Why has society conditioned obese people to believe that surgery is the only real option to loose weight?

Why has society conditioned obese people to believe that surgery is the only real option to loose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/488087-what-if-i-eat-too-much-if-ive-had-gastric-bypass/
psychologytoday.com/blog/you-illuminated/201108/7-reasons-we-cant-turn-down-fast-food
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lose*
loose is the skin after the surgery

False. The correct response is SAGE

>Why lazy obese people only want to lose weight the easy way?

same reason it convinced mentally iill faggots surgically removing their penises is the only option to treat their disorder

they are people born in families without proper nutrition culture and fitness culture. add family violence and other poverty drama and you have dysfunctional adults.

this fat fuck literally makes me want to vomit
>sage

>poverty
Basically this. Poverty sucks ass and without proper hobbies (because they all cost money) you can only watch TV and eat food as a "hobby".

>it costs money to walk outside

my uncle got a gastric bypass and despite this he continued to eat as much as he possibly could. decreasing the amount you can eat doesn't stop you from smashing that pleasure center button in your brain.

boogie's gonna destroy his body even more after the surgery because he'll think it's a magic cure and he can continue to eat as much as he wants.

Jezuz, people allow doctors to fuck up their critical organs instead of not eating for a month. What the fucking fuck. Pigs.

capitalism teaches you that with money comes quick fixes

I fucking hate fat people and wish death upon them.

fpbp also sage

>tfw my tax dollars are going to go toward this fat fuck when his bypass

>livestrong.com/article/488087-what-if-i-eat-too-much-if-ive-had-gastric-bypass/

>Your new stomach likely is walnut-sized and holds about 1 tbsp. of food. If all goes well, later it will hold about 1 cup of food, much less than the 4 cups a normal stomach can contain. Your doctor will monitor your condition so you can gradually increase the solidity of the foods you eat. You’ll progress from liquids to pureed or ground foods to soft solids to solids. From the start, you must limit your food intake to whatever your doctor recommends. Eat slowly to give your body time to realize your stomach is full.

>Your doctor will give you specific dietary recommendations concerning the amounts and types of foods you should eat. After a post-surgery fasting period of a day or so, you will be restricted to room-temperature liquids to allow your stomach to recuperate from the surgery. If you eat too much during this period, you could interfere with the healing process and possibly rupture the staple line in your stomach.

>[A] FASTING PERIOD OF A DAY OR SO
>IF YOU EAT TOO MUCH DURING THIS PERIOD
>YOU COULD [...] RUPTURE THE STAPLE LINE IN YOUR STOMACH

There is no way Boogie is gonna not die from this procedure.

Because the medical establishment doesn't wants to admit that they fucked up nutrition forever.

Sugar is worse than cocaine, carbs give you diabetes. Fat is healthy, even saturated fat. The food pyramid is a scam.

If they backtrack on that, the public will realize that everything is a lie.

please tell me that the last part is fake

this fat fuck is an F grade sociopath

>im so fat that I can't walk, so instead of dieting for a month or two, I'm going to turn my stomach into a literal egg so I can get full in like two bites of food
>And I will probably have to get all of this difficult surgery re-done after I loose the weight and probably just regain it over time

Fuck this gay earth

My mom had gastric bypass surgery. She basically has a rubber band around her colon.

She can't eat much now. If she eats virtually any solid food, she vomits. This happens every time we go out to eat. And it ruins our outings when I visit her.

She lost 30 pounds (at least, that's what she said; she could be lying), then started to gain it back up again. She doesn't do any work-out. She blames her tearing her ACL but she can still move. She has to play on the Wii U, or at least walk on occasion. Something.

You need to move and work out to lose weight. You can't just get surgery and then sit back and let your weight lose itself. You have to keep a consistent diet and exercise routine, which Boogie doesn't and won't have.

Walking outside in poverty suck ass too m8

Violence everywhere. You can only lose. If you aren't social other kids will beat you up, because they think you think you are better than them. If you are social and even invite them in your house they will get jealous because you have something nice. There are no friends or loyalty in poverty, only jealousy and backstabbing cunts.

Others have no boundaries and no manners. No concept of privacy. There is literally nothing to do, just watch TV. Or be social and participate in theft, violence, alcoholism and all the other poor people stuff until you land in prison.

