Did the audience clap at the end of Dunkirk when you wento to the movies?

I was told the american audience is more prone to give a round of applause at the end of the movies than Europeans?

Did it happen in you case with Dunkirk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c
youtube.com/watch?v=XXYij5JxC-M
youtube.com/watch?v=iEFhjHSVIHw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There were maybe 15-20 mostly senior white people in my showing. One teenage white girl looking bored out of her mind.

I cried that day.

>goingto the movies
Why give them money?

Well... basically because it tells a true story about how a bunch of white men fought against an occupying force, brave white men expressing heroism and patriotism.

No gender/race quotas, no kickass women, no jewish cocodrile tears.

In this day and age watching a movie who isn´t pandering Political Correctness , not to mention this movie was filmed to enjoy it at full capacity at the cinema.

Looks like a pagan symbol desu
Is Christopher Nolan /ourguy/ ?

because that's how capitalism works

>giving money to hollyjew
>ever

youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

Less clapping and more people waking up from a nap.

I went to my church which plays films on weekends. It's great.

No clapping, I did overhear one guy say that the nazis should've destroyed them on the beaches when they had the chance though.

The only movies I remember a lot of clapping was TDKR and TFA

Always remind people that the story as you have heard it was pure propaganda written by an American war correspondent in London at the time. While some civilians did use their own boats the majority were commandeered by Royal Navy Staff. Some much of this story is blatant propaganda from both sides to save face. The idea of spontaneous civil
participation originated in the U.S. in a poem called "Dunkirk: A Ballad"

Short Video but great watch for everyone interested about 7 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXYij5JxC-M

What's it to you? Why would you give a fuck about something as insignificant as clapping after a movie? Petty baby

It's an exaggeration, always has been, but a harmless and somewhat understandable stereotype. Americans clap in recognition of something being great/awesome.

A real world example would be the like when I went to see Freddy vs Jason on opening night, packed theater of 80's horror fans.

The scene where Freddy gets pulled out the nightmare and the girl taunts him with "Now welcome to MY world, bitch" before rolling away and revealing Jason standing there and the look of sheer terror on Freddie's face before Jason fucked his world up caused the audience to clap and cheer.

The audience clapped when I watched it last night, it's not particularly common in the UK I reckon but Dunkirk was stirring enough to warrant it

Clapping in front of a fucking screen is fucking retarded hollyshit only burgers can do this. Unfortunatly it's more and more a thing in Europe because we tend to adopte retardness of ameritard

That music scared the shit out of me as a kid

Fucking dunkirk, this is literally all the anglo's fault, absolutely everything that is happening right now must be laid at the feet of the english

It's not at the screen retard, it's to each other.

We make a little noise to signal to each other how much we collective enjoyed the experience we just shared.

Never understood why Euros were so autistic about this.

>running from your problems with digital entertainment
HAHAHA. You children never learn.

people dont care if you liked or not, make your own opinion on the movie and discuss it with people instead of clapping your hands like a retard

Obviously they do when everyone does it you fucking moron.

Of all the bits to chew on, good grief, spend your hate on more important things.

No.
But you could feel some people wanted to.
Overwhelmingly white audience when I went to see it in MK the other day (which was nice)
Few teenage girls there who seemed to enjoy it, even if that was just because of Tom Hardy.

Also only poor Americans do this, it's degenerate and should be shamed.

I've never heard an audience clap, though I only go to a few movies each year.

Never thought I would agree with a French man.

lol who the fuck claps at movies, it's not like the people in the movie are in the theater to hear it

Usually only happens on big opening night where the movie is more of an event.

>white men fought against an occupying force

You mean that some anglos controlled by jews were sent to France to fight against patriotic people that wanted revenge for destroying their country,but I dont expect logic from a moor

I watched yesterday on my computer, this movie is so bad, so very very very bad dishapointing crap...

Dont waste time, dont watch..

If it was an American war movie it might have. I've only been to a couple movies where people have clapped at the end. I also don't usually go to the movies though

What the fuck are you doing, Rosbeefs, Hitler is the other way!

Did you graduate highschool? Its no good if you're applying an 8 year olds logic.

Makes sense. I try to go during matinees a week or two after release, when there's like twenty people in the audience.

It was cinematically a great suspense flick but yes it left me wanting more. 8/10 imo, top 5 nolan kino

You know it's all to make a parallel with the 'fugees in Calais, right?

This is how the anglo fight when they have an ally. Now you know.

Oh let me just setup my IMAX 70mm projector in my living room.

Oh yeah,this is (((your))) version:

A patriotic british men that wanted to defend the whole world as they always do went to fight the evil germans because they had no reasons to invade France

Also I hope you like Dunkirk,it will remember you who won the war and which country has a 56% of white population

I've been to the Theatre a few times and we clap at the end of a show. If burgers are clapping after watching Cape shit that should tell you a lot about what they consider to be culture.

Hitler was basically playing Hearts of Iron which the UK fucked his game up like they do everyone elses.

when i went to see it, it was a lazy sunday,
it wasn't really that packed and 70% of the people there were old guys,
the most they did was tear up and cry at some of the parts.

good movie tho, i liked it.
i don't understand why there was that french guy tho dressed as a brit.

USSR fucked his game.

Also Germany invited UK to join the axis and restore his empire,but (((british politicians))) rejected it,fired the king and declared the war on Germany

We were so close to a future free of Jews.

>B-but user,look this,we are whites

Seriously, are we going to start playing the "proof me wrong" game by posting pictures which selectively make one´s point?

