Old-School Raving

Thoughts on raves in the 90s, before they became vid related? I was born '95, anyone come of age during those times? What was it like? I go to underground parties looking for those feelings, sometimes they happen, I don't grind, no drugs (for me anyway), just to dance and release energy.

youtu.be/wX8kRL9_DiM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZclaXQWVRCg
soundcloud.com/dancing-astronaut-mixes/hsmf17-official-mixtape-series-4-saymyname-da-exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=9uSWfQzjahY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcl5UaFDtM
youtu.be/AdPbPbQFZsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=l_RfediFJFQ
youtu.be/TjIPzyVlK60
youtu.be/ZGNOFDNY39w
youtu.be/mjQ3jQtFu-k
youtu.be/K5iiEybdq6o
youtube.com/watch?v=JlN-be7S_t4
youtube.com/watch?v=BqsHNEuaSCI
youtube.com/watch?v=c639hksrUzU
youtube.com/watch?v=CyzDJDTEApo
youtu.be/LVWYNk7k05Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jhTpRKA_qvY
youtube.com/watch?v=xGPjonxrUYc
youtube.com/watch?v=MMEQZGOQQFE
youtube.com/watch?v=cobNdJKmaBA
youtu.be/btzdX7pMjaA
youtu.be/V2VmcuOEqEg
youtu.be/Q93L1IOAOXk
youtu.be/LnKBNWOVL0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QRlZQRRGD8o
youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9q1ScC4cg
youtube.com/watch?v=kk4GP50RyWI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Izy1trNv1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're a faggot. go away.

>>>/mu

raves without drugs..the fuck is wrong with you? I hate raves but having to participate in one without mdma and stimulants sounds like pure hell to me.

But you guys had some of the best ones though :(

youtu.be/ZclaXQWVRCg

No, I just dance like mad, jump around, thrash around, whatever. A glove show after 5 straight hours of intense dance is really surreal

sweaty faggot fests

>thoughts on x?

fuck off niggerfaggot, go blow a donkey.

>no drugs (for me anyway), just to dance and release energy.
then you're the type of loser that eventually infected and ruined the scene. True decent rave's were but dead around 2002/2003 with anything after that trash

soundcloud.com/dancing-astronaut-mixes/hsmf17-official-mixtape-series-4-saymyname-da-exclusive

It was organic. Your generation will never have these things because you are try hards. You also try to steal ideas from everyone else instead of making new things.

>Thoughts on x political phliosophy, speech same pics and talking points

Don't see a difference man

Like drugs enriched the scene any

How can anything organic come out of this century's society thus far?

I'll check it out, troll or no

watch an old movie called go. or one big trip.

I prefer old school mosh pits.

>Like drugs enriched the scene any
listen I know you're a fag and a baby but drugs literally created the scene, the entire rave movement began with people doing drugs not spergs 'releasing energy dancing'

Say that to the old burnouts hustling for Molly at parties now. Not denying that drugs were a factor, but the positive energy of that time made people truly want to move too

i like the music and the dancers that are GOOD, which is extremely rare. Usually it's just poorly executed liquid pop that is cringe to watch.

example of the good stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=9uSWfQzjahY

P L U R
L
U
R

interestingly I'm from Bulgaria but oldskool rave from the period of 1990-1993 has helped me to survive in this corrupt rapist shithole, this UK oldskool rave/hardcore/breakbeat music and festivals like Fantazia and Dreamscape were like the last massive outburst of positive energy that western civilization gave to the world i'm even storing that music in a dvd so i can restore it after the final war

>muh gen x
>secret locations, abandoned warehouses
>candy ravers take over
>ghb + booze= overdoses
>antirave laws and undercover cops
>plur kids make it special time for autists
>edc and pepsi take over
The End

CHECK EM

What's a plur? I'm a pard, remember that XD

Fucking smeagol at 3:39

i love metal, but seriously i never understood this. They just look like a bunch of roleplaying faggots

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.

A vomitous spin off from rainbow gatherings.

I hate when they get overly hippy at events, especially with those fake, twerking, binky wearing faggots that could give a fuck less

gee let me take the word of some gay ass faggy little shit who wasn't there or you know remember the experience as it occurred having actually taken part in it. Are you literally retarded son?

pretty succinct and on point

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the effect of booking economies, the end of the cold war, the resurgence of Western prestige, and the color revolutions to deduce a positive trend in society. Quit bitching and recount your experiences.

It was like this mate fucking awesome. This is a Scottish one

>I'm the one in white.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcl5UaFDtM

total sausage fest

still happens in berlin if you have friends who know where to find underground venues
but you're obviously not going to find out about them on the internet of all things

They were still good in the mid 2000's, just not in stadiums and shit anymore.

Plenty of warehouse parties still, though.

