How did this album predict the themes, social and political climate of the 21st century?

how did this album predict the themes, social and political climate of the 21st century?

>technological advancement leading to social alienation
>the rise heavily intertwined politics into society
>media induced paranoia
it's hard to name a more prolific album than this one.

You didnt have to be smart to see all that shit coming.
There's plenty of us who did, way before this album

but this album is a succinct and concise presentation of what was to come.

It came out in 1997, it didn't predict the 21st century it was basically produced in the 21st century

it "basically" was but it actually wasn't

OP is probably 15. ICQ, AIM, BBS, usenet, IRC were all readily available by 1997. It was glorious, no normies... a pure, wholesome nerd kingdom.

I was 5 in 1997

When anonymity actually meant something....

Dont put any faith in any musician band actor or celebrity of any kind they are all whores one way or another.
Great album though 10/10

Most overrated band and album of the 90s. You have to be 5 to be impressed with it. Glad the Radiohead fad is over finally.

This. Thom Yorke is a pretty interesting character, but he thinks Brexit was evil, Trump is Hitler, and refugees are welcome to come into his asshole.

I remember in some poll it was ranked the most inoffensive band to say you were a fan of. I think that represents it best.

Didn't he just play Israel?

Every radiohead fan I've met is an awful person that tries to be socially awkward and frail like Johnny Greenwood and Thom "fuck my ass" Yorke.

The music isn't even emotive. Fuck

"Fans" just name drop that album, like op did. Notice how they rarely can name a song, much less quote a line of lyrics.

great album but it reflected the climate of 1997 you are just too young to know.

>op is probably 15

what brings you to that conclusion? they were in the right time of human civilization to write how they felt about those sort of programs you mentioned. the album's title is a reference to an old sci-fi television series so its not like they thought they were the only ones on that train of thought. what is amazing is how they were able to capture what everyone else was feelign at the time.

Dude futurists in like the fucking 40's already predicted this shit. Radiohead is great but that album didn't push any new ideas conceptually

Brings a tear to a glass eye

readi already know that but has an album captured something as abstract as the human zeitgeist as accurately as ok computer did?

It used to be like that, people would say it to pretend they were listening to higher brow music than the oasis types.
That changed once Radiohead started putting out more eclectic albums
Nowadays I find it to be the exact opposite any time I mention Radiohead people love telling me how shit and boring they are

No. Isreal played him!

"Please, could you stop the noise? I'm trying to get some rest
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head." There you go user.

>Nowadays I find it to be the exact opposite any time I mention Radiohead people love telling me how shit and boring they are

well thats because their last good ablum was 16 years ago and since than they have become coldplay for people that dont want to admit they would like coldplay

i don't understand, ok computer has such a prolific stature within the music industry, no one's going to care if you say you like ok computer because normally the response would be "who doesn't?". and i didnt name drop it, i wanted to discuss it because im listening to it and it's obviously related politically and socially.

I love radiohead but hate their politics.
They are political lemmings.

you don't have to agree with someone to acknowledge they raise some strong points.

>they have become coldplay
fuck off.
some producer created coldplay after hearing radiohead.
get out nigger.

>you don't have to agree with someone to acknowledge they raise some strong points.
I would rather their politics be as innovative as their music. It just isn't.

Such a lazy opinion
Kid A (2000) 9/10
Amnesiac (2001) 8/10
Hail to the Thief (2003) 7/10
In Rainbows (2007) 10/10
The King of Limbs (2011) 7/10
A Moon Shaped Pool (2016) 9/10
Go listen to In Rainbows and come back later

yes and since than radiohead have become coldplay nothing but pop shit what do you not understand
its hard to believe the same band that made ok computer/kid a made fucking in rainbows

>fucking in rainbows
wasn't popular
therefore not coldplay
eat my ass

Because anyone who's smart can predict those general assumptions given current history