You claim to be northern european but your reasoning doesnt differ much for the average butthurted south american mestizo

Shame about the Muslims raping your entire country enmasse before the crusades.

I was not told the truth then.

Every time a I watch a gaming/comic con event on live stream the american audience tend to be quite energetic and involved in it.

I thought that that Churchil´s speech addressing the New World to help the "Old World" would touch some americans.

They still think that during 8 centuries of muslim occupation no iberian girls were raped or converted to islam and married with a muslim

You keep on repeating we were "raped by the muslims" and yet DNA claims a different thing. Are we more tanned than the average northen european? Sure we are, I wonder what it would be of you if you had to face a sunny mediterranean weather for generations.

Regarding the Crusades and the battles against the moors, Im afraid northern europeans were too busy sucking each other´s cock while King Philip II was literally saving Europe from the Ottoman Empire (see Battle of Lepanto).

Not to mention our contribution to provide your army with guns and cannons and fighingt side by side against the brits in Pensacola so you got your indepedence, you ungrateful burgers.

>stereotype
Fuck off jew. Off the top of my head I remember the audience clapping at the force awakens and American sniper

This is France nowedays, and yet you fucking dare to lecture me on the islamization of the most catholic country in the world.

>Every time a I watch a gaming/comic con event on live stream the american audience tend to be quite energetic and involved in it.

Yeah, cuz those are events. We don't just clap at every random thing we like, that would be literally retarded.

But we make some noise when we're all at a first-time event or high energy gathering cuz we like to share in each others enjoyment by making a little noise to signal it. It's literally just a small cultural thing, positive social group interaction, a big ol' nothing.

I said it once my dude, and I wasn't insulting you, I meant to from the bottom of my heart, it's a shame. Spain pretty much is/was white. Then Muslims, Aztekian rape babies, etc. Muddies the issue.

Yes, and? Both of those movies were major blockbusters you probably went to see within the first week.

Hell if I know why'd you do that, but yeah.

What an awesome scene that must be. I wish our audience were so eager to express their admiration in recognition of those awesome moments.

Best part of the movie, esp for 80's horror fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=iEFhjHSVIHw

I didnt meant to be rude buddy, I am sorry If I was, you reply was quite insightful , I think the term "positiva social group interaction" describes it very well, and It was never my intention to make fun of it, in fact, I wish we had some of that in our country so we can share in the hype and enjoyment

Yeah I understood. Not like every conversation on here has to be a battle.

You do undserstand that clapping is for showing appreciation, right? Clapping at a cinema is like clapping at the TV in your own house, it's retarded.

It's just as stupid as if you had clapped your hands when the pilot does his job and lands the plane.

I haven't been to the theater in more than a decade but I had never been to a movie where the audience clapped at the end. Is this something new?

I understand clapping far more than you do Norbro, I'm American.

I've explained it perfectly clear already. In the setting of an event or big new movie it's to signal enjoyment to the rest of the gathering and have a bit of positive social interaction with them.

Americans would also cheer and clap for a pilot if he, for example, landed the plane in water after an engine failure and saved their lives.

I've been on several domestic american flights with clapping in ordinary circumstances.

Clapping for the crowd is the most stupid thing I've heard.

When you watch baseball and some guy hits a home run, you clap for the home run. You dont clap for the lard-pile three rows below you or the family seated in the back. You clap for the fucking home run.

Everyone else does as well. They payed to go to the sports arena to see the home run because it is entertainment and a display of high skill.

Just as going to the movies is entertainment. you dont clap when there is no one to clap for. If there is some special showing and Christopher Nolan showed up, sure I'd clap for him and his work, but not at the screen here in Norway, lol.

Listen to yourself, you don't make sense.

I don't go to sporting events, they bore me to tears, so I wouldn't really know.

But beyond that lapse everything I said has been true. I've said more than once that the clapping is toward someone, it's toward each other. It's a signal of enjoyment.

Basically: "Holy shit, I enjoyed that, did you enjoy that too? Yeah we all enjoyed that, I'm glad we got to enjoy that together"

But instead of all that cringy retardedness we just have a clap. Yay for your countrymen.

>live in Iowa

People clap all the time after movies here. I remember 2 minutes of after American sniper and about 1 minute after Hacksaw ridge. I don't understand it really because you're basically virtue signaling that you're a Patriot.

takes a special kind of retard to clap for recorded media with none of the artists anywhere even close

Who fucking claps after a movie if it isn't like the first screening?

>Applauding a Nolan movie
I love North Korea now.
Let's nuke the USA.

Americans would clap at funerals if it were socially acceptable.

t. autist who speaks as though 18 year old farm lads from rural England had any idea of the future an allied victory would entail.

Something tells me they didn't have access to 'the greatest story never told' back then m8.

>Implying you wouldn't clap at a funeral if it was some fuck you're glad is dead

>One teenage white girl looking bored out of her mind.

I inagine this is a common scene due to Harry Styles.

i dont go to the movies.

this
>I was told the american audience is more prone to give a round of applause at the end of the movies
I don't think ive ever seen this

what's wrong with '''kickass women''?

do women offend you?

Clapping in a movie theater is cringy as fuck. People who try to initiate applause after a movie ends need to be fucking shot. Do these mouth breathing retards think the cast of the movie is present for them to hear the fucking applause? I swear to god.

No, I just jump out and beat the crowd

Im not gonna wait and clap then get stuck at the only door