Ah, the good ol' cuddle puddles

No, doesn't seem that way. 19hz.info is a decent site for the US, but it's difficult otherwise. Would love to go to Berlin, real technos my absolute favorite to trance to

>rainbow gatherings

good times

>real techno
youtu.be/AdPbPbQFZsQ
My hardest acid trip

youtube.com/watch?v=l_RfediFJFQ

F U C K
U
C
K

I'd be losing a couple pounds to that

I miss the old hardcore. Sadly it almost died when groups like gabbertje made fun of the scene were they act and scream like 12 year olds. Old Dutch fags member. I still listen to old hardcore/hardstyle from time to time, makes me all sentimental and nostalgic and shit.

90s raves were a good time, full of misplaced innocence and adventure. They weren't the "night club raves" we had now. There was a culture of free expression and a disregard of the governments over reaching arm. WACO was still fresh in our minds and everyone knew the government wasn't our buddy unlike these SJW ravers that want free everything. Plur was still real. The E was real and not these Chinese RCs that have flooded the scene. The music was generally fun and uplifting, not like this angry metal like bro-step these days.

Oh shit i forgot how hxc kinda melded in there somewhere. The antithesis of kandi.
>muh straight edge

Often times you had to call a number and go to a location where they then gave you directions to the actual party. So there was always a Zelda like element of having to complete a mission to even arrive at the party.

Always go to Raves without drugs, you are there to get pussy.

Like this?

youtu.be/TjIPzyVlK60

>thrash
You mean autism punching?

1992 was the height

youtu.be/ZGNOFDNY39w

Sometimes, other times thrashing means rolling on the floor, rapid body jerking, and general jumping around. I dance like a coked up autist, I own it.

I've been thinking of learning flamenco to steady my movement.

youtu.be/mjQ3jQtFu-k

Despite this, I've been told I can be graceful when need be, my joy is inside anyway.

youtu.be/K5iiEybdq6o

i hate this so much.

Feel the love user

If I hear another electro house track, if I have to restrain my dancing on a dancefloor so as not to hit someone's beer or cell phone one more time, I think I'm gonna rupture a nut in rage.

bump

can you share some on this thread? I'm actually quite interested

youtube.com/watch?v=JlN-be7S_t4

youtube.com/watch?v=BqsHNEuaSCI

youtube.com/watch?v=c639hksrUzU

any Belgian posters here?

Was a raver through the entire decade of the nineties. I've been to hundreds, never did drugs at any of them. It was all about the people, the music, and the dancing. Then the people started getting shittier and shittier. Then the music started getting shittier and shittier. Then I stopped going.

Holy shit, I think I just described getting old.

Degenerate, It's either orchestra's or Sabaton Mosh Pits

youtube.com/watch?v=CyzDJDTEApo

Wow, you are such a faggot.

I'm 42 now. The rave scene in the early 90s was about half-and-half - half of the people were on a variety of drugs, half were not. I was one of the latter.
Honestly, the best "rave" I ever was ever at was in a high school gym in Toledo Ohio in the spring of 93. I was finishing high school at the time and went to the state "thespian" conference... or whatever it was called. Basically just a bunch of high school drama kids.
It was a dance that happened on one of the nights of the conference - one of those "it-will-keep-the-kids-busy-until-they-get-tired" sort of things that happen after the regularly scheduled programming. I don't know who the dj was that they hired, but he was on fire.
Anyway, it turned into a this amazing thing - organically. They tried to recreate the vibe with that weird dance scene they put in Matrix 2 (but this event was 98% white kids ;) It had a powerful sexual charge to it (teenagers relatively unsupervised), but it was somehow completely innocent. On the surface, it was a bunch of sweaty white kids jumping and dancing around together, but it was... i dont know how to articulate it without sounding like a fag... spiritual, maybe is the word. That word is overused, but a fits. Not a single person on drugs, by the way. Purely organic, the way our ancestors used to roll.
I hit the rave scene hard when I went to college, but never recreated that moment. Too many drugs fucking things up.
By the mid to late 90s, you couldn't walk 20 feet at a rave without some 15 year-old asking if you had some X/acid/blow.
It was a brief moment in the 90s (don't get me wrong because I mentioned the pinnacle, some of the other raves I went to were amazing), but it faded. It was simple bad parenting, in my opinion - "why the fuck is your 15-year-old at an abandoned warehouse asking me for ecstasy at 4AM" - but like I said, I'm old.

Agreed. I miss it. Also miss the deep house club scene in NYC before it was ruined. I'm female and I used to wear sneakers and jeans to go dance all night long, sometimes with friends, sometimes by myself. There was no pressure to dress up like a whore. Ended up at some weird ass after parties. Those were the days.

Anyone in this thread listen to tunes like this? I wish DnB would return to this once more

Fuck yeah thunderdome! Dj weirdo and buzz fuzz are the fucking shit. Makes me happy to see this shit on Sup Forums.

youtu.be/LVWYNk7k05Y

I fucking hate these people. If you play a set for some good times, we don't need this shit. If noisias dead limit shows up, i could give a shit about the person next to me is dying. It's that good of a tune

Its still fun but its become commercialized super hard. And back in the 90's the dj's weren't yelling "PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP" OR "3 2 1 GO" into the mic every song.