Money in surgery. No money in eating less. Guess which lobby has more money to throw at social engineering.

All that overeating rotted their brain. Some fucks think money grows on trees and don't consider that people are forced to pay taxes in order to fund the care for their fucking fat asses.

Fat people should up and kill themselves. Fastest and cheapest way to lose weight.

boogie will back down from getting the surgery. mark my fucking words.

>fat is healthy
I don't think anyone has argued against that. It's the specific types of fats that n excess that are bad, since our bodies can synthesize some on their own.
But could you please elaborate?

Humankind has been subsisting primarily on carbs since the dawn of agriculture (aka the entirety of civilization). You can be perfectly healthy on a carb-based diet, you just have to eat properly sized portions and get exercise.

When you are morbidly obese I guess a gastric bypass is sometimes the only thing that is really going to help. Really fat people, obese people, don't simply have too much body fat, they are not physically fit and cannot put the strain on themselves to follow through with the exercise required for them to lose weight effectively.

Society has not "conditioned" this, it is the corporations that shove unhealthy food down people's throats in the name of profit that have enabled this. On the one side we could castigate these people for being great consumerist hogs, but the corporations obviously don't want to do that. They want people to buy their crap food. Which is why fat acceptance is on the rise. Corporations WANT fat people to be accepted so that they can continue shoveling their bullshit. On the other hand, if Americans are finally taught things about nutrition and health, the corporations would panic.

>not using the poverty as a means of training to fight and live
>not fighting with other kids since the age of 10 just for fun
>not getting arrested at 14 for nearly killing another by smashing a bottle over his head and spending 2 years in juvie where you get your teeth kicked in and laugh at the gays there
>not beating up nerds and threatening jocks at school by bringing a knife and getting expelled
for stealing some girl's bra from their locker rooms
>not skipping highschool eductaion
if it wasnt for poverty my life would have been boring as fuck
Btw never knew my dad and mom was a literal drunkard whore and proud of it

>But could you please elaborate?
He could be referring to the ketogenic diet.

doesn't matter when they cut him open they won't be able to keep everything from flowing out like mt st Helens pyroclastic flow.

he dies on the table. can't wait.

but the other option takes willpower and hard work, you evil nazi!

this

He will pop out like that cow in Tristam.

is it okay to water fast with that much mass? isn't it better to deop weight slower?

Yeah, that's the problem. Doesn't take much food to just sit around and survive. Boogie will sure as hell try to eat as many calories as possible while complaining that he can't move.
"Oh no, I'm trying but I can only eat ice cream without throwing up!"
"My condition has made it nearly impossible to be active for the last 6 months."

You might like that stuff if you are social.

For an antisocial introvert like me being surrounded by social people is a nightmare.

And sadly people in poverty are far more social. They interact with each other all the time. In wealthier societies everyone keeps to himself.

Its both society abd corporations whobare at fault. They enable each other. Western culture glamorizes over consumption, nihilism and decadence, which is both the fault of a morally corrupt society, and the corporations born within it that take advantage of societys ignorance and poor choices.

Social responsibility doesnt exist at either the corporate or cultural level anymore.

>be me, overweight as fuck
>mother tells me I'm a fat, useless piece of shit
>cut out soda completely, daily 1,500 calorie limit
>feel hungry, just drink fuck ton of water
>lose 80 pounds
>mom now calls me a useless piece of shit

Boogie is pathetic.

Because why do it yourself when you can pay someone else to do it for you?

it's amazing how he's managed to convince himself that the surgery and the recovery is actually harder than just stop eating like a pig

not specifically

fat is necessary for healthy brain function and omega-3s found in shit tons of natural foods (animals and plants alike) have immense amounts of health benefits

fat is an important part of diet also because it helps keep you feel full and satisfied longer than high-carb low-fiber foods. That is: food containing lots of sugar and simple carbohydrates that the body breaks down into sugar. Pair fats with fiber (a carbohydrate the body can neither digest nor break down into sugar) and protein and you'll be pretty fukkin healthy m8. Avocado is a good example because it has all three and low net carbs (

Killing your mom was probebly easier. I thought Americans were more capitalistic than your sorry ass.

>they can't backtrack on the food pyramid
The food pyramid doesn't even exist any more, they already back tracked on it.
>carbs give you a diabeetus
not carbs in general just sugar and particularly processed sugars with a fast absorption rate.
>you can be perfectly healthy on a carb-based diet, you just have to eat properly and get exercise
Typically that was all the exercise needed to farm the food in the first place.

