

Beyond what science can explain is pretty much God. It always has been. That edge is quantum physics.

Your realism doesn't make you understand the rules of the universe that explain photon scattering, entanglement, and whatever the fuck they're finding out at CERN. The rules they discover are mathematically batshit. It's an experimental discipline by necessity because there's no logical Newtons laws to explain everything.

Humanity is pushing the boundary of 'why mass' and 'how mass' and answering the photon questions from 75 years ago opened only more questions that kind of require other fucking dimensions to explain mathematically.

If you don't see God in the rules that govern the universe, you're a newb. I'm not too sure about the timeline of quantum theory, but it's safe to say shits gotten 100x crazier than the guy building that first bomb could imagine.

Yeah I'm sure right after establishing the uncertainty principle, Catholicism just sprang unbidden from his mind.

another sublime contribution

> It also shows how everyone,

something < *ALL* are saved, clearly as the Word states

and rightly so.

You're parents must have forced you every Sunday

who cares just believe what you want just dont push it on other people and dont be a dick about it
>but i live in a country where they kill me if I dont praise the word of God
then sorry mate

>Yeah I'm sure right after establishing the uncertainty principle, Catholicism just sprang unbidden from his mind.

Cath. or Christianity?

wow so deep im convinced yeah. god is real. he's speaking to me right now in my head telling me to kill my parents because they're the devil.

some
i quickly refused, and she didnt put up much of a fight

I later rediscovered it freely, the right way

which reply do you refer

Atheism has been around for 2000 years. You don't grow out of it.

>2016+1
>still getting into arguments about religion with strangers on the internet

When Trump won

I suddenly realised nihilism lost, and everyone around me seemed disgusting to me all of a sudden

how many 2k year olds are there?
some people do and some dont dont
some never encounter it

some never embrace anything except it

no
"debate" at the very worst
have fun at reddit

God is as credible as kek itself or the almighty Cthulhu. None of them was ever seen.

>"buh buh you didnt saw dem therefore you cant say they dont exist"

My neighbor is a werewolf. He turns indoors at every full moon. Eat shit church fags!

>*were ever seen

Most people seem to grow out of atheism thought.

How do you parse that with your worldview?

are you ok?

Honestly I just picked one out of a hat, it's all the same fucking stupid.

yoga and the writings of Crowley on mysticism

I started as an atheist (not in any strong sense but when prompted to consider it I realised that I was)

I then became a 'militant rationalist' after discovering Dawkins and Hitchens

then discovered buddhism and yoga, became vegan and abstinent for about a year

yoga changes your perspective to consider irrational and supernatural things and I think I was just naturally repelled for not being ready for it so I went back to atheism for about two years

then discovered Crowley's writings on mysticism and yoga, became satanist

went from satanist to gnostic, then from gnostic to pagan, to finally reconciling the idea that god is the most important thing

I always believed in a god since the satanism, but it wasn't the most important thing

now it is

Anyone else struggling with spiritual autism should practice yoga every day and listen to Jordan B Peterson talk about how the irrational actually matters.

There is more to life that is irrational before there is anything rational, and the substance or constitution of what you effects how you perceive the world. Your mind is connected to irrational things, your consciousness can be transcended so deeply that it can fundamentally change. I recommend mediating and studying raja yoga to understand.

Of course (((heisenberg))) wants you to return to (((christianity))).

This might be true.

The universe is ordering and aligning itself strangely. The nihilist hipsters who totally GET the universe, like Nate Silver, are wrong about everything, everywhere.

It's very strange. Statistically they should win occasionally.

Research these terms and practice them in order if you want answers. All the prophets did this in some form, yoga is the science that has spent he most time perfecting it. The terms, in order, are:

Asana
Yama & Niyama
Pranayama
Pratyahara
Dharana
Samadhi

Each one is perfected in order and transforms your consciousness into something that cannot be properly articulated into language, you have to experience it for yourself.

They are basically:
>Asana
Preparing the body for meditation. This could be anything as long as it can be held for a long time. The best postures for meditation involve keeping the spine erect and in alignment.

>Yama & Niyama
Continences. Abstain from things that excite. Traditional practices have been very specific but really everyone is different. If you can meditate immediately after eating or smoking or having sex then maybe that's okay for you.

>Pranayama
Twofold. Practice maximising your intake and outtake of breath, exaggerate it. This is the first part, the second is to simply notice your breath without affecting it in anyway whatsoever. Simply 'notice' it, the intake, the outtake, and any natural pauses that may occur.

>Pratyahara
This is the first one that will seem odd to people that have never experienced it consciously, but it's like sleep. It basically means shutting off the senses and all external perception. Master each preceding stage and the next stage will always come eventually. When you experience it, you will notice that your reality is entirely composed of your mind. It is obviously effected by objective reality, but in attaining dharana you learn that every aspect of reality that you experience without exception is a hologram created by your brain. This is where it gets weird. The next stage basically involves becoming aware that even though all your reality is a hologram, there is still yet an 'unknown outside' beyond your conscious perception.

covered this already, have fun over at reddit with the other guy

Except belief in the Risen Christ has changed the world more than any other force in history, and there are miracles happening to this day. Miracle of the sun and the Fatima revelations are two fairly big ones that have happened in the last century alone.

Not an argument.

>it's all the same fucking stupid.

nah

A...are you implying one of the greatest Nazis to ever live is a Jewish user?

Damn right. Le upvote.

*tips fedora*

See you in r/christianity

and?

All christians follow the jew book

ok????

Deist here, have you accepted the greater context yet user?

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

well its 2 books, The book of the Father, and the latter book of the Son

go on

last month, literally

Wait are you seriously arguing for that someone actually got resurrected?
Makes me happy knowing that i'll never be this autistic.

There is a religious belief shaped hole in almost everyone's mind. And it's gaping, inviting. I liked how Lawrence Krauss put it on Joe Rogan show. The monkey who believed there is a lion behind every moving bush survived, and now there is a God lion hiding behind every unanswered question bush.

Jews with fanfiction

Fatima was only accepted by the clergy due to the money/recognition pilgrims started bringing with them. They actually changed their opinion once they saw the increased income potential.

I do like the church though. Im pretty much an old /r9k/ tier robot, therefore I appreciate when they uphold their puritan ways onto others. I like it because Im envious. My dream is to have a zealot come to power that bans condoms. The American equivalent would be having Mike Huckabee along with Pence banning all birth control methods.