I was club kid in the 90s. I was good friends with Michael Alig, the guy Machauly Caulkin played in Party Monster. I lived with him for 6 months and was questioned about the murder.
youtube.com/watch?v=jhTpRKA_qvY

Guess I could learn to fist pump up and down repetitively, get some plastic sunglasses and an Adidas tank top, then nofap for a week to get a snapchat some orange asses at Tiesto, you got a point :^| ...

youtube.com/watch?v=xGPjonxrUYc

Thanks for your story, that's the feeling I'm looking for!

I dress up in snakeskin cowboy boots myself, great for making noise and sliding on the floor. I listen to shit like this (learned about the first from an article on the NYC underground techno scene with Frankie Bones). Fuck hands-up shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMEQZGOQQFE
youtube.com/watch?v=cobNdJKmaBA

I have never gone into an event without getting compliments on the boots... The only fashion I really give a shit about when I'm the floor

i have heard stories from older guys about the raves here in Sweden. it involved a lot of of drugs and most of them where in the middle of the woods.

youtu.be/btzdX7pMjaA

Good set by modern DJ's

youtu.be/V2VmcuOEqEg

Shit set from a modern DJ

youtu.be/Q93L1IOAOXk

youtu.be/LnKBNWOVL0Q

Notice something?

Drugs will always be part of the raves.

Your mom was a raver slut, wasn't she OP?

That's actually pretty cool

Im pretty much a retard from all the drug use ar raves in the 90s

Now im a 35yr NEET thats HIV+

I wish I never went to a rave

better music then, proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=QRlZQRRGD8o

Old fag here, I remember the late 80s, ecstasy was sold at bars and was legal.

seems like the mixing might not be real in the shit sets, that 2nd guy doesnt have his headphones on when he is "mixing", and I think that the quality of the mc and how much they talk really affects how enjoyable the set is for me.

lmao damn son. sucks to suck. good luck with that shit

don't share rigs, goober

The ones in the woods were great. But in ohio there were a lot if drugs at those too. The last rave I ever went to was in the woods near Cleveland. I finally caved and took the drugs I was offered, not sure what it was. They hit me wrong, so instead of dancing, I just sat cross-legged on the dude's driveway and watched pieces of mulch crawl across the pavement like inchworms. "That's enough of that", I said to myself the next morning.
On to bigger and better things.

The MC's are either good (See first video) or ruin the vibe from a good set (See third video)

Too bad the states will never have these great things and instead get EDC and tommorowland

No actually, she's a straight-arrow churchgoing type that was in the military until she became a nurse. She did turn into a biker during her midlife crisis, and it actually suits her well.

I got into the scene after experiencing crippling boredom in my small Southern town, where vid related is dominant and top 40:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9q1ScC4cg

I went to a shit club in Birmingham, AL when they had a "paint rave", underage girls everywhere along with thugs. The surreal nature of it drew me in and synced with my sense of solitude, so I kept doing it.

top tune

Did anyone else catch the last wave of NYC progressive/deep house before it petered out in 02ish? Burridge, Howells, Cattaneo, Warren, etc.? The best parties were some of the smaller ones at Filter14.

Sweet style inspo senpai.

yes

>[desire to know more intensifies]
Let your testimony serve as a warning to the younger generations lest they fall into the same pitfalls that led you to this result, user.

What type of music did you listen to at these raves? Acid house?

>I went to a shit club in Birmingham, AL when they had a "paint rave", underage girls everywhere along with thugs.
>underage girls everywhere along with thugs
yeaah, sounds like coalburnerbama alright

I might try pure molly once, to see, but IDK man, especially after . Outdoor raves sound interesting, but free tekkno parties might be where I have to draw the line:

youtube.com/watch?v=kk4GP50RyWI

It's my thing, and those boots last forever. It only takes about $50-60 to repair the soles maybe two times per year.

Back in the day things were great! People had money and buy stuff. You could even hear music!

So you're gay?

>*could buy

faggot KYS. MDMA is the best drug

lmao being a superficial sex fiend and spreading HIV instead of just chilling on mdma and enjoying the good tunes kill yourself fucking faggot.

This house is progressive

If you did hit a rave that had Frankie bones or Richie hawtin then you missed the whole scene. Same for Adam Beyer old school

What about this rave? This one is from 1989:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Izy1trNv1k

They sure were :)

All of them wore oversize white shirts with those slits on the edges so they could glow under blacklight, short shorts squishing their asses like ballet leotards, garish shades of nail polish, plastic-looking faux-Jordan sneakers, you know it! I must admit I was grinding with a few people, I was scaredI wouldn't get in the door.

That club has closed now, it turned VIP and threw all the teenie boppers out since it made moolah from being the monopoly on the 18+ market in town.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine when DJs mix their sets in the red, I have to cover my ears sometimes. Especially with repetitive music, the subtle melodies prevent you from getting tired.