Sugar, fat, and starch are all additive and ironically especially so for people with sedentary lifestyles. If people actually exercise then they actually crave more healthy foods to supply the necessary vitamins and minerals to supply an active lifestyle.
People who are already fat and sedentary always crave empty fat sugar and salt like they're about to go into hibernation for the winter.

you have to be one special kind of retard if you can't count calories, or one hell of a slob if you can't be arsed

>believe that surgery is the only real option

I was anti-sociel before 10
I literally never spoke to anyone even when asked and just hid in my room the whole day to avoid everyone. My moms firends though I was mute or retarded when she forced me to meet them

Srsly if I find those crusty old cunts some day ill no joke dismember them

Anyone I think moral of story is that antisocial behavor is self-harm and you should harm others not yourself because they deserve it not you and shyness is just being a weak fag

in my knowledge, the only problem with dropping weight quickly when morbidly obese is the amount of excess skin you will have to have surgically removed and the scars that remain afterwards.

you can pick up a guitar for a few bucks, then you have a hobby for life. hobbies don't cost money, they however require time, effort and dedication

I was on 84 Kg 2 months ago, and iI'm 1.70m tall, and I'm on 72.7 kgs now and dropping more. I can tell you enough how easy it is having a scale and controlling my weight once a week, sometimes I go down 100 grams and sometimes I go down another kilo. but I never go up. it's best damn thing. Also having a spreadsheet where I control my goal and progress

that's what I meant

No point when you're a lanklet like me.
Work at Walmart a couple of summers and you'd probably become an anorexic

they are mentally ill, their brain's reward systems have been damaged over the years. They are mentally incapable of stopping, they need to shovel good tasting things into their face at all times.

I just wanna pop in to say im down almost 60lbs because of these threads. Thanks for the initial inspiration, i almost have my life back, got another 20 to lose

sry dude, thought you were asking if it was dangerous

gg burger

He's just a fat lazy shit who wants the easy way out

>how can i blame everyone but myself (including the tv which I can easily walk away from) for my own morbidly obese fatass?

So if they're living in poverty it should be a lot easier to not eat 1 day a week and thus maintain their weight. There's literally no excuse for morbidly obese people in the "ghetto."

Personal accountability.

/fit/ here

we've been following him for awhile.

he's severely mentally ill, in denial, and has (had? theyre getting separated supposedly) a feeder/enabler wife who got fat herself (and is probably cheating on him)

surgery can help if you actually stick to the program, but I don't have any faith he can. He's been the same weight for at least 5+ years of being on youtube, nothing is going to change now.

>Anyone I think moral of story is that antisocial behavor is self-harm and you should harm others not yourself because they deserve it not you and shyness is just being a weak fag
You don't get it. I'm not shy because I want to harm myself. It's just that I really, really fucking hate people.

>literally disfigure your organs instead of stop eating 10 pizzas a day
>our society says this is normal

how did this happen

desu if you go grocery shopping at any big chain and you look at the produce section, most of what's being sold is either wilting or straight up rotting

meanwhile places like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's (and other smaller businesses) have higher quality selections and vegetables that taste good but at twice to three times the cost.

that's not to say that you can't buy frozen veggies and live off of dried beans and rice, but even if you cut off the influence of our shitty media that shoves McDonald's and sugary colas down our throats, it's easy to see why people are reluctant about eating healthy.

oh yeah isn't some black guy living with them? fucking kek

Share methods. What did you do differently?

the system enables it, 1 year in a fat prison where hes forced to eat a proper meal and he would lose all that weight.

there's a black guy who is friends with them but she's not cheating with him. he's 100% a flaming homo from the pictures i saw, but I don't remember his name to look them up again

>muh wilting
The crispness of lettuce is a function of temperature, not age. The "wilty" lettuce is perfectly fine. Just needs to be cooled down a couple of degrees from what the store keeps it at in the display and it will be crispy again.

fyi that chart is bullshit and there is no proof any of that is accurate.

he said he "might" be at the weight his doctor wanted him to be by the time surgery rolled around and that surgery has a weight limit of 600 lbs.

>if you go grocery shopping at a big chain, there's so much snack foods! like OMG!

And no one's forcing you to buy junk food. That doesn't even address my question. I "fast" one day a week as a financially comfortable person with more than enough money to drop on groceries.

What stops a poor person from literally just not eating for a day to maintain a healthy body weight? It costs nothing. Answer the question.

It's surprisingly real, the video is even more infuriating because he's a Geordie.

Kill yourself

I just think it's amazing that they can reach 4-6k calories every day, holy shit that is some dedication.

>It's just that I really, really fucking hate people.
same too always hav
the hate just builds up and you either go antisocial becus no direction to vent it or you actualy vent it on others
its better to vent and act on it that keep it to self if you ask me
ur gonna die eventually so why should you let ur hate for people stop you from doing whatever you like? Go outside and fuck up the first person who tries to push you into a corner with theior presence or whatver

At a certain point, lettuce won't be crisp anymore and water damage from the automatic spritzers make the texture of veggies slimy.

Submerging greens in a room-temp or cool water bath will rehydrate wilting lettuce to a point.

However, idiots don't know this.

It's actually science. Barely anyone can lose weight long term because of the hormonal changes that weight loss induces. Leptin injections would probably cure weight reduced people from the starvation hormonal makeup that results but they aren't allowed to be given.

ill snap ur childrens neck like a twig the first cchance I get

I'm just addressing a possible reason why people are reluctant to eat healthy. I am not in poverty and don't hang out with poor people so don't really have the experience to form an opinion on the matter, you turd.

Yeah really. I don't pay attention to what I eat at all and unless I drink a bunch of beer or something I would have to make an active effort to reach even 2000 a day

>Humankind has been subsisting primarily on carbs since the dawn of agriculture
When people shrank in height and became afflicted with all kinds of never before seen diseases.

Fuck fat people.

Been lifting natty for over 20 years and had a realization that losing weight without having to worry about losing muscle size and strength is retard easy.

>you can be healthy on a carb-based diet
Because you're probably eating mostly fiber.

No one can be healthy subsisting on sugar and simple carbohydrates.

The chart is from the weights he's talked about on youtube.

Wrong. You just don't know how to shop. Eating healthy is a lot cheaper than eating unhealthy on a calorie-for-calorie basis.

Same, although it was more the /fat/ threads on /fit/ and dumping my gains goblin/feeder gf.

I'm still a fatburger that was 100lbs overweight. Down to 50lbs overweight and should be at my goal by the end of the year.

A lot of it is education and poor upbringing. My parents divorced, so I was raised by a single mother who worked until 7 or 8pm, meaning my dinner was usually KFC, pizza, mcdonalds and other fast food because she was too tired to cook.

Even my doctor would give shitty advice because he isn't a trained nutritionist.

People who eat shit food eat shit food because they are fucking lazy and dumb. It's as simple as that. Taking a little extra time always makes for healthier and more delicious food.

For example you have that shitty Thanksgiving turkey meme where the niggers make fun of the white person's turkey for having less seasoning...but the reality is niggers are just dumb. They have to season their bird because they are impatient and cook it at too high a temperature. Instead of low and slow. The longer you cook something for without burning it (or drying it out), the more of the latent aromatics are being properly rendered and the more flavor you get.

Take a nice marbley chunk of beef, rub it with a little bit of salt and pepper, throw it in a pot with carrots, onions, potatoes, cook it nice and low for 3 hours and it's fucking delicious. Like nothing you can get at a restaurant. And it's perfectly healthy and will make you feel full and satisfied. You can feed yourself for several days for 10 bucks with it too.

And this is fire-and-forget too. So outside of the prep work you can just sit around on your ass playing vidya like you normally would anyway. As long as there is a restaurant industry to fall back on people will use it as a crutch.

if you are a lanklet you should too count. 2000 calories at least is needed for a male to gain weight. a typical dinner portion is about 500kcal

>Wrong. You just don't know how to shop. Eating healthy is a lot cheaper than eating unhealthy on a calorie-for-calorie basis.
>You
I know how to shop, faggot. I'm talking about American retards who don't and think eating healthy is expensive.

>The chart is from the weights he's talked about on youtube.
so you know its fake then.

Dude I'm not a fucking ape.

People who get violent over stupid, minimal things are fucking niggers and I hate them too.

You beat the things you love. I ain't beating random motherfuckers, I'm not gay.

it is not about eating healthy, that is the jew in all of this. it is about hitting the mark on calories. you can choose to eat a tiny chocolate bar and be hungry again after half an hour, or you can have a sandwich and be filled for a couple of hours and still have gotten the same amount of calories

Because self control obviously isn't an option for boogie the fat fuck who has been "trying to lose weight" for six fucking years

>She basically has a rubber band around her colon.

That's not gastric bypass, that's a lap band.
Lap band restricts the size of the upper portion of your stomach so that solid foods make you feel full much faster. It uses a sleeve with an inflatable fluid-filled balloon on the inside to squeeze the top 15% of the stomach so only a small portion of it can be used. Overeating causes vomiting, but liquids still pass freely (this is why people with new lap bands often receive liquid diets like protein shakes so they can get their required protein intake). You also get a small port under your skin where they can adjust the tightness of the band by adding/removing fluid with a syringe.

Lap band is reversible, gastric bypass is not.

Gastric bypass is where they cut away 2/3 of your stomach and attach a lower section of your intestines to the upper part.

This means 2 things:
1) Your stomach is now very tiny, and held together by staples.
2) Without the duodenum (upper part of your intestines), you absorb far less nutrition from food. This means you need MORE nutrients in the form of protein shakes and multivitamins, but normal food also provides FEWER CALORIES because you're missing the first step of digestion.

Gastric Bypass should be the VERY LAST RESORT for weight loss. Lap bands are usually sufficient for even the laziest of ham galaxies (hard to overeat if any volume of food over 1 cup makes you violently ill), and allows your real stomach to shrink in a healthy, natural way, and enforces good eating habits by associating large amounts of food with vomit.

People don't eat healthy because there are numerous things which make fast food more pleasurable than a good, healthy, home-cooked meal.

psychologytoday.com/blog/you-illuminated/201108/7-reasons-we-cant-turn-down-fast-food

Self control is a fucking meme.

Eating less when you can eat more, goes against the very nature of masculinity.

Doing more exercise, that's what the real trick is. Add 1-2 hours exercise every day and you can eat twice as a normal person. Enjoy.

These people aren't worth saving baka desu senpai.
>be me
>life sucks
>eat just to know I'm alive
>went a while without stepping on the scale
>knew I was getting fat, didn't care becuase life sucks
>babysitting for brother. Bathroom scale just sitting there, daring me to step up.
>HOLY FUCK 259, YOU FUCKING FAT SLOB HOW DID YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF.
>That was a few months ago. It was a call to action and I'm already down to 245.

>People who get violent over stupid, minimal things are fucking niggers and I hate them too.
sometimes u need to act like ape to remember how to live
plus theres nothing wrong if u smash a niggers head with a 2x4 whats wrong is that ur pussy ass not gonna do it meanwile braindead black apes who are in most cases extreme cowards fuck women and do whatever they want not becuz their violent but becuz nobody does anything to stop them

>You beat the things you love. I ain't beating random motherfuckers, I'm not gay.
Have fun with ur boring life then just dont cry in the end when ur too old to even do anything and u kiss the shotgun instead

he should just kill himself honestly like cmon dude look at yourself

>just eat what you want and everything will work out
it couldnt be more obvious you're a jew, you know that 99% of foods have no nutritional value whatsoever and no amount of exercise will fix that.

fuck forgot pic
still hope the swastika flag and pic serve as hint

Yes of course, because Boogie is the teeming definition of masculinity. Cmon now.

>Add 1-2 hours exercise every day and you can eat twice as a normal person. Enjoy.
I'd like to know what exercise burns 1000 calories an hour.

the only exercise that burns that much is intense swimming (850kc/h) intense fighting/martial arts (930kc/h) and running at 8 mph (over 1000 kc/h)

Running 8mph for 2 hours each day would destroy your knees.
Fighting on a daily basis would induce fight-club level injuries.
Swimming requires a pool that you can do laps in.

lol no, jogging a kilometre burns like 50 calories, that is hardly anything.
just losing weight is 90% diet

Someone post the video of his wife leaving him mid-stream

>*blocks your path*

"Who is you enabler? It is impossible to gain dat much weight if you stick to the diet plan"

I lost 20 lbs in 3 months just by excersize. Didn't change a thing about what I was eating, other than drinking more water. People who "Can't lose weight" are just